Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

Rumor has it that Doug's been going around asking complete Muggle's to solve certain puzzles. :rolleyes: I think that's about the funniest thing I've heard in a while. :laughing:

Speaking of Fun... Who's going to join us at the MAC Gathering in two weeks? They've been telling me I just can't miss this one. :o Anyone care to join me????

Speaking of Fun... Who's going to join us at the MAC Gathering in two weeks? They've been telling me I just can't miss this one. :laughing: Anyone care to join me????

Sounds like it will be fun but it appears that we will not be going to this one...Just too busy right now. Keep-em' in-line for us will you Bill? :rolleyes:

Speaking of Fun... Who's going to join us at the MAC Gathering in two weeks? They've been telling me I just can't miss this one. :ninja: Anyone care to join me????

Sounds like it will be fun but it appears that we will not be going to this one...Just too busy right now. Keep-em' in-line for us will you Bill? :)

Do you all know if Kids go to these things? My son who is almost 7 so I was just curious. We were thinking about going......Greg

Speaking of Fun... Who's going to join us at the MAC Gathering in two weeks? They've been telling me I just can't miss this one. :ninja: Anyone care to join me????

Sounds like it will be fun but it appears that we will not be going to this one...Just too busy right now. Keep-em' in-line for us will you Bill? :)

Do you all know if Kids go to these things? My son who is almost 7 so I was just curious. We were thinking about going......Greg

These gatherings tend to be family friendly and yes kids do come (at least until they get old enough to decide that dad's a real dork for doing this stuff!). Our last event was a Micky Grove park and there were lots of kids in attendance. Bring your son and have a good time.

Way to go Mike. I think CVC Tag would make a great 101st find... now that the law breakers have returned it. :huh: Of course, we can't find it until the coordinates get corrected. ;)

Well now. The coordinates are correct according to the person who placed it. I guess one of the SOUTHERN folks will have to get poor ole lonely Tag.

;):)

Way to go Mike. I think CVC Tag would make a great 101st find... now that the law breakers have returned it. ;) Of course, we can't find it until the coordinates get corrected. :)

Well now. The coordinates are correct according to the person who placed it. I guess one of the SOUTHERN folks will have to get poor ole lonely Tag.

;):)

If they are correct then why did they go out and update them? :huh:

Perhaps she was trying to make it even easier for the "lame lookers" out there in the CVC, Northern edition???? :huh:

Or perhaps you were using the old location - since the NEGLIGENT owner has left the old coordinates at the top of the page?

Just another straw that clearly shows BOGA doesn't really care about Tag any more. Who's your daddy?

BTW - since the "old" and "current" location are at most 50 feet apart, I'm sure a Southern (think MAC) cacher would have grabbed it. ;):)

Perhaps she was trying to make it even easier for the "lame lookers" out there in the CVC, Northern edition???? ;)

Or perhaps you were using the old location - since the NEGLIGENT owner has left the old coordinates at the top of the page?

Just another straw that clearly shows BOGA doesn't really care about Tag any more. Who's your daddy?

BTW - since the "old" and "current" location are at most 50 feet apart, I'm sure a Southern (think MAC) cacher would have grabbed it. :):huh:

Based on the number of lifeline calls I know have been made from several "Southerners"...I doubt it. :):huh:;)

Perhaps she was trying to make it even easier for the "lame lookers" out there in the CVC, Northern edition???? ;)

Since when is Turlock NORTH? From where I sit it's about 50 miles SOUTH! :)

50 miles South if WHERE?? :)

And if I recall, Tag was not to leave Stanislaus County...What happened with that rule?? :huh:;)

(Since Tom was suggesting that the coordinates were updated to make things easier on us "Northerners")

Since when is Turlock NORTH? From where I sit it's about 50 miles SOUTH! ;)

Aha!! That's the problem: From where I sit . The Northerners just SIT while the Southerners go out and HUNT!! :)

Well, I suppose that us Northerners DO have a life outside of Geocaching...As difficult as it is to believe.

(Must be nice to be independently wealthy Tom!)

50 miles South if WHERE?? :)

And if I recall, Tag was not to leave Stanislaus County...What happened with that rule?? ;);)

(Since Tom was suggesting that the coordinates were updated to make things easier on us "Northerners")

Sorry but you recall wrong. First it says, San Joaquin and Stanislaus Counties. Second it says, "It's not a big deal if it goes outside the county but don't let it wander too far, PLEASE."

