Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

...The Rosa half of "Ted and Rosa" is also a CArn. :mellow:

So that makes JaimeeG a MIrn... but if she moved to Colorado... she'd be a COrn. :rolleyes: [sorry about that out burst, folks]

Welcome to the forum and CVC, CentralCArn. To correct one statement, TAG is not allowed to leave CVC (even if brought back). Some people have been Tarred and Feathered for breaking that rule. It was a really fair trial and the two hiking dudes that look so funny in feathers learned their lesson... for a while. Now we're keeping our eye on their activities. :laughing:

Edited by Green Achers

I'm lookin' for a certain Geo-Pirate and first indications show our ''Captain'' Johnny Campbell be a liar and a common thief. There's no one t' prove he's plundered many caches nor has he stole a bounty o' TB bootie. I'm callin' him a sorry deck hand and challengin' anyone t' prove he's worthy o' bein' called a pirate.

I think his only ship be an aluminum row boat. :blink:

I'm lookin' for a certain Geo-Pirate and first indications show our ''Captain'' Johnny Campbell be a liar and a common thief. There's no one t' prove he's plundered many caches nor has he stole a bounty o' TB bootie. I'm callin' him a sorry deck hand and challengin' anyone t' prove he's worthy o' bein' called a pirate.

I think his only ship be an aluminum row boat. :blink:

This whole situation reminds me of an old Lamneth issue from before my caching time. Though I have heard of it a few times since then.. (as he re-surfaces from time to time.)

I think his only ship be an aluminum row boat. :(

This whole situation reminds me of an old Lamneth issue from before my caching time. Though I have heard of it a few times since then.. (as he re-surfaces from time to time.)

I'm not sure what Lamneth did that inspired that connection but it must be when he created his first cipher cache which was brilliantly done... so it made us wonder who he was - which no one really figured out even though we've met him. That was the first appearance of Venona.

On the other hand, you have this jerk that stole one cache with a TB or two in it... then claims he's taken a bunch of others. Turns out he's never stolen any before. He's just lonely because he's too lazy to play the game as intended. I'll bet Night Knight would be able to profile the guy and agree.

I think his only ship be an aluminum row boat. :(

I'm not sure what Lamneth did that inspired that connection but it must be when he created his first cipher cache which was brilliantly done... so it made us wonder who he was - which no one really figured out even though we've met him. That was the first appearance of Venona.

On the other hand, you have this jerk that stole one cache with a TB or two in it... then claims he's taken a bunch of others. Turns out he's never stolen any before. He's just lonely because he's too lazy to play the game as intended. I'll bet Night Knight would be able to profile the guy and agree.

didn't one of the venona cases have a "stolen" travel bug or something like that? That was why I was relating the 2. but this guy is just slime...

didn't one of the venona cases have a "stolen" travel bug or something like that? That was why I was relating the 2. but this guy is just slime...

Ah! That would be Venona whom annually 'kidnaps' a travel bug (notifying the owners about the game) and then gives us his ransom demands (which always end up being a bunch of puzzles for us to have fun with). Since the holidays are getting closer, I'll bet you he's working out yet another adventure. :(

You don't think our pirate is a puzzler and that tin can has the clue - do you? No one would go that low to make us work on this during harvest! :( Anyone look at the back side of the note and did anyone hit it with a black light yet?! :)

You don't think our pirate is a puzzler and that tin can has the clue - do you? No one would go that low to make us work on this during harvest! :D Anyone look at the back side of the note and did anyone hit it with a black light yet?! :anitongue:

Nope...The can has officially been thrown away. The contents of the can were disgusting and I am quite certain that is is not a "clue" to anything aside from this person is a lowlife.

On a more positve note, I am looking forward to the upcoming Oktoberfest in Atwater! <_<

Edited by Sanruft

Well, unless CVC Tag was morphed into a California Golden Mantled squirrel, there was no sign of him at Cloud's Rest..... B):D

d1aa6b45-eda2-4f6d-92ad-12e394391761.jpg

Well I guess I got the flipside of that photo B)B)

9a4974aa-0d9c-4b85-9b9c-39bf039e64f3.jpg

Kablooey is on the left, and I'm the one with the shorts on his head :D . And no sign of Tag there either B)

Both of those are beautiful shots! Congratulations on your accomplishment! :D

Now, if I could only find that photo of me in the opposite direction...Caching at the bottom of Ube'Hebe Crater in Death Valley! B)

Tim don't you have one inside a volcano or something like that in europe? The one that Mike took of you on your way back up.

