Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

I just returned from St. Petersburg, Russia........................

Russia?? Oh, yeah, sure! Does he offer any proof? Any "finds" listed or photos? I can't believe someone who has a PANIC ATTACK just coming to Merced could make it all the way to Russia!! What say you members of the jury?? :P

FINDS??? He didn't even take along a GPSr!! For that reason ALONE, I am positive he is guilty of SOMETHING! :P:(

But he did tell me that VODKA was cheaper than WATER - so maybe we do know what he was doing there. :(

Bill, Do you run that on your Treo?

Yep. I have an unlocked program on my PDA (Palm) and a locked program on my Treo 700p. ('Locked' limits the caches it will synch [upload] into it to something like 7 caches). It's a bit of a hassle to not have them both unlocked but I've been too lazy to toss $8 over to Brian. Besides, you can transfer all you queries (thats thousands of caches) onto any locked program if you do so from an unlocked program. It's a great way to get people introduced to paperless and hooked onto the program!

That said, I can quickly beam the program and then pocket queries to anyone I meet (like at a Gathering). It's better than 'Discovering' a Geocoin, if you ask me. :blink:

Well hello all.... I see some new names here... Welcome to all of them....... :wub:

Working as many hours as I do I haven't been here in quite a while.... :anicute:

Nice to catch up on the last 4 pages of stories this evening!!!!! :lol:

How is everyone doing??!!??!!??!!

Hey Camel!

Things are pretty much the same - except Bill found his #1000! MAC had an event this weekend (S A F A R I), partly to congratulate him, but he did not show up. The tribute cache "GOATS HEAD SOUP" has been found by less than 5 folks so far. That's no big deal though, because Bill won't be able to find it.

Rumor has it that Bill was not able to be there (at the event) because he met a sheep he really liked in Montana. I don't think that's true, he was probably worried about falling off the earth if he traveled this far south.

When will you start caching again?? :wub:

Well given it took me a while toe ven answer this!!! HAHA My son just lost his playoff game tonight for Football so my saturdays jsut freed up.... maybe I'll try to get a caching day in now before it gets too wet! -_-

Well if Camel has saturdays off now. Maybe we should do some kind of meet and greet thing here somwhere. like at a starbucks or something before people go out and cache for the day Due to ther are alot of new cachers in this area. Or should we wait till after the new year when things will quiet down for people? With Christmas shopping and stuff. Any thoughts on this? ....Greg

Well if Camel has saturdays off now. Maybe we should do some kind of meet and greet thing here somwhere. like at a starbucks or something before people go out and cache for the day Due to ther are alot of new cachers in this area. Or should we wait till after the new year when things will quiet down for people? With Christmas shopping and stuff. Any thoughts on this? ....Greg

Well, based upon the attendance at S A F A R I - which had more cachers from outside the CVC area than "locals" - I'd say it may be prudent to wait until after the Holidays.

But - Greg you make a very valid point - there are a lot of new folks in our area for sure. Then again, how many "ultra new" folks will receive a brand new GPSr from Santa?

Maybe an event after the Holidays, "What do I do with this thing??" would be in order!! :laughing::D

Man, was it raining hard from 12:30am until now.

It was raining and snowing in Tahoe, where we are getting a little well deserved play time til about 10am. After that it has been beautiful!

79e6433d-c8e5-4814-9038-7dfa59f8822b.jpg

8e08e43b-7709-476a-97f0-5e9501d79ba8.jpg

This might be a little random, but we are definitely having a great time up here!

Dennis

I'm always up for an event. Let me know if I could help in any way.

OFF TOPIC

The Hubby found a puppy this morning at the Escalon Gun Range on his way to work. He didn't realize it was a "dump job" until it was too late to get a plate #. He brought him home to me to take to a shelter. I'm relunctant due to it's a bad time of year for shelters. Not to mention, people often get dogs/puppies as presents then decide they can't handle them and either dump them or return them. This little guy appears to be a Border Collie. Or at least part of him is. He is such a good boy. He's in my garage and he hasn't cried once.

Most of you know I already have two dogs. I do not have the room for another one. So please, if you are at all in the market to make a committment to a cutie, let me know. My # is 209-338-7663.

~Wolf Grrl

I'm always up for an event. Let me know if I could help in any way.

