Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

Hi there everyone! I want to give a BIG THANKS to NascarFam for a fun event. I wanted to inform everyone that CVC tag is ready to be found. Ah...I'm saved from the tar and feathering! :)

I've found, you're never safe from T&F in CVC! :blink:

Ya Riverbank is pretty close to the Tar and Feather Boarder. :D:):D

PS. Just a reminder there is an Geocaching Event in Valley Springs this Next Saturday. Should be alot of fun.

Hi there everyone! I want to give a BIG THANKS to NascarFam for a fun event. I wanted to inform everyone that CVC tag is ready to be found. Ah...I'm saved from the tar and feathering! ;)

I've found, you're never safe from T&F in CVC! :D

Ya Riverbank is pretty close to the Tar and Feather Boarder. ;);):D

PS. Just a reminder there is an Geocaching Event in Valley Springs this Next Saturday. Should be alot of fun.

Uh, BOGA... the reason(s) you get tarrred and feathered have absolutely nothing with borders. It is YOUR CONDUCT and especially yor treatment of CVC Tag that causes your T&F. :drama::drama:

Since I missed the last CVC event, I do plan to make the Valley Springs one. Hope to see everyone there. :)

I think we may be in attendance for this one.

The Hubby was thinking of putting on a pre-GW6 event. That was until I told him that GW6 is on a Saturday. However, do you think anyone would be interested in a Meet-n-Greet Friday night? Or would that be too much?

Also I was wondering if any one in CVC thought about creating a logo and a website? I have a logo design in mind but can't put it down on paper. I thought it might be nice if we had one and had a banner made up and take it to GW6. I'm sure someone in CVC knows someone that could help with it. Is this something CVC wouldn't be interested in?

I know there are alot of things going on on the friday before in sacramento area so not sure what a turnout would be. I am up for it. We are not going till saturday morning. I thnk there is a banner that I saw at the one event at the safari and at radicals pizza thing last summer. I noticed that there are quite a few groups around have websites. I would pich in some $$ to help suport a website. I was looking back at forum logs along time ago. It seemed the forum use to be quite active. Maybe we can get it all going agian. Has anyone here ever done a 24hr cache run? Also I have th CVC Tag. I went to almost hte end of the earth to get it. At least that is what Ithought when i was driiving out there and 20 bucks worth the gas I am sure. :o:P lol=== I should have it out in the AM if not before. Hopefully when the Mac groups rides through town it will not end up in that far away land agian. :):o Anyway see some of you tomorrow I am sure.

I know there are alot of things going on on the friday before in sacramento area so not sure what a turnout would be. I am up for it. We are not going till saturday morning. I thnk there is a banner that I saw at the one event at the safari and at radicals pizza thing last summer. I noticed that there are quite a few groups around have websites. I would pich in some $$ to help suport a website. I was looking back at forum logs along time ago. It seemed the forum use to be quite active. Maybe we can get it all going agian. Has anyone here ever done a 24hr cache run? Also I have th CVC Tag. I went to almost hte end of the earth to get it. At least that is what Ithought when i was driiving out there and 20 bucks worth the gas I am sure. :o:o lol=== I should have it out in the AM if not before. Hopefully when the Mac groups rides through town it will not end up in that far away land agian. :):) Anyway see some of you tomorrow I am sure.

Before you do decide on an event.... there is already a Meet & Greet Friday night in Roseville. Some of us will be going to that one. CVC TAG will be going to the Huggable Event won't (s)he???? :P

The Hubby was thinking of putting on a pre-GW6 event. That was until I told him that GW6 is on a Saturday. However, do you think anyone would be interested in a Meet-n-Greet Friday night? Or would that be too much?

Also I was wondering if any one in CVC thought about creating a logo and a website? I have a logo design in mind but can't put it down on paper. I thought it might be nice if we had one and had a banner made up and take it to GW6. I'm sure someone in CVC knows someone that could help with it. Is this something CVC wouldn't be interested in?

