Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

I hope everyone had a Great weekend. I placed my first cache yesterday in Manteca. a couple have already found it. I hope I did a good job on my first one. Check it out GC13BAM is the thing for it and it is called Woodbridge Falls... Happy Caching, Greg

Edited by Nascar Fam

I hope everyone had a Great weekend. I placed my first cache yesterday in Manteca. a couple have already found it. I hope I did a good job on my first one. Check it out GC13BAM is the thing for it and it is called Woodbridge Falls... Happy Caching, Greg

That's near the farm that we got some llama's from. I'll have to make sure to hunt this (when time allows).

Thanks, Greg! :)

That's near the farm that we got some llama's from. I'll have to make sure to hunt this (when time allows).

Thanks, Greg! :)

(when time allows) <---------- Uhhh, that would equate to about 2012 - in the summer. :):(

FYI Valley cachers - if you're headed over to the coast this weekend, there's to be a couple of events at Atascadero Lake Park this Sunday, June 10th - GC1397K and GC13983

A Flash Mob Event - only 15 minutes - begins at 11 a.m.

A traditional potluck gathering (Post Flash Mob Event) shortly thereafter at the other side of the park.

"Low Income Housing" got broken into today! :D

I noticed a can of cranberries, half eaten, with a plastic spoon at the base of the tree.

No note was left, but I can't help thinking that it was the work of that Evil-Doer-Who-Will-Remain-Nameless.

Has anyone heard from him lately? Or do you think it's just a coincidence?

This was a subscriber-cache, with no coins or TBs in it (that I know of).

-Cooties!

Now there's almost no way you'd be able to drag me as far South as CVC Tag was!!! With my luck, I'd be tapping on all the drums to see which one has Tag in it! :rolleyes:

mrstrix found CVC Tag!!! (Unknown Cache) at 6/11/2007

Log Date: 6/11/2007

Yesterday morning I made another attempt at grabbing the cache but was shooed away by an overzealous security guard. Apparently there was was some temporary HAZMAT storage nearby and I was told that "vibrations can set this stuff off". After questioning the security guard as to why they would store such dangerous chemicals near a golf course, I was asked to leave immediately.

This morning there were still some chemicals in drums 100 yards away and I could see the security guard, but I had a good idea where to look so I dashed out of my car and made a beeline for the shrubbery. With my hair full of oleander flowers and the cache in hand, I ran back to my car and drove off. No time to set up a teepee though, sorry.

After a few minutes in the car, I got a call from my girlfriend. She told me a friend had just told her she saw on the news that a bunch of golfers were shooed off a golf course and there were firetrucks everywhere and ...

Life here at "the end of the Earth" can be trying at times. As the old maps used to read "Here Be Dragons!"

I'll find a great place to hide this one soon, and try to get a teepee over there when the "dragon" isn't looking.

Now there's almost no way you'd be able to drag me as far South as CVC Tag was!!! With my luck, I'd be tapping on all the drums to see which one has Tag in it! :rolleyes:

WAKE UP BILL! Don't you realize Tag was in deep doo doo? This is NOT FUNNY. Instead of making a joke about it, you should be bowing down to Mr Strix in thanks. :rolleyes:

Oh, I forgot... you really don't care about Tag's well being. You are probably too worried about the GBES thingie. When are you going over? I don't want to be on the highway at the same time. :anicute::rolleyes:

Edited by Photom

Bill, I hope you now see who's the biggest trouble maker in MACland!

Oh, ya. I've known who the big ones are... and I know who's always around them when the trouble happens. :)

Friday is the date our team is leaving for the desert. What are you doing that morning, Tom? Turning your 'call block' off I'm hoping. :):) My life line is always open - in case someone needs to phone a friend. :)

Oh, ya. I've known who the big ones are... and I know who's always around them when the trouble happens. :)

Friday is the date our team is leaving for the desert. What are you doing that morning, Tom? Turning your 'call block' off I'm hoping. :):) My life line is always open - in case someone needs to phone a friend. :)

I wish that were true (that I had call block on.) Actually I had to deactivate my cell number as I left it at the Milwaukee airport. The good news is that Frontier Airlines has it and is working on a plan to get it back to me. It feels naked without a cell!! I'm planning to head over Thursday, hopefully with a cell.

Edited by Photom

It feels naked without a cell!!

Really?! Maybe I'll spent this weekend without my phone on too! :lol:

Fizzy and I will be making a day trip over and then back. We did that last year too and it made the trip appear like it didn't happen. We just kept going from cache to cache to cache and before we knew it, we were at the GBES Starting line. I can hardly stand the wait. B)

Really?! Maybe I'll spent this weekend without my phone on too! <_<

Fizzy and I will be making a day trip over and then back. We did that last year too and it made the trip appear like it didn't happen. We just kept going from cache to cache to cache and before we knew it, we were at the GBES Starting line. I can hardly stand the wait. :(

Have a great time guys! I hope you do well Bill, I know if you stop speaking ill of Tom he may just mark your card correctly.

