Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

hmmm...All the hoopla about not placing Tag in a timely manner, but yet, only one person tries to find him right away?? :D

I figured Tom or Doug would have been all over it by now! It's not like Tag to sit for four days without moving! :D

OK! Doug now has Tag in his capable hands. Since Tim did such a MASTERFUL job on the new container, it will stay as is for a long while I hope. I now fully appreciate how long it took for this one as it is truly ingenious. Hats off to Tim and I promise to have this back in play very soon. For those of you who want to search, it will be in the MAC LAND (Merced/Atwater area). I will try to get this out there today (Sunday), IF I can get permission from my spousal unit. YEAH YEAH alll you guys can give me grief about it, but she indulges my need for geocaching normally 1 day per week, so a second day (when I should be helping her around the house and such) is not a "gimme". Again, many thanks to TIM for a really neat container, we should all be proud to be in cahoots with such a family as sanruft, mrssanruft & family.

hmmm...All the hoopla about not placing Tag in a timely manner, but yet, only one person tries to find him right away?? :D

I figured Tom or Doug would have been all over it by now! It's not like Tag to sit for four days without moving! :D

OK! Doug now has Tag in his capable hands. Since Tim did such a MASTERFUL job on the new container, it will stay as is for a long while I hope. I now fully appreciate how long it took for this one as it is truly ingenious. Hats off to Tim and I promise to have this back in play very soon. For those of you who want to search, it will be in the MAC LAND (Merced/Atwater area). I will try to get this out there today (Sunday), IF I can get permission from my spousal unit. YEAH YEAH alll you guys can give me grief about it, but she indulges my need for geocaching normally 1 day per week, so a second day (when I should be helping her around the house and such) is not a "gimme". Again, many thanks to TIM for a really neat container, we should all be proud to be in cahoots with such a family as sanruft, mrssanruft & family.

OK, as promised, Tag is back in play, go get 'em.

I figured Tom or Doug would have been all over it by now! It's not like Tag to sit for four days without moving! :)

Thanks Doug...We appreciate the kind words!

It was fun creating it though! :D

Perhaps Doug and Tom should spend a little less time kissing up and focus a little more effort to finding the Big Swining Thing. :) Yep, read it and weep. The old farmer beat the dynamic dual!

Some of us are too smart to go out in this heat; apparently some are not smart enough to stay inside. Oh, yeah I know - that's called "farming."

Bill, instead of bragging about finding one before Doug and I did, why not get a team together to COMPETE ONE ON ONE with our team at : http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...mp;Submit6=Find

Challenge accepted? :):(

Good show Tom. This looks like a blast! The hard parts are going to be getting the free time and finding someone that will team up with me... Hold on. I think the Fizzy Phone is ringing!

Uhhh. Was that an acceptance of the tossing of the gauntlet? So it will be you and fizzy versus

the amazing MAC team of KENNAB4C, SWTJO2000, JPD43 and Photom - with CLU5150 as our coach?

You two guys will be looking for places to go farming. For nuts. And goats. And we will be playing the real game. Want to give up now?? :DB)

You two guys will be looking for places to go farming. For nuts. And goats. And we will be playing the real game. Want to give up now?? :DB)

Tell me again how you think FizzyMagic has any farming KIA (knowledge/interest/abilities)? It must be the 'magic' because it couldn't be the 'physics'.

I can't say if that's going to be a play day... but I wouldn't get my hopes up. I'm just saying it sounds fun. But then again, all play days sound fun.

Doesn't it feel nice to only be 103 degrees today?! It's almost refreshing! :)

I know I'm off topic here but I'm trying to figure out how the posting's and what not work in this forum. On thegba.net is easier for me. I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Wolf Grrl and I am moving to the Central Valley on August 5th and have heard great things about the caches in the Central Valley. Any favs out there? I've been addicted since 2004. :D

How does one become a member of the Central Valley Cachers?

