Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

Seems like we have a rather bad muggle problem in the Merced-Atwater area. JPD's "Outrageous Fortunes!" not only disappeared, but also the whole structure to which it was (is?) attached. Could this be an innocent muggling or is it be a personal issue related to the problems he has in the Millerton Lake area? ;)

aea5b89e-309c-4255-8bc4-c85280af4b46.jpg

Jpd,

Did you happen to see a new possible cache location on the other side of the freeway. ;)

I did, but the only reason I put the one where it was, was because of the Palmer Reader sign across the street.

:cry:

ALERT ALERT

For those of you (if any) who may want to plan a congratulations to BOGA cache for his milestone of 1,000 caches, it's time to start thinking about it!

He now has 992 finds, so - at his current find rate he will hit 1,000 sometime next February! :(:D

Start the celibrations... I need to catch up on my logs but I'm there (several months early too). LOL

And the cache that I found for 1000... It was a puzzle cache... that I solved 4 years and 8 months ago... and since solving it, there have been 4 other logs filed (1 a DNF, 2 where Find Logs and then one Note).

Log to follow. (Drum roll)

Hmm. BOGA posted this note on August 9th, two full weeks ago. I just checked his stats and find that he now has 997 finds. I guess electrons are slow on a farm, huh?

But, betting on the come, there will be a special cache in *BOGA's *honor (for 1000) at a MAC event to be held on October 27th. It will be an unusual cache that has at least one puzzle and perhaps some other fun things. :o

-------------------------------------

* I know, seeing "BOGA" and "honor" in the same sentence is a bit unusual, isn't it?

I don't know what you're talking about Tom. My number of finds, while not that impressive when compared to time, is at 1k (unless you've been messing with my logs). LOL

Interesting that I learned I was wrong (shock) about the number of visitors to that Nevada Puzzle between my solve and find dates. Turns out CacheMate retained my log that claimed the solve and then added the latest 5 logs to it when I updated the PQ. The reality is that many cacher have been successful at finding that cache over the years.

Hi All...

I hope everyone is doing well.

I was out of town during the last event in Merced and really wanted to go and see everyone. We are hoping to make it to the upcoming one.

We have been thinking of heading out to do a few caches, but never seem to find enough time. (Maybe we will even try and find Tag one of these days should time allow for it!)

Anyway, I hope the summer was great for everyone! Good to see Tom, Doug and Bill still needling each other! (It's fun reading!)

Also good to see Kim active out there.

Hope to run into you guys at a cache sometime...And soon!

Cheers!

Hi all,

I saw Sanruft's note. It was nice to know you still are around Sanruft! Yeah, I'm still active around here. I had a long lull then had a few good caching days and now a lull again. My car was in the shop which slowed me down BIG time! We've been working really hard in the backyard. I want it done in time for The Hubby's 40th Birthday Bash. However, I told him it was for my candle party...I fibbed. It's getting done though. We're doing the work ourselves so it takes a lot of time. Not to mention I started school again. Also, I have a family member dying and that is taxing my emotional energy as I am on the phone with my sister daily. It's all good, I cry but my 9 year old niece who is about to lose her daddy says "it's not time to cry yet."

While doing back-breaking work in the yard I met new geocachers. I heard someone at Welcome Home and thought I'd surprise them. They are fairly new to the sport. Very nice couple, they are E.C. n Joy . I had a nice chat with them. I did brag about all you CV cachers, so don't turn me into a liar, got it! :) Once things slow down again hopefully by November...I can start caching again on a regular basis.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Take care,

Wolf Grrl

While doing back-breaking work in the yard I met new geocachers. I heard someone at Welcome Home and thought I'd surprise them. They are fairly new to the sport. Very nice couple, they are E.C. n Joy . I had a nice chat with them. I did brag about all you CV cachers, so don't turn me into a liar, got it! :D Once things slow down again hopefully by November...I can start caching again on a regular basis.

I wanta go caching!!! Whaaa. Too busy to play. Perhaps when the rains start. I think I may lose a couple of my caches before then as I've been given notice.

Sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. We'll keep your family in pray.

Anyway, When does Judd turn 40 (the obvious milestone for over the hill)?

And WHO'S GOING to the SAFARI?? Better be a bunch of cachers with lots of pictures and stories told. I really want to go but can't. Whaaaa.

Hello all. It's been a while since I not only posted here but a while since I was able to geocache. Now that things have changed at home I will be doing more of both Hopefully. Anybody know what happened to the gold country cachers forum? Are we incorporated into the CVC now? Go away for a year and all these new caches poped up in my area. I've got alot of work to get caught up. Any really fun caches in the area anyone would recommend for a tired man and his rambuncious 2 (yes 2 now) monsters?