Really?! Maybe I'll spent this weekend without my phone on too! :o

Fizzy and I will be making a day trip over and then back. We did that last year too and it made the trip appear like it didn't happen. We just kept going from cache to cache to cache and before we knew it, we were at the GBES Starting line. I can hardly stand the wait. :D

Have a great time guys! I hope you do well Bill, I know if you stop speaking ill of Tom he may just mark your card correctly.

Wanna bet?! :(

Tom said he had a blast and wants to go back next year. He's camping out one more night so lets see what he has to post! :ph34r:

Really?! Maybe I'll spent this weekend without my phone on too! :o

Fizzy and I will be making a day trip over and then back. We did that last year too and it made the trip appear like it didn't happen. We just kept going from cache to cache to cache and before we knew it, we were at the GBES Starting line. I can hardly stand the wait. :D

Wanna bet?! :(

Tom said he had a blast and wants to go back next year. He's camping out one more night so lets see what he has to post! :ph34r:

Did he mark your card correctly? How did you do? I talked to Tom on Friday night I think (at the night portion of the event) and he was pretty excited and want to participate next year as a contestant.

[Tom said he had a blast and wants to go back next year. He's camping out one more night so lets see what he has to post! :smile:

Yes! Yes! it was a true adventure and loads of fun - even as a volunteer!

On the way to Saturday's assigned checkpoint, I went caching with a pair of volunteers who were assigned the same checkpoint. We found a cache called, "Here kitty, kitty, kitty." It was obvious that the sign pointed toward a brothel. I mentioned that to the 2 gals and they just broke out in laughter saying, "You must be from California." Then one said, "Well, I used to work at Mustang Ranch...." B):)

But the highlight of Saturday was watching BOGA retrieve a checkpoint challenge cache. It was on the side of a hill in some thick sagebrush. He found it and needed to hustle back to the checkpoint table for a good score.

So he plays gazzelle - and leaps over sage brush after sage brush. Then it happened - a bit of mis-judgement. One of the sage brushes was about 8 feet wide, and Bill's leap was only 6 feet. Down he comes in a near perfect 4-point landing (2 hands and 2 knees.) What a sight. But he did get back to the table in 1 minute 57 seconds - for the maximum bonus - and with 3 seconds to spare!

I asked him to do it again so I could get it on film, but he would not do it. :smile:

Then he gets out this huge hunting knife and tries to remove splinters from under his finger nails with it. What a guy! :lol::lol:

Yes I would like to go again next year, but if I enter, it will be in a rented jeep - not my Honda Pilot. I may just volunteer again.

CONGRATS to BOGA on his 2nd place trophy for the day route!! :DB)

Congrats Bill! Sounds like it was a fun trip!

Is that a play on me falling?! :angry:B)

It was just as Tom said. I ended up level to the rattlers and it couldn't have happened at any other location than the very one that Photom was helping out at. What are the chances? B) Turns out that was my slowest Check Point Challenge I've ever logged in the past four years. Too funny.

That little knife... removed all the debris in all the cuts but was too big to get up under my nail. At least we were able to keep going and make CVC proud.

There's a ton of pictures from the event at http://www.geocaching.com/seek/gallery.aspx?guid=4ff8d24f-8593-4410-8ca4-b27acb05440f

Who's interested for next year? Perhaps I can find people with 4x4's that need navigators. B)

Sounds great, but a long way from Stockton. :ph34r:

If the photo on your profile page is actually Ted & Rosa, I would venture to say that you have been outside Stockton city limits before. :o Don't think you would have as many finds either if you were stuck in Stockton.

The photo is indeed Ted & Rosa, taken at the site of Bill's "Burning Bush" cache, one of our all-time favorites! If you haven't been there, now is the (only) time, as it is covered in snow during the winter. Don't let the "archived" status stop you, it looks like Bill just did some cache maintenance. I'll tell you what, find me a spot in Merced with a view like you get at "Burning Bush" and I'll be there! :D

Sounds great, but a long way from Stockton. :ph34r:

If the photo on your profile page is actually Ted & Rosa, I would venture to say that you have been outside Stockton city limits before. :ph34r: Don't think you would have as many finds either if you were stuck in Stockton.