OFF TOPIC

The Hubby found a puppy this morning at the Escalon Gun Range on his way to work. He didn't realize it was a "dump job" until it was too late to get a plate #. He brought him home to me to take to a shelter. I'm relunctant due to it's a bad time of year for shelters. Not to mention, people often get dogs/puppies as presents then decide they can't handle them and either dump them or return them. This little guy appears to be a Border Collie. Or at least part of him is. He is such a good boy. He's in my garage and he hasn't cried once.

Most of you know I already have two dogs. I do not have the room for another one. So please, if you are at all in the market to make a committment to a cutie, let me know. My # is 209-338-7663.

~Wolf Grrl

Wolf Grrl,

Well you could give him to me I'm dieing for a puppy. ;)

From,

Super Grrl

Edited by Wolf Grrl

Wolf Grrl,

Well you could give him to me I'm dieing for a puppy. :ph34r:

From,

Super Grrl

<_< Someone's got someone else's Login information. :ph34r:

Or could it be the 'super vision' that Super Grrl possesses?!

We once took in a reject dog - with a major case of separation syndrome. It took us about two or three months to balance the little scally-wag out and he because one of the greatest dogs. The only problem was that our hound ended up with an increasing domination problem and so did the saved dog. Fighting became frequent between them so we gave him away. Being a single Alpha dog has made him a perfect pooch and the new owner keeps thanking us for such a Super Gawg.

[back on Topic]

I think I'll go fix some of my caches. :cool:

Wolf Grrl,

I sure hope you are successful in finding a new home for the puppy. Believe me, we're dog savers/finders/rescuers, so we understand. We even had to take two wanderers back to their house when we were caching the other day! We already have two found/rescued grrls so we can't take him, but wish you much luck and thank you for saving him!!

Edited by 2 for the road

I went for the new cache in Ripon...Little Hawaii

I went there expecting a cache and instead I found this... 444719_200.jpg

Ok, it's a multi cache I thought. So I spend some time in Ripon, ask some locals where California Street is, and then start looking for the bottle with the key. No luck.

I came home a logged a note and emailed green achers because I had to change how the card was mounted. And guess what... That had nothing to do witht he cache. I have no idea why the card is there.

george

Remember: Half the people you meet are below average.

;) LOL. This remains a CVC mystery. I placed a Traditional Cache (Little Hawaii) in this Ripon Park. Shortly after, George goes after it and finds this note (which had nothing to do with Geocaching). I now think it was a Letterbox but who knows. Very strange. :D

Edited by Green Achers

;) Too funny!

I just wanted to let ya'll know that Skeet (we named him that since he was found at the Skeet range) has found a new loving home with a co-worker of The Hubby.

Oh, Super Grrl is my daughter who finally wanted to become an official cacher. She is really enjoying it now.

I hope everyone has a safe and restful holiday!

~Wolf Grrl

THe CVC tag has been sitting in Tracy for a while now. I bring up to Manteca and withen Hours The two from the end of the earth come and take it back there. It may never be the same agian. Which it probably will not be.

And just who told you that 2 for the road was taking him/her there? Heck, the next destination may be Boston - or Budapest.

But, I did hear him (CVC Tag) talking about needing to go back where he would need lemon and salt. At the time he was chatting in a bit of an unusual accent. What have the northerners does to him?

Oh, yeah - I was just driving the getaway car at the time. :ph34r:

THe CVC tag has been sitting in Tracy for a while now. I bring up to Manteca and withen Hours The two from the end of the earth come and take it back there. It may never be the same agian. Which it probably will not be.

And just who told you that 2 for the road was taking him/her there? Heck, the next destination may be Boston - or Budapest.

But, I did hear him (CVC Tag) talking about needing to go back where he would need lemon and salt. At the time he was chatting in a bit of an unusual accent. What have the northerners does to him?

Oh, yeah - I was just driving the getaway car at the time. :ph34r:

In his current state he does not stand for long time well. Mainly after a few of those drinks he gets a little tippy. She (tag) said nothing to me about waning to go south. She did tell me he wanted to stay close to home and put me somewhere the southerners would hopefully not look.

Oh, yeah - I was just driving the getaway car at the time. :laughing:

In his current state he does not stand for long time well. Mainly after a few of those drinks he gets a little tippy. She (tag) said nothing to me about waning to go south. She did tell me he

wanted to stay close to home and put me somewhere the southerners would hopefully not look.