Yeah, that is the one from the UbeHebe crater in death valley. (Mike took that shot)...I also have the one he took of me at the top of Europe, but I was not holding a Geocaching banner.

I would love to do the hike that they just did! (Now, if I could only find a spare few days!) :laughing:

Tim don't you have one inside a volcano or something like that in europe? The one that Mike took of you on your way back up.

Yeah, that is the one from the UbeHebe crater in death valley. (Mike took that shot)...I also have the one he took of me at the top of Europe, but I was not holding a Geocaching banner.

I would love to do the hike that they just did! (Now, if I could only find a spare few days!) :laughing:

ahh I was combining two different shots :laughing:

Ah! That would be Venona whom annually 'kidnaps' a travel bug (notifying the owners about the game) and then gives us his ransom demands (which always end up being a bunch of puzzles for us to have fun with). Since the holidays are getting closer, I'll bet you he's working out yet another adventure. :rolleyes:

You don't think our pirate is a puzzler and that tin can has the clue - do you? No one would go that low to make us work on this during harvest! :) Anyone look at the back side of the note and did anyone hit it with a black light yet?! :rolleyes:

You would be surprised how many folks DONT care that its harvest!!!! YEEAAARRGGHHHHH. Like techers wanting full blown science reports, and much lesser folks like Edison, gas companies ( we try to share the love between 3 companies so theres not jut one that is PO'D at us......) phone, you name it.

And of course, I choose RIGHT NOW to make a coin.......thats the nutlady way. If it can be made MORE difficult, or MORE stressful, you can count on me!

Hey Nutlady...(I just love your name)......I enjoyed your caches in Hanford and beyond and would love a Nutlady coin...any chance they'll be for sale? r/ j

ps..Is Redwoodcanoe still driving ya all crazy with awesome micros?????

Redwood is my hero. No one else here comes close to his caches. But I try as hard as I can to emulate him!

Plus, to make it WORSE......hes a really nice guy! Arrrggghhhh.....oh sorry pirate day is over.

( Scratching my head now......I have caches in Hanford????? WEll, most likely. But they wouldnt be my better ones)

Must confess, the name didnt come from me! Ive been dubbed that by others now for many years. Gee, I dont know why?

Coin....its a walnut. I wanted to have it minted before someone else took it. Now I think to myself, ya right....like who else would do a walnut? Maybe Green Achers! But I was planning the coin before I joined this forum, and "met" him. ( and better half.....HA! )

But yes, coin for sale. If you buy enough I toss in a kid for FREE! Ill send you the specs I got today.

Well I went out in the rain the other day and replaced a few of my old caches that needed to bre replaced.

THOUGH one I found even though I missed it the first time! HAHAHA

right where it should have been.,

SO they are all being un-archived. (actually already have been)

SO for those of you that are new to the area they are up and running again.

...But yes, coin for sale. If you buy enough I toss in a kid for FREE! Ill send you the specs I got today.

Of the FREE kid?! LOL. Good idea about including one... maybe I'll match that offer. :D

By the way.......Ive tried twice to send an e-mail to green achers, and they are undeliverable? Just thought I would let you know.

Sorry that my 'hotpop.com' account is so poor. I'm switching over to a new provider and will update my Geo-account and even send you an email... I can hardly wait to tell you about my minting a 'nut coin'. :D:D

...But yes, coin for sale. If you buy enough I toss in a kid for FREE! Ill send you the specs I got today.

Of the FREE kid?! LOL. Good idea about including one... maybe I'll match that offer. :D

By the way.......Ive tried twice to send an e-mail to green achers, and they are undeliverable? Just thought I would let you know.

Sorry that my 'hotpop.com' account is so poor. I'm switching over to a new provider and will update my Geo-account and even send you an email... I can hardly wait to tell you about my minting a 'nut coin'. :D:D

So Bill, did you get my email about the dimwit?

69e1f186-c034-4632-8cbf-2db506ceba28.jpg

061a3dc6-a1ae-4390-bb16-7c27b4755eac.jpg

Ted and Rosa have been hiking and caching on the Havasupai Indian Reservation in Arizona. The first picture is a virtual cache called Travertine Pools. The second picture is another nearby waterfall called Navajo Falls. That's Rosa in the yellow top.

WOW. I've done the rafting trip through the Grand Canyon but have wanted to do the Havasupai trip. Did you hike in and out? Or use the helicopter one way? How was the village, still pretty trashy? Or was it cleaned up a bit? Did you spend one night in the village? Was the weather perfect this time of the year?

