Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

Today, I took a day off (since I've been on vacation for almost two weeks and to do homework) and went up to maintain some of my caches (and recover one that was un-voluntarily archived). I made it within 7 miles of Quarter/nitch when the snow got too deep and the road was closed. My best recovery was to go find caches (one of which now has a highly desired Diabetes TB).

I'm now home and working on the final details to one of the most unusual Geo-Gathering ever. Save 3/23/07 evening now and you'll get more information in the next couple days! Standby for details :lol: because everyone's going to want to attend this one. :lol:

Edited by Green Achers

I'm now home and working on the final details to one of the most unusual Geo-Gathering ever. Save 3/23/07 evening now and you'll get more information in the next couple days! Standby for details :lol: because everyone's going to want to attend this one. :lol:

Oh wow! Can TAG go?? Can Tag attend? You know he loves to travel. Can Tag go?? :lol::lol:

Edited by Photom

I agree with Ted...

I agree with Ted too.

I've owned both Magellan and Garmin. IMHO, Garmin company is easier to deal with and much more interested in providing services to their patrons. Just look at the two web sites and see which one proves firmware updates on various GPSr. Garmin updates their software and hands it out freely so the customers are happy. Magellan always made me feel like they were doing me a favor.

Garmin also realized that Geocaching is a major contributor to their success and added icons and helps on various models. Magellan???

One last pointer. I really love the auto routing feature which is not offered on the lower priced units. It doesn't take too long to realize this is a feature that pays for it's self (in gas savings if not time savings). If there's any way possible, I'd make sure what I chose has a routing system.

P.S. I love that picture. It must be a FTF picture because I can't imagine anyone else going for it. :anicute:

That picture is a place where TAG may not have to worry about being around a bunch of animals and you also have some goats I believe don't you Bill?

During our last coffee gathering, several trackable items were logged into the event and never moved out. I'm trying to figure out what happened so here's an APB for them.

Camel680's Coin

califmicrofront150.gif

Another of Camel680's Coin

califmicrofront150.gif

A third Camel680 Coin

califmicrofront150.gif

Cachers from Ohio owned this Travel Bug

0624f393-6f10-40d7-b458-b805f1acc0ed.jpg

EMC of Northridge, CA owned this Geocoin

pakeystonecoin.jpg

NAJ3 of Washington owned this Geocoin

CampExplorer_edition_woodpecker_G_300Front300.jpg

Perhaps there's a logical explanation or an honest mistake. If anyone can tell me what happened to any of these, it would be appreciated.

During our last coffee gathering, several trackable items were logged into the event and never moved out. I'm trying to figure out what happened so here's an APB for them.

Camel680's Coin

califmicrofront150.gif

califmicrofront150.gif

A third Camel680 Coin

califmicrofront150.gif

pakeystonecoin.jpg

Perhaps there's a logical explanation or an honest mistake. If anyone can tell me what happened to any of these, it would be appreciated.

Thank you very much Bill for bringing attention to these coins and TB's loss/location. I know from what you said it was a great meet there....I hope whoever has my coin and the others is willing to step forward and tell us.... Your help is so greatly appreciated!

Camel680's Coin

califmicrofront150.gif

califmicrofront150.gif

A third Camel680 Coin

califmicrofront150.gif

pakeystonecoin.jpg

Thank you very much Bill for bringing attention to these coins and TB's loss/location. I know from what you said it was a great meet there....I hope whoever has my coin and the others is willing to step forward and tell us.... Your help is so greatly appreciated!

I'm sorry I don't have a clue. I only took one Camel680's Traveling California Poppy Micro Geocoin #5 and I released it into the hands of Dyfen in Texas. I can honestly say it is in Dallas' Cache located in Texas. It sucks to have TB's go missing or caches for that matter. I was a good girl and didn't take it, lose it, or keep it, I released it.

[sorry, I did not see any of those- by the time I got there they were already gone. Please note that Wolfgrrl travel Bug Hotel in Salida "Sandruff" got muggled and is MIA

tquote name=Wolf Grrl' date='Jan 15 2007, 12:37 AM' post='2664066]

Camel680's Coin

califmicrofront150.gif

califmicrofront150.gif

A third Camel680 Coin

califmicrofront150.gif

pakeystonecoin.jpg

I'm sorry I don't have a clue. I only took one Camel680's Traveling California Poppy Micro Geocoin #5 and I released it into the hands of Dyfen in Texas. I can honestly say it is in Dallas' Cache located in Texas. It sucks to have TB's go missing or caches for that matter. I was a good girl and didn't take it, lose it, or keep it, I released it.

Girls = 2, Boys = 0. What's happening to us here? I thought for sure this was going to take FizzyMagic to solve. LOL

I'm confused. :unsure: (Not a rare occurrence, but annoying nonetheless.) Did I miss something? :grin:

That was a link with an error. It's corrected now. BTW, When you say "Not a rare occurrence, but annoying nonetheless", where you talking about the ladies beating us guys or the fact that I got you confused?! :grin::D

Girls = 2, Boys = 0. What's happening to us here? I thought for sure this was going to take FizzyMagic to solve. LOL

Magic Happens Before Your Eyes

It took FizzyMagic exactly two minutes to solve! :unsure:

You know, you guys should do a Central Valley Quadrangle Challenge like the one we are doing in the Bay Area. Working on this has been a real kick; I've been exploring all around the Bay Area and discovered some neat places. It's like Geocaching used to be, in the old days!