I know I'm off topic here but I'm trying to figure out how the posting's and what not work in this forum. On thegba.net is easier for me. I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Wolf Grrl and I am moving to the Central Valley on August 5th and have heard great things about the caches in the Central Valley. Any favs out there? I've been addicted since 2004. :D

Welcome Wolf Grrl! :)

1) You can't be off topic because there is no topic in this forum. It's kind of like Seinfeld. It doesn't have any plot or direction.

2) How to become a member? If you live between Lodi and Merced you're in! B)

3) Favorite caches: Hmm... Magnetic tour of Stockton, National Treasure, A Toast for Marky and Joanie, Master of Disguise III, The knowledge tree, the Brookside trail caches, to name a few, and of course CVC tag! :)

I know I'm off topic here but I'm trying to figure out how the posting's and what not work in this forum. On thegba.net is easier for me. I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Wolf Grrl and I am moving to the Central Valley on August 5th and have heard great things about the caches in the Central Valley. Any favs out there? I've been addicted since 2004. :)

Welcome to our Humble Abode Wolf Grrl........ To join this group you must send me a check for $200.00............. err I mean..... umm..... :):DB) No cost... no application just join us and feel welcome.

We could go on for days with our faqvorite Central Valley caches.

National trreasure, Watermark, Blooming Cache, Nothing but Flashlights.... Here is my full list Bookmark for CVC

Again welcome and make yourself at home.

Edited by Camel680

I know I'm off topic here but I'm trying to figure out how the posting's and what not work in this forum. On thegba.net is easier for me. I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Wolf Grrl and I am moving to the Central Valley on August 5th and have heard great things about the caches in the Central Valley. Any favs out there? I've been addicted since 2004. :)

Welcome WolfGrrl! There are a lot of creative caches in the Central Valley...Just "fire-up" the GPS and follow the needle! :)

Another great thing about being a part of the CVC group is the endless supply of help you will receive. I have found the group of cachers in the CVC area to be helpful, very friendly and a lot of fun. Those in the Merced area like to refer to themselves as the MAC group (Merced Area Cachers), but we still think of them as part of our CVC family! B)

Again, welcome to the CVC!

I know I'm off topic here but I'm trying to figure out how the posting's and what not work in this forum. On thegba.net is easier for me. I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Wolf Grrl and I am moving to the Central Valley on August 5th and have heard great things about the caches in the Central Valley. Any favs out there? I've been addicted since 2004. :P

Welcome WolfGrrl! There are a lot of creative caches in the Central Valley...Just "fire-up" the GPS and follow the needle! :ph34r:

Another great thing about being a part of the CVC group is the endless supply of help you will receive. I have found the group of cachers in the CVC area to be helpful, very friendly and a lot of fun. Those in the Merced area like to refer to themselves as the MAC group (Merced Area Cachers), but we still think of them as part of our CVC family! :P

Hey there WolfGrrl! Welcome. We're so glad to hear about your arrival.

I guess you're getting the inital intro from the charactors around here. One word of advise... don't talk to nor trust any of the ladies around here. They're very sneaky and some times they beat us to caches or otherwise solve puzzle caches that they guys just haven't gotten around to yet because they're all working all day long. The only exception to this is that I wouldn't trust the guys to the South (aka MAC) either. They hold kangaroo-courts for really minor Geo-Rules being broken. I'm sure all this will be quickly confirmed as soon as I post this. :blink:

As far as fun caches... I think you'll have you're hands full around here. I hope you like puzzles and adventures too because there's a few of those too. Feel free to contact any of us guys as you need help. B)

Welcome.

I know I'm off topic here but I'm trying to figure out how the posting's and what not work in this forum. On thegba.net is easier for me. I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Wolf Grrl and I am moving to the Central Valley on August 5th and have heard great things about the caches in the Central Valley. Any favs out there? I've been addicted since 2004. B)

Welcome WolfGrrl! There are a lot of creative caches in the Central Valley...Just "fire-up" the GPS and follow the needle! :P

Another great thing about being a part of the CVC group is the endless supply of help you will receive. I have found the group of cachers in the CVC area to be helpful, very friendly and a lot of fun. Those in the Merced area like to refer to themselves as the MAC group (Merced Area Cachers), but we still think of them as part of our CVC family! :P

Hey there WolfGrrl! Welcome. We're so glad to hear about your arrival.

