Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

Hey Nutlady, jpd43 here! Welcome! You may remember we met a while back in Fresno. Welcome to the fun and debauchery! by the way, I haven't been back to check, is your mother's day 10 in place?

I went to check on it today. If I was not the hider, I would never look for this persons cache again!!!!!!

First off, I picked the ONLY place in the dry riverbed that stays wet all year long thanks to a leaky well hidden behind the trees. THAT water causes the weeds there to grow to extraordinary heights and lushness, where the rest were all dead long, long ago. Because of said lushness, one does not see the water ......one FEELS the water as it rushes into your shoes while you grope blindly through the ear high weeds with stalks that you could take a chainsaw too. When cache was placed.....there WAS water in the riverbed, so I took off my shoes and waded over. I ASSumed that when the river ran dry so would this ONE spot where I placed the cache. I ASSume alot of things when caching. Often, it makes me an fool. ( you thought I would write a**, didnt you! Tsk tsk tsk )

Thats about when you feel the need to itch. Uncontrollably, and everywhere your skin is uncovered. For me, wearing things, shorts, and a tank top with SHORT hair, thats alot of skin. Slightly less then a bikini. I dont know who or what the enemy is, but hes there with a vengeance unparalleled.

I dont care, I WANT MY FISH BACK! I spent alot of time making the cache and setting it up only to never be found. ;)

But in the end, the tree won. I guess the weight of that fish was too much for it to bear so it fell over.

As I was thinking of a replacement, the farmer showed up and offered that the "road" going across river bed was private. I didnt know you could own a riverbed, but Im only a poor nutfarmer. Cant even afford sand.

Ive taken 3 baths with various liquids.....the beer was fun, but I couldnt drink it. Ended up with Diesel, cause my brother in all his wisdom sais that will cure any skin ailment.........maybe thats why we are poor.....Im still itching like crazy.

So why didnt you guys find the cache again? Petty excuses, I bet! :)

Wow, NOMEX came through again. From submission to publication in just a couple hours!! And that's including time for me to fix something I messed up.

It's another cache for the GIRLS RULE crowd - a puzzle. Dedicated to the gals, it's called DINGBAT.

Well, in spite of the rude comment above, the girls rule again!! ;):);)

Wow, NOMEX came through again. From submission to publication in just a couple hours!! And that's including time for me to fix something I messed up.

It's another cache for the GIRLS RULE crowd - a puzzle. Dedicated to the gals, it's called DINGBAT.

Well, in spite of the rude comment above, the girls rule again!! ;):);)

HUH??? You said, " but he touched it first.

What rude comment?? :o:)

Well, in spite of the rude comment above, the girls rule again!! ;);):)

LOL! Congrats on the FTF for this one...We solved the puzzle but won't be in the area to find it for awhile.

It was a fun puzzle cache though! :)

Oh wait, I see the score on PLAYFAIR is now Girls 5 and Boys 7. What's with that?? ;):)

As per tradition with these puzzle caches, the clue included a mistake.

For those keeping records, it doesn't matter now how many men find PLAYFAIR. The first 5 finders were all women (while you men scratched your heads in silence). Furthermore, more than one male finder admitted having had some female assistance.

I don't understand how Photom counts! There have been 5 female finders on Play Fair plus those two old ladies; that makes 7. And there have been only 6 male finders.

And NutLady, don't believe a word they say about me. Sheesh, you turn your back on this forum for a few weeks and you get maligned and abused!

See what she said guys..... she turned her back on us. Wonder what we did to deserve that?!?!?!?!?!

Oh wait, I see the score on PLAYFAIR is now Girls 5 and Boys 7. What's with that?? ;):)

As per tradition with these puzzle caches, the clue included a mistake.

For those keeping records, it doesn't matter now how many men find PLAYFAIR. The first 5 finders were all women (while you men scratched your heads in silence). Furthermore, more than one male finder admitted having had some female assistance.

LOL! My wife said to me last night: "How are they counting these numbers?? The female half of Sanruft solved this puzzle so it should count as a girl find!"...

So if Sanruft was included in the male count, I'm afraid that this one should go to the girls side as she was the one who did the majority of the work. (I did assist her though) :) (Just trying to "Play Fair") :o

BUT, Tom's latest puzzle cache was solved by the male side of Sanruft this time. We found out though, that 2fer was not playing nicely! (Which Tom can explain at the upcoming event!!) ;) I wonder if it was Bev??

"We found out though, that 2fer was not playing nicely! (Which Tom can explain at the upcoming event!!) :laughing: I wonder if it was Bev??"

:wub: I'm crushed! :wub:

LOL! Crushed...Shocked....Does, "We were going to leave the number missing so that others would have a harder time solving the puzzle" ring any bells?? LOL!! :rolleyes::ph34r::huh:

That's ok Bev, we like to have the same kind of fun at times.

I don't understand how Photom counts! There have been 5 female finders on Play Fair plus those two old ladies; that makes 7. And there have been only 6 male finders.

And NutLady, don't believe a word they say about me. Sheesh, you turn your back on this forum for a few weeks and you get maligned and abused!

Hey TSL, speaking of being maligned and abused, are you coming to the Ripon coffee shindig this Saturday?

Green Achers archived National Treasure - Ripon (Archived) (Unknown Cache) at 8/22/2006

Log Date: 8/22/2006

Went out tonight to get this cache back into working order and found way too many problems.

HUH - NO No NO

Ya. I'm bummed too. Everything was just messed up and I don't have the time to put it all back together. Even my loaner tool was muggled! :blink:

I do plan to put another National Treasure out but will need to do a bunch of leg work. :blink:

Green Achers archived National Treasure - Ripon (Archived) (Unknown Cache) at 8/22/2006

Log Date: 8/22/2006

Went out tonight to get this cache back into working order and found way too many problems.

HUH - NO No NO

Ya. I'm bummed too. Everything was just messed up and I don't have the time to put it all back together. Even my loaner tool was muggled! :blink:

I do plan to put another National Treasure out but will need to do a bunch of leg work. :huh:

I read that last night and was bummed as well. What a great cache...Sorry to see it go. :)

Hey all,

Well, we officially live here now. We are going on our 3rd week this Saturday. I am really out of the loop on this forum. We don't have DSL as it's not in our area yet but they are giving us free dial-up in the interim. It's slow but better than nothing. We are so busy still unpacking and organizing that I haven't had time to cache. I just might do some tomorrow night to take a quick break.

I know there is the event cache this Saturday. I have to go to the site and grab the info. I really want to attend however I am very shy. I don't go to things by myself and my family well are not into caching like me. Once I know you, I become less shy but it takes awhile. I guess I am telling you all this so if I do show up you all don't think bad of me if I don't talk. Can I bring anything? I know it's a coffee thing so would it be terrible of me if I brought a treat to share with everyone to have with their coffee? Not sure how that would go over on some.

Photom...I saw your web site with your photography and WOW! Jaw dropping beautiful work. I envy photographers like yourself with so much talent.

Sanruft...I was told by some geocachers in the South Bay that you have a great series of caches along a path in Modesto? Could you please tell me the name so that I can put that on my list?

What is this "tag" thing I am reading about? Can someone clue me in on this please?

I hope to see you all there on Saturday.

Hey all,

Well, we officially live here now. We are going on our 3rd week this Saturday. I am really out of the loop on this forum. We don't have DSL as it's not in our area yet but they are giving us free dial-up in the interim. It's slow but better than nothing. We are so busy still unpacking and organizing that I haven't had time to cache. I just might do some tomorrow night to take a quick break.

I know there is the event cache this Saturday. I have to go to the site and grab the info. I really want to attend however I am very shy. I don't go to things by myself and my family well are not into caching like me. Once I know you, I become less shy but it takes awhile. I guess I am telling you all this so if I do show up you all don't think bad of me if I don't talk. Can I bring anything? I know it's a coffee thing so would it be terrible of me if I brought a treat to share with everyone to have with their coffee? Not sure how that would go over on some.

Photom...I saw your web site with your photography and WOW! Jaw dropping beautiful work. I envy photographers like yourself with so much talent.

Sanruft...I was told by some geocachers in the South Bay that you have a great series of caches along a path in Modesto? Could you please tell me the name so that I can put that on my list?

What is this "tag" thing I am reading about? Can someone clue me in on this please?

Don't worry there will be plenty of cachers at the event on Saturday like Photom, the 2 fers, BOGA, Sanruft, and That stockton Lady (and probably myself) doing enough of the talking to make it so that no one would even notice if you COULDN'T get a word in edgewise! :wub:

As for Sanruft's trail they are an excellent group of caches. If you start your checking at Start or Finish 1 you can figure out which direction the rest of them in the trail go. I believe a few of them have been archived now though.

And as far as TAG! goes. it is a traveling cache. That stays in our CVC area.... (generally from Merced to Stockton) and often changes forms. Also you gotta be QUICK fo find TAG! as it moves quickly some times. (though sometimes it stays for a few days or so.)

Hey all,

Howdy WolfGrrl!

Don't worry about being shy around people...I am that way too! :D Ok, maybe not shy but I am absolutly certain that you will be made to feel very welcome at the event. Everyone in this area is VERY friendly, and I am proud to be asociated with this group from Merced to Lodi. So please don't worry about being shy. You will have a good time.

With regards to a treat, Bill (GreenAchers or BOGA as he is called in MAAC land) is probably the best one to answer that.

The "trail" you asked about doesn't have a single name, so I have posted each cache along the route below. There are so many great caches in this area, you really can't go wrong no matter which direction the needle points you in. Please feel free to contact us should you need any assistance or clues.

Here are the caches along the trail:

Stubby Stubbles

Branch Office

Quarter Mile Record

Start or Finish 1

Tower of Power

Just another Altoids tin

Border Line

"Tag" is a moving cache. These caches are no longer allowed but this one was grandfathered in. The cache itself moves from location to location, and also can "morph" every now and again. It's original boundries were to stay within Stanislaus County but it has now been widened to a range from (about) Lodi to Merced, and Livermore to Sonora. Outrageous Fortunes, Photom, JPD43, Radikel and 2fortheRoad have widened the range even further by taking Tag to China, Europe, and other places, but Tom and Doug were tar and feathered for that. It was all in good fun and very fun to read about. :D I would encourage you to try and find Tag and move him to another location...Just remember to leave a teepee of some kind at the spot you found him to let others know that he is no longer there and will be placed again soon. Here is a link to CVC Tag:

CVC Tag

He hasn't been found in over a week so now is a very good time. I guarantee he wioll be found before the event so you may want to strike quickly! :(

Again, we are glad to have you a part of the CVC!

<snip>

<snip>

Wolfgrrl,

Awww - thanks for your kind comments on my web site and pictures. It's nice to get good feedback now and then.

I know someone has already described CVC Tag to you and gave you the link. Tim (Sanruft) also mentioned it "morphs" now and then. So - that made me realize some of the different "containers" Tag has had:

Sticks, logs, stones (large and small, including one that glowed in the dark), a cowpie, a snail shell, a roadside cross, an electrical box, a cd case, a Chinese beer can, and ...... what else guys and gals?

One special rule for tag is that it must be hidden "in plain sight." Another is that you must put a teepee in the spot you find it when you move it along. And you are only supposed to keep it 3 days max before hiding it.

Then there's some who think the rule that says "keep Tag in the Central Valley" excludes Central Valleys of Europe, China, etc.

Hope you make it Saturday!

:laughing::laughing:

OK...I think I'm clueless, what is a teepee? I know what one is in the Native American sense but what is it in this case?

Thank you everyone on your help for nearby caches, the welcome and the info on tag. I will have to get there on Saturday and meet you all. I took note and will have to look at all those. I did manage to grab 2 caches tonight. The others had too many muggles around. :laughing:

OK...I think I'm clueless, what is a teepee? I know what one is in the Native American sense but what is it in this case?

Thank you everyone on your help for nearby caches, the welcome and the info on tag. I will have to get there on Saturday and meet you all. I took note and will have to look at all those. I did manage to grab 2 caches tonight. The others had too many muggles around. ;)

Well - a teepee is indeed a miniature American Indian style teepee. We normally just take 3 or 4 sticks, twigs, or something and stand them up. But there was one "unusual" tee pee a while back.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...2b-beeff0d7c3b9

The teepee is just a visual indicator so that someone else doesn't waste time looking for a cache that is gone. :o:)

Thank you everyone on your help for nearby caches, the welcome and the info on tag. I will have to get there on Saturday and meet you all. I took note and will have to look at all those. I did manage to grab 2 caches tonight. The others had too many muggles around. :o

I usually bring a few toothpicks and a rubberband when searchiing for Tag...It makes a quick and easy teepee.

So does anyone have any suggestions for caches near Sorensen's? We enjoy hiking. Maybe 3 miles max?

Hope valley south of junction,-- hot springs, get on northside lst,== and snowshoe thompson cabin Also virtual on top of the pass. :laughing::laughing:

Edited by jerryw38

Man, I'm away for a few days and everyone gets yaky. :o

Can I bring anything? I know it's a coffee thing so would it be terrible of me if I brought a treat to share with everyone to have with their coffee? Not sure how that would go over on some.

The gathering place sells drinks and things to eat with coffee. No obligations to buy anything but since you'd like to bring something... how about some stories, something to write with, your GPSr, etc. You just never know what may happen at a CVC Gathering. :laughing::):D:laughing::laughing: Follow?!

Man, I'm away for a few days and everyone gets yaky. :rolleyes:

Can I bring anything? I know it's a coffee thing so would it be terrible of me if I brought a treat to share with everyone to have with their coffee? Not sure how that would go over on some.

The gathering place sells drinks and things to eat with coffee. No obligations to buy anything but since you'd like to bring something... how about some stories, something to write with, your GPSr, etc. You just never know what may happen at a CVC Gathering. :huh::huh::huh:;):rolleyes: Follow?!

That's right! You just never know. I went to one where a perfectly innocent, handsome young fellow was tarred and feathered! (Oh yeah Photom ws htere too). B)

That's right! You just never know. I went to one where a perfectly innocent, handsome young fellow was tarred and feathered! (Oh yeah Photom ws htere too). :huh:

Who you callin' young? :huh: It's not like that tar was hot or anything. :huh:

Ops. Got to run. I smell coffee!!

[ :rolleyes: CVC/MAC Members are now wondering if the farmer is at home on the computer or mobile using the Treo for this log. :rolleyes: ]

Yeah, Bill, we need to log a DNF! :(

It goes without say that it's my total pleasure to help you file a DNF! :anibad: I've got it approved now so feel free to spill your guts. :rolleyes:

----

Wolfgrrl, It was like wise great o meet to yesterday too. Your a wonderful addition to CVC and I hope we'll regret arming you with that cammo box. ;)

----

I got an email from Fallen today... He's (akem) alive and well.

70546_300.jpg

Wolfgrrl, It was like wise great o meet to yesterday too. Your a wonderful addition to CVC and I hope we'll regret arming you with that cammo box. :(

Wolfgrrl: You wouldn't know it from his post, but Bill is actually a very intelligent guy. :rolleyes: The ignorant farmer routine is just his disguise! :anibad:

Also, how did we miss you at the get-together? Rosa and I were there from 9 till 11 but we didn't connect. Sorry about that. I'm glad you met some of the other characters anyway. ;)

Wolfgrrl: You wouldn't know it from his post, but Bill is actually a very intelligent guy. :rolleyes: The ignorant farmer routine is just his disguise! :anibad:

Also, how did we miss you at the get-together? Rosa and I were there from 9 till 11 but we didn't connect. Sorry about that. I'm glad you met some of the other characters anyway. :(

Oh, ya? Then why did I leave the event and go home to do more farm work rather than go Geocaching (which is what I really wanted to do)? Does that sound like someone with any intelligence? ;):(

Ted and Rosa where standing in the S/E Corner and Kim was standing at the counter to the North of the sign in.

I understand that in spite of my little error with the micro-cachers event... they had fun anyway. It turns out a Geo-Nut Coin in the middle of a large grassy area is just a little too tuff for the little ones. Ops! Next event I'm involved in will boast fun activities for those under three feet tall. ;)

Wolfgrrl: You wouldn't know it from his post, but Bill is actually a very intelligent guy. :) The ignorant farmer routine is just his disguise! :)

Also, how did we miss you at the get-together? Rosa and I were there from 9 till 11 but we didn't connect. Sorry about that. I'm glad you met some of the other characters anyway. :)

Oh, ya? Then why did I leave the event and go home to do more farm work rather than go Geocaching (which is what I really wanted to do)? Does that sound like someone with any intelligence? :P:)

Ted and Rosa where standing in the S/E Corner and Kim was standing at the counter to the North of the sign in.

I understand that in spite of my little error with the micro-cachers event... they had fun anyway. It turns out a Geo-Nut Coin in the middle of a large grassy area is just a little too tuff for the little ones. Ops! Next event I'm involved in will boast fun activities for those under three feet tall. :)

Heck the harder it is the more fin some of them have!!! I'll jsut remember to arm my kids with a metal detector when they are coming to an event you are holding! HAHA

Trying out this forum for the first time. Most of my computer experience involves making things work for others so not too sure about this. Anyway, if this posts OK, I wanted to thank Green Achers and all/any others who organized the CVC gathering this last weekend. Sure met a lot of nice people! Thanks to all for many tips and good advice.

Trying out this forum for the first time. Most of my computer experience involves making things work for others so not too sure about this. Anyway, if this posts OK, I wanted to thank Green Achers and all/any others who organized the CVC gathering this last weekend. Sure met a lot of nice people! Thanks to all for many tips and good advice.

Welcome to the nuthouse we refer to as the CVC forums!!!!!!! Glad to have met you the other day!

Hey Tim! It was very nice to have met you over the wekend! Looks like you have the hang of this forum now, so we expect to see you here more often! :P

Wolfgrrl: You wouldn't know it from his post, but Bill is actually a very intelligent guy. :P The ignorant farmer routine is just his disguise! :)

Also, how did we miss you at the get-together? Rosa and I were there from 9 till 11 but we didn't connect. Sorry about that. I'm glad you met some of the other characters anyway. :)

I understand that in spite of my little error with the micro-cachers event... they had fun anyway. It turns out a Geo-Nut Coin in the middle of a large grassy area is just a little too tuff for the little ones. Ops! Next event I'm involved in will boast fun activities for those under three feet tall. :)

Our kids had a ball and the "little error" did not derail their fun one bit. Thanks for thinking of the younger ones! :)