Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

JPD43 and I are going on a trip! A caching trip!

We leave tomorrow on a 4000-mile drive to EVERY STATE west of the Mississippi. We plan to find at least one cache in every state, take some pictures, listen to some books on CD, do some hiking, and maybe even take a shower now and then.

Although we will have laptops along, we may not be on the forums that much as not too many campgrounds have Wi-Fi! We may stop at a Starbucks now and then however.

Unfortunately, we won't have time to grab CVC Tag to take along. Besides, I asked BOGA if Tag could go and he said no. (And that's a bit odd since BOGA took him/her to Nevada recently.)

We will check in when we can and for sure when we get home. :)

Safe travels to you and Doug! Have a great time!

Thanks for the suggestions. I have already done Wait Until Dark. In fact I did both night time caches in the Bay Area before I moved. They were both fun and adventurous. If you haven't done them I highly recommend them. I will have to check out the others you mentioned.

Have a fun and safe trip!

What city around here is good for night caching? My nephew is here and he said he would go out at night with me to grab caches. My daughter doesn't care for caching so I don't go when it's just the two of us.

What city around here is good for night caching? My nephew is here and he said he would go out at night with me to grab caches. My daughter doesn't care for caching so I don't go when it's just the two of us.

That's a tough assignment. Unfortunately there's not many night-time caches around. I do have one: My night cache.

But, if you want to drive, there are some neat ones in the Montery area. "Down the Rabbit Hole" and Illuminati" are two that I remember. Good luck. :D

Edited by Photom

Thanks! I will have to go for yours. Actually what I meant is a city close by that I can go caching at night. I use to do that quite a bit in the Bay Area. I do have rules for myself; don't go down paths, don't go into parks; etc... It's a time I can go since my daughter and hubby don't cache. Now that my nephew is visiting for a week, it's a perfect time. It also helps me get closer to my milestones rather quickly.

Black Box is one of my favorites but few of our ladies have been able to complete it. (Hard puzzle I'm guessing.) :laughing:

Unfortunately, we won't have time to grab CVC Tag to take along. Besides, I asked BOGA if Tag could go and he said no. (And that's a bit odd since BOGA took him/her to Nevada recently.)

I always so no. But does anyone listen to me?? :blink: Anyway, I stopped by to check Tag and all I can say is if someone found it, they better log quickly. Tomorrow I'm going to 'check it again' and it will be placed there after. :laughing:

Black Box is one of my favorites but few of our ladies have been able to complete it. (Hard puzzle I'm guessing.) :lol:

I always so no. But does anyone listen to me?? :lol: Anyway, I stopped by to check Tag and all I can say is if someone found it, they better log quickly. Tomorrow I'm going to 'check it again' and it will be placed there after. :lol:

Ok Bill we are in Ripon...lol.....Wheres the TAG... No Log yet! hummmmm..........

Does anyone know what happened to the My First!!! geocaching.com cache entry on the Manteca bike trail? The macfamily6 crew DNF'd on it and I was hoping to get back to it, but I can't seem to find the cache entry anywhere on geocaching.com, not even as an archived or disabled cache. The last couple of logs mentioned that a fence had been erected around the cache site, but it had not yet been locked.

So what's the scoop on this one? I really wanted to have another crack at it.

Mike of macfamily6

Edited by macfamily6

We are looking for some help/info?? we are looking into starting a geo coin collection and want to know wheres the best place to buy from or is there one? Also do any of local or close by cachers have coins for sale? any feed back would be great....thank you! :rolleyes:

I suggest you visit every Geogathering available. Especially in the computer city where they have Geo-coin Gatherings. You can overpay for coins on eBay which will make you a 'winner.' There are also trader web sites that keep you informed to the newest coins and links to purchase them. Just be careful of cheep quality, large quantity and/or meaningless 'Geocoins' as some people have made this their business.

This topic should be continued on a Geocoin thread unless it relates to the few CVC personal coins. :-)

I love Yosemite and enjoyed the summer I lived there. What I don't like about Yosemite is that darn valley. Too many people, cars, rangers, noise, radios, etc. For those of you that think Yosemite is that mess... you're right and keep going there. B) You can find me near Tuolumme Meadows or hiking around the rim of the valley (unless I'm getting this virtual). B)

Here's a DNF picture from the Tipping Point.

e04fab16-b907-4b2c-995b-6f79b1a98bba.jpg

Bill Regarding your Yosemite posting I lived in Yosemite from 84-97

Have fun guys!

Also be safe and try to get back in time for pizza! <_<

We are having a blast so far! 13 states down with only 4 more to go.

Tonight we are in Montana with 35 mph winds and wearing down jackets! :laughing:<_<

Only one small mishap - a flat tire (on a road we probably should have skipped... but it was .6 miles to the cache!) :laughing::laughing:

YES - save our seats at Mountain Mikes! Will BOGA make his way down?? CVC Tag?? (Or does CVC Tag even exist anymore?)

Hello all from Missouri. I haven't had much time for caching as my business is getting busier. Jaimee hasn't been caching in years. She has started the Nurse practioners program. She won't be caching for years either. Have fun all. Good to see Randy and Tammy back, maybe they can get my travel bugs out moving again. :P

Have fun guys!

Also be safe and try to get back in time for pizza! :P

We are having a blast so far! 13 states down with only 4 more to go.

Tonight we are in Montana with 35 mph winds and wearing down jackets! :D:D

Only one small mishap - a flat tire (on a road we probably should have skipped... but it was .6 miles to the cache!) :D:D

YES - save our seats at Mountain Mikes! Will BOGA make his way down?? CVC Tag?? (Or does CVC Tag even exist anymore?)

CVC Tag still exists I put it back out Sunday night. And as of this morning it is still sitting there lonely waiting to find a new home.

YES - save our seats at Mountain Mikes! Will BOGA make his way down??

Rest assured, guys, your seats are reserved and there is room enough for any other cachers who want to join us at Extra Cheese, Please!. It will be great to see all the regulars, and also to meet all the new cachers who have RSVP'd so far. :D

Edited by Radikel

Very scary to think about going so far South. Don't people fall off the earth when they travel that far?? :blink:

Very scary to think about going so far South. Don't people fall off the earth when they travel that far?? :blink:

Very scary to think about going so far South. Don't people fall off the earth when they travel that far?? :o

Looks like the very thought triggers intense dread and real trauma manifested by uncontrolled repetative finger movement. :laughing: Hmmm.... wonder if I could suggest any therapy.

Edited by CentralCArn

we are getting close to 1000 finds and wanted to ask all of you.......have you seen any good ones out there worth being find #1000? have to say getin tired of the same old micro finds..lol....

Close?! How close are you? ^_^

934 and hoping to hit 1000 on Sunday! 66 in one day...hummmmm our best has been 48! Yuba City here we come...lol...

we are getting close to 1000 finds and wanted to ask all of you.......have you seen any good ones out there worth being find #1000? have to say getin tired of the same old micro finds..lol....

Close?! How close are you? ^_^

934 and hoping to hit 1000 on Sunday! 66 in one day...hummmmm our best has been 48! Yuba City here we come...lol...

Too bad you don't have 989 like me or you'd only need 11 more. :)

Keep me posted about that millennium find. It would be fun to reach it together! :D

Hello all from Missouri. I haven't had much time for caching as my business is getting busier. Jaimee hasn't been caching in years. She has started the Nurse practioners program. She won't be caching for years either. Have fun all. Good to see Randy and Tammy back, maybe they can get my travel bugs out moving again. :)

I still owe you a letter with one of CVC Tag's babies. It would be best to deliver it but I don't even have time to mail it. I guess I better get my act together. (Please email your address - again). ^_^

Guess what, I'm going to find a few caches this week.

george

CLUNCK - Can someone help me get up from the floor?!! :D

Welcome back George! Perhaps you'd be interested in CVC Tag!!! (seeing how it's your cache ^_^ ) Gee it's good to see old friends coming back around. :)

I don't know if I'm "back", the wife and kids and I are going camping up the coast this week. From Bodega Bay up toward Fort Brag. So I downloaded a bunch of cache cords and since I can look up caches on my cell phone I'm going to hit a few if there are some in the area.

I had to dust off my old GPS.. I don't even have a cable to upload the cords so I have to it all by hand. I hope I remember how to use the thing.

I don't expect to find too many but I'll have the coast, some cords, my gps and time.

Hell, I don't even know anyone in here any more.

I wondered about the TAG cache..... lol. It's been a long time.

And look, you're almost to 1000 caches.

Well, I'm off to bed and I'll be up early to get going.

george

Edited by georgeandmary

I wondered about the TAG cache..... lol. It's been a long time.

And look, you're almost to 1000 caches.

Well, I'm off to bed and I'll be up early to get going.

george

Tag is doing well but her reputation has been trampled while in the care of certain Southern cachers (some of which are gallyvanting around Western US right now and otherwise unable to defend themselves from the accusations and byproducts of their wilds). :huh: Her colorful brood where born and adoptions had to take place during our CVC Gathering on the Murder Mystery Dinner Train. Many babies - fathered in many countries - are now placed and all because of the cache that you created, CVC Tag!!!

On another note George, you've been away for how long? About two years? I recall you where number one in California and one of the top ten in the world when you stopped caching. Well, it's taken me all this time to almost catch the number of finds that you have and I still don't rank in the top 500 in California! Team Alamo has maintained the top hound with well over 22 THOUSAND finds. Sickness! I'll never be a good numbers cacher. That's why I have to stir things up. It gives me a reputation, but at least people know me! :D:tired:

:rolleyes: Did everyone see the forum posting that I created about NASA Goes Geocaching? It's good stuff. :unsure:

Bill was there supose to be video there or is it just all talking I am getting no picture just 24 minutes of talking. Maybe I dont have something set up right. Greg

Yep. It's a video with picture and sound. You may not have the current version or who knows. If you can listen, that's better than only seeing! :rolleyes: If you can listen to this, you'll understand more about natural GPSr errors.

Well, I found a few this last week along the northern coast. It'll take me a few to log them and it looks like I have to find one more.

I picked up a bug and I have to find a good spot for it.

It's instructions are to head east, I'll find a local one in the next few days and send it on its way.

george

Speaking of the CVC Tag wouldnt be apropriate for George to find his one more fining his CVC Tag?

Hmm. Good idea. I have seen a few caches where the owner logged a find on his own hide.

Our trip (JPD43 and me) is over. We found 301 caches in the 17 western-most states over a 13 day period. We were a bit worried about North Dakota as there were only a couple in the far southwest corner, but we did find two there. The trip was a blast, all 4,600 miles! For campers, it is amazing how many campgrounds have great wireless internet! We were able to log our finds and check email almost every night

edaff109-2cc2-4dd0-9a89-9c400106adbe.jpg

Mount Rushmore at night.

Maybe George could find Extra Cheese, Please. I sure hope so!! :(:ph34r:

Edited by Photom

Bug bit me? I don't know.. it was alright. I was out camping and I'm so tech dependent, playing with an old gps was the only tech interaction I had.

I need to find a cache where I can drop a travel but.... Tag is too small for that. I still have some traveling to do this summer so I'll hit a few here and there when I'm in a new area.

If you know of a good local one to find that will take a travel bug then I'm open for suggestions.

george

Bug bit me? I don't know.. it was alright. I was out camping and I'm so tech dependent, playing with an old gps was the only tech interaction I had.

I need to find a cache where I can drop a travel but.... Tag is too small for that. I still have some traveling to do this summer so I'll hit a few here and there when I'm in a new area.

If you know of a good local one to find that will take a travel bug then I'm open for suggestions.

george

George, This one is right off of of 120 and large cache for Travel bugs

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...c5-5b65456ca7f9

It is called "120 dont stay to long" Happy Caching