CVC Does indeed have a banner. MAC has a campout banner (S'Mores & Snoores.) I do believe we will be able to grab both of them for GW VI. If anyone elese is camping, we have some camping at Folsom Lake SRA - Beal's Point campground. So far it's JPD43, me, 707Guy, Fresgo, Mrs Fresgo and Trekky. No matter where you plan to stay (if you are staying over) - be sure to make reservations NOW. :o

One of the CVC forefathers, georgeandmary, solved the CVC Logo in 2003. I believe you'll find it on the Banner (donated by Outrageous Fortunes).

39570_500.jpg

It would be a blast to see it taken to GeoWoodstock VI

Great to see alot of you at the event in Valley Springs today. as Per Mike P said that Register early for Geowoodstock. Please do not just Put will attend on the GC page. you need to register at www.geowoodstockvi site. I think it is. They also need volunteers for it. So if you can spare and hour or two to help out there is a page there to fill out. After listening to them talk about it today they are expecting 3000 there. There will be alot for the kids to do. from clowns to painting ammo cans then auctioning them off. I really enjoy the events. Meeting new people that do this crazy sport and seeing others that I have met from this. Hopefully CVC will not end up in Merced but if it does I promise I will drive down there and retrieve it. (tom that was not a licence to put it back down there :P:D:D ) well Happy Caching all

Read thru Photom's eye's...

Great to see alot of you at the event in Valley Springs today. as Per Mike P said that Register early for Geowoodstock. Please do not just Put will attend on the GC page. you need to register at www.geowoodstockvi site. I think it is. They also need volunteers for it. So if you can spare and hour or two to help out there is a page there to fill out. After listening to them talk about it today they are expecting 3000 there. There will be alot for the kids to do. from clowns to painting ammo cans then auctioning them off. I really enjoy the events. Meeting new people that do this crazy sport and seeing others that I have met from this. Hopefully CVC will not end up in Merced but if it does I promise I will drive down there and retrieve it. (tom that was not a licence to put it back down there :(:P:D ) well Happy Caching all

:P

I hope everyone had fun at the Gathering today. I wish I could have made it. :D

I had a great time at the event in Valley Springs.

Ok, so we have a logo and a banner...will someone be brining it to GW6 or do you want me to? I know The Hubby is going to volunteer some time. I may, it's just my sister DYFEN will be coming out for it and it's my chance to spend time with her, she lives in Houston. If I can talk her into it and volunteer with me then that would be great. I put the urgency of registering for GW6 in the Houston forums. I know quite a few of them are heading this way for it. I felt it was important to help get the word out.

Thanks for the input on a Friday event. We won't be doing it. We are considering an Easter event on the Saturday before Easter. Will anyone be in town? We were thinking of having it at our place. We'd do an egg hunt for the little ones across the street in the park and what not. We are also going to put together a Summer Ice Cream Social this year. Of course that was The Hubby's idea. <_<

We are tentatively planning on being at the Micke Grove event by JerryW. I hope to see everyone out there!

I've been thinking ;) I know!

Texas Caching Regions put on a Texas Challenge every year. I hear so many great stories about them. There hasn't been one person that hasn't had a good time. Each year a different region hosts/plans/organizes. It's pretty cool. They will have coins and tshirts made up to sell. They have hunting teams where each region has a team of cachers that will go find the caches at the event. The organizers of the region can not tell their home team where those caches are. There are trophies for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. It's a big competition between the regions. There is a silent auction. There is Camp Little Cachers (I just made the name up) where people volunteer for the day (shifts of course) to have activities and crafts to keep all the little cachers busy so moms and dads don't have to worry about them. There is so much more.

Why not have California do a California Challenge? We would have to decide how to divide the state up and form a committee which I would be more than happy to be a part of. I think it would be a blast and definitely a worthwhile event. Is any one gamed? How can we spread the idea and get how our fellow Californian Cachers feel about the idea? I do not know how to insert hyperlinks into these forums so I just copied and pasted the event page and the forum from Houston.

Share your thoughts, suggestions, opinions so we can get the ball rolling for one next year!

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...b2-69d14b83670b

http://web.hgcs.org/forum/index.php?topic=5031.0

Thanks NASCAR FAM! I think it would be a huge hit. I say next year as this will be a huge undertaking just to get it off and running. However, I think we have enough great cachers in California and in each region that we could make this work. Not only make it work but be successful, fun, and memorable for everyone.

