Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

Question: Were at in CA. do you geocache?

All over the world for some of the group... but CVC area includes Lodi, Stockton, Modesto, Patterson. Just to name a few Cities.

Looks like you're near Redding which I'm not sure if they have an organized group (yet). The Sacramento group (RCGDS) is a very active group. You're always welcome to come down south and enjoy yourself! Welcome to Geocaching!

Edited by Green Achers

Question: Were at in CA. do you geocache?

All over the world for some of the group... but CVC area includes Lodi, Stockton, Modesto, Patterson. Just to name a few Cities.

Looks like you're near Redding which I'm not sure if they have an organized group (yet). <snipped>

Hey, don't forget the NUTS! Well, it's actually N.U.T.S. (Northstate Unusual Treasure Seekers ).

They have a Yahoo group at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nuts_/ :laughing:

Be careful if you venture this far South. Even though Redding is in the "Central Valley" of California... some think the Central Valley is within a mile or two of their homes....... but there are a lot of quality caches to find down this way. :D

Wonderful! So CVC can be as big (or small) as anyone imagines and no one will have a problem with territories/boundries/rights/etc. It's the perfect world! :D

That means we can start a new group within CVC! Oh, boy. What do you think about "B.A.T.'s"?! Bay Area Transit's :laughing: Or "BEFF"? Bill's Elect Friends and Family.

Sign us up for BEFF!

Today, I took a day off (since I've been on vacation for almost two weeks and to do homework) and went up to maintain some of my caches (and recover one that was un-voluntarily archived). I made it within 7 miles of Quarter/nitch when the snow got too deep and the road was closed. My best recovery was to go find caches (one of which now has a highly desired Diabetes TB).

I'm now home and working on the final details to one of the most unusual Geo-Gathering ever. Save 3/23/07 evening now and you'll get more information in the next couple days! Standby for details :laughing: because everyone's going to want to attend this one. :)

I had heard someplace :) that BOGA was treating for this event! What a great guy! Thanks Bill. My wife would also like to thank you, as would our 2 sons and the one's fiance and the other's girlfriend. By the way they all also wanted thank you for allowing their children in on the freebie as well so make that a total of 10. Again, our deepest thanks Bill as this is very generous. :)

Today, I took a day off (since I've been on vacation for almost two weeks and to do homework) and went up to maintain some of my caches (and recover one that was un-voluntarily archived). I made it within 7 miles of Quarter/nitch when the snow got too deep and the road was closed. My best recovery was to go find caches (one of which now has a highly desired Diabetes TB).

I'm now home and working on the final details to one of the most unusual Geo-Gathering ever. Save 3/23/07 evening now and you'll get more information in the next couple days! Standby for details :laughing: because everyone's going to want to attend this one. :)

I had heard someplace :) that BOGA was treating for this event! What a great guy! Thanks Bill. My wife would also like to thank you, as would our 2 sons and the one's fiance and the other's girlfriend. By the way they all also wanted thank you for allowing their children in on the freebie as well so make that a total of 10. Again, our deepest thanks Bill as this is very generous. :)

And by the way everybody, I was just kidding! Bill is NOT treating as I was led to believe.

...Again, our deepest thanks Bill as this is very generous. :)

And by the way everybody, I was just kidding! Bill is NOT treating as I was led to believe.

I was sitting here thinking you're such a clown. I knew you didn't continue this rumor because I've given you the final coordinates to most every puzzle and multi cache you've ever found. :) We both know the true about that! :laughing:

...Again, our deepest thanks Bill as this is very generous. B)

I was sitting here thinking you're such a clown. I knew you didn't continue this rumor because I've given you the final coordinates to most every puzzle and multi cache you've ever found. :D We both know the true about that! B)

And by the way everybody, I was just kidding as well! Doug has earned every cache he's ever logged. (At least to my knowledge, he has! Tom?!!) B)

And by the way everybody, I was just kidding as well! Doug has earned every cache he's ever logged. (At least to my knowledge, he has! Tom?!!) B)

Of course he earned them all! For example, yesterday we found 13 PUZZLE caches, and Doug was there for each and every one.

He's not??? Not even the bored members of BEFF???

Edited by Photom

Only the weak use GPSr's... :blink:

California Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Found it bubnme found Dew A Water Dance (Traditional Cache)

found my second one of the day without my gps purchased. the clues helped me with this one. logged and took nothing. thanks for the fun

Welcome our newest CVC Member, Bubnme!

thanks all... i was just messing around and thought i would pop down and read this thread. funny how things work out... :wub:

Only the weak use GPSr's... :blink:

Yes, just the other day we were out on !*$?%-% Road watching the cranes, swans, coots, ducks, etc, and we found a cache without our GPSr and without even trying! Of course, the fact that it was hanging in a DECIDUOUS bush kinda made it stick out like a sore thumb. LOL

Seriously, you'd think the hider would realize that bush would be naked in winter! But then again, the logsheet didn't have the cache's name or the hider's name, so obviously he just pitches them out without too much thought....... :wub:

...But then again, the logsheet didn't have the cache's name or the hider's name, so obviously he just pitches them out without too much thought....... :(