Thanks for any and all help.

Peace!

Great to hear from you Wildlifeguy! A lot of us have slowed way down in our caching, even Bill! So Bug has a sibling?

Yes we have a boy and he is now 2.5 years old. Old enough that I don't have to carry them. I have the school year off so I now have the time to look for and maintain caches.

Peace!

Just heard some shocking and suspicious news about one of MAC's close friends to the South. :laughing: Check out The Death of Bushgo

This comes so soon after being seen alive and well at "Extra Cheese, Please" and right on the tail of The Legend of Bushgo Continues.

Looking at the list of finders, I am sure something is amiss here! We are heading south tomorrow to investigate. Full report to follow. :)

I travel a lot for my job. I had never encountered anything quite like I did this weekend...

I was flying from Sacramento to Detroit, switching planes in Denver. On the Denver to Detroit flight, everything seemed to be ok until we landed, when the attended came on the speaker and (quite firmly) stated, "You MUST remain in your seats with your seatbelts fashioned...So not undo your seatbelt until the captain has given the ok". They always give you this reminder but this time they meant it.

Anyway, as soon as the doors opened, about 7 police officers stormed the plane, immediately went to an overhead compartment, grabbed a bag and then grabbed a man out of his seat and took him off the plane.

As we were all leaving the plane, we could see the man in the corner with about 18 police officers and two guys in business suits interrogating him. We asked each other if anyone saw anything unusual, but none of us had.

So, when waiting to come back home, I decided to ask the gate agent about the incident...He said "I know, I was here at that time". I asked what happened and he said he couldn't tell me but apologized for the inconvenience. I told him that I understand, but it was not something that I have ever encountered on a flight. He then elaborated and said "What I can tell you is that an Arab man locked himself in the front bathroom for the majority of the flight, and refused to come out even after being ordered to." He also said that "I can also tell you that this particular plane, when it left Detroit again, was the safest plane imn America as it had been searched from top to bottom". He said there was more to the story but he could not give me any more details. The man, from what I hear was arrested.

We did not witness any scuffle or anything odd when on the plane...So this took most of us by surprise. Thinking back, the only indication that something may be wrong was that there were about three people waiting around the forward lavatory when the flight attended came on the overhead and stated (Again, very firmly), that "there must NOT be anyone waiting near the front lavatory. So please take your seats or use the lavatory in the rear of the plane". Again, I have heard that warning before but never in the voice projected...It made me look up from my book and usually I am oblivious to those types of announcements.

There has been no stories on it and I have asked several people about it. If anyone finds any related stories to this flight I would love to know about them. The flight was Frontier Airlines flight 623 on Sunday, October 7th.

Just thought I would share this most unusual flight experience.

So, how was YOUR weekend? (I would rather be caching!!)

That's a wopper, Tim. They must have mistaken him for Photom! :D Come to think of it, I haven't heard from him ever since that guy on the plane was arrested. :laughing:

As far as the camping Park Bum, I'm not sure he'd have that much luck - but who knows. Who ever it was is a better hunter than I. :anitongue:

Edited by Green Achers

Bill, I'm just bugging you........don't get so sad. :D

However, we did invent a term tonight at our MAC meeting for caches that get muggled........we now say it was BOGAed!! :D

Yeah - we had our final planning meeting for S A F A R I tonight (well actually our ONLY planning meeting.)

S A F A R I is coming together very nicely. There will be good food, several new caches, great personal and close up views of the animals and a new event game.

Since BOGA can't be there, we will have a contest on who has the best "BOGA STORY."

I think there may be a prize associated with the winner - a free pass to take CVC Tag anywhere you want!! :D:D

Unless you spend ALL of your time caching, you've heard that GeoWoodstock VI will be in Wheatland, California, just north of Sacramento, on Saturday, May 24, 2008. In order to make this the biggest and best GeoWoodstock ever, we're asking for help from our geo-neighbors. We're looking for sponsors, sponsor contacts, geo-swag vendors, donations for the silent auction, raffle, registration bags, etc. Contact GWVIsponsors@gmail.com if you can help us out here.

We're also going to need many volunteers. It's a great way to meet people, so if you have special skills we can use now or are willing to give us a couple hours of your time on the day of the event, please contact us at website below.

You can register for this monumental event, volunteer, or get more information (like what the heck is a GeoWoodstock), at GeoWoodstockVI.com.

thanks,

Debby and Bill

Fund-raising Committee

Well hello all.... I see some new names here... Welcome to all of them....... :)

Working as many hours as I do I haven't been here in quite a while.... :)

Nice to catch up on the last 4 pages of stories this evening!!!!! :)

How is everyone doing??!!??!!??!!