Thanks NASCAR FAM! I think it would be a huge hit. I say next year as this will be a huge undertaking just to get it off and running. However, I think we have enough great cachers in California and in each region that we could make this work. Not only make it work but be successful, fun, and memorable for everyone.

Great idea but my guess is that California has more cachers in one small area than Texas has in the entire state. That doesn't mean that we should not try it, but I think it should be more regional, at least for the first year.

There are several "already-formed" groups just in Northern California:

NUTS (Northstate Unusual Tresure Seeksers)

RCGDS (River City Geocaching and Dining Society)

CVC - Central Valley Cachers

MAC - Merced Area Cachers

Dry Creek Geocachers (Fresno and Madera)

GBA - Geocachers of the Bay Area

So - if we keep it local, these groups (and there are a couple more) could be the basis.

With so many cachers here, this event could easily turn into a huge event.

Since NUTS and RCGDS are sponsoring GW VI this year, I am sure they could provide lots of tips.

;)

Ok, The Hubby and I have checked into a park nearby for an event but it costs and well we're not about to throw down money right now for that. Our alternative idea was our backyard. However, that limits what we can do for the adults of the event. The kids we will have activities but I wanted to do a caching activity for the adults. I'd also like to get a feel for attendance. Will anyone be around the day before Easter, that is 3.22.08? Do you think cachers would think its strange to hold an event in another cacher's backyard? Any thougts, suggestions, and opinions would be appreciated. Especially since we're looking to list it in a day or two.

I wasn't around for it but I recall hearing of an event in someone's back yard before.... perhaps BOGA can confirm as it was here in CVC land.

Yep. That was my first Geogathering named CVC BBQ Part II back in 2002. It took me a little time to find it in my logs because back then we didn't have the 'Attended' option and so logged attending as a 'Find'. Funny thing about that gathering is that I don't recall anyone being there that is still caching. I'm not sure that I'm the exception either. :D And one of my friends referred to me as a muggle the other day and followed that up by saying he couldn't talk to me because he feared it could be contagous. :) I call it terminal busy but I doubt it can be passed.

BTW, I can't play on Easter Weekend. :D

NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!

I am trying to finish my cache page for the event we are hosting. However, I would like to add a background and do not know how. I'd also like to put the text in color and maybe some clip art. I need this explained to me in English please not techie. :huh:

THANKS!!!!

Ya. She did a great job - which I told her yesterday. It looks like the place to be. Maybe I need to put a leg down and see about going. :unsure: I still have a bunch of my caches I need to restore/replace/maintain, etc. I wonder if that will be a play-day for me? :D

Speaking of PLAY DAYS, I would like to tell you about my day today. Photom being the wonderful guy he is, put out a series of caches for one of our MAC family who has been having some priority issues of late and has not been doing much geo-caching. One day Photom & I were talking and we came up with the idea of an "intervention". So out goes Photom and plants all these caches and has them published so they would be available for the weekend, (the person in question happens to have a birthday on Sunday, so it worked out great). Now mind you the Master himself is in Winnemuka at a Photography thingy, but I am here and I make the calls and tell the birthday girl I'll be at her house ready to leave at 06:15AM! Not only is she ready, but her friend is there within minutes and off we go. Got first to find on all of them even though they were posted last night, (I expected someone may try to get to them before us, but I guess we left early enough to beat them). Not only that, but we had to have her back by 10:00 as the 2 were going to a school field trip at 11! So after we do the Intervention, we find a few more on the way back to her house. Then I go off and find a few more of the new local caches and call them to see what they are going to do now, and I am told, "We are in Modesto!" "What are you doing up there?", asks I. "We are GEOCACHING!" she squeals. Photom, I think the intervention worked!

By the way, if you have not checked out the Atwater/Merced area recently, we have some new folks that are producing some OUTSTANDING caches! You owe it to yourself to treat yourself to the MAC caches. Just reading the KIT series will have you rolling!