Oh, my. So Photom thinks a 'Get away driver' is not part of the crime (should one have been committed)? I think he may need to learn the law (or prepare for the price of being a criminal). :ph34r:

BTW, Why does everyone have so much trouble in CVC Tag's gender? Do I need to remind everyone about her babies at the Geogathering? :anicute:

That event sounds like fun. I wish I could go.

How is everyone? Haven't seen too much cachin' from our CVC's.

I received an award last weekend from the Houston Geocaching Society for the "Funniest Log" on Gardens by the Bayou cache. My sister Dyfen accepted it for me and sent it to me. She had several cachers with her in the car and I made my acceptance speech via speaker phone. It was pretty funny.

I was wondering when we were having our next event? Did we decide it would happen after the holidays?

Oh, I have this traveling cache. It's one of the one's that was grandfathered in. It's a post card cache. I need to place it, it's pretty big though. Is anyone traveling soon to where I can place it and you can go get it? Or I can even meet up with someone and hand it off? Just let me know.

I hope everyone has a very happy and safe holiday.

~Wolf Grrl

I was looking at trying to do something like Radikel did in meced a few months back. Like a pizza meet and greet thing. I am going to talk to a couple of managers in the next few days. I was thinking about saturday the january 5 or the 12. or would a early morning thing be good before people go caching?

I was looking at trying to do something like Radikel did in meced a few months back. Like a pizza meet and greet thing. I am going to talk to a couple of managers in the next few days. I was thinking about saturday the january 5 or the 12. or would a early morning thing be good before people go caching?

I think that kind of event is both relatively easy to arrange and attend. I had a great turn out at my event this summer and everyone really seemed to enjoy it. If you have it in the morning, you are right, people can cache afterward and be home maybe before it gets too dark or cold. What area are you thinking of having it in?

I'm with Greg on that one. Ron's a master and that was not what I was expecting. I recall at least two trips to find it. :D Too bad Ron stopped caching. He's still hiking around but I think he only visits his caches (and maintains them).

---

Speaking of a master, Photom sure has been quite lately. I wonder what kinds of Geo-tests he's been up to? :D

Blue Christmas

Edited by Green Achers

I'm with Greg on that one. Ron's a master and that was not what I was expecting. I recall at least two trips to find it. :( Too bad Ron stopped caching. He's still hiking around but I think he only visits his caches (and maintains them).

---

Speaking of a master, Photom sure has been quite lately. I wonder what kinds of Geo-tests he's been up to? :D

Blue Christmas

Huh? Well, guess I have been quite quiet on the forums. But then again, so has everyone else! We in MAC actually had an un-published mini-event TONIGHT. We were thrilled to see Mr 2-for playing the role of "Old Deuteronomy" in the play "Cats." He sure was shocked to see some cachers in the audience!!

059a3a6b-4b72-4383-8394-46b12f794ca3.jpg

I've also been quite quiet because I'm planning (or is it plotting) some new hides. It seems as though TWO (yes 2) MAC cachers went over 3,000 finds last weekend. So, stay tuned, there may be a new cache or two pop up soon..... :D:D

If any of you want a tough one that I spent way to many hours looking for after work. Check out "Gung Hay Fat Choy" by Ron Streeter. Is there a cvc must do cache list? It is prob on there already I am sure if there is.

yeah Ron was the MAN!!!! we sure miss his caches and style!!!!! Maybe he will make a come back some day???

Drats... we missed him. He's already been here for three weeks and returned home.

All I can blame is my computer (which crashed a month ago). Lucky for me (being GOOD all year long too), Santa is bringing me... well, just brought me a non-broken computer. :rolleyes: Now I'm hoping for 'Free Time' to go caching. I did mention that I've been good all year. Right?!

I wonder what the other cachers are getting for Christmas?? :)

I hope everyone had a Happy Holiday!

I got an early present...a new JEEP. I did receive a car charger and windshield holder for my GPS. That comes in handy in the new JEEP. Super Grrl wanted a white Christmas so we took her to Strawberry to Sno Play. We even grabbed 2 caches on the way back.

We cached a little yesterday. It was so darn cold! We may go out today as well.

I hope you all have a safe and Happy New Year!