I suspect many folks differ on their definition of "too far."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also sorry, but I didn't say coords were updated to make things easier on the Northerners either. That was 2 for the road.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also see that Tag's description says there's no log! What's with that? More misinformation from the farmer? :):huh:

Edited by Photom

50 miles South if WHERE?? ;)

And if I recall, Tag was not to leave Stanislaus County...What happened with that rule?? :):huh:

Sorry but you recall wrong. First it says, San Joaquin and Stanislaus Counties. Second it says, "It's not a big deal if it goes outside the county but don't let it wander too far, PLEASE."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also sorry, but I didn't say coords were updated to make things easier on the Northerners either. That was 2 for the road.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also see that Tag's description says there's no log! What's with that? More misinformation from the farmer? :huh:;)

The description for territories was changed to accomodate our *cough* friends from MAC and Stockton...So the ORIGINAL description was Stanislaus County...

Yes, I stand corrected about the comment made by 2 for the road...But you did write that a MAC cacher would have found it 50 feet away. :o

Don't know anything about the "no log" stuff...That would be information only someone that has recently found it would know! :)

Edited by Sanruft

You've got to love those prizes... and the place is a total candy store of high tech gear. Time would be the problem this year. As I recall, recovering that last prize cost me a really long day of vacation followed by a couple weeks of not being able to walk and then there were the wounds.

I'm going to let you have a stab at this years TAD adventure Ted. BTW, let me know if you'll be diving to 3000 feet because I'd like to test the watch! :o I think that's deeper than the crush depth of most subs! [Let alone these frogs --> :sad::o:):o:D:D:D:D ]

50 miles South if WHERE?? :ph34r:

And if I recall, Tag was not to leave Stanislaus County...What happened with that rule?? :lol::ph34r:

I also see that Tag's description says there's no log! What's with that? More misinformation from the farmer? ;):lol:

I tell you what I am glad to not be part of the Yankees (San Joaquin County) OR the Confederates (Merced County) Happy to be part of the great " CVC Divide" here in the real home of CVC tag Stanislaus County.

Kinda like Texas....... No American flag OR Rebel flag.... Just our own place not getting into any civil war.

However I must point out that the rules on tags page were changed due to those northerners that took tag up to San Joaquin county so they changed the rules because it was spending so much time up there. it is only a matter of time before they change th rules and allow it to go to Merced county without being an infraction.

Edited by Camel680

...it is only a matter of time before they change th rules and allow it to go to Merced county without being an infraction.

wrong

:blink:

Huh?? So you are showing favortism to the cachers in San Joaquin County?? Now that really sucks. :(

Well, at the time of the change, our friends in the Northern area had not hinted at breaking the rules. They still played by the rules at that time! (I'm sure that had Bill known about how devious they were, he may have kept the old rules in place!!) :laughing:

And almost from the get-go, our friends to the South have been, shall we say..."willing to push the limits of the rules??" :laughing::blink:

Edited by Sanruft

Huh?? So you are showing favortism to the cachers in San Joaquin County?? Now that really sucks. :laughing:

Last time I checked, my house was sitting in San Joaquin County. You think that could that have some influence on the boundries? :laughing:

...our friends to the South...

¡Sí, hacemos que los amigos traguen al sur! :blink:

Katie says, "Stop whining about it, and somebody just go get the darn thing!" :ph34r:

We figure if someone is willing to travel miles and miles to find Tag, then they are unofficial residents of Stanislaus County whether they live in San Joaquin, Merced or Yorkshire County. It ALWAYS makes its way back to Stanislaus County because we are all such responsible cachers! *gets down off soapbox*

p.s. to 2 For The Road: Would you like to nab Tag before we go to the UK, or shall I? [:huh:]

Edited by Outrageous Fortunes

"Yes, we cause that the friends swallow to the south! "

HUH???

¡Sí, tenemos amigos al sur! El granjero necesita doblar el cheque su español antes de fijarlo.

