Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

Also Had Coffee yesterday morning at ICache4U There are new owners there. They are a nice couple. You might also see them out there with a GPS soon. They seem to love the game. So if any of you are looking for a nice place to have a cup of Coffee or a sandwich. She had owned a Togo's in Tracy for 10 years. I am going there for lunch today to try it out. They also said they were going to have a salad bar starting today. But don't expect a hint from them on where ICache4U is cause you probably wont get one. Happy Caching

I am not sure if I am supose to plug like this so If I am not can someone let me know and I will pull this post.

I don't think you were plugging as much as you were just sharing your experience/day with us. Is that the cache that was in front of CVC coffee break event? If so, grabbed it! You weren't into it then but when we first moved here there was an event there. It was my first event in our new area. It was fun. That is where I met the nicest cachers yet! I'm glad you had a good day.

We need to plan a caravan to go grab warhrse's 18th cache. I know SB Junky is going. Greg are you in? Also any one else interested let's firm up a date and get that cache of our list!

Every one have a great week!

Hmmm... :laughing: From what I know of Nomex he is nice and fair. However, this subject is irritating the crud out of me!

Actually, there are 'security' watch people sneaking around those campuses and they're job is to collect a pay check - and look for people hanging around that have no business there. There are a ton of public there so Geocaching seams to fit well but I for one have had the delight of talking to the security and only once was I asked to leave (after explaining Geocaching to them).

BTW...the event on Saturday was so much fun! We all had a great time. We hung out with NascarFam and SB Junky while Super Grrl hung out with OlympicWannabe. She had a blast! Great weather, great cachers, who could ask for more?!

Akem... I, could have been there?! [Just the first thing that came to mind.]

We are now armed with alternative caching mobile's...kayaks! We bought them today, put them in the water today, grabbed a FTF today with them! Too much fun.

So I know where you can go caching now... If I can swim to Rocks In Your Head, you can kayak to it!

Also Had Coffee yesterday morning at ICache4U.

So did I! What are the chances?! :rolleyes:

I will keep my eyes on the lookout for you. I was at the Grand Opening of REI in stockton today. Very nice store. Nice to see JerryW38 there. they were giving out gift cards anywhere from 5-100.00 to the first 150 people in. so I got there at 7:15am and waited for the doors to open at 10:00am. As my luck would have it I got a 5.00 gift card while everyone around me got 25-75. But hey I got a free cool water bottle. So alot of people got to hear all about Geocaching while they were inline with me. So anyway there are 2 caches in the parking lot of Rei. Well one is in the REI's parking lot. Happy caching all

Does any one out there have an old GPSr that I could buy? mine broke and I have been caching without one, and it is double the work. I have had to expand my searches by over 50 feet.

by using google earth You might be able to find warhorses 7th caches now. As we all know we can not do it with a GPS. :unsure::blink: check out the gps garage sale forum here too.

Does any one out there have an old GPSr that I could buy? mine broke and I have been caching without one, and it is double the work. I have had to expand my searches by over 50 feet.

by using google earth You might be able to find warhorses 7th caches now. As we all know we can not do it with a GPS. :grin::laughing: check out the gps garage sale forum here too.

As a matter of fact I will be giving warhrse's 7th cache one more try since I wil be hiding a cache close to that location.

I tried to find warhrse's 7th cache today, no luck. The area is really starting to show signs of geocachers in the area. branches broken, rocks turned over, plants trampled. I thought we where supposed to tread lightly. Anyway I was hiding one of the many caches I have been meaning to release into the wild.

Edited by RunningWolph

Woohoo! Big congrats are in order for Radikel and Boga.............both have gotten to (and passed) 1000 caches found! Good going.........we hope you continue to cache and enjoy it! :)

Also To Wolf Grrl who got 1000 finds, and happend to get her 1000th at the Original Cache. So Congrats to you all. Keep it up. :):)

Woohoo! Big congrats are in order for Radikel and Boga.............both have gotten to (and passed) 1000 caches found! Good going.........we hope you continue to cache and enjoy it! B)

Also To Wolf Grrl who got 1000 finds, and happend to get her 1000th at the Original Cache. So Congrats to you all. Keep it up. B)B)

YES!! Congrats to Radikel, BOGA, and Wolfgrrl!! Is it PARTY TIME? :ph34r::(B):P

IS the mac group doing the camping trip this year?

From the MAC Group: Well, Yes, uh - er NO. We are all going to Geowoodstock VI and camping there instead of having our "annual" spring camping event. You will find [some of] us at the Folsom Lake State Recreation Area. But we will have a FALL event in Merced County.... :ph34r::(

Congrats to all on their caching milestones!

:) Well said. Way to go everyone. [Who's reached milestones?] [i'm so lost.] :D

Well let's see........ Photom 5000...............JPD43 3500................Radikel 1000............2 For the Road 2000 (or darn close!)................Wolf Grrl 1000

Congrats to all on their caching milestones!

