Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

OMG. I found one of the best caches ever... and forgot to log the find! Is that lame or what! <_<

Yes. Lame. Very Lame. So what was it? :blink::huh:

MythBusters!

I was just talking about this cache with my brother on How dare Brute move from manteca and move the cache.

I agree. He's a trader and a Confederate. I thought we solved all this in the battle of Fort Sumter. :(

Bombardment_of_Fort_Sumter,_1861.png

Edited by Green Achers

Just want you to know I had a great day yestersday with my brother geocaching. He is hooked. We found 6 and that was everyone that we tried to find. And some very clever spots. THanks for all you do for this sport.. Greg (nascar fam)

P.S. my email server is down and I am not recieving any email. they are telling me this might be till tomarrow. Begining not to like Clearwire

Who's going to this years GBES Rally in Carson City, Nevada? I've done this for the past three years and it's always been a kick. (Our team is looking into returning.)

You have to be in a 4x4 (no fakers) but if you don't own one, there's always people looking for a navigator. Volunteers are also wanted! :P

OK. Bill has been been nagging about this for at least two years. So, I'm thinking I will go - maybe as a volunteer or something. I do have a great 4x4 but it's not exactly "high clearance." I have had it in and out of places that I probably should not have gone, but why press my luck? :laughing:

(For those who are curious, it's a Honda Pilot.)

Anyone want to ride along and tent camp? :laughing:

Who's going to this years GBES Rally in Carson City, Nevada? I've done this for the past three years and it's always been a kick. (Our team is looking into returning.)

You have to be in a 4x4 (no fakers) but if you don't own one, there's always people looking for a navigator. Volunteers are also wanted! :anibad:

OK. Bill has been been nagging about this for at least two years. So, I'm thinking I will go - maybe as a volunteer or something. I do have a great 4x4 but it's not exactly "high clearance." I have had it in and out of places that I probably should not have gone, but why press my luck? :D

(For those who are curious, it's a Honda Pilot.)

Anyone want to ride along and tent camp? :D

Ya, 'high' clearance is not required but low clearance took out a 4x4-want-a-bee a couple years ago. The $10,000 question is how high is high enough! LOL. My standard Bronco has never had problems but BThomas got in a long rut last year where he almost didn't make it. I wish I had taken video of it but this is his rig turning a corner.

I think it's time to stop beating around the bush (partly because this thread is too quite).

As everyone knows, CVC is a large area with no defined boundaries but it's somehow gathered a North vs South line. It's time to show your colors and I've found the perfect test. After taking the test, add your cacher name followed by the test result and place it below to build the list. :anibad:

1. Green Achers is 45% Dixie. Barely in Yankeedom.

Edited by Green Achers

I think it's time to stop beating around the bush (partly because this thread is too quite).

As everyone knows, CVC is a large area with no defined boundaries but it's somehow gathered a North vs South line. It's time to show your colors and I've found the perfect test. After taking the test, add your cacher name followed by the test result and place it below to build the list. :anibad:

2. Photom - 32% Dixie. You are definitely a Yankee.

3. 2 for the road .........31% Dixie. You are definitely a Yankee.

4. Ted - 36% Dixie. Definitely a Yankee. Rosa - 41% Dixie. Barely in Yankeedom

5. CVC Tag ...100% Dixie. Is General Lee your grandfather?!

Funny that I had such a Yankee score actually, since Robert Lee ....... was my grandfather!

As everyone knows, CVC is a large area with no defined boundaries but it's somehow gathered a North vs South line. It's time to show your colors and I've found the perfect test. After taking the test, add your cacher name followed by the test result and place it below to build the list. :blink:

6. jpd43.....28% Dixie. You are a dandy Yankee Doodle. (all ya'all need to retake as there must'a been some kinda mistook)

Funny that I had such a Yankee score actually, since Robert Lee ....... was my grandfather!

As everyone knows, CVC is a large area with no defined boundaries but it's somehow gathered a North vs South line. It's time to show your colors and I've found the perfect test. After taking the test, add your cacher name followed by the test result and place it below to build the list. :D

6. jpd43.....28% Dixie. You are a dandy Yankee Doodle. (all ya'all need to retake as there must'a been some kinda mistook)
  7. Greg (nascar fam) 40% Dixie. You are definitely a Yankee.

As everyone knows, CVC is a large area with no defined boundaries but it's somehow gathered a North vs South line. It's time to show your colors and I've found the perfect test. After taking the test, add your cacher name followed by the test result and place it below to build the list. :P

8. Sanruft -44% Dixie. Barely in Yankeedom.

Sorry for the delayed reply...Just read the thread :o

I guess it's time to archive CVC Tag! :o

Yeah, the weather has been fantastic but no one is out looking for the poor guy. He was last placed on February 22 almost in the center of the CVC area. Looks like it's time to retire.

