Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

Ya!! But since the posted coordinates where off the edge... that was expected. The important thing here is someone took the time to create a puzzle so it had to be solved. That's almost a rule!

Now where am I going to get enough safety rope in case I do fall off the earth while going after this cache?! <_<

Save this date... August 26, 2006 starting at 9AM and ending by noonish. It's time for a CVC (that includes MAC) Coffee Gathering.

I'm submitting the gathering now and have a verbal approval and commitment to launch out GJTB's. You really won't want to miss this event so mark you calenders now!

It is already approved and posted!! (Nomex strikes fast again!) <_< We will be there and bringing some newbies!

Hey all,

Well, we went to our new home yesterday and stayed the night. We painted a few rooms today. I did manage to grab one cache last night..."Right on the Bullseye". I did some shopping and knew where it had to be. Managed to grab it without muggles around. I haven't logged it yet but I will. I'm slightly behind on my logging. It was nice to grab a cache in my new area. We move Saturday and I can't wait. I am officially tired of fast food and want to cook our own meals.

A HUGE THANKS to all of you that offered suggestions and warm welcomes. It's so nice of all of you! I'm looking into your suggestions for soccer and what not. In fact, last night eating at Round Table our daughter noticed some girl with soccer attire and got real sad because she thinks she is missing out on the season. I promised her I would check into it quickly for her. Too cute.

I've been eyeing a spot in my front yard for a cache. I will be placing that one soon after I get settled. Oh...I also bought some cache containers and look very forward to inundating the area. That August 26th date...is that going to be published as an "event cache" or is it a "unevent"?

Thanks again all! <_<

Way to go Tom. Aren't you glad I talked you though those hard ones?! LOL

Uhhh, you mean like the time you helped JPD43 and me find "Black Box?"

(You know - the one we had to go back and get the next weekend.)

Or do you mean the one you helped me find by getting busted and moving the cache to another spot to avoid the authorities? (That would be Master of Disguise IV.)

Actually Bill, you have been a great help a few times! (My fingers are crossed.)

But I am very surprised you "solved" Playfair without mentioning the call to Yosemite..... :laughing::laughing:

But I am very surprised you "solved" Playfair without mentioning the call to Yosemite..... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

What? Bill got help?? :laughing:

I'm proud to say that Rad and I worked it out by ourselves and were FTF!!! :laughing:

Oh yeah, "Girls Rule, cheating Boys Drool!!!"

Uhhh, you mean like the time you helped JPD43 and me find "Black Box?"

(You know - the one we had to go back and get the next weekend.)

Or do you mean the one you helped me find by getting busted and moving the cache to another spot to avoid the authorities? (That would be Master of Disguise IV.)

Actually Bill, you have been a great help a few times! (My fingers are crossed.)

But I am very surprised you "solved" Playfair without mentioning the call to Yosemite..... :laughing::laughing:

Well. There's that. And I said I was sorry about that little itty bitty UTM mistake. Hey! In farming, we never us UTM. (At least I don't!) :rolleyes:

Hey CVC....

We where looking into the Geowood Stock for 07. Any one from around here been to one? and if so what can you tell us about it?

Thanks....

Welcome back Geo Bandits... I can't even begin to say how glad I am to see you (at this moment). :rolleyes: Never been to a GW but have heard rumblings about one in the Northern Cal area. I'm not sure that it was any more than talk.

From what I understand, those are huge numbers (finds) events. I personally am more interested in the adventure (which explains in part my low amount of finds).

Looks like only Kenny was chomping on the bit for my code cache so I dropped it over in Livermore. Feel free to solve it and if anyone's feeling left out, I'd be delighted to do another over here. :)B) Tom?!

You mean me?? Well, I'm headed out to Emeryville for a couple days of caching, but I will take a peek at your devious puzzle! Livermore is fine - I get over that way every now and then.

BOGA, BTW - did you accept the tossed glove (challenge) for next weekend??? That will be a FUN TIME! B):D

...BOGA, BTW - did you accept the tossed glove (challenge) for next weekend??? That will be a FUN TIME! :DB)

While I agree it's going to be a fun time... I can't promise that I get to play that weekend. I'm still hoping to adventure way down south to pick up that last puzzle I solved. Just waiting for the right time. :)

It works just fine for us Macintosh users! :)B) Perhaps it's a virus or worse! :D

Ok thanks. every other page works find it is just when I click on a specific name and that page takes forever to come up. will have to go through and see if I have something running to make it slow. Thanks.

