Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

Hi Trysha!

Welcome to CVC land! Yes - there are a lot of nice folks in the SOUTH (Ted is a lawyer, so you know he is a paid advocate for the North.)

But, please watch out for WolfGrrl! She is questionable at best. I mean, how many people do you know would stick their head into a toilet seat - just for fun??? :rolleyes::lol:

f62279f2-f26b-42a2-a24c-cea0870e2166.jpg

Photom, that is a hilarious picture, ha ha!! I have to say, though --that it has DEFINITELY influenced my decision to hang out with people like you guys-- for the positive LOL! Although WolfGrrl and I live near each other, we haven't actually met in person yet, but we hope to get together soon (as in once we have a weekend where we're both HOME).

We're hoping to get SuperGrrl and TinkyBug together as well, so I just showed the pic to my daughter. She said "Oh. My. GOSH. Mom, I could SO see you doing something like that!"

Bwahahahahahaaaaaaaaa I think this is going to be FUN.

Man o man...you're absent a couple of days from the forums and you miss out on so much! ROFLMBO! I was just sitting here reading all of these just cracking up!

Trysha, I am so sorry I didn't even suggest you go to the forum. However you found it and you might be sorry you did. :rolleyes: Welcome to a crazy bunch here! I truly hope you and I can meet up and maybe grab a few caches. You still have yet to do the one at my house! :lol: We need to get you into it more. To reiterate what Sanruft said, truly the nicest people ever are the cachers right here in the CVC and MAC groups! I've met cachers in Texas and I've cached in the Bay Area (my old stomping grounds) and honestly (I don't need a lawyer here and I'm not a paid advocate...LOL) these are the nicest group of cachers any where! I just feel so welcomed here. I hope you make it to Radikel's event that is always a great place to start.

Oh Greg, I hope you have a Last Will & Testament in order. It sounds like you are going to need it! :lol:

Who couldn't resist a picture of a toilet seat! Thanks Photom! It was a great day with great cachers!

Could someone please in English tell me how to insert pictures? I would love to post one of our CVC kids! It's a great picture.

I know you would think I'd know but I don't so help would be greatly appreciated!

How about a picture instead??

b6b5f5fd-36ae-4471-afd4-16c6dfb264d0.jpg

Also for any of you that do not know Sanruft had hit his 1000th Cache while at the Geowoodstock Event. Once agian Congrats on your milestone.

BOGA - I think you need to have the judge issue a GAG order on Greg. Here he goes, sucking up to the potential jurors. :)

Oh, yes, C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S to Tim!!

;)

At least Greg hasn't said that he likes everyone in CVC best... like I do! Then it would be really difficult for him to get a fair trial. - Wait a minute. The trial has no barring on the penalty phase anyway.

Go ahead Greg. Kiss up! ;)

----

Way to go Tim. The big one, oh, oh, oh. Hasn't it been a blast?! I'll bet the next 1k will be even better too. :)

At my current caching rate Bill, I may get the next 1000 in about 20 years! :)

Maybe I will start going more often if a certain farmer gets back into it...Sound like fun Bill? :)

---

Way to go Tim. The big one, oh, oh, oh. Hasn't it been a blast?! I'll bet the next 1k will be even better too. ;)

At my current caching rate Bill, I may get the next 1000 in about 20 years! :)

Maybe I will start going more often if a certain farmer gets back into it...Sound like fun Bill? :(

You know that's where I'd rather be. Racing to the next 1k and collecting stories along the way.

... I just passed 1200...

Actually, 1200 isn't a milestone but 12000 is. I'll congratulate you on your 1k.

And Photom. You've got me by 5 times over?! Man, have you been working. Way to go!!

Hi Everyone,

:) I just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. I'm Trysha from Riverbank (near Modesto). I'm a very new cacher, and my exploring buddy is my 9yo daughter, Katie.

We learned of geocaching from my boss in Massachussetts who caches with his whole family. I bought a GPS and Katie and I found one of WolfGrrl's caches as our very first find! So we're hooked, but challenged by a lack of time to really dive in as much as we'd like.

Speaking of WolfGrrl, she's been SO incredibly kind and supportive just via email and answered so many questionns already. She has nothing but good things to say about the CVC'ers so I thought I'd look up the thread and say hello!

I hope to meet many of you soon...thx for letting me pop in!

Trysha

Hello, my name is Doug, how do you like me so far :) ? I really try to make a good first impression as when you hang out with the evil, wicked, nasty(read North), wonderful, kind, caring, sweet, interesting, knowledgeable, smart, good looking (read South), evil, wicked, nasty (oh wait, we already covered them) people that we all are, a good first impression is likely the only good impression you will get. :( Anyway, welcome to our happy family of cachers. We really hope to get to meet you so we can dispel any of the positive things any one may have said about us! Please come to our morning muffin event. And tell your daughter hello for me, as we really need to start our younguns on the right path (that being said, keep her away from NASCARFAM & Bill of Green Achers). AGAIN, WELCOME!