Maybe one of the events we should have on the Mystery Train is a formal, final Wake for Tag? :P

As everyone knows, CVC is a large area with no defined boundaries but it's somehow gathered a North vs South line. It's time to show your colors and I've found the perfect test. After taking the test, add your cacher name followed by the test result and place it below to build the list. :P

9. Camel680 -- 49% Dixie. Barely in Yankeedom.

I guess it's time to archive CVC Tag! :anibad:

Yeah, the weather has been fantastic but no one is out looking for the poor guy. He was last placed on February 22 almost in the center of the CVC area. Looks like it's time to retire.

Maybe one of the events we should have on the Mystery Train is a formal, final Wake for Tag? :P

ahhh just because he isn't being found by the same person 5 times during a china trip or european trip doesn't mean he should be retired....

the length between finds just means that people have a life right now... now that the weather is nice I might attempt him.....

As everyone knows, CVC is a large area with no defined boundaries but it's somehow gathered a North vs South line. It's time to show your colors and I've found the perfect test. After taking the test, add your cacher name followed by the test result and place it below to build the list. :huh:

9. Camel680 -- 49% Dixie. Barely in Yankeedom.
  10. Frivlas - 35% Dixie. You are definitely a Yankee.

Claiming honorary CVC member status. :huh:

I guess it's time to archive CVC Tag! B)

ahhh just because he isn't being found by the same person 5 times during a china trip or european trip doesn't mean he should be retired....

the length between finds just means that people have a life right now... now that the weather is nice I might attempt him.....

So who will volunteer to bring CVC Tag to the train ride? B)B) Wake music....as in a funeral wake for poor ole' tag. :P

As everyone knows, CVC is a large area with no defined boundaries but it's somehow gathered a North vs South line. It's time to show your colors and I've found the perfect test. After taking the test, add your cacher name followed by the test result and place it below to build the list. :anicute:

[*]Green Achers is 45% Dixie. Barely in Yankeedom.

[*] Photom - 32% Dixie. You are definitely a Yankee.

[*]2 for the road .........31% Dixie. You are definitely a Yankee.

[*]Ted - 36% Dixie. Definitely a Yankee. Rosa - 41% Dixie. Barely in Yankeedom

[*] CVC Tag ...100% Dixie. Is General Lee your grandfather?!

[*]jpd43.....28% Dixie. You are a dandy Yankee Doodle. (all ya'all need to retake as there must'a been some kinda mistook)

[*]Greg (nascar fam) 40% Dixie. You are definitely a Yankee.

[*] Sanruft -44% Dixie. Barely in Yankeedom.

[*] Camel680 -- 49% Dixie. Barely in Yankeedom.

[*] Frivlas - 35% Dixie. You are definitely a Yankee.

Just reading the thread

[*] Wolf Grrl - 48% Dixie. Barely in Yankeedom.

Speaking of the Murder Mystery Train... Let the adventure begin. Looking forward to seeing you all on Friday!

We'll be dressed in theme. Anyone else that dressing in theme (any time period) goes up one rung on the food chain and may make more happiness (if that's possible) during our adventure together. :ph34r:

You'll be dressed in Theme? How does one dress as a murder suspect? Oh, wait, since you are already guilty, you just need to wear stripes, right?

Speaking of the Murder Mystery Train... Let the adventure begin. Looking forward to seeing you all on Friday!

We'll be dressed in theme. Anyone else that dressing in theme (any time period) goes up one rung on the food chain and may make more happiness (if that's possible) during our adventure together. :o

You'll be dressed in Theme? How does one dress as a murder suspect? Oh, wait, since you are already guilty, you just need to wear stripes, right?

Seriously what does one wear to this?

We'll be dressed in theme. Anyone else that dressing in theme (any time period) goes up one rung on the food chain and may make more happiness (if that's possible) during our adventure together. :o

We'll be dressed in theme. Anyone else that dressing in theme (any time period) goes up one rung on the food chain and may make more happiness (if that's possible) during our adventure together. :D

Book Bug had some words of wisdom on the topic...

Even if they just wore overcoats and hats like spys or Carmen Sandiego or Sherlock Holmes or from the Pink Panther or.........characters like an old school marm, a widow or any old classic character types OR Clue characters!!!

BTW, I just go back from the hospital. CVC Tag!!! has been in there all day going through exams and a battery of tests. The doctor said she's concerned but thought he'd have new life as soon as they could figure out what's wrong with him. We're going back tomorrow for more testing.

So, CVC Tag is a mommy cache with over 20 babies, all from different fathers. How do you think that will play into the Geogathering?! :anitongue::anibad::D

All from different fathers? Take your pick: hussy, jade, slattern, tart, tramp, wanton, wench, floozy, trollop, strumpet. :D:D

:)

This past Friday I had the very distinct pleasure of accompanying a whole lot of Geocachers on a traveling event! What a great time, I had. The food was great, the company superb and the entertainment hilarious. I don't know what made Bill think of this as an idea for a geocaching event, but then who really knows how Bill's mind works? It doesn't matter! Bill came up with an absolutely outstanding idea and pulled it off marvelously. I would like to personally thank Bill for his contributions to the geocaching community! He puts on really top shelf geocaching events such as this, puts out some really awsome geocaches like Water Mark & National Treasure just to mention 2 of many, and is a genuine real nice guy. Again Bill a big THANK YOU!

......... and is a genuine real nice guy.

WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN SMOKING???? <_<<_<:ph34r:

SMOKING? I can't remember the last time I "smoked", but then I guess that would mean either it was really good or really bad. :D By the way, I will now not tell you what he said about you. :D

Did anyone else forget to set their clocks forward an hour last night?! I thought when we did that a few weeks ago, that was it. But the news (that I've been missing until this morning) has been pointing out, 'that was the daylight correction and had nothing to do with today beginning daylight savings.' It just seams like all this time adjustment stuff is a waste and saves nothing - not to mention the confusion that it's now caused.

Anyway, add an hour to all your clocks if you haven't already taken care of it. :(

Did anyone else forget to set their clocks forward an hour last night?! I thought when we did that a few weeks ago, that was it. But the news (that I've been missing until this morning) has been pointing out, 'that was the daylight correction and had nothing to do with today beginning daylight savings.' It just seams like all this time adjustment stuff is a waste and saves nothing - not to mention the confusion that it's now caused.

Anyway, add an hour to all your clocks if you haven't already taken care of it. :)

So let's see if I got this right.......We set the clocks forward 2 weeks ago and then we set them again last night so we should now have a 2 hour differential?!?!? Hmmm, I think there is something wrong here Bill :( . Maybe we were supposed to set it ahead last time and back this time to put it back where it was originally so we can change them again next week :D . Or maybe were really supposed to set them BACK last time and ahead this time so the time would be right. OR MAYBE this is all just a hoax and we are supposed to be on standard time all year long like Arizona and this is just an April Fools joke theat started in March ;) ! OR MAYBE, JUST MAYBE the farmer is trying to confuse us with a April fools joke of his own. Confused :D ? Tune in to the next entry and either get more confused or straightened out or just kick back and watch the races that come on in an hour, or 2, or 3 or maybe they are already half over. AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH! :) Thanks Bill! :(

Anyway, add an hour to all your clocks if you haven't already taken care of it. :)

So let's see if I got this right.......We set the clocks forward 2 weeks ago and then we set them again last night so we should now have a 2 hour differential?!?!? Hmmm, I think there is something wrong here Bill :( . Maybe we were supposed to set it ahead last time and back this time to put it back where it was originally so we can change them again next week :D . Or maybe were really supposed to set them BACK last time and ahead this time so the time would be right. OR MAYBE this is all just a hoax and we are supposed to be on standard time all year long like Arizona and this is just an April Fools joke theat started in March ;) ! OR MAYBE, JUST MAYBE the farmer is trying to confuse us with a April fools joke of his own. Confused :D ? Tune in to the next entry and either get more confused or straightened out or just kick back and watch the races that come on in an hour, or 2, or 3 or maybe they are already half over. AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH! :) Thanks Bill! :(

Anyway, add an hour to all your clocks if you haven't already taken care of it. :D

So let's see if I got this right.......We set the clocks forward 2 weeks ago and then we set them again last night so we should now have a 2 hour differential?!?!? Hmmm, I think there is something wrong here Bill :) . Maybe we were supposed to set it ahead last time and back this time to put it back where it was originally so we can change them again next week :D . Or maybe were really supposed to set them BACK last time and ahead this time so the time would be right. OR MAYBE this is all just a hoax and we are supposed to be on standard time all year long like Arizona and this is just an April Fools joke theat started in March :) ! OR MAYBE, JUST MAYBE the farmer is trying to confuse us with a April fools joke of his own. Confused :( ? Tune in to the next entry and either get more confused or straightened out or just kick back and watch the races that come on in an hour, or 2, or 3 or maybe they are already half over. AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH! ;) Thanks Bill! :(

yeah......... what doug said!

Two points I'd like to make...

I got one person (hook, line and sinker) with this today.

After posting it, I looked at my PDA and it was flashing a message that it had corrected for DLS last night - as it didn't get any updated patch. It turns out that person I caught off guard also had a auto DLS correction on their atomic clock. Today was the normally scheduled day!

My GPSr has been off by an hour since the last change so it's nice to see it on time today. (That's three points but who's counting?!) :(

Two points I'd like to make...

I got one person (hook, line and sinker) with this today.

After posting it, I looked at my PDA and it was flashing a message that it had corrected for DLS last night - as it didn't get any updated patch. It turns out that person I caught off guard also had a auto DLS correction on their atomic clock. Today was the normally scheduled day!

My GPSr has been off by an hour since the last change so it's nice to see it on time today. (That's three points but who's counting?!) :o

Well, while you guys were playing with your clocks, I had to take my wife to an event near SFO airport. Since CVC tag was right on the way, I grabbed her. No, I did not leave a teepee or even log the find. Instead I'm taking her to a reliable OB-GYN to have her spayed (or whatever the term is for her kind.)

After that's over, I'm not sure I will put her out again. Seems like she's sowed plenty of wild oats already. :o:rolleyes:

Does anyone know where I can download the the thing that I can see the caches on google earth? I had it before but with new computer I can not find it on geocaching now. Anyone know where?

You'll find what you're looking for in the upper left hand section of every cache page (in California) Click the following link...

In California, United States (view map)