I guess you're getting the inital intro from the charactors around here. One word of advise... don't talk to nor trust any of the ladies around here. They're very sneaky and some times they beat us to caches or otherwise solve puzzle caches that they guys just haven't gotten around to yet because they're all working all day long. The only exception to this is that I wouldn't trust the guys to the South (aka MAC) either. They hold kangaroo-courts for really minor Geo-Rules being broken. I'm sure all this will be quickly confirmed as soon as I post this. :blink:

As far as fun caches... I think you'll have you're hands full around here. I hope you like puzzles and adventures too because there's a few of those too. Feel free to contact any of us guys as you need help. B)

Welcome.

Hey WolfGrrl,

Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. There is just ONE RULE to remember - NEVER TRUST Bill of Green Achers (aka BOGA) as he is a convicted felon. We of MAC land held a legitimate court with a real circuit judge that found him guilty of abuse of a young cache - CVC Tag. No only he ran over the cache's father with his huge pick-em-up truck, but he also hid the poor tag in a CowPie where it suffocated.

Someone just said, "Those in the Merced area like to refer to themselves as the MAC group (Merced Area Cachers), but we still think of them as part of our CVC family! :ph34r:

There is a reason we don't consider our area as a "full" part of the CVC. That is the CVC Tag cache IS NOT ALLOWED to come to Merced!! The OWNER of that cacyhe (the same BOGA) defines CVC as Stanislaus and San Joaquin Counties.

Finally - the MAC group is planning another EVENT Cache in early October, probably October 7th. It will feature an Oktoberfest theme. Hope we can meet you in person.

Once again - WELCOME to CVC!! :):)

Welcome Wolf Grrl,

As one of the ladies of the CVC, MAC to be specific, I am here to caution you NOT TO TRUST ANY OF THE GUYS, especially BOGA, Photom and Sanruft! They are sneaky and evil. :blink:

And BOGA is only whining about puzzle caches because "Girls rule; boys drool!" :P

PS What part of the CVC area will you be moving into?

Welcome Wolf Grrl,

As one of the ladies of the CVC, MAC to be specific, I am here to caution you NOT TO TRUST ANY OF THE GUYS, especially BOGA, Photom and Sanruft! They are sneaky and evil. :P

And BOGA is only whining about puzzle caches because "Girls rule; boys drool!" :ph34r:

LOL! How did I get dragged into this??!! I can understand Photom and JPD43 as both have been convicted of kidnapping CVC Tag and tar and feathered, and yes, BOGA was framed at a MAC event so his record is slightly tainted...But I have been an upstanding member of the CVC community!! B)

But considering the source...Well, 2 for the road have been known to sssttttrrreeettttccchhhh things a bit much in the past. (They just haven't been put on trial yet!!) :P:blink:

Either way Wolfgrrl...You should have a great time caching here! (There is never a dull moment!) :)

THANK YOU all CVC! I really appreciate the warm welcome I am receiving. I am looking forward to caching over in my new area and meeting all of you. A little about me:

I am married with one daughter who just turned 9 years old. We lived in Morgan Hill so most of the caches I own are there. Aside from geocaching (I know, I know), I enjoy cycling (in fact I've ridden the Riverbank Ride twice), photography (take hundreds of pictures every month), camping/hiking, and volunteering. I volunteer for MS and I ride 100 miles for diabetes. Of course the obvious, spending time with my family. They are awesome! We have one dog Aussie/Border Collie mix named Roadie (a cyclist nickname), our daughter has a cat (Siamese mix) named Cloud and a Beta fish named Ornament. We're thinking once we're settled about adopting another dog. Our dog is spoiled so bad he doesn't realize he is a dog...he's my boy. He often caches with me. My daughter plays softball (which I've coached), soccer, and jujitsu. She will be going into the 4th grade and reads well into high school level books. She's so not me! My husband is a Quality Engineer with a medical device company and looks forward to his commute on the ACE train. :P