Edited by Camel680

Well hello all.... I see some new names here... Welcome to all of them....... :)

Working as many hours as I do I haven't been here in quite a while.... :D

Nice to catch up on the last 4 pages of stories this evening!!!!! :)

How is everyone doing??!!??!!??!!

Hey Camel!

Things are pretty much the same - except Bill found his #1000! MAC had an event this weekend (S A F A R I), partly to congratulate him, but he did not show up. The tribute cache "GOATS HEAD SOUP" has been found by less than 5 folks so far. That's no big deal though, because Bill won't be able to find it.

Rumor has it that Bill was not able to be there (at the event) because he met a sheep he really liked in Montana. I don't think that's true, he was probably worried about falling off the earth if he traveled this far south.

When will you start caching again?? :)

Hi all,

I didn't get to SAFARI as I didn't want to miss my daughter's soccer game. However, I had visitors from Texas and we did manage to cache quite a bit. That included the caches near the event. Which we ran into 2 for the road, and Radikel. I must say it was a total pleasure meeting them. They are so nice!

Some of you know that I don't cruise the gba.net forums much due to the nastiness, judgements, and rudeness in the forums. I like this one as all of you are so nice. I frequent the Houston Geocaching Society forums. I've met quite a few cachers from there when I vacationed there to visit my sister. Those are some of the nicest cachers I've ever met. I had a blast caching with them and meeting them. They allow me to be a member of their forums. It's a friendly forum! That being said, I have made Featured Cacher of the Month in Houston. :rolleyes: It's never happened before, an out-of-stater nomination. I received the most nominations therefore I will be the featured cacher for November. :huh: I just wanted to share that with you all.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

~Wolf Grrl

Hip Hip Horray! Hip Hip Horray! Hip Hip Horray!!

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! ! ! :rolleyes::D

Hi all,

I didn't get to SAFARI as I didn't want to miss my daughter's soccer game. However, I had visitors from Texas and we did manage to cache quite a bit. That included the caches near the event. Which we ran into 2 for the road, and Radikel. I must say it was a total pleasure meeting them. They are so nice!

Some of you know that I don't cruise the gba.net forums much due to the nastiness, judgements, and rudeness in the forums. I like this one as all of you are so nice. I frequent the Houston Geocaching Society forums. I've met quite a few cachers from there when I vacationed there to visit my sister. Those are some of the nicest cachers I've ever met. I had a blast caching with them and meeting them. They allow me to be a member of their forums. It's a friendly forum! That being said, I have made Featured Cacher of the Month in Houston. :D It's never happened before, an out-of-stater nomination. I received the most nominations therefore I will be the featured cacher for November. :huh: I just wanted to share that with you all.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

~Wolf Grrl

Photom I wanted to thank you for putting on a great event and everyone else that helped and for Karen's Cupcakes my son and neice loved them. Always enjoy comming up to your events there. only two I have been to have been down there. haha. I am hoping to try to do a pizza thing here in manteca soon. We are seeming to get some new cachers here in the area. Thanks agian for all you and everyone does for this sport.

Sheep? Montana?? Well, I was over never Montana yesterday briefly as well as Ripon, Wisconsin and Ripon, England. I just returned from St. Petersburg, Russia which is why I was not able to attend the gathering.

It was so kind of MAC (Photom and cohorts) to honor my rather slow arrival at 1000 finds. I did let Tom know from the git go that I would not be able to attend. I'm sure it was a fun time but I wonder how many people thought I'd show up.

Hey Wolf. I took this picture for you. It was taken in a restaurant named, Luck Shot (referring to hunting, not drinking... even though the menu included a dozen pages of drinks). It was good food but they were out of bear and didn't offer wolf. But this at the entrance sure makes you hungry.

82c1cbab-4b41-4634-a75d-6ac665e0e37f.jpg

Sheep? Montana?? Well, I was over never Montana yesterday briefly as well as Ripon, Wisconsin and Ripon, England. I just returned from St. Petersburg, Russia which is why I was not able to attend the gathering.

It was so kind of MAC (Photom and cohorts) to honor my rather slow arrival at 1000 finds. I did let Tom know from the git go that I would not be able to attend. I'm sure it was a fun time but I wonder how many people thought I'd show up.

Hey Wolf. I took this picture for you. It was taken in a restaurant named, Luck Shot (referring to hunting, not drinking... even though the menu included a dozen pages of drinks). It was good food but they were out of bear and didn't offer wolf. But this at the entrance sure makes you hungry.

82c1cbab-4b41-4634-a75d-6ac665e0e37f.jpg

Thanks BOGA! That is a cool pic. I'm glad you made it back safe. I'm sure you had a great time. Any caching? :)