...it is just when I click on a specific name and that page takes forever to come up...

Share the URL and we'll look into it. It could be a overly large/detailed picture or have some bad codes that need a lot of extra thinking for your computer. Did you try it with a second browser? Try it without loading images?

-----------

Congratulations to Tom for being the first CVC member to confirm the solution for my latest code cache. He solved it (without help) after KG GeoCachers logged their FTF but no one else has indicated victory. Way to go Tom! ;)

anyone having problems with the Geocaching site when you go to a specific one to look at info for it? It is taking me forever to load that page. Just asking... Greg

I sent two querie's about two hours ago and still have not got them sent back to me? ;) Last week it took over night to have them sent to me!!! In the past they where sent to you real quick and had no wait time. This sucks......

Well I looked high and low for this with my son and Mike from macfamily showed up Nice to meet another cacher. We all looked and came up with nothing. Hopefully it is not in merced now. Greg

Don't give-up Nascarfam...CVC Tag can be very difficult as you have no idea what you are searching for, and it changes frequently.

I did everyone a favor and relocated Tag today. Hope you don't if everyone watches while you hunt it. :rolleyes::lol::ph34r::anitongue::anitongue::laughing:

Oh SURE. You knew I was driving through the area today and yet you waited until afterwards to post the coords. Tag BELONGS in Merced!! :lol::P:ph34r:

ummm....I think not! :ph34r:

I know. I'm no good at taking pictures... and I just noticed a bad hold on the camera to boot. :P Sorry folks. B)

Oddly, that looks remarkably like the picture posted on the Fair Play Code cache where a couple of new ladies have found it and had their pictures posted. :P:PB)

[Happy Photom? B)

Well. Many of us know how much Tag likes to travel and also attend events. So - YES! I am happy for CVC Tag. It's always good to keep him away from the convicted tag-abuse farmer. Maybe he will get to meet some new cachers in Monterey! :P:P

well crud I guess i just did not look long enough and did not have a chance today to get over there. It got dark on me last night. Well maybe I might have to make a trip to merced now. Brute did you put out that wonderful cache yet. took my brother out the other day for his first inconter with this hobby and he found your master of disquises one. with a little help from me and loved it. think he is buying a gps this week...

[Happy Photom? :P

Well. Many of us know how much Tag likes to travel and also attend events. So - YES! I am happy for CVC Tag. It's always good to keep him away from the convicted tag-abuse farmer. Maybe he will get to meet some new cachers in Monterey! :P:P

You must LOVE wearing that tar and feather hat...May as well keep the hat on Tom! B)

Oddly, that looks remarkably like the picture posted on the Fair Play Code cache where a couple of new ladies have found it and had their pictures posted. :laughing::)<_<

You mean these ladies Doug?

fbcc850b-f7c8-4730-87ba-66c918e2743e.jpg

That is the most fitting picture I have ever seen! LOL!!! Excellent job!!! :blink::D:D

OK. I was looking at becoming a premium member but I do not have any kind of pda. are the premium members caches worth pay for the membership? Greg

Depends. What GPSr do you use? If it's one that can accept digital gpx files, premium membership is well worth the $20 annual fee. Pocket queries are great. :laughing:

OK. I was looking at becoming a premium member but I do not have any kind of pda. are the premium members caches worth pay for the membership? Greg

Depends. What GPSr do you use? If it's one that can accept digital gpx files, premium membership is well worth the $20 annual fee. Pocket queries are great. :laughing:

I have the Garmin Vista. I am so new to this I am really not sure if I have this feture. And it is telling me 30.00 a year greg

Edited by Nascar Fam

I have the Garmin Vista. I am so new to this I am really not sure if I have this feture. And it is telling me 30.00 a year greg

Oops, sorry, it is $30 per year.

I'm not familiar with the Vista, but a quick search indicates that at least some models can download data using a USB port. Perhaps a Vista user will jump in here.

You could try a one-month membership or getting a gpx file from another premium member to test how things work.

Downloading hundreds of waypoints is certainly much miore convenient than keying them in. ;);)