We actually take possession of our new home in Riverbank on July 31st. We will move everything on August 5th. I of course will be busy organizing and unpacking while the hubby works. My husband Judd loves to make caches but comes with me without complaining if I ask him to. My 9 year old daughter also will come without complaining. She can take a few finds but then gets bored. I often go out by myself. I am an insomniac so I do quite a bit of urban caching at night. My best friend (a caching pusher) introduced me to this addiction...oops I mean activity. My caching activity slowed down this year as we were busy preparing our house for sale, then it went on the market, then we were gone every weekend from April to mid-July, our house sold in June, we moved into our friends house, then bought, and looking forward to making the final move next week. Phew! :blink: Once I'm settled the caching will be more frequent. Oh yeah...I got reeled into the coin collecting craze!

I am hoping to HOST an EVENT cache soon. I was going to solicit help from my local cachers here in the Bay Area that have put them on before. Does anyone have any suggestions? I can at least start to plan it.

Thanks again for the welcome!

Since you've stated there is no real topic, I'm hoping to get some help here. If this is bad etiquette, please let me know as I don't wish to start off on the wrong foot here.

Being new to the area (Riverbank), I don't know where to go for certain things. Ok ladies, where is a good place for pedicures and hair? What good restaurants are there? I'm not talking Black Angus & Chili's as I know their menus well. I mean restaurants that I won't find every where else. Boys, where is a good barber? My husband sports a classic flat-top. Any good local wineries (other than Gallo)? We enjoy wine tasting too.

Oh that also brings me to sports. I've checked every where online and can't seem to find softball and soccer leagues. Does anyone know or do they have local leagues? Not YMCA associated. We are looking for a little more serious (but fun) leagues. Our daughter has been playing since she was 5.

Anything else any of you can think of that would be valuable information for a newbie I would surely appreciate it.

THANKS! :blink:

What good restaurants are there?

The dinner mystery train out of Oakdale (next to the Hershey visitor's center).

The Hershey Visitor's center.

Most any mexican foods.

The Modesto Baker's Square has an old waitress that's a real kick. We've seen her take orders from three tables of 4 guests at the same time (jumping back and forth rather than any sequence) and she didn't mess up anyone's order... and she doesn't write anything! It's a major memory challenge.

Near Mickey Grove Park/Zoo in Lodi, there's Porterville (Chicken Restraunt) with a real goat town. It's been in movies and recently used politic'n as they made a TV plug.

Boys, where is a good barber?

:unsure: Ahem... Doug?!? :lol:

Any good local wineries (other than Gallo)? We enjoy wine tasting too.

Livermore and Lodi.

Oh that also brings me to sports. I've checked every where online and can't seem to find softball and soccer leagues. Does anyone know or do they have local leagues? Not YMCA associated. We are looking for a little more serious (but fun) leagues. Our daughter has been playing since she was 5.

They're not the great about getting the word out, but we have softball for young girls. Contact the schools (or any Realtor). My girls (14 and 16) have been playing for many years and it's word of mouth that we find out about the dates each year. Maybe that's also because we homeschool.

We've never seen too many kids playing soccer but $ATM$ plays in an adult mixed league.

Welcome Wolf Grrl,

As one of the ladies of the CVC, MAC to be specific, I am here to caution you NOT TO TRUST ANY OF THE GUYS, especially BOGA, Photom and Sanruft! They are sneaky and evil. :unsure:

And BOGA is only whining about puzzle caches because "Girls rule; boys drool!" :lol:

Wolf Grrl, If you're going to hang around people like this... you're going to need a Passport and a Teflon suit. These are the types of cachers I was trying to warn you about.

Torrii's in Modesto (near the Riverbank side of town) is a great restaurant. It is a Japanese steak house, similar to a Beni-Hana's, but much better. There are a lot of new restaurants in the downtown area of Modesto that are good as well. Just walk in any direction and you will run into several. Galletto's is a nice one and is owned by the Gallo family.