So it could have been most any of my caches! I'm awful at that. :anicute:

Aw Bill, no need to defend me like that. Its me! Surprised the finder was so far south though.....Ive got two hidden in walls of Ivy. Covered with fake ivy. One is in Sangar, and I drove past It last Jan, there was a green blob . LOL. But as far as I know, its still there! Go figure....the ivy swallowing my house doesnt give it up for winter, must be different types. ( now with a red face admitting I took Ornamental Horticulture team 4 years in FFA in high school. But then again I changed my major in College to Music theology-some high falutin name like that....and look where I am at now! Yeah, thats right, raking in the BIG bucks! I would here inset a LOL, but its not even remotely funny. )

Aw Bill, no need to defend me like that. Its me! Surprised the finder was so far south though.....Ive got two hidden in walls of Ivy. Covered with fake ivy. One is in Sangar, and I drove past It last Jan, there was a green blob . LOL. But as far as I know, its still there! Go figure....the ivy swallowing my house doesnt give it up for winter, must be different types. ( now with a red face admitting I took Ornamental Horticulture team 4 years in FFA in high school. But then again I changed my major in College to Music theology-some high falutin name like that....and look where I am at now! Yeah, thats right, raking in the BIG bucks! I would here inset a LOL, but its not even remotely funny. )

Hey! Wait a minute. Last Saturday my geo-buddy and I found 40 caches. Most were fairly quick. But there was one that was NOT sticking out like a bald bottle in a decidious tree - called "CREW you, 2." THIS EVIL hide took: a) 45 minutes (and I may be exaggerating on the LOW side), :( One phone call to a prior finder (who broke into histerical laughter), and c) TWO calls to the owner. AND THIS PERSON (HIDER) HAS THE GALL TO CLAIM INNOCENCE? That's just not right. :anicute:

Hey! Wait a minute. Last Saturday my geo-buddy and I found 40 caches. Most were fairly quick. But there was one that was NOT sticking out like a bald bottle in a decidious tree - called "CREW you, 2." THIS EVIL hide took: a) 45 minutes (and I may be exaggerating on the LOW side), :anicute: One phone call to a prior finder (who broke into histerical laughter), and c) TWO calls to the owner. AND THIS PERSON (HIDER) HAS THE GALL TO CLAIM INNOCENCE? That's just not right. :anicute:

Im pure as the driven slush. Pay no attention. By the way, I had a finder pretty much tell me today in not so many words I am a wus hider. YAWN. Cant imagine what your problem was. It stuck out like a green thumb. :(

...Ornamental Horticulture Team...

On your mark. Get set.... Grow!

...and look where I am at now! Yeah, thats right, raking in the BIG NUTS!

I agree. Not funny! :):)

...That's just not right. :)

I'm always laughing at you, Tom. :P

I could have used this last weekend, eh?

http://loungingatwalden.googlepages.com/RandomLog.html

Isn't this what you use for logging your sock puppet finds?! ;);)

------------

Looks like we've got a good group going on the Dinner Mystery Murder Train which is the next CVC Geo-Gathering

We still have room for more cachers but the longer you wait, the more muggles that will be on the other end. (The muggles are filling from one end and the cachers are filling from the other. Obviously, the early bird gets the worm.) This is going to be one fun night that you won't want to miss. B) Remember, part of the name is MYSTERY. ;)

Don't make me stir things up guys! Say something or suffer. :rolleyes::o

I guess it's time to archive CVC Tag! :o

What? Just because it's been in Stockton for a few weeks? :huh:

Well, everyone KNOWS how Tag likes to travel, meet new people, and see new things. And, there is a MEGA event in just a week down in Temecula. I'd bet Tag would really, really like to go. :o:o

Hi everybdy, I haven't been here awhile I moved to Idaho. I have two caches at my mom's town (Ione). They were muggled shortly after I moved. One was a micro cache but it was in a very special container, and I don't think it can be replaced. A special cacher returned the log to me. The other was a regular cache and some of you may have tried it. I received an email from Nomex with the regular warnings. I was wondering if somebody could replace this for me? I have a travel bug I'd like placed in it that I could mail you.

I haven't posted in a long time so I don't know if my email is available.

Here's the cache

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...34-34120b23d082

That looks like a boat load of fun. I hope I can make it, Tom.

------

Did everyone see this new caching system? You never want to play it but when you do, you're sure to get FTF. And the prize is part of your family! :unsure:SnEEKERS

Dang....I wish I embedded a chip in my oldest...she ran to Arkasas last Sat. Supposedly returning this weekend after LOTS of talk and encouraging her to graduate in a few months.

Here's some more reason to cache Wednesday... There's a professional bike tour (race?!) coming through CVC. Starting in Stockton at 11 AM and going to San Jose over Patterson Pass Road is stage 3 of the Amgen Tour of California. It's should make an interesting commute as well as that's against the commute direction - although they'll be a little early. :huh:

------

Also, The train is filling up well with Geocachers for the next CVC Geogathering, It's Murder Out There! If anyone's still thinking about going - or hasn't bought their tickets yet... better hurry up. The train leaving with or without you and we're going to have a great time. B)B)