So what a great day I had! 2 really fun ladies to geocache with, several FTFs (and one of those dreaded 3 letter thingys, but I was all by myself on that one) and it was just a spectacularly beautiful day! Man it's great to live in California!

I am really liking this time of year. Next month there is yet another event in Lodi. Hopefully it will not rain this year. As I guess by the name it has for the past 2 years. This is a great park for the Kids. alot to do here. Look forward to seeing you all at these events. We are getting alot of new cachers in the area. Maybe we can get some of the old timers out for these events.

It is simple just stand on one foot while pating your forehead with your left hand and say " eenie hameenie shameenie.... Ali Baba Caraba" and it should do whatever you want ....... ohhh and you can only do this on the 1st Friday of the month so hurry!!!!! B)

Just reading these today...ROFL...too funny! :) I feel like I should've tried that. I was relentless in my quest to figure out HTML programming. I researched and got it. Did I mention I edited that page about 25 times before submitting it?!

I hope to see everyone there! DON'T FORGET chairs! I'm sorry but I don't have that much seating in my backyard. It will be nice and I am looking forward to it. I just hope everyone has a good time.

I am really liking this time of year. Next month there is yet another event in Lodi. Hopefully it will not rain this year. As I guess by the name it has for the past 2 years. This is a great park for the Kids. alot to do here. Look forward to seeing you all at these events. We are getting alot of new cachers in the area. Maybe we can get some of the old timers out for these events.

I believe we are attending that one in Micke Grove. I'm looking forward to it. Shall we convoy cache on the way up?

Has everyone lost interest in the Tag and this board? see you all on Saturday.

Things has gotten really quite (but that's partly because I haven't upset folks lately). B)

I hope to make it this weekend. I printed up a few Fizzy Micro-Logs onto Waterproof paper (just in time for the summer) and will make sure the first few folks that beg me, akem, ask me will get one. I also netted a few large micros that I'd like to see out. Maybe I'll put a couple up for a door prize. Heck, I may even go wild and maintain one or more of my caches. :)

Now... who's turn is it for tar and feathering?

Edited by Green Achers

Things has gotten really quite (but that's partly because I haven't upset folks lately). B)

I hope to make it this weekend. I printed up a few Fizzy Micro-Logs onto Waterproof paper (just in time for the summer) and will make sure the first few folks that beg me, akem, ask me will get one. I also netted a few large micros that I'd like to see out. Maybe I'll put a couple up for a door prize. Heck, I may even go wild and maintain one or more of my caches. :)

Not my turn!

Not my turn!

I hear you. You've been playing well with other. Of coarse, being a nice guy never protected anyone. B)

A question for the locals around Ripon, are there many ticks in the area. We will be at Caswell this summer as guest hosts and we just want to be prepared if there are.

Thanks in advance

AL

Yep! I assure you, there are. When my dog was stolen, shot and left to die in that area (on the other side of the river)... we found him with hundreds of ticks. - He's now safely home.

I'd guess the campground area is strayed but suggest you don't go rub through the brush (and check yourself if you do). I've been through Caswell a few times (got all the caches there a few years ago) and never gotten ticks.

Good to hear we'll have some Geo-Kin livin near this summer! :unsure:

Howdy CVC-ers.

Little Bigs & I have been out caching the last few days. Haven't been able to in awhile as she suffered a bad hip injury last summer right after she lost her dad. It was truly a sad time for all of us - then I had some surgery myself. Anyway - we are back at it. Ya-Hoo.

So today - we are out caching and there is a cache hider that is consistently off on his coords. Ranging from 30-60 feet. I am assuming after the first few; that this is being done purposeful to make the cache harder to find. Finally after 3 DNF's today and spending TONS of wasted time looking; we deleted all of his caches out of the GPS. It obviously was not fun for us to be searching in such a wide area for nano caches. Is this acceptable? I've talked to a few out of town cachers that are just as frustrated. Whatcha think?

Catmit:)

PS - Bill, I am so glad to read that you still have your dog. I think about what happened now and then and it just makes me sick to my stomach!

Howdy CVC-ers.