- For softball, you may want to try Rainbow Fields...It is right on the border between Modesto and Riverbank, on the corner of Claus and Claribel. It is a multiplex softball complex and we have played there many times. i am sure that they will have organized leqagues. The City of Modesto also offers leagues, but I am not as familiar with them.

With regards to soccer, MYSA is the main league in Modesto and Riverbank. They have approximatelky 4000 kids playing in their league and is usually pretty well organized. MYSA stands for Modesto Youth Soccer Association, and they are located on Lakewood Avenue, right on the corner shopping center at Briggsmore Ave in Modesto. (East side of town) They have competitive leagues as well as rec-only leagues. I coached there for 7 years and will probably start again this year.

Anything else any of you can think of that would be valuable information for a newbie I would surely appreciate it.
- Since you have children, you may wish to try a cache about 40 minutes south of Riverbank called Wild America. The cache itself is just an average cache placement, but what you find there is unique and interesting. And being that you are into photography, you will DEFINITELY want to bring a camera with you. (Along with some apples and carrots)...You can feed the zebra's water buffalo, and many other exotic animals that reside on that farm. They come right to the fence.

Speaking of photography, Photom (Tom) is our resident expert. Hios photos are amazing and he is very helpful to boot. I am into amateur photography and he has opffered his assistance on many occassions. You should check out his work on his profile.

ENJOY!

Edited by Sanruft
- Since you have children, you may wish to try a cache about 40 minutes south of Riverbank called Wild America. The cache itself is just an average cache placement, but what you find there is unique and interesting. And being that you are into photography, you will DEFINITELY want to bring a camera with you. (Along with some apples and carrots)...You can feed the zebra's water buffalo, and many other exotic animals that reside on that farm. They come right to the fence.

Speaking of photography, Photom (Tom) is our resident expert. Hios photos are amazing and he is very helpful to boot. I am into amateur photography and he has opffered his assistance on many occassions. You should check out his work on his profile.

ENJOY!

I enjoyed that cache (Wild America). It's on a farm too, so how could you go bad?! BTW, you know al those 'Buffalo Jerky' stands along the roads... The old Manteca Buffalo herd is gone and they leveled the owners house for a new developement. That's progress for ya'. :unsure:

Make sure you take your husband to hunt Dew A Water Dance between sundown and 11pm (when the water goes to sleep). It's fun to sit there and watch the water show.

4a8bce25-0be1-4264-8c0b-0a6ff6ef1e19.jpg

THANK YOU all CVC! I really appreciate the warm welcome I am receiving. I am looking forward to caching over in my new area and meeting all of you. A little about me:

I am married with one daughter who just turned 9 years old. We lived in Morgan Hill so most of the caches I own are there. Aside from geocaching (I know, I know), I enjoy cycling (in fact I've ridden the Riverbank Ride twice), photography (take hundreds of pictures every month), camping/hiking, and volunteering. I volunteer for MS and I ride 100 miles for diabetes. Of course the obvious, spending time with my family. They are awesome! We have one dog Aussie/Border Collie mix named Roadie (a cyclist nickname), our daughter has a cat (Siamese mix) named Cloud and a Beta fish named Ornament. We're thinking once we're settled about adopting another dog. Our dog is spoiled so bad he doesn't realize he is a dog...he's my boy. He often caches with me. My daughter plays softball (which I've coached), soccer, and jujitsu. She will be going into the 4th grade and reads well into high school level books. She's so not me! My husband is a Quality Engineer with a medical device company and looks forward to his commute on the ACE train. :lol:

We actually take possession of our new home in Riverbank on July 31st. We will move everything on August 5th. I of course will be busy organizing and unpacking while the hubby works. My husband Judd loves to make caches but comes with me without complaining if I ask him to. My 9 year old daughter also will come without complaining. She can take a few finds but then gets bored. I often go out by myself. I am an insomniac so I do quite a bit of urban caching at night. My best friend (a caching pusher) introduced me to this addiction...oops I mean activity. My caching activity slowed down this year as we were busy preparing our house for sale, then it went on the market, then we were gone every weekend from April to mid-July, our house sold in June, we moved into our friends house, then bought, and looking forward to making the final move next week. Phew! :unsure: Once I'm settled the caching will be more frequent. Oh yeah...I got reeled into the coin collecting craze!