We now interupt your regularly scheduled CVC Tag!! ramblings for the following important announcement:

NascarFam has quietly thrown the gauntlet (Can you quietly throw a gauntlet? I'm not really sure but in any case that's what's been done!). His profile on geocaching.com now has a litle bouncy, scrolling text thing that reads in part, "My goal is to stay ahead of The Hubby..."

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!

I've upgraded to premium membership and logged a number of members-only caches that I couldn't previously as well as several that I hadn't gotten around to. As of June 6 it looks something like:

NascarFam: 365 The Hubby: 284 Differential: -81

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war. :(

Oh, by the way Mr. NascarFam, grown men smothered in logos (do they have sponsor logos on their undies? Probably) turning left for three hours isn't a sport, it's just silly. :):)

Edited by The Hubby

...as we really need to start our younguns on the right path (that being said, keep her away from NASCARFAM & Bill of Green Achers)...

Pardon?! "Wrong path"? Have I ever mis-lead your children down any path Doug? :) I rest my case. :) [They'd have to be cachers for that to happen. :( ] ;):)

NascarFam has quietly thrown the gauntlet (Can you quietly throw a gauntlet? I'm not really sure but in any case that's what's been done!).

I heard it from here!

...turning left for three hours isn't a sport, it's just silly...

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts will. :)

Edited by Green Achers

But, please watch out for WolfGrrl! She is questionable at best. I mean, how many people do you know would stick their head into a toilet seat - just for fun???

I'm with you SG. The only people I've seen with their head there were getting 'a swirly' or the all dreaded 'dirty swirly' :( and there sure weren't any smiles by the person in the frame. :)

Hello, my name is Doug, how do you like me so far :D ? I really try to make a good first impression as when you hang out with the evil, wicked, nasty(read North), wonderful, kind, caring, sweet, interesting, knowledgeable, smart, good looking (read South), evil, wicked, nasty (oh wait, we already covered them) people that we all are, a good first impression is likely the only good impression you will get. :blink: Anyway, welcome to our happy family of cachers. We really hope to get to meet you so we can dispel any of the positive things any one may have said about us! Please come to our morning muffin event. And tell your daughter hello for me, as we really need to start our younguns on the right path (that being said, keep her away from NASCARFAM & Bill of Green Achers). AGAIN, WELCOME!

Hi Doug, thanks for the welcome! Now I'm going to have to find out: where is the magical dividing line between the North and South? I just gotta know!

You guys all sound like so much fun, and I am really hoping we can come to the muffin event later this month. My daughter loves the whole concept of caching already. In fact, when we're driving around, she's always looking for people she thinks are caching, "MOMMY are those guys caching?" ..."No Katie, those guys are fixing underground pipes.".... it's pretty funny.

As for NASCARFAM, warn me as you might, but anyone who uses NASCAR in their screenname can't be all bad LOL! My husband and I actually MET at a NASCAR Race, and are big fans.

Hope you're all having a great weekend so far. Tinkybug got two teeth pulled yesterday, and today got 10 inches of her lovely hair cut off, and is donating it to Locks of Love! I'm so proud of her--all her idea. And her shorter hair looks adorable. first time it's ever been this short!

Anyhoo, I have a TON of work to do this weekend, but hopefully this will be the last weekend of overload, so we can enjoy the rest of our summer!

tah tah for now!

Edited by Bug'sMom

you know you look at this forum and there are more postings here in the last two weeks than in the last year. Glad to see it. I will have to take Tag out more often. HMMMM maybe she will like muffins if Geobandit ever puts her back out. lol (Kidding Tom and Bill)

Edited by Nascar Fam

New Topic:

2For the Road officially joined the 2,000 finds club 30 minutes ago!

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! :blink::D

Good Show. Way to go. And is it so?!

Congratulations Bev and Pete. You made it to 2000 and haven't been on trial yet (in spite of the fact that you've been so involved in taking CVC Tag!!! of the the country on more than one occasion - But I digress. Congrats.). cool0012.gif

Wow! All of these new milestones!

Congrats Tom on 5000! That's a lot of caching right there!

Congrats Pete and Bev on 2000! Pretty amazing considering how much you guys cache antmore.

And congrats Cindy on 800...The last two hendred till 1000 took forever for me. I hope you reach it a bit faster!

Yes, well, we are slow. It's taken us almost 6 years to get to 2,000. One reason is that we just go when we can; a few a month here and there. The other reason is that we don't CHEAT. Yes, cheat. I'm sad to say I've discovered some cheating that happened after Geowoodstock. It makes me sad that people are so into their numbers that they have to resort to that. B) Very sad.

