Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

SO WHAT ARE YOU TWO RACING TO? WHATS THE # OF FINDS? IS THERE A PLAN FOR THE LOOSER ;)

See post 8672:

"NascarFam has quietly thrown the gauntlet (Can you quietly throw a gauntlet? I'm not really sure but in any case that's what's been done!). His profile on geocaching.com now has a litle bouncy, scrolling text thing that reads in part, "My goal is to stay ahead of The Hubby..."

It's all in deadly serious good fun...

Oh yeah...did a little caching on the way home from work tonight. The numbers now look like:

Nascar Fam: 393 The Hubby: 386 Differential:-7

Do you hear footsteps Nascar? That's me coming up fast. ;):D

Guess I am taking my Colorado to work today to do some caching after work. ;):) It is on

Well guess what buddy? I am on the extremely short list to beta test the new Garmin American Samoa. This thing is so far beyond the Colorado that they couldn't even name it after a state, they had to use a territory! An atomic clock to maximize accuracy, ground penetrating radar, sonar, infrared, x-ray, and MRI search technology, a built-in metal detector, plus it makes Slurpees and dispenses bug repellent (not at the same time)!! All in a package that fits in a shirt pocket and comes in seven designer colors AND plaid.

Or maybe I'll just keep borrowing Wolf Grrl's Vista... B)

No, wait, them boys were whipped at the Alamo, huh?

When 200 soldiers hold off 6000 for 13 days it's kind of hard to use a word like "whipped." And in this case the loss of a battle may very well have helped win the war. It is possible that the victory at the Alamo made Santa Anna (the Mexican general) overconfident thereby contributing to his defeat and capture at the Battle of San Jacinto. ;)

...because surely you were completely serious and wanted a very brief summation on the significance of the Battle of the Alamo.

I am serious...and don't call me Shirley.

Edited by The Hubby
All in a package that fits in a shirt pocket and comes in seven designer colors AND plaid.

Sign me up fur one of them fancy plaid models. I want it to blend in with my shirts and pants.

Or maybe it is a stolen image. B);):)

'Stolen' is such an ugly word. I never took the image anywhere... just added html directions to where it was posted for the entire world to look at. Ted can't see it because of all the awesome Virus Protection that he has on his computer. :D

Oh, no. Better reboot before the virus takes over. That red x is bad, bad news. :)

Try this url

http://i.pbase.com/u40/michigan_aerials/la...NTHEYAPPEAR.jpg

:)

This is what I get with your link.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /u40/michigan_aerials/large/26244039.OBJECTSINMIRRORCLOSERTHANTHEYAPPEAR.jpg on this server.

Apache/2.0.58 (Unix) Server at i.pbase.com Port 80

[

This is what I get with your link.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /u40/michigan_aerials/large/26244039.OBJECTSINMIRRORCLOSERTHANTHEYAPPEAR.jpg on this server.

Apache/2.0.58 (Unix) Server at i.pbase.com Port 80

Uh oh, you need to pay your internet bill. Hire an attorney.

(It is a picture of a huge tank in a rear view mirror.)

I'm putting my money on the slow guy in the back! :)

10991bbb-9194-4655-86c7-b5b733062bff.jpg

I guess there is supposed to be a picture where it says "IPB image". How come I don't see it? Is it some kind of conspiracy? :)

I can't understand why Ted's computer is advising him against viewing the picture when it still allows him onto this forum and otherwise associating with the characters that hang around it. :)

I'd delete your hard drive and then with the power turned off, unplug the power cable and use a 10% bleach/water solution liberally into the memory. This will kill any virus (among other things) and assure it won't further infest your computer. There may be one little expense after but I call this the

CONTROL-ALT-DELETE-RECEIPT command. :)

You know I was looking for a boat to go get Hubby's 4 caches. To also ward off all the other Cachers from beating me to them. I realized that they all had been found now. So I guess I will save my Money for Ice Cream for Super Grrls Event next weekend. We All Scream for Ice Cream!

5eae959e-5b47-4699-964a-992f7a334938.jpg

P.S. Hot off the Press. Camel680, Ted and Rosa. Well Ted anyway. Will attend We All Scream for Ice Cream! It will be great to meet everyone. What do we have to do to get Boga there?

Edited by Nascar Fam

Well, I am definitely back into caching. Wolfgrrl, The Hubby and Supergrrl got us up and out of the house for almost 70 caches in the last two weeks alone. We had an AWESOME time and are looking forward to our next day of caching (again). Yes, the caching bug has bitten me once again...Hopefully I can continue to find the time to feed it! :angry:

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we will make their ice cream event so please eat some ice cream for us! :D

Greg...With Judd's caching intuition and agressiveness (he nearly knocked me over running to several caches yesterday), you have an awful lot of work to stay ahead of him! Good luck! (You will need it!) hehehe

Thanks Fraga family for getting us back into it...We really enjoyed caching with you guys!