I am hoping to HOST an EVENT cache soon. I was going to solicit help from my local cachers here in the Bay Area that have put them on before. Does anyone have any suggestions? I can at least start to plan it.

Come up to Lodi U can cache and drink all of the wine that you want. There are a few caches here that will keep u busy for a few days (LOL). I have over 150 in thus area. We have a great county Park "Micke Grove" and it has 5 caches inside of it. Great museum and zoo. We held an event there in April and hope to have another there next April. If I can be any help in Lodi let me know

I am married with one daughter who just turned 9 years old. We lived in Morgan Hill so most of the caches I own are there. Aside from geocaching (I know, I know), I enjoy cycling (in fact I've ridden the Riverbank Ride twice), photography (take hundreds of pictures every month), camping/hiking, and volunteering. I volunteer for MS and I ride 100 miles for diabetes. Of course the obvious, spending time with my family. They are awesome! We have one dog Aussie/Border Collie mix named Roadie (a cyclist nickname), our daughter has a cat (Siamese mix) named Cloud and a Beta fish named Ornament. We're thinking once we're settled about adopting another dog. Our dog is spoiled so bad he doesn't realize he is a dog...he's my boy. He often caches with me. My daughter plays softball (which I've coached), soccer, and jujitsu. She will be going into the 4th grade and reads well into high school level books. She's so not me! My husband is a Quality Engineer with a medical device company and looks forward to his commute on the ACE train. :lol:

We actually take possession of our new home in Riverbank on July 31st. We will move everything on August 5th. I of course will be busy organizing and unpacking while the hubby works. My husband Judd loves to make caches but comes with me without complaining if I ask him to. My 9 year old daughter also will come without complaining. She can take a few finds but then gets bored. I often go out by myself. I am an insomniac so I do quite a bit of urban caching at night. My best friend (a caching pusher) introduced me to this addiction...oops I mean activity. My caching activity slowed down this year as we were busy preparing our house for sale, then it went on the market, then we were gone every weekend from April to mid-July, our house sold in June, we moved into our friends house, then bought, and looking forward to making the final move next week. Phew! :unsure: Once I'm settled the caching will be more frequent. Oh yeah...I got reeled into the coin collecting craze!

[Come up to Lodi U can cache and drink all of the wine that you want. There are a few caches here that will keep u busy for a few days (LOL). I have over 150 in thus area. We have a great county Park "Micke Grove" and it has 5 caches inside of it. Great museum and zoo. We held an event there in April and hope to have another there next April. If I can be any help in Lodi let me know

I agree with Jerry on that one...The Lodi event was first class all the way and a lot of fun! Great bunch of folks up there! <_<

Edited by Sanruft

there's Porterville (Chicken Restraunt) with a real goat town.

Please Farmer, get your facts right! It's Pollardville, not Porterville, and it's a ghost town, not a goat town forheavensakes! <_< Also, go quick if you want to see it as it is being sold to a real estate developer and closing for good! :blink:

Galletto's is a nice one and is owned by the Gallo family.

<text omitted>

Speaking of photography, Photom (Tom) is our resident expert. His photos are amazing and he is very helpful to boot. I am into amateur photography and he has opffered his assistance on many occassions. You should check out his work on his profile.

ENJOY!

Wolf Grrl,

I second Tim's recommendation for Gallettos (Italian for Rooster.) It is great and the "story" about how it came about shows how powerful wives can be - if it's true. Supposedly, Mrs. Gallo told her husband that Modesto didn't have any really good restaurands - so he should build one. Like all husbands, he made it happen.

As far as photography goes, THANK YOU Tim for your kind words. But, yes, Wolf Grrl, if you need some advise, feel free to email me.

BTW - Tim does great work as well, except that he is a terrible "court photographer." In that regard, he's a typical media photograher: distorts the facts and takes images that appear to show innocent people as guilty.

Finally, some of us will be going to the EVENT CACHE in Ford ORD in 2 weeks (GCWV45). If you think you will be settled in enough by then (hehe, as if that's possible) - it sounds like a great time. <_<:blink:

Welcome Wolf Grrl,

As one of the ladies of the CVC, MAC to be specific, I am here to caution you NOT TO TRUST ANY OF THE GUYS, especially BOGA, Photom and Sanruft! They are sneaky and evil. <_<

And BOGA is only whining about puzzle caches because "Girls rule; boys drool!" :blink:

Wolf Grrl, If you're going to hang around people like this... you're going to need a Passport and a Teflon suit. These are the types of cachers I was trying to warn you about.

Gee thanks, Bill! :)

Wow! With the cooler weather today, we decided to do some cache maintenance on all our caches today and placed a few new ones along the way and two of them are ALREADY approved! I think it took them all of about two hours to approve them! The third one needed to be moved which I have done already, so I'm sure it won't be long before that one is approved as well.

Awesome work Nomex!!! <_<

For those who are interested in them, here they are:

Benchmark

Cache, skateboard and more!

Happy caching! :blink:

Galletto's is a nice one and is owned by the Gallo family.

<text omitted>

Speaking of photography, Photom (Tom) is our resident expert. His photos are amazing and he is very helpful to boot. I am into amateur photography and he has opffered his assistance on many occassions. You should check out his work on his profile.

ENJOY!

BTW - Tim does great work as well, except that he is a terrible "court photographer." In that regard, he's a typical media photograher: distorts the facts and takes images that appear to show innocent people as guilty.

LOL! Well, I suppose it is all on how you view the photography...I like to think that I had "capured the moment"! :blink: (And I am quite sure that Bill, Ted and others would agree!!) <_<

there's Porterville (Chicken Restraunt) with a real goat town.

Please Farmer, get your facts right! It's Pollardville, not Porterville, and it's a ghost town, not a goat town forheavensakes! B) Also, go quick if you want to see it as it is being sold to a real estate developer and closing for good! <_<

I like the way Ted tells the story... :) I guess that was a major case of heat exhaustion as I was on break from doing a bunch of home work when I flubbed that. :blink:

Welcome Wolf Grrl,

As one of the ladies of the CVC, MAC to be specific, I am here to caution you NOT TO TRUST ANY OF THE GUYS, especially BOGA, Photom and Sanruft! They are sneaky and evil. <_<

And BOGA is only whining about puzzle caches because "Girls rule; boys drool!" <_<

Gee thanks, Bill! :rolleyes:

Wolf Grrl, I would also like to to extend a greeting hand to you and welcome you to our part of the geocaching world. As you can tell by the posts, there is a little fun poking and rivalry going on around here. Photom & I were found guilty, not by a judge but by a LYNCH MOB! BOGA was provided an attorney and a judge presided. Anyway, just look at the pictures and you will see that there is a lot of fun having going on around here. Haircuts? I have no Idea where to go get a flat top, as I just normally let mine go until I finally decide to go get one and then I just go to the first place that has an opening that I don't have to make an appointment for. Restaurants? I like the Italina food at Johnny Carinos by the Modesto mall, but I have never been to the other places listed by my dear fiends. Being from the MAC area, I can tell you there are just so many caches around that are great fun. Photom gets a lot of recognition for his photos and it is well deserved, I like to tell people that I take snapshots and he takes artwork. His website is a must see. I think one of my all time favorite caches is up in the hills "The Wind in the Willow Dance", VERY clever. So again, welcome to the area, we are looking forward to meeting you at our upcoming event.