Yes, well, we are slow. It's taken us almost 6 years to get to 2,000. One reason is that we just go when we can; a few a month here and there. The other reason is that we don't CHEAT. Yes, cheat. I'm sad to say I've discovered some cheating that happened after Geowoodstock. It makes me sad that people are so into their numbers that they have to resort to that. :o Very sad.

Checking on a cache or two in preparation for Merced Morning Muffin Mania. I can confirm what you're saying, 2 for the road. For one of my caches I had 100% match up between logs and signatures until the days following GWS. Then suddenly I had many more finds online than signatures on paper. And that was a log going back almost 2 yrs so obviously the vast majority of cachers FIND the caches and then log them honestly, but apparently there are those who don't ;). I think these cut-and-paste logs and "team" umbrella signatures affected many of you other cache owners.

Hey BOGA, did you see that?

Yep, that was me. I started caching like 9 months after you and passed 1000 a couple weeks before you. That was me, that FLASH that passed you by!

Well, great cachers like us have to pace themselves or we would burn out too quickly ;) , right? :o

Thats... Radikel. ;) Passed me so quickly I didn't even see it coming. Congrats.

Of course, if I only said that I was at GW6 and then started logging the caches that I would have found, I could catch Tom.

Darn if I hate learning about cheaters. ;) And don't even get me started on the teams with stickers or the same signatures. It's no wonder the number chasers can't remember most of the caches they've 'found'. It's all about the adventure IMHO and the people that cheat have only cheated themselves (and not impressed me either). Sure glad the CVC group in whole is devoted, honest and fun loving. [Group hug!] :o

The other reason is that we don't CHEAT. Yes, cheat. I'm sad to say I've discovered some cheating that happened after Geowoodstock. It makes me sad that people are so into their numbers that they have to resort to that. :o Very sad.

Yeah, thinking about these super mega number types is kind of interesting if you do the actual math. Sanruft and I talked through the numbers once. 24 hours in a day is 1440 minutes; if you figure 10 minutes per cache that’s a maximum of 144 in a day. And that’s assuming you can travel between caches, find them, and log them in just 10 minutes. That sure makes some of the 200 a day claims seem a little fishy.

Heck, I won’t even claim the caches I found with the lovely Wolf Grrl back before I became an officially registered caching type. Some folks just get way to competitive with this stuff (coming for you Greg!!) ;)

P.S. Congrats on the milestone!

The Hubby Nascar Fam Challenge™------------- The Hubby=296.....Nascar Fam=365 as of 6/9/08. That means The Hubby is still trailing by 69 finds.

You know once I got looking at one person in paticular that was signing alot of Caches here in the area and I had gone to some of the caches and there was no sign ins by this person. So I got real suspicious of it. THen when he found mine I went out to check on it. To my suprise there was no signature on it. It almost made me just want to quit this. I even called Groundspeak. They just said that he is only hurting himself. There is no real prize for first. Just everyone to speculate tha has he really found that many? I did notice that he just went away and has not logged anything for a very long time. I just let it go. I know that the people that I am competitive with in the sport that there finds are true and acurate. Unlike my spelling.

On another note one time when I found like 30 in one day. I was posting all my finds and on one I put that this is where i learned to sail. Boy was I wrong on this one. I got the caches mixed up when I was posting them. The owner of that Cache emailed me and said they got a laugh out of my post. Cause it was not even near Water. I did find that cache I just posted it wrong. So now when I got out and find alot of Caches in one day I am writing down the info until I can figure out how to use the field notes on my Colorado. Nedless to say the most I found in one day is 44 and that was from morning to nite. So I am not really sure how they do that many in one day also. I am really exited for everyones milestones here in CVC. Keep on Caching

Edited by Nascar Fam

Yes, well, we are slow. It's taken us almost 6 years to get to 2,000. One reason is that we just go when we can; a few a month here and there. The other reason is that we don't CHEAT. Yes, cheat. I'm sad to say I've discovered some cheating that happened after Geowoodstock. It makes me sad that people are so into their numbers that they have to resort to that. ;) Very sad.

WOW!!!! Here's my question then If that cheat finds a cache that was owned by me and theres no log then just delete there log! Should fix that after a while.... :o

Yes, we deleted logs. Others in Merced will have non-accurate logs, too. (And all up and down from Sacramento to Southern California for that matter) It's up to them to delete or not.

We've had suspicions about different logs in the past and didn't delete. Figured people had a conscience, but this case was a bit different because we knew the facts.....we were actually caching with part of the "team" and realized when the rest logged a find that they were bogus. We even went to each of our caches and checked log sheets. We were fair and checked the facts. It's disappointing and sad for us. We get Greg's thought about wanting to quit caching. And all this after the Geowoodstock high where we came away thinking such wonderful things about all cachers. :o