I'm confused. :unsure: (Not a rare occurrence, but annoying nonetheless.) Did I miss something? :grin:

That was a link with an error. It's corrected now. BTW, When you say "Not a rare occurrence, but annoying nonetheless", where you talking about the ladies beating us guys or the fact that I got you confused?! :D:D

Thanks for correcting the link. :D At least now I'm not derailed by your train of thought! :D And yes, now that the link works, I did solve the puzzle, though getting to the southland to find the cache is another thing. The "not a rare occurrence but annoying" refers to my getting confused, though it could apply to being humiliated by the ladies also, :grin: though I've kind of gotten used to that! That is why I won't play scrabble with my wife. Hah!

Girls = 3, Boys = 2 (solved but not yet found). Keep it up guys! :(

Huh?? You are counting the guys as 2?? The way I see it, it's girls = 3, boys = 0. (And that's assuming Triplewisdom's friends aren't going to log their finds.)

Now, when you convince Fizzy to drive way east and Ted to drive way south, AND their coordinates are correct, AND they sign the log... it would indeed be 3 to 2.

In the meantime, I guess I should ask JPD43 to solve this one. :(<_<

:ph34r::D I was trying to let the guys think they stand a chance. :P The good news is that no more finds for the ladies today. The bad news is still no guys have been to the girls victory confetti. Maybe it will be Doug?!

I hope it doesn't come down to the guys begging for clues from the ladies. B) At lease the puzzle master solved it in two minutes! I was hoping for longer but not surprised... there is 'magic' involved after all. B)

Edited by Green Achers

:ph34r::D I was trying to let the guys think they stand a chance. :P The good news is that no more finds for the ladies today. The bad news is still no guys have been to the girls victory confetti. Maybe it will be Doug?!

I hope it doesn't come down to the guys begging for clues from the ladies. B) At lease the puzzle master solved it in two minutes! I was hoping for longer but not surprised... there is 'magic' involved after all. B)

Im BLIND! But I am also the WORST puzzle person. I think I have only figured out ONE puzzle all by myself, it was one for me in fact....the clues were like this...

d, sounds just like fore

e, same as d

well, you get the drift?

Hey Bill, ya gotta thing against the ladies? LOL.

Actually we've got our list, and we'll be back out Sunday:) Maybe we'll see ya on the trail somewhere huh?

Thanks for replacing Trust me. We'll be back out there soon, but not on Sunday. We're heading in the opposite direction.

Oh and one more thing - the only kudos that go with solving the puzzle is the find. ANYONE can say they solved the puzzle! B)

Catmit:) - who now is worried that Bill will throw her off the train!

:ph34r::P I was trying to let the guys think they stand a chance. B) The good news is that no more finds for the ladies today. The bad news is still no guys have been to the girls victory confetti. Maybe it will be Doug?!

I hope it doesn't come down to the guys begging for clues from the ladies. B) At lease the puzzle master solved it in two minutes! I was hoping for longer but not surprised... there is 'magic' involved after all. :D

Yet another find on the puzzle today. Another... LADY!! What does that make the score? 4 to 0?? :) You guys want to help out a little bit here?! :) A find would be welcome. We're getting schooled big time! :yikes: I'm so disappointed... I going to hide. :)

<_<

Looks like someone is still keeping score so I will add my two cents. My wife got the coords first, but I did see them later.

Anyway when we got to the cache site, I actually made the find. There were three boys in our vehicle and two girls (but one was sleeping). So..... I guess we get to make it Girls: 5 to Guys 3. :)

Yet another find on the puzzle today. Another... LADY!! What does that make the score? 4 to 0?? :drama: You guys want to help out a little bit here?! :drama: A find would be welcome. We're getting schooled big time! ;) I'm so disappointed... I going to hide. :P

:laughing:

Looks like someone is still keeping score so I will add my two cents. My wife got the coords first, but I did see them later.

Anyway when we got to the cache site, I actually made the find. There were three boys in our vehicle and two girls (but one was sleeping). So..... I guess we get to make it Girls: 5 to Guys 3. :P

The guys have kind of shown up but this cache has been dominated by Lady CVCers.

Speaking of which, guess who's hooked and now taking large over doses of the habit? They're from CVC and they have gas money! :drama:

Log Date: 1/21/2007

Found this one last on a 10 hour, 42 day find, caching spree!

Speaking of which, guess who's hooked and now taking large over doses of the habit? They're from CVC and they have gas money! :drama:

Could that name be one of those oxymoron things? Like "Giant Shrimp" or "Tiny huge?" :drama::laughing:

You two are cracking us up!

OMG - I don't want to see another end of the road in awhile!

We're gonna try for that Bar None this week..........Do ya think Mervyn's can scan the code? LOL

Catmit:)

Could that name be one of those oxymoron things? Like "Giant Shrimp" or "Tiny huge?" :drama::laughing:

Camel680's Coin

califmicrofront150.gif

califmicrofront150.gif

A third Camel680 Coin

califmicrofront150.gif

pakeystonecoin.jpg

Hi folks, this is carpodacus reporting in after a long absence. Received BOGA's email about the missing coins and such from the Ripon meeting. While I was at the meeting in question, the only item I took was a jeep travel bug which is now in the possesion of one sn0rkey who retrieved it from "The End of the Road". Sorry to hear that the items turned up missing. They are quite nice. I'm hoping to do some caching this weekend when I travel out of state. Bye folks!

Is anybody looking for Tag? Team Tek? :ph34r:

While Tom's looking for Tag, I'll look for Team Tek! I think they're AWAL. :P Maybe Team GUI can go get it (without her seeing cane). :huh:

Teamtek is alive and well. They got a few FTF's last week here in Lodi. :unsure:

SBD. Some things never change. Looks like they out lived that RCGDS site. Is the group still together? Or did they fall off the earth (since they're way past the safety of the Lodi Barrier)?!! <_<