Welcome Wolf Grrl,

As one of the ladies of the CVC, MAC to be specific, I am here to caution you NOT TO TRUST ANY OF THE GUYS, especially BOGA, Photom and Sanruft! They are sneaky and evil. ;)

And BOGA is only whining about puzzle caches because "Girls rule; boys drool!" :D

Gee thanks, Bill! <_<

:):rolleyes:<_<:):unsure::ph34r:;)

Hair cuts? Last time I went down to get my hair cut, I told the barber to continue and cut the other one too. :):D:)

---

Warning: I feel another code cache coming on. Should I place it in Livermore or do you guys want to show your stuff. :D

Welcome Wolf Grrl,

And BOGA is only whining about puzzle caches because "Girls rule; boys drool!" :blink:

Hi Wolf Grrl,

As you can see, there is a lot of fun in this forum. Unfortunately, don't believe all that you read. The ladies of MAC are just as devious as the guys. They are even in cohoots with a Stockton bunch.....most likely Outrages Fortunes! They are all guilty of cachenapping and trickery. As the spouse to Sanruft and the better half, might I say, you will definety enjoy yourselves here.

There are quite a few good restaurants in downtown Modesto depending on what you like. I prefer Mexican food...my favorites are Marcella's (Tully and Standiford has been around for a very long time), La Morenita (Coffee and Sylvan) and El Rosell's (Coffee and Floyd). If you are around Modesto stop by Johnathon's Fresh Fish and Meats (Oakdale Rd) and pick up their cooked ribs....one of the best in town in think! I usually get one slab of original and one with barbeque sauce.

Did you say you would be in Riverbank? If so, check out the community center as they offer a lot of recreation for kids. We have done the YMCA with our youngest, she is 5 1/2 (soccer, t-ball and swimming) and MYSA (soccer) with our middle son. Schools don't usually start having teams until the junior high level. I know at one time the City of Riverbank offered basketball as well as baseball.

If you need anything please let us know, as we are just down the road from Riverbank.

I hope you enjoy your caching here as much as we have.

Mrs. Sanruft

Welcome Wolf Grrl,

As one of the ladies of the CVC, MAC to be specific, I am here to caution you NOT TO TRUST ANY OF THE GUYS, especially BOGA, Photom and Sanruft! They are sneaky and evil. :D

And BOGA is only whining about puzzle caches because "Girls rule; boys drool!" :)

Gee thanks, Bill! <_<

:blink::blink::ph34r::o:o:):D

Hair cuts? Last time I went down to get my hair cut, I told the barber to continue and cut the other one too. :D:D:)

---

Warning: I feel another code cache coming on. Should I place it in Livermore or do you guys want to show your stuff. :D

They ahve enough codes out there.... of course you could put it out there for the "wrong posted coordinates" and place the cache out here jsut to mess with them. . :) A good code cache in my neck of the woods might get me to dust off the ol GPS.... of course dusting it off might notget me the time to go find the cache! HAHAHAHA

My hat off to the ladies for completing Geocaching Is Fun, Play Fair as I thought is was going to be a quick and easy solve. However, I must be getting stuck with the password (I really thought that would take a minute or two). Looks like I'm not going to need any hair cut soon as I'm pulling it out! :D At lease Wolf Grrl hasn't solved it yet!

Hey Kenny! It would sure help quite things in the future if you did this cache. B)

As far as making my code cache in CVC, it would take more than one person's interest. Perhaps some of those that liked pwalk's work!?! :(

As far as making my code cache in CVC, it would take more than one person's interest. Perhaps some of those that liked pwalk's work!?! <_<

Unfortunately, I am allergic to code caches! :ph34r:

Ah, but Mrs Sanruft is a whiz so it's a good thing your a team! Didn't she solve Fore! for you too? :ph34r:

Yes, she is quite crafty and very itelligent. Unfortunately, time does not alow me to solve most puzzle caches. Between work at the office and work at home, there never seems to be any time alloted for puzles. :ph34r:

Then again...Mrs. Sanruft is so much better at these than I am, so perhaps I just use her as a crutch! :ph34r::lol:

BOGA ALERT BOGA ALERT

He thinks he's (finally) solved "Geocaching is Fun Play Fair."

August 1 by Green Achers (741 found)

Got it. Just need to break some free time now to pick up this find.

Bill of Green Achers

Doug - Please notify the CHP

Kenna - Please notify The Atwater PD

2 Fors - Please notify the Merced PD

I'll do the Sheriff

Karen - You watch 99 as you go to and from work.