:D Well said. Way to go everyone. [Who's reached milestones?] [i'm so lost.] :)

Well let's see........ Photom 5000...............JPD43 3500................Radikel 1000............2 For the Road 2000 (or darn close!)................Wolf Grrl 1000

Oh my. Everyone's doing so well without me! I'm surrounded by victorious celebration.

19c2f490.gif

I was able to reach a compromise on publishing my multicache at CSUS. I'm still waiting for an answer from Groundspeak regarding my appeal. I'm not holding my breath. TJ2

Spoiler: Juvyr trggvat neerfgrq sbe gerfcnffvat, pnpur vf ybpngrq haqre obbxvat pbhagre arne gur svatre cevag fgngvba.

A l B l C l D l E l F l G l H l I l J l K l L l M

N l O l P l Q l R l S l T l U l V l W l X l Y l Z

:):D:D

Well done Bill! :lol:

After all that work to figure that out does it count as a cache find? :)

Ok gang...when are we organizing a group to go caching? FYI - Super Grrl is planning her "Ice Cream Social" event. Keep on the lookout for that. I expect to see you all there! :D

WOW...The Hubby puts out 4 caches and still no finds yet. Hmmm...does the terrain difficulty have something to do with it? :P

Deranja Update

After the charity event we worked yesterday I was texting Deranja. She says she finally has a belly bump! She will be here later this week. Derk has been busy working all the time. I'm hoping to have dinner with Angie when she's here so I'll get more of an update on our caching friends.

Edited by Wolf Grrl

Off topic but today while placing a cache I came to an area where it seems some one has camped in the past. There was a huge teepee-like structure. On a big oak tree there remains of tree house. There was even an outhouse structure with a door. Ron Streeter came to my mind when I saw this area. Someone mentioned once about a geocache site near a homeless encampment. I wish Ron would come back to active caching. I would like to see what he's got left.

Is anyone Taking the CVC banner to geowoodstock?

GREAT QUESTION! Who has it? OF? 2 For the Road? BOGA? :anicute::D

Some of the MAC group will be there, leaving Thursday PM, and returning Sunday PM. We would be glad to transport the CVC and MAC banners. :D:D

Finally, speaking of TAKING things to GW VI... who is taking CVC Tag????? :D:D;):anicute:

Is anyone Taking the CVC banner to geowoodstock?

GREAT QUESTION! Who has it? OF? 2 For the Road? BOGA? :DB)

Some of the MAC group will be there, leaving Thursday PM, and returning Sunday PM. We would be glad to transport the CVC and MAC banners. :huh::)

Finally, speaking of TAKING things to GW VI... who is taking CVC Tag????? :D:huh::DB)

To late I grabbed it this morning before work, and work was 5' from the cache. B)

Now let the bidding begin. :D

As they say, "you snooze you lose!" :laughing:

Now let's see who wins the race to grab it in time for GW6.

Hopefully those of you going up early to GW6 will reserve a section/tables (not sure how it works) for the rest of us CVC'rs. I can't wait to see everyone again! We should try to have someone take a group shot of us.

See you Saturday!

It's nice to see Bill was able to get out and grab a few. Now if only we could get him out on a caching run!

Do I get credit for maintaining 4 caches and finding one this week? It felt like a run to me... the snow is 2 feet deep but iced so you can walk on it to get the four caches!

Ok I got it. who knows where it will show up at Geowoodstock.

This sounds awfully incriminating. Greg! You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you [and may be expanded upon to boot].

Heat up the tar, gang. I think we're about to witness a crime.

It was pointed out that if I have CVC Tag!!! on my watch list, I better turn it off for a couple days... Very Funny. As the 'owner', you can't turn a blind eye to the hundreds of email messages that you get after someone takes it (out of bounds) to a 'MEGA EVENT'. Oh, someone is going to pay.

It will be interesting to see the surveillance photo's. B)

It was pointed out that if I have CVC Tag!!! on my watch list, I better turn it off for a couple days... Very Funny. As the 'owner', you can't turn a blind eye to the hundreds of email messages that you get after someone takes it (out of bounds) to a 'MEGA EVENT'. Oh, someone is going to pay.

It will be interesting to see the surveillance photo's. :blink:

I think Bill is going to have a really hard time finding an impartial jury for this one (at least in the geocaching community). Hope you have already deleted my CVC tag log because I just edited it to destroy the evidence.

It will be interesting to see the surveillance photo's. :ph34r:

I think Bill is going to have a really hard time finding an impartial jury for this one (at least in the geocaching community). Hope you have already deleted my CVC tag log because I just edited it to destroy the evidence.

The list of characters involved is deeper than I imagined. Oh the shame of it all. What has this world come to?!