(GREAT PICTURE BTW!!)

Edited by Photom

Nice. I'll add this to my 'visit, once retired' list. Only 31 more years to go! :o

Hope to see everyone tomorrow! ;)

Bill...Bill....Bill....tsk tsk tsk. You are dreaming as I do. You MUST know, that farmers NEVER retire! They are just out-standing in their fields!

Farming isnt inherited ...it isnt bought....it isnt sold. Its in your blood . You cant help it as much as a mean pit bull cant help attacking. As much as a Bull at a Portuguese festa can not avoid going for the red cape from the mata dor. Its an illness. I have it. I dont see any 12 step program for it either.

And I TOTALLY RESPECT IT!

Sandra.....whoops...nutlady who worked extra late tonight with dreams of running to Atwater in the morn .

By the way, If I DO pull this off, is there a number I can call if I get lost? Im GREAT at getting lost!

Ted and Rosa have been hiking and caching on the Havasupai Indian Reservation in Arizona. The first picture is a virtual cache called Travertine Pools. The second picture is another nearby waterfall called Navajo Falls. That's Rosa in the yellow top.

WOW. I've done the rafting trip through the Grand Canyon but have wanted to do the Havasupai trip. Did you hike in and out? Or use the helicopter one way? How was the village, still pretty trashy? Or was it cleaned up a bit? Did you spend one night in the village? Was the weather perfect this time of the year?

(GREAT PICTURE BTW!!)

We hiked in and took the helicopter out. Best $85 I ever spent! Tourists are only allowed in one small section of the village, so I can't say what the other parts are like, but yes, it is dirty. Many dogs and some horses roam free, but are not a problem. We spent two nights at the village lodge, which was pretty basic but very clean and comfortable. The weather was great. It was cloudy much of the time we were there so didn't get very hot. In fact it rained on us a little on the hike in. I would not want to go there in August due to the heat. There is a small grocery store with basic staples, a small cafe, post office (all mail goes in and out by mule train), school, clinic, fire department. If you or anyone else would like to know more, let me know and I can email additional pictures and/or information. BTW, thanks for the complement on the picture. Coming from you that means alot! --Ted

(GREAT PICTURE BTW!!)

We hiked in and took the helicopter out. Best $85 I ever spent! Tourists are only allowed in one small section of the village, so I can't say what the other parts are like, but yes, it is dirty. Many dogs and some horses roam free, but are not a problem. We spent two nights at the village lodge, which was pretty basic but very clean and comfortable. The weather was great. It was cloudy much of the time we were there so didn't get very hot. In fact it rained on us a little on the hike in. I would not want to go there in August due to the heat. There is a small grocery store with basic staples, a small cafe, post office (all mail goes in and out by mule train), school, clinic, fire department. If you or anyone else would like to know more, let me know and I can email additional pictures and/or information. BTW, thanks for the complement on the picture. Coming from you that means alot! --Ted

Hiked down here and stayed several days when I was a teen with my scout troop. What a great place! Also Had some excellent adventures. Got run over by a horse and knocked though a pile of cactus while heading for the falls to swim. Pulled out about 300 spines, some longer than an inch and some as much as a month later. EXCELLENT! Hiked down to the Colorado from camp (about 20 miles round trip). That's the only time I've seen it from ground level. It's IMPRESSIVE. Hiked out on the last day and decided to hike up to the rim and spend the night near the cars. Got snowed on all night. EXCELLENT! These were great adventures for a teen. I've been wanting to hike down with my wife for years. Knowing there are caches down there clinches it! Hopefully we'll have a few less adventures. Seriously, the falls are not to be missed.

Hey gang,

Did you attend Oktoberfest! In Atwater??

Did you pick up one or more travel bugs?

Now the most important question..... Did you LOG your TB grabs??

(There are still quite a few listed as being there, but I brought home an EMPTY hotel!) :):)

Edited by Photom

Hey gang,

(There are stil quite a few listed as being there, but I brought home an EMPTY hotel!) :unsure::unsure:

I believe that happens at ALL events. I know for a fact that 2 of my travelling California Poppy coins are still sitting int he event in Ripon!! :o:blink:

Hey gang,

(There are stil quite a few listed as being there, but I brought home an EMPTY hotel!) :unsure::unsure:

I believe that happens at ALL events. I know for a fact that 2 of my travelling California Poppy coins are still sitting int he event in Ripon!! :blink::o

I didn't get any coins or TBs (at either event) but I had a fun time! It was a great event everyone! :lol: