Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

HEY..... the site is down! tried looking up the new cache that jsut popped up..... And thought I might go grab it while out placing tag. BUT can't get in to see it!

Yeah...Hurry up and place tag..The engine is still running! :P

And yes, the site has been down off and on all day. :P

Judging from how good Tag was when Tim held on to it last time... I think Kenny's going to out do him. :laughing:

I hear that it is going to be a doozy! I am looking forward to attempting a find! <_<

don't build it up too much.... I wouldn't say it is better than Tim's... in fact not really all that hard at all. I am proud of it BUT it shouldn't prove to be too difficult!

I jsut keep forgetting to take it with me.... I know where I am putting it... just have to get it into my car on my way to Football!!!!

Judging from how good Tag was when Tim held on to it last time... I think Kenny's going to out do him. <_<

I hear that it is going to be a doozy! I am looking forward to attempting a find! :blink:

don't build it up too much.... I wouldn't say it is better than Tim's... in fact not really all that hard at all. I am proud of it BUT it shouldn't prove to be too difficult!

I jsut keep forgetting to take it with me.... I know where I am putting it... just have to get it into my car on my way to Football!!!!

You know, "better than Tim's" is all relative. I was proud of that one as well but I have done other caches that I felt were much better than my creation. R.I.P. Tag was one that comes to mind...Laura's rock was absolutly amazing and evil in more ways than one.

I appreciate the compliment but am looking forward to the "new and improved" Tag! :laughing:

Judging from how good Tag was when Tim held on to it last time... I think Kenny's going to out do him. :laughing:

I hear that it is going to be a doozy! I am looking forward to attempting a find! :laughing:

You know, "better than Tim's" is all relative. I was proud of that one as well but I have done other caches that I felt were much better than my creation. R.I.P. Tag was one that comes to mind...Laura's rock was absolutly amazing and evil in more ways than one.

I appreciate the compliment but am looking forward to the "new and improved" Tag! :laughing:

Ok Tag is out now for all of you

N 37° 40.547 W 120° 56.707

OK it is out there..... Sorry for the delay. Fly on out and grab it!!!!!

Left a micro coin for the next to log and move on also.

What the heck have I missed.

Brute has moved back to Merced?

Can't make up your mind?

Thanks goes out to Brute-Force for this amazing cache and to Krypton for being the catalyst in getting it relocated.

For those of you who have not found it, come on down/up to Merced - it is well worth the trip.

Hello CVC'ers. CreekCrew3 finally checking in on the forum. Guess I've been a "lurker" and not sure I care for that name anymore. The crew has been caching for almost a year now and feel like I kind of know most of you folks from the caches we've been fortunate enough to locate. The "crew" consists of me and my 2 teenage sons, hence the 3. Mrs. CreekCrew just indulges us for now, but can get interested if the expedition includes the bikes or allows the pooch to come along.

Looking forward to the next CVC event,

Steve

Hey Green Achers!

Am I ever gonna get a chance to do "Just Forum You"?!?! :ph34r:

Oh, and (since I posted it in the wrong part of the forum)...

CVC Tag!!! and Cooties! Cache #1 are available!

Congrats to TeamJudd and Sanruft for the FTF on our first cache! :o

I've updated the coordinates, so it should be a little easier now.... Well what do expect from a rookie!?! :)

We're trying to do quality hides, so give us lots of feedback :o

-E&L

Hello CVC'ers. CreekCrew3 finally checking in on the forum. Guess I've been a "lurker" and not sure I care for that name anymore. The crew has been caching for almost a year now and feel like I kind of know most of you folks from the caches we've been fortunate enough to locate. The "crew" consists of me and my 2 teenage sons, hence the 3. Mrs. CreekCrew just indulges us for now, but can get interested if the expedition includes the bikes or allows the pooch to come along.

Steve

Hey Steve! Welcome to the CVC!

And congratulations on shedding the "lurker" skin!! :)

Steve

Hey Hey.... welcome....

Steve

WooHoo! the Crew is posting up. Steve, let's bag that big one this weekend. Maybe we can get TeamPattee to jump on the forum too.

Steve

WooHoo! the Crew is posting up. Steve, let's bag that big one this weekend. Maybe we can get TeamPattee to jump on the forum too.

I love it when you talk like that. :) Welcome lurkers! :D So glad you've joined us.

Steve

Hey there CC3~! Welcome to the forums!

I suspect the next CVC Event is in MAC land - October 7th, "Oktoberfest! In Atwater??" Hope to see you there.

On another subject, the CVC traveling cache "CVC Tag" has been collecting mold in Turlock for the past 7 days... so I guess the Southern raiders will pay a visit in the morning. Sure hope we can find it.

Tag loves to travel and would perhaps like to go on a backpacking trip to a place where he can look down on Half Dome. Yosemite does have a Valley and it is indeed Central in California after all. :laughing::laughing:

Steve

Tag loves to travel and would perhaps like to go on a backpacking trip to a place where he can look down on Half Dome. Yosemite does have a Valley and it is indeed Central in California after all. :laughing::laughing:

:unsure:

Cloud's Rest is the only way to look down on Half Dome... I suggest you leave Tag in an area that meets the rules and take a bottle of oxygen instead, Tom. Besides that, you'll be able to sleep better knowing that you're not setting yourself up as a rule breaker. <_<

The other two things I suggest you take (rather than Tag) are a pair of sneakers which you will only wear around your camp (rather than boots) and binoculars to view the stars. I know Half Dome gives you an amazing show of stars and is best to go during a new moon (because the moon is way too bright in that otherwise Ideal location. If HD is so great, CR will only be better.

I wish I could go. <_<

I saw "Tag" show up in the CreekCrew's playground along Dry Creek not too long ago. How do you tell where it currently is? Forums? or is it posted as a regular cache?

We tackled and conquered Watermark today with Carpodacus, Teampattee, and Sharkzbytes. Well done to Green Acres (Misspelled? sorry) This is a quality craftmanship cache that makes for a fun adventure.

I saw "Tag" show up in the CreekCrew's playground along Dry Creek not too long ago. How do you tell where it currently is? Forums? or is it posted as a regular cache?

Technically it is listed as a mystery cache...

The cache page gets updated as often as Bill can get to updating them... BUT you would look at the latest log entries to see what the altest coordinates are.

Also if you put it on your watchlist you will get emails every time someone posts a find, note, or anything on it. Then you will get email notifications of changes to it.

Cloud's Rest is the only way to look down on Half Dome... I suggest you leave Tag in an area that meets the rules and take a bottle of oxygen instead, Tom. Besides that, you'll be able to sleep better knowing that you're not setting yourself up as a rule breaker. :D

Wow, BOGA - you are so persuasive! It worked. I decided NOT to take Tag on the trip to Cloud's Rest. He seemed so fragile after just hanging around Turlock for so long. (And besides that I don't have him, but I know who does.)

Also, I asked Tag - and he said he'd rather wait and go on a longer trip to the Central Valley of New Hampshire later this month. :):)

And finally, I am quite sure we won't have trouble sleeping at Cloud's Rest after that hike. Nice try. :o

Edited by Photom

We tackled and conquered Watermark today with Carpodacus, Teampattee, and Sharkzbytes. Well done to Green Acres (Misspelled? sorry) This is a quality craftmanship cache that makes for a fun adventure.

Thank you... and it's Achers - as in aches and pains. People most often translate it to Archers (like Robin Hood) and Acres (like a normal farm). :)

Wow, BOGA - you are so persuasive! It worked. I decided NOT to take Tag on the trip to Cloud's Rest. He seemed so fragile after just hanging around Turlock for so long. (And besides that I don't have him, but I know who does.)

Also, I asked Tag - and he said he'd rather wait and go on a longer trip to the Central Valley of New Hampshire later this month. :):D

And finally, I am quite sure we won't have trouble sleeping at Cloud's Rest after that hike. Nice try. :o

Cloud's Rest is almost a round trip day hike! You only have to get to it in one day and then relax. Now if you were turning around and hiking back into the mass problem... then I'd understand sleeping well. :)

Thank you... and it's Achers - as in aches and pains. People most often translate it to Archers (like Robin Hood) and Acres (like a normal farm). :)

Also, I asked Tag - and he said he'd rather wait and go on a longer trip to the Central Valley of New Hampshire later this month. :):D

Cloud's Rest is almost a round trip day hike! You only have to get to it in one day and then relax. Now if you were turning around and hiking back into the mass problem... then I'd understand sleeping well. :)

Did Cloud's Rest earlier this summer (See my profile picture) and I assure you, it's not a casual walk in the woods! Besides there's no teepee material on top! Like CC3 I'd like to get in the tag game one of these days. Bill, awesome job on Watermark! All my future caches will be graded against Stage 2. Most will come up short. Soon as I have enough caches for a top 10, this is on the list. BTW, nearby Fossil Find is also way cool and just as unique. I'm lucky to live around here.

...Watermark! All my future caches will be graded against Stage 2. Most will come up short.

:laughing:Above comments made without compensation.:blink:

So how far is CR from the Half Dome Ladder? Because HD is often visited by day hikers. [Did I mention that I wish I could go?!] ;)

HD is about 4 miles from CR via trail. Shorter if you XC.

You just don't get it! Going to CR on a day hike is like going to a movie, buying your tickets, and then leave without watching the show! Or - for you BOGA - ordering at the McDonalds drive thru - stopping at window 1 to pay, then driving right past window 2 without picking up your food!

You go to Cloud's Rest to witness the awesome sunset, and take loads of pictures. Then have a nice warm beverage (hot chocolate), watch the starts for a while, followed by a good night's sleep in the cool night air. Then wake up before sunrise and capture another awesome set of images.

It's kinda like caching in a way - would you rather do 30 light poles in a day - or 2 or 3 like "National Treasure?" And BTW - there really is a virtual cache at CR! :);)

...Watermark! All my future caches will be graded against Stage 2. Most will come up short.

:laughing:Above comments made without compensation.:blink:

So how far is CR from the Half Dome Ladder? Because HD is often visited by day hikers. [Did I mention that I wish I could go?!] ;)

HD is about 4 miles from CR via trail. Shorter if you XC.

You just don't get it! Going to CR on a day hike is like going to a movie, buying your tickets, and then leave without watching the show! Or - for you BOGA - ordering at the McDonalds drive thru - stopping at window 1 to pay, then driving right past window 2 without picking up your food!

You go to Cloud's Rest to witness the awesome sunset, and take loads of pictures. Then have a nice warm beverage (hot chocolate), watch the starts for a while, followed by a good night's sleep in the cool night air. Then wake up before sunrise and capture another awesome set of images.

It's kinda like caching in a way - would you rather do 30 light poles in a day - or 2 or 3 like "National Treasure?" And BTW - there really is a virtual cache at CR! :);)

Please don't remind me about the (word deleted) virtuals! I did both CR and HD this summer without realizing they had virtuals until later. Find my picture in the dictionary next to the word IDIOT!

We went to retrieve a travel bug today that made its way from Arizona to Oakdale in about a year ad a half. (It's goal was to reach us). Anyway, DavidT&fisherwoman were kind enough to bring it close enough for us to retrieve yesterday, but once we arrived at the cache location (which we have done in the past so we knew where it was), we found a campbell soup can with the following note attached: "Captain Johnny Campbell World Famous Geo Pirate: Plunder #372, T.B. Kills 218"

So needless to say, this coward has stolen a cache, all its contents and the traavel bugs included. :laughing: The TB wasn't worth anything so it was no big loss for us, but what a schmuck!

Last I knew, Pirates were not cowardly and would face their foes...This person is more of a weasel than a pirate. (Although I wish he had the courage to face me face-to-face!)

I will post a picture of his note shortly.

Nothing ticks me off more than to read someone's being a jerk/kill joy. I agree... I'd like to meet the coward! :blink: I hope someone has brought this to the attention of our approvers! :laughing:

Is this the first time we've seen this here? I've never heard of this sort of thing before but I haven't been around that long. I guess the guy has got to be a member so he can read coordinates. That narrows it down to what, between 30,000 and 100,000 people? Of course he'd have to work pretty hard to be more than simple annoyance. If I find out who he is I'll turn off his cable (assuming he's not stealing it)!

Turn out his lights while you're at it. :D Our approvers (Krypton and Nomex) are the contacts to report a rat! In searching for the fool, I find no one claiming to be this jerk. Pritty sad life to go around hiding and alianating yourself when joining the group would have been so much more fun.

There is a registered cacher in New Mexico who goes by the name Geo Pirate. Curiously, his cache page shows no caches, no pictures, no forum posts, though he has been a member since 2004. Probably not the guy, but interesting.

Turn out his lights while you're at it. :D Our approvers (Krypton and Nomex) are the contacts to report a rat! In searching for the fool, I find no one claiming to be this jerk. Pritty sad life to go around hiding and alianating yourself when joining the group would have been so much more fun.

I will send a note to both Krypton and Nomex in the morining. :D

I will send a note to both Krypton and Nomex in the morining. :D

What a low life.

Just want everyone to know, by the way, that I set out Tag tonight, down here in Merced. I do not think it will be going to Cloud's Rest, but who knows?

I sent both Krypton and Nomex all of the information I had, although I am not sure what they can do about it.

If indeed, this person is the same geo-coward from New Mexico, I can only wonder how many in this local area will be hit.

Oh well...Not much we can do about it. Unfortunately, you find jerks in just about every hobby or sport. :D

I sent both Krypton and Nomex all of the information I had, although I am not sure what they can do about it.

If indeed, this person is the same geo-coward from New Mexico, I can only wonder how many in this local area will be hit.

Oh well...Not much we can do about it. Unfortunately, you find jerks in just about every hobby or sport. :D

Always gotta be someone ruining it for the rest of us.

we found a campbell soup can with the following note attached: "Captain Johnny Campbell World Famous Geo Pirate: Plunder #372, T.B. Kills 218"

So needless to say, this coward has stolen a cache, all its contents and the traavel bugs included. :tired: The TB wasn't worth anything so it was no big loss for us, but what a schmuck!

Last I knew, Pirates were not cowardly and would face their foes...This person is more of a weasel than a pirate. (Although I wish he had the courage to face me face-to-face!)

:laughing::rolleyes::mellow:

What a jerk @ff!!!! I haven't been around long enough to know if this happens a lot in the area? Is there any pattern on where he strikes?

Have you thought about posting in the main forums to see if any one else has had the same thing happen to them?

I will keep a eye out for the jerk's antics now!!

Sorry about your TB

Tracy

We went to retrieve a travel bug today that made its way from Arizona to Oakdale in about a year ad a half. (It's goal was to reach us). Anyway, DavidT&fisherwoman were kind enough to bring it close enough for us to retrieve yesterday, but once we arrived at the cache location (which we have done in the past so we knew where it was), we found a campbell soup can with the following note attached: "Captain Johnny Campbell World Famous Geo Pirate: Plunder #372, T.B. Kills 218"

So needless to say, this coward has stolen a cache, all its contents and the traavel bugs included. :laughing: The TB wasn't worth anything so it was no big loss for us, but what a schmuck!

Hello all,

When I first read the above quote, I thought it was refering to High Tech Cache (GCKEW4). A very similar description was posted on this page on Aug 29. This was our first cache to find & I had just made a trip there several days before this log to discover the TB's & Geocoin. Now, I wish I would have retreived all of them.

I have some questions regarding the CVC tag. I was delighted to find that it traveled to Merced yesterday, so I picked it up today. Does the tag get changed at each event it goes to? or does it just change when someone gets creative?

Is there any rule about where it gets placed? I found it within about 90 to 100 feet from an existing micro (which I couldn't find); I don't plan on placing it close to an existing cache unless I get feedback really quickly.

Can't imagine taking this tag up to Cloud's Rest or Half Dome. BTW: When I was 17, several of my friends and I started at Happy Isles and did HD then CR and back to valley (20 miles). Oh yeah, in one day.

Hope the pirate is uncovered!!

CentralCArn

Edited by CentralCArn

Hello all,

When I first read the above quote, I thought it was refering to High Tech Cache (GCKEW4). A very similar description was posted on this page on Aug 29. This was our first cache to find & I had just made a trip there several days before this log to discover the TB's & Geocoin. Now, I wish I would have retreived all of them.

I have some questions regarding the CVC tag. I was delighted to find that it traveled to Merced yesterday, so I picked it up today. Does the tag get changed at each event it goes to? or does it just change when someone gets creative?

Is there any rule about where it gets placed? I found it within about 90 to 100 feet from an existing micro (which I couldn't find); I don't plan on placing it close to an existing cache unless I get feedback really quickly.

Can't imagine taking this tag up to Cloud's Rest or Half Dome. BTW: When I was 17, several of my friends and I started at Happy Isles and did HD then CR and back to valley (20 miles). Oh yeah, in one day.

Hope the pirate is uncovered!!

CentralCArn

as far as changing tag it happens every so often. usually when someone get's creative.

If you plan on changing it please let me know as I would love to have tha current state that I created back. :-)

All the rules are on TAG's page itself. (and with the likes of Photom and JPD and a few of the other merced group) it is open to interpretation.

not too many rules other than don't take it out of the central valley (without bringing it back)

The most important rule is to have fun with it

CentralCArn

I'm hardly an expert on Tag, but I have managed to have him in my care a few (brief) times. Tag gets changed when it gets damaged or when someone gets creative and/or is feeling just plain evil! :laughing: When I first saw tag he was a tree limb, last time I saw him he was a cd case. :mellow:

Feel free to travel north to the Stockton area to place him away from those misguided soles in your area who would take tag to Half Dome, Cloud's rest, China, Europe, etc. :rolleyes: He certainly doesn't need to be placed near another cache, but he is kind of exempt (since he moves all the time) from the normal rule that you can't place two caches close together.

Welcome to CVC by the way. The Rosa half of "Ted and Rosa" is also a CArn. :tired: