Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

Just archived another cache. Now that there is a log selection that allows reporting of a caches condition, it seems so many can't wait to get home to tell the tale. Gee, I remember everyone taking time to help other with other peoples caches. I can't remember how many times I've replaced containers and logs to save another cacher a trip out for maintanance. Now, it's just go home and report. Maybe I'm just getting over cynical but it is just one more resaon for me to lose so much more interest in the sport...

I think that there might be alot of new people doing this sport and are not sure what to do. I know Now I take extra paper and baggies with me so If I find soaked logs. But I know the first few I saw I did not know what to do and I raced home and loged my finds without giving it a second thought to help out the owner of the cache.

I think that there might be alot of new people doing this sport and are not sure what to do. I know Now I take extra paper and baggies with me so If I find soaked logs. But I know the first few I saw I did not know what to do and I raced home and loged my finds without giving it a second thought to help out the owner of the cache.

We can't save them all, every time but every time you improve a failing cache, you've made Geocaching a better adventure for others. Keep doing your best and it will pay off! :D

OK. I was looking at becoming a premium member but I do not have any kind of pda. are the premium members caches worth pay for the membership? Greg

Depends. What GPSr do you use? If it's one that can accept digital gpx files, premium membership is well worth the $20 annual fee. Pocket queries are great. :D

I have the Garmin Vista. I am so new to this I am really not sure if I have this feture. And it is telling me 30.00 a year greg

We have the Garmin Vista C as well and love it...I was like you in the beginning and unsure if I wanted to spend the money on a premium membership. It wasn't the amount, just that I was unsure of the staying power geocaching would have on our families activities...Well, 3 years later and it is still a favorite pasttime.

Being able to send pocket queries alone is worth the money, plus the other benefits previously mentioned. I guess the most reqrding part is that we are helping keep this alive (and growing) by supporting the upkeep of servers, programming, etc...

So in my opinion, it is definitely worth paying for the premium membership.

I pay my $30.00 per year... I have only had time for about 20-30 caches this eyar (if even that) And probably no more than 10 more this year BUT it is worth it to help keep the sport alive let alone the ease of getting the PQs and eing able to NOT HAVE TO TYPE THEM IN ONE BY ONE!!!!!!! I remember carrying around a binder with cache pages printer out and typing them in one by one before Bill showed Tim and I the paperless thingy. Then went out and spent some money on a PDA to go paperless completely which makes it even more worthy it.

Yes, Paperless is a major improvement. When you add up the price of the membership and a PDA, it's way cheeper than the total of Paper, Ink, Printing, Time Researching, Down loading time... And there are many people around to help make it work for you too.

-----

Anyway, who made that picture of me and Tom having dress ups? Was it Ms. Chief (aka, OF)?? And I've always been so kind to her. :o

One of the CVC (and Geocaching) founders, GeorgeandMary was known to use grass folded in half to sign caches logs now and then. Other CVC Cachers have been known to pull a good story to protect a cache from muggles. Now we have a combo...

Introducing, sharkzbyte

Saturday, August 12, 2006

sharkzbyte found Dew A Water Dance (Traditional Cache)

Found it! Had to ask Muggles for a pen, told them I was an inspector, checking the structural integrity!

:D:):D:P:):D:grin:

WELCOME TO CVC!

I almost went out there this morning to find this one then thought there would be to many people out there playing today. My son loves the water there

Maybe you're spouse will enjoy it at night... They light it up and only turn it off after late (anyone know the turn off time?). There's no muggles at night so you need to bring your own pen! :(

Edited by Green Achers

Oddly, that looks remarkably like the picture posted on the Fair Play Code cache where a couple of new ladies have found it and had their pictures posted. :D:D:D

You mean these ladies Doug?

fbcc850b-f7c8-4730-87ba-66c918e2743e.jpg

This is just wrong... <_< Those are not my shoes! :D

Are you sure? Maybe you borrowed them from the other lady? Maybe from yaksalot. Does it really matter who took the picture and posted it? Afterall the camera doesn't lie! :D:unsure:

Howdy CVC!

Have to admit I'm a lurker on the regional forum, and yes tag is on my watchlist. (wow you are all so quick to grab him!)

Any way- I have a Green Jeep I am going to release Wednesday late afternoon in the area of Milgeo and Murphy <_<

I'd like to see the locals have fun with it before someone snaps it up and keeps it on their bookcase!

So if you are too imaptient to wait till the CVC event in a few weeks to possibly get a Green Jeep........

Happy Hunting,

Tracy

Howdy CVC!

Have to admit I'm a lurker on the regional forum, and yes tag is on my watchlist. (wow you are all so quick to grab him!)

Any way- I have a Green Jeep I am going to release Wednesday late afternoon in the area of Milgeo and Murphy :huh:

I'd like to see the locals have fun with it before someone snaps it up and keeps it on their bookcase!

So if you are too imaptient to wait till the CVC event in a few weeks to possibly get a Green Jeep........

Happy Hunting,

Tracy

Welcome Tracy! Oakdale is without a doubt - CVC land so it's great to have another person in CVC. I hope you'll be able to join us in two weeks for coffee and laughs at the CVC (MAC) Coffee and Jeep Parking Gathering. It will be a blast and maybe you'll get a second Jeep to go stash.

Speaking of Tag... I see it was forced out of bounds again. :huh: Perhaps someone needs their drivers license suspended for a while. :ph34r:

Howdy CVC!

Any way- I have a Green Jeep I am going to release Wednesday late afternoon in the area of Milgeo and Murphy :laughing:

Happy Hunting,

Tracy

Welcome Tracy! Yep, Oakdale is in CVC land. (I have a couple of caches placed there).

Hope to see you at the event! :rolleyes:

Hello everyone. Just thought I would stop on in and say hello. Everything is going well out here in Missouri. I've been keeping an eye on you guys, and also watching Tag. You'll never know when I might just show up and grab the little dude. Talk to you later.

You'll never know when I might just show up and grab the little dude. Talk to you later.

Well, since the TAG container constantly changes, maybe I'll make it out of a tiny round green container that I once showed you and hide it on a bridge. That'll stop ya! lol.

The Lil' Green One Returns... I dare you! :ph34r: In fact, make it a cache and have it ready before the Gathering on the 26th. ;)

Hey Pat and Jaimee. As nasty as some of the Tag-tainers have been, I wouldn't count on a drive up grab these days. Think in the terms of difficulty as compared to Oak Say Can You See? ;):P:P

HmmmmmI dont quite have the hang of these forums yet....But I fell into this discussion somehow. Im not a member of the CVC, but I do live in the central valley, does that count?

Just wanted to join in on the fun here if I may so humbily ask permission......

Welcome Nutlady! No permission is needed. All that is required is a sense of humor here. We always love new voices. Just a heads up to watch out for Photom, JPD43 and Outrageous Fortunes. They have trouble playing nicely with others. :tired::anitongue:

Again enjoy yourself and welcome to the CVC.

There is an upcoming CVC event that you may wish to attend:

CVC (MAC) Coffee and Jeep Parking

Mrs. Sanruft

P.S. By the way, since you live in the Central Valley....You are a member!

Edited by Sanruft

HmmmmmI dont quite have the hang of these forums yet....But I fell into this discussion somehow. Im not a member of the CVC, but I do live in the central valley, does that count?

Welcome NutLady.... I must agree with Mrs. Sanruft above..... And with a name like NUTlady you should fit in just fine with this group of misfits!!!!! :D:D

Welcome aboard. Ohh and for the membership just send a check to my attention for your $200.00 a month fees... :ph34r::D:lol: (just kidding of course.)

Hope to see you at the upcoming event.

:edited because it took me 3 attempts to get this all spelled correctly!!! :D :

Edited by Camel680

Hey Nutlady,

Don't believe those characters. They think MERCED is too far South to be in the CVC - as much as I try to train them. Since you are way further south, they will most likely think you are an alien for sure.

I don't know how I get that reputation either - wasn't I nice when I cached with you a few weeks back? Seems like we helped each other very nicely to me. And the nuts you gave me we wonderful to boot.

Please do attend the Ripon event - or even the one closer "Oktoberfest! In Atwater" on October 7th.

Once again.... WELCOME!! :ph34r::lol:

Greetings and welcome. You do write with a Southern twang but then Photom already pointed out your likely allegiance. :ph34r: He also corrupted one of the good Northern CVC folk and brainwashed him into moving South as well. I can only warn you about chatting with him. :lol:

Glad you've joined us and looking forward to hearing the root of your wonderful Geo-name. I'm nuts about nuts.

Edited by Green Achers

Hey Nutlady, jpd43 here! Welcome! You may remember we met a while back in Fresno. Welcome to the fun and debauchery! by the way, I haven't been back to check, is your mother's day 10 in place?

You have to watch those folks just south of Modesto. They do not play fair at all. I am sure it will not take brute very long to fit right in with those guys. See he even picked up his Cache and moved it too. :D:lol::D:ph34r: I am sure it will be up in Merced soon. That is not one to miss if your ever in his area. I see he is still also impostering as he is from Manteca still on his posts. :D Welcome to the forum..... Happy Caching, Greg

Edited by Nascar Fam

Welcome Nutlady! No permission is needed. All that is required is a sense of humor here. We always love new voices. Just a heads up to watch out for Photom, JPD43 and Outrageous Fortunes. They have trouble playing nicely with others. :ph34r::lol:

Mrs. Sanruft

HEY! Watch ou tfor jpd43, Photom & OF?!!!!!!!! What's up with that? WE PLAY VERY WELL WITH OTHERS! Lots of others, all over the world!

See he even picked up his Cache and moved it too. :D:lol::D:ph34r: I am sure it will be up in Merced soon. That is not one to miss if your ever in his area.

Not likely to happen. Many are going to miss out on the very best cache I ever placed. My only LARGE cache placement too. I've moved it too far and have been told I have to archive it. :D:D Apparently moving it that far "just isn't done". I wonder how long it would take me to slide it down this way by changing the coords on it a tenth of a mile at a time? :D Worse comes to worse, I'll just make a new cache page up for it. I do have that option. Seems silly as nothing would be different about it except the town that it's in. Next to a sidewalk here is just the same as next to a sidewalk there.

Manteca? Hmm. I thought I changed that. And the locals here will have no effect on me. After all, I really was here before any of them were. I'm only back where I belong. :D

Welcome Nutlady! No permission is needed. All that is required is a sense of humor here. We always love new voices. Just a heads up to watch out for Photom, JPD43 and Outrageous Fortunes. They have trouble playing nicely with others. :ph34r::ph34r:

Mrs. Sanruft

Thanks for the invite and the heads up on Photom, JPD43, and OF. Actually, I recognized the first two and thats why I stuck my head in the door.

As far as the event goes, I will be Attending a Dry Creek Geocachers event on the same day. ( IF I CAN GET UP SO DERNED EARLY! )

nutlady

Hey Nutlady, jpd43 here! Welcome! You may remember we met a while back in Fresno. Welcome to the fun and debauchery! by the way, I haven't been back to check, is your mother's day 10 in place?

Good question. I still have to check! Seems all I do lately is run around checking on my caches. AARRRRGGGGHHHH. I should have just placed one in front of my house! Oh wait, I did. Plus 176 others..... :ph34r:

Greetings and welcome. You do write with a Southern twang but then Photom already pointed out your likely allegiance. :ph34r: He also corrupted one of the good Northern CVC folk and brainwashed him into moving South as well. I can only warn you about chatting with him. ;)

Glad you've joined us and looking forward to hearing the root of your wonderful Geo-name. I'm nuts about nuts.

Shoot, its a funny thing when you just start and want to sign on, but dont know what your "handle" will be. I tried a few and then said the heck with it, Ill just be the ( stupid name) nutlady, since thats what I am called on my German groups. Wouldnt you know, THAT one wasnt taken? GOSH GOLLY! I would have thunk folks would be all over themselves to have such a name!

You just never know...... :ph34r:

I WANTED to be Nussknacker. Some dude in Austria with 3 finds has that name. I wrote to him asking if he was still active, cause I wanted that name, but I think he fell off the alps or somthing. Probably while looking for a 5 star cache on top of matterhorn. If I find him Im logging it as a smilie. I also bet he doesnt have a shelling plant......nussknacker=nutcracker. Maybe he has a hammer though.....you know, I ought to stop dissing him, I might be passing up a great beer opportunity here......yeah, im sure hes a SWELL GUY!!!! ( pst..... I like Weizen.....)

Im called the nutlady JUST BECAUSE I have a walnut tree or two. Go figure! Though some figure its cause I have 5 kids.......

See he even picked up his Cache and moved it too. :ph34r::ph34r:;):P I am sure it will be up in Merced soon. That is not one to miss if your ever in his area.

Not likely to happen. Many are going to miss out on the very best cache I ever placed. My only LARGE cache placement too. I've moved it too far and have been told I have to archive it. :D:D Apparently moving it that far "just isn't done". I wonder how long it would take me to slide it down this way by changing the coords on it a tenth of a mile at a time? :D Worse comes to worse, I'll just make a new cache page up for it. I do have that option. Seems silly as nothing would be different about it except the town that it's in. Next to a sidewalk here is just the same as next to a sidewalk there.

Manteca? Hmm. I thought I changed that. And the locals here will have no effect on me. After all, I really was here before any of them were. I'm only back where I belong. :)

NO way that cache is going away forever. Even if I have to go to Brute's house and STEAL IT!!

It is a classic that should "set the standard" in several ways. I'd like to suggest one of our reviewers find the cache (if they haven't) - then they will realize the experience for THIS cache would be the same no matter where it sits.

:):D

Hey Nutlady,

Don't believe those characters. They think MERCED is too far South to be in the CVC - as much as I try to train them. Since you are way further south, they will most likely think you are an alien for sure.

I don't know how I get that reputation either - wasn't I nice when I cached with you a few weeks back? Seems like we helped each other very nicely to me. And the nuts you gave me we wonderful to boot.

Please do attend the Ripon event - or even the one closer "Oktoberfest! In Atwater" on October 7th.

Once again.... WELCOME!! :ph34r::ph34r:

All right.......you "guys " need to know that it is CRUEL and inhumane to host a "oktoberfest" event on oct 7th.

First of all, I havent beem back to Germany for 3 years, so the word alone makes my beer glands salivate.

And MORE importantly.....its a nutlady rule that no geocaching events are held during walnut harvest! SHEESH! I thought that was a well known rule! Guess I need to talk to Jeremy!

OTOH, I would be open to an event at my house, I have loads of rakes! FUN for everyone and plenty of tent room under the trees! AFTER we harvest them, of course, otherwise its abit bumpy!

[Gasp] What could have happened to this Travel Bug?

Muggles?

Bear Attack?

Angry Crowd?

Police Bomb Squad?

YEAH! You should see my house! I THOUGHT that photo looked familiar! Thanks for the laugh! ( but Im not laughing about the house......hopefully it will make it a few more years....)

YEAH! You should see my house! I THOUGHT that photo looked familiar! Thanks for the laugh! ( but Im not laughing about the house......hopefully it will make it a few more years....)

Hang in there. We just never realized what you were up against. BTW, I'm sure nuttoddler will be a smash/hit at the Coffee Gathering next Saturday! We'll set up crews of baby sitters. :laughing:

Just archived another cache. Now that there is a log selection that allows reporting of a caches condition, it seems so many can't wait to get home to tell the tale. Gee, I remember everyone taking time to help other with other peoples caches. I can't remember how many times I've replaced containers and logs to save another cacher a trip out for maintanance. Now, it's just go home and report. Maybe I'm just getting over cynical but it is just one more resaon for me to lose so much more interest in the sport...

Shoot, I know what you mean! I got two of these posts today, and both were from the FTF-er!!!!!!! One was because the cache wasnt found. But I STILL repair, replace, repaint, relog, whatever it is I deem necessary on others caches. Just a person I wont do that to locally, cause my existance seems to tick him/her off.

Guess we all have a few like that? The SUPERIOR ones? They are the ones that suck the fun out of it for me.

Greetings and welcome. You do write with a Southern twang but then Photom already pointed out your likely allegiance. :shocked: He also corrupted one of the good Northern CVC folk and brainwashed him into moving South as well. I can only warn you about chatting with him. :huh:

For the record... here is what Wikipedia - a well respected source- says about California's CENTRAL VALLEY:

"These counties are commonly associated with the Central Valley:

North Sacramento Valley (Shasta, Tehama, Glenn, Butte, Colusa)

Sacramento Metro (Sacramento, El Dorado, Sutter, Yuba, Yolo, Placer)

North San Joaquin (San Joaquin, Stanislaus, Merced)

South San Joaquin (Madera, Fresno, Kings, Tulare, Kern)

About 5.7 million people live in the Central Valley today."

Why has BOGA changed the definition to just San Joaquin and Stanislaus?? :unsure::blink:

Wow, NOMEX came through again. From submission to publication in just a couple hours!! And that's including time for me to fix something I messed up.

It's another cache for the GIRLS RULE crowd - a puzzle. Dedicated to the gals, it's called DINGBAT.

Oh wait, I see the score on PLAYFAIR is now Girls 5 and Boys 7. What's with that?? :huh:;)