The photo is indeed Ted & Rosa, taken at the site of Bill's "Burning Bush" cache, one of our all-time favorites! If you haven't been there, now is the (only) time, as it is covered in snow during the winter. Don't let the "archived" status stop you, it looks like Bill just did some cache maintenance. I'll tell you what, find me a spot in Merced with a view like you get at "Burning Bush" and I'll be there! :ph34r:

OK, This one's not in Merced but it will be added to Ted's top ten list I'd guess. Tipping Point

OK, This one's not in Merced but it will be added to Ted's top ten list I'd guess. Tipping Point

Yeah Baby! That's what I'm talkin' about! :laughing:

I will be the first to agree that Merced, Delhi, or for that matter Stockton has nothing to compete with Burning Bush or the Tipping point, but I discovered a virtual cache in Yosemite that ranks in this category:Sierra Point. I took a coworker back on the Saturday before Memorial Day and we only saw one person on the Sierra point trail. He told us not to tell anybody about it.

Edited by CentralCArn

I love Yosemite and enjoyed the summer I lived there. What I don't like about Yosemite is that darn valley. Too many people, cars, rangers, noise, radios, etc. For those of you that think Yosemite is that mess... you're right and keep going there. :laughing: You can find me near Tuolumme Meadows or hiking around the rim of the valley (unless I'm getting this virtual). :laughing:

Here's a DNF picture from the Tipping Point.

e04fab16-b907-4b2c-995b-6f79b1a98bba.jpg

Just thought I would pop in and say 'Hello everyone!' Family stuff and a new litter of pups has kept me too busy to cache lately, but today I actually snuck off and grabbed 2 :laughing: Too bad Teamtek beat me on the FTF's....like I didnt expect that huh? Hope everyone is doing well and having a good summer.

Hi everyone! I haven't been in here or caching in awhile so I'm just checking in. I finally was able to carve time for caching and I reached #600 today...FINALLY!

How is everyone? I heard Geostock is held in Sac next year. My sister in Texas called me and told me as soon as it was announced. She and some Texans are coming. Not sure if I'll go or not.

Sanruft have you moved?

I hope all is well with everyone!

Kim aka Wolf Grrl

Hi everyone! I haven't been in here or caching in awhile so I'm just checking in. I finally was able to carve time for caching and I reached #600 today...FINALLY!

How is everyone? I heard Geostock is held in Sac next year. My sister in Texas called me and told me as soon as it was announced. She and some Texans are coming. Not sure if I'll go or not.

Sanruft have you moved?

Kim aka Wolf Grrl

Welcome back Microtaz and Wolf Girl!!

Glad you found some time to pop in.

Kim - "NOT SURE IF I'LL GO OR NOT!" ??????

You have to go, it's mandatory. Congtats on #600! :mmraspberry:

While you were both out, things are still the same. Bill of Green Achers (BOGA) is up to his usual tricks: a) He won second in the GBES day road rally, but almost took out 2 sage brushes in the process, :drama: He's had CVC Tag for over a week without putting it out, c) He ADMITS he let his dog chew on Tag a while, and d) We SUSPECT he may have taken Tag well outside the central valley. :signalviolin:

RADIKEL is sponsoring an event on July 27th - pop on down: Radikel says, "Extra Cheese Please" ;)

Sanruft have you moved?

Kim aka Wolf Grrl

You have to go, it's mandatory. Congtats on #600! :laughing:

While you were both out, things are still the same. Bill of Green Achers (BOGA) is up to his usual tricks: a) He won second in the GBES day road rally, but almost took out 2 sage brushes in the process, <_< He's had CVC Tag for over a week without putting it out, c) He ADMITS he let his dog chew on Tag a while, and d) We SUSPECT he may have taken Tag well outside the central valley. :o

RADIKEL is sponsoring an event on July 27th - pop on down: Radikel says, "Extra Cheese Please" :anibad:

Get your facts correct, Tom... It was the GBES Geocaching & Navigational Rally (which is an Off-Road Rally). You made it sound like it was a simple Road Rally. <_< The rest of your posting looks really mean and critical. (Has it been a week already?!) :laughing::ph34r::ph34r:

BTW, Welcome back to the fun, Ladies. Congratulations on making it to 600 Wolf grrl. You'll be passing me soon.

I better get Tag out tonight or I'll be blamed for taking out of state! <_< Ready? Set? <_<

That reminds me.... At the GBES Road Rally and Navigation Event (an off road road rally) awards ceremony .. BOGA raised his hand when they asked if anyone had a milestone to report. He reported his 1000th find!! Yet his current stats show 936!! What's up with that?? :laughing: Once again folks, I am merely reporting the facts... not creating them. :anibad: We need to keep a close eye on this guy. :laughing:

Edited by Photom

BOGA raised his hand when they asked if anyone had a milestone to report. He reported his 1000th find!! Yet his current stats show 936!! What's up with that?? <_< Once again folks, I am merely reporting the facts... not creating them. :anibad: We need to keep a close eye on this guy. :laughing:

Heat stroke! Thank Tom. I was unsure how I was going to tell everyone that I lost track of my numbers and had planned to be at 1k for the event... and forgot about the two months prior that I had to stop caching. :laughing: Man, did I feel stupid for raising my hand that night. <_<

Hi everyone. Well, I think we're going to get back into all this. I hid a cache yesterday near where I now work, and I noticed it just got published. I'm not sure who's still doing this from when we were (about 4 years back!) and who's new! Our pictures are horribly outdated on our profile, but I'll fix that soon!