Well, I am definitely back into caching. Wolfgrrl, The Hubby and Supergrrl got us up and out of the house for almost 70 caches in the last two weeks alone. We had an AWESOME time and are looking forward to our next day of caching (again). Yes, the caching bug has bitten me once again...Hopefully I can continue to find the time to feed it! :angry:

Congratulations Tim and WELCOME back! :D

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we will make their ice cream event so please eat some ice cream for us! :D

Well then, be sure you mark this NEXT MAC event on your calendar: Happy to be 50! There will be lots of goodies and plenty to do. :D
Greg...With Judd's caching intuition and agressiveness (he nearly knocked me over running to several caches yesterday), you have an awful lot of work to stay ahead of him! Good luck! (You will need it!) hehehe

I'd say Greg had just better give up right now and save a lot of embarrassment! :D

Nooooo.... Don't leave us and go back to them. We almost had you cured. INTERVENTION!! :D:D

Happy to be 50! There will be lots of goodies and plenty to do. :angry:

Want to learn some things about PAPERLESS CACHING?

How about using GSAK such as:

Planning routes, using filters, simple macros, getting help, customizing printing, or tracking your finds?

Post your requests here on this forum if you plan to attend and would like to attend such a class. Tell us what you'd like to learn. The seminar will be tailored to the requests we receive.

The class will be conducted during the event. Happy to be 50!

Thanks Tom..It is great to be back!

I am looking at attending all of the events, but unfortunately I will be in school on the 31st, 1st and 2nd. (In Atwater of all places!) Sounds like it will be an awesome event though! Maybe you can coaxe Mrs. Sanruft into going without me?? (nudge nudge)

Congratulations Tim and WELCOME back

Well then, be sure you mark this NEXT MAC event on your calendar: Happy to be 50! There will be lots of goodies and plenty to do.[/size][/b] [/color] :D

Yes Bill...It appears that the dark side is strong with this group...Seems to have a gravitational pull too strong to fight. You too, will be back to the dark side my friend...Don't fight it, we know it is within you! :D:D

Well, I am definitely back into caching. Wolfgrrl, The Hubby and Supergrrl got us up and out of the house for almost 70 caches in the last two weeks alone. We had an AWESOME time and are looking forward to our next day of caching (again). Yes, the caching bug has bitten me once again...Hopefully I can continue to find the time to feed it! :)

Nooooo.... Don't leave us and go back to them. We almost had you cured. INTERVENTION!! :huh::D

Yes Bill...It appears that the dark side is strong with this group...Seems to have a gravitational pull too strong to fight. You too, will be back to the dark side my friend...Don't fight it, we know it is within you! :D:)

NO! Don't encourage him Tim. We like him right where he is!! Dark side --> :D:huh: < Dark side

Sorry Tom...I must bring Bill back to the dark side with me. He is one of the reasons I was so involved with caching and miss having him out there with us...

And Tom, you have been quite the inspiration as well...Tomorrow I will be going to my second photography meeting with the Modesto Camera Club. I even have some photographs with me so they can evaluate them! :D Should be interesting!

Yes Bill...It appears that the dark side is strong with this group...Seems to have a gravitational pull too strong to fight. You too, will be back to the dark side my friend...Don't fight it, we know it is within you! :D:D

NO! Don't encourage him Tim. We like him right where he is!! Dark side --> :huh::) < Dark side

The Hubby Nascar Fam Challenge™ is OVER!!!

The Hubby: 429

Nascar Fam: 395

Differential: +34 for The Hubby.

Veni, vidi, vici

Gaius-Julius-Caesar-Roman-Emperor-Giclee-Print-C12382239.jpeg

I'm sure Nascar Fam will catch me again soon enough but for now I can say that I passed him.

I'd like to thank Wolf Grrl, Super Grrl, SB Junky, Sanruft, The Academy...

For everyone out there who doesn't know me personally, this was all in fun. Nascar Fam is a buddy and I'm looking forward to caching with him again as soon as possible.

Congrats Judd on passing me. I guess I did not pay sanruft enough money to keep you from signing caches. You all just got out there and rocked. Looking forward to laughing about all this at supergrrls event. We can not wait.

Thanks Greg. I'll tell ya', the best part was spending time with friends. We had a lot of fun and laughs while we searched the Valley. We need to set up a day for you and yours and me and mine to get together and go searching.

I could give you some tips if you want... :D:D:huh:

Who am I kidding...everyone knows Wolf Grrl is the secret behind my success...

CONGRAT'S to THE HUBBY for passing 400! It's about darn time! :D

CONGRAT'S to SANRUFT for getting back out there! It's nice to see you all in it again.

Tom, I'm in agreement with Tim. It would be nice to see Bill get back into it. We move out here and he quits. :huh: I'd like to go caching with him some time.

Tim, good luck tonight at the club meeting. I've seen your pics, you'll do fine. Geocaching is about as far as I go with my "outgoingness" or I'd join just to "get a clue".

Greg, no worries you'll probably pass him again soon enough. :D

I can't believe all the seminars going on at Happy's 50th event. I'm sorry we won't be there. We wanted to make it. I'm just glad we were able to attend one MAC event this year. Radikel, that was nicely done and thank you again for putting it on!