Little Bigs & I have been out caching the last few days. Haven't been able to in awhile as she suffered a bad hip injury last summer right after she lost her dad. It was truly a sad time for all of us - then I had some surgery myself. Anyway - we are back at it. Ya-Hoo.

So today - we are out caching and there is a cache hider that is consistently off on his coords. Ranging from 30-60 feet. I am assuming after the first few; that this is being done purposeful to make the cache harder to find. Finally after 3 DNF's today and spending TONS of wasted time looking; we deleted all of his caches out of the GPS. It obviously was not fun for us to be searching in such a wide area for nano caches. Is this acceptable? I've talked to a few out of town cachers that are just as frustrated. Whatcha think?

Catmit:)

PS - Bill, I am so glad to read that you still have your dog. I think about what happened now and then and it just makes me sick to my stomach!

Thanks. Glad to see your both out of the sick beds and back in the pursuit. I'm sure I'll see you at today's gathering (since I still have your FTF Prizes from how long ago)!!

As far as bad coordinates... That shouldn't bother a good cacher. :huh: Just kidding. I hope someone has talked to the person so they know what's going on. They could have a simple correction (like True North rather than Mag North) or need to slow down (Average longer). But if they don't have someone help them, they'll never know. If you don't want to offend them, let me know who they are (by private email) and I'll kindly help them. :huh:

I believe we are attending that one in Micke Grove. I'm looking forward to it. Shall we convoy cache on the way up?

WOWSERS!!!!!!!!! What a great event! You really know how to show folks a good time. Not only that but you were able to get some of the folks (like Sanruft, GreenAchers & $ATM$) to attend as well! great fun, good people talking about geo-caching, lots of food, what more could you ask for in an event? I really had a good time and thank you for hostess & hosting the event. I don't think anyone was disappointed and I for one am grateful for what you did!

WOWSERS!!!!!!!!! What a great event! You really know how to show folks a good time. Not only that but you were able to get some of the folks (like Sanruft, GreenAchers & $ATM$) to attend as well! great fun, good people talking about geo-caching, lots of food, what more could you ask for in an event? I really had a good time and thank you for hostess & hosting the event. I don't think anyone was disappointed and I for one am grateful for what you did!

And can you believe we were greeted by Doug in a wheel chair?! I knew it had been a long time since I've seen him... but thought ''He sure has gone down hill quickly''. :unsure: Turns out he was just test driving. :blink:

We had a great time. Way too much food (not complaining either). Fun conversations - as always. I just have one question now that I've been to an event and also found a cache... Am I still considered a fallen cacher (aka Muggle)?? :anibad:

No Matt would be considered a "Fallen" cacher. :unsure:

We had a great time. Way too much food (not complaining either). Fun conversations - as always. I just have one question now that I've been to an event and also found a cache... Am I still considered a fallen cacher (aka Muggle)?? :anibad:

No Matt would be considered a "Fallen" cacher. :D

We had a great time. Way too much food (not complaining either). Fun conversations - as always. I just have one question now that I've been to an event and also found a cache... Am I still considered a fallen cacher (aka Muggle)?? :blink:

Ya. I miss Fallen and was thinking of him after I wrote that. Speaking of missing old CVC founder... How's the farm doing over there? You and JaimeeG getting enough water from the storms? :) Caching much??

Yeah, it reallyh was a great time.

It was fun catching-up with you Doug. It was also nice seeing Tom, Bev and Pete, plus a gaggle of new friends. And a special thanks to Bill for calling me to let me know about the event. It may just get me started again!

Thanks again Kim and Judd...Superb job! My daughter had an awesome time.

I was just trying to plan some stuff out for this summer. Is there any dates yet or is there going to be the Mac campout thing this year? Our family would love to come. We had a blast at the sping fling. Nice to see everyone there. and see Sanrufts name on a log sheet when I got there the day after he did.

I took some friends out a week ago then on easter evening and they are hooked. They are going to buy a gps here soon. And with the new REI going in in Stockton I am sure there will be alot of new cachers in the area.

Remember the one in Lodi on the 12th of April. That should be alot of fun also. .

Happy Caching all. :anibad:;)