Sanruft have you moved?

Kim aka Wolf Grrl

You have to go, it's mandatory. Congtats on #600! :laughing:

While you were both out, things are still the same. Bill of Green Achers (BOGA) is up to his usual tricks: a) He won second in the GBES day road rally, but almost took out 2 sage brushes in the process, :D He's had CVC Tag for over a week without putting it out, c) He ADMITS he let his dog chew on Tag a while, and d) We SUSPECT he may have taken Tag well outside the central valley. :(

RADIKEL is sponsoring an event on July 27th - pop on down: Radikel says, "Extra Cheese Please" :D

BILL TOOK TAG OUT OF THE AREA?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I am shocked and appalled at such dastardly behavior. Next he'll be coming in here whining about how he didn't do it, or that someone slipped it in his car without his knowledge (that by the way has already been used, see TAG GOES TO CHINA). Gees Bill! And to think I looked up to you as a pillar of honesty, (now maybe a pillar of salt). [/i] I am SOOOOO DISAPPOINTED

Sanruft have you moved?

Kim aka Wolf Grrl

Hi Kim! Congrats on hitting 600!

We have not been caching in a very long time...Grabbed three on the way home from Manteca today and had a little fun. Still haven't moved but are hoping to do so as soon as possible. The house is up for sale and there has been a ton of activity on it. (We think we will have a solid offer on it next week). Our fingers our crossed!

Looks like we are moving a tad too soon with Geostock in Sacramento next year. Oh well, perhaps we will catch one of those at another location!

Looks like Tag has been up to the same ol' tricks...Rules (apparantly) are made to be broken! :laughing:

We hope all is well with everyone. I haven't read the forums all the way through in a long time. It looks like I have some catching-up to do.

Cheers...

Thanks everyone! It is nice to be back. I'm in major caching mode since my sister is ahead of me right now. I must beat her numbers...oh wait, it's not about the numbers right? NAW...just kidding of course it is!

I'll have to take a look at that event and see if I can't show up. However, I have no one I know to go with and I'm still a bit shy since I really don't know any of you yet or anyone around here. I'm not the person that shows up alone. We'll see.

GeoWoodStock V - we normally go camping/skiing on Memorial weekend. However, just this year during that weekend we (our group) were talking about doing our annual camping trip the weekend before because of the rude and crazy once a year campers. If we go the weekend before I'm heading to GeoWoodStock.

I have to try for CVC tag some time. I'm still a bit green when it comes to understanding how CVC tag works but I won't know if I don't go get it, right?

Sanruft - I do hope your house sells but I hate to see you all go. Will you keep your caches out there that are around here or will you adopt them out?

Why is Riverbank not inundated with caches? For me to cache I have to drive all over the darn place! In my old home town area, it was inundated with caches. I'm not the clever of a cache hider so some of you cachers out there, challenge us with your hides in Riverbank! :D

BTW...I'm planning on hitting some milestone's throughout the year and would like suggestions on good caches for each of those. I'm hoping to hit my 1000th find on my 4th cachingversary March 14th, 2008. BIG dream I know. Can any of you make some suggestions for worth while milestone caches for 700, 800, 900, and 1000? I'd appreciate it.

~Kim

Edited by Wolf Grrl

BTW...I'm planning on hitting some milestone's throughout the year and would like suggestions on good caches for each of those. I'm hoping to hit my 1000th find on my 4th cachingversary March 14th, 2008. BIG dream I know. Can any of you make some suggestions for worth while milestone caches for 700, 800, 900, and 1000? I'd appreciate it.

~Kim

Now that's a challenge. You may want to consider this one that I used for my 1000th find: Wait Until Dark. It's a bit of a drive, but this classic hide is a great one for any milestone.

Here's a few more:

Revenge, Sweet Revenge

Brick in the wall

Black Box

Widget

Have fun and good luck! :):laughing::laughing:

JPD43 and I are going on a trip! A caching trip!

We leave tomorrow on a 4000-mile drive to EVERY STATE west of the Mississippi. We plan to find at least one cache in every state, take some pictures, listen to some books on CD, do some hiking, and maybe even take a shower now and then.

Although we will have laptops along, we may not be on the forums that much as not too many campgrounds have Wi-Fi! We may stop at a Starbucks now and then however.

Unfortunately, we won't have time to grab CVC Tag to take along. Besides, I asked BOGA if Tag could go and he said no. (And that's a bit odd since BOGA took him/her to Nevada recently.)

We will check in when we can and for sure when we get home. :)