Guess I kind of messed up that this first time. :huh:

Laura! Don't you dare!! :ph34r: You start following the rules. If you really what to impress the group, start stashing extra plane tickets. :D Or how about transfering those FFM?! :huh:

Now I'm going back to what I was doing and I don't want to come back and read any more of this lawlessness. :D

Katie says, "Stop whining about it, and somebody just go get the darn thing!" :huh:

We figure if someone is willing to travel miles and miles to find Tag, then they are unofficial residents of Stanislaus County whether they live in San Joaquin, Merced or Yorkshire County. It ALWAYS makes its way back to Stanislaus County because we are all such responsible cachers! *gets down off soapbox*

p.s. to 2 For The Road: Would you like to nab Tag before we go to the UK, or shall I? [:ph34r:]

Loose lips! I thought we were going to keep this info under our hats..........some of the guys are getting CRANKY!! :huh:

Katie says, "Stop whining about it, and somebody just go get the darn thing!" :huh:

p.s. to 2 For The Road: Would you like to nab Tag before we go to the UK, or shall I? [:ph34r:]

Just a quick note..... where is yorkshire county? Is this some pre-amble to places Taglionis Jr. is to travel again?

Rumor has it that Doug's been going around asking complete Muggle's to solve certain puzzles. :( I think that's about the funniest thing I've heard in a while. :ph34r:

Speaking of Fun... Who's going to join us at the MAC Gathering in two weeks? They've been telling me I just can't miss this one. :( Anyone care to join me????

That ain't no rumor! That is exactly what I did! Of course the person I enlisted to help had no idea what he was helping with! He did have a major question about bar code number 3 though and I had to tell him about a certain farmers ego! :(

Speaking of Fun... Who's going to join us at the MAC Gathering in two weeks? They've been telling me I just can't miss this one. :ph34r: Anyone care to join me????

Sounds like it will be fun but it appears that we will not be going to this one...Just too busy right now. Keep-em' in-line for us will you Bill? :(

These gatherings tend to be family friendly and yes kids do come (at least until they get old enough to decide that dad's a real dork for doing this stuff!). Our last event was a Micky Grove park and there were lots of kids in attendance. Bring your son and have a good time.

We in MAC would love to see you AND your family at the event. I happen to know there will be some othe ryounguns there.

50 miles South if WHERE?? :ph34r:

And if I recall, Tag was not to leave Stanislaus County...What happened with that rule?? :(:(

I also see that Tag's description says there's no log! What's with that? More misinformation from the farmer? :(:(

I tell you what I am glad to not be part of the Yankees (San Joaquin County) OR the Confederates (Merced County) Happy to be part of the great " CVC Divide" here in the real home of CVC tag Stanislaus County.

Kinda like Texas....... No American flag OR Rebel flag.... Just our own place not getting into any civil war.

However I must point out that the rules on tags page were changed due to those northerners that took tag up to San Joaquin county so they changed the rules because it was spending so much time up there. it is only a matter of time before they change th rules and allow it to go to Merced county without being an infraction.

HERE! HERE! Thanks Kenny! I couldn't agree more, and it would seem that if the GOOD folks in MAC are willing and able to make the trip up North to keep the game in play, then play it will!

Just a quick note..... where is yorkshire county? Is this some pre-amble to places Taglionis Jr. is to travel again?

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...e0-47a6a1d43691

Ohh so it is in Europe...... AND Tom amazingly enough just delivered said TAG to Stockton for that Stockton lady to pick up..... hmmmm.... Is that the tar I smell heating up again?!?! :ph34r::(:(

I can say in complete honesty that WE DID NOT TAKE TAG TO STOCKTON FOR "that Stockton lady" to pick up. :( As a matter of fact we drove around for quite some time looking for a specific "LAW OFFICE" only to find the brass name plate had been recently changed (at least it looked a lot shinier than the other one). If she does happen to come upon it though, at least we made an honest attempt at getting it back in play up North. So enough with the tar and feathes, My scalp is still peeling from the unpleasantness at Micki Grove Park!

Ohh so it is in Europe...... AND Tom amazingly enough just delivered said TAG to Stockton for that Stockton lady to pick up..... hmmmm.... Is that the tar I smell heating up again?!?! :ph34r::(:(

Yep. There is a special kind of tar heating up, but the accused this time is BOGA - for total mismanagement of his ward.

And, BTW, I did indeed take Tag to Stockton today - but not for that Stockton lady. I was hoping the poor attorney who hasn't held poor Tag in an embrace since 2004 would have that priviledge. But alas, he DNF'd the attempt. I'd lay odds that OF will indeed find Tag if she elects to venture out. :(

Katie says, "Stop whining about it, and somebody just go get the darn thing!" :ph34r:

p.s. to 2 For The Road: Would you like to nab Tag before we go to the UK, or shall I? [:(]

Loose lips! I thought we were going to keep this info under our hats..........some of the guys are getting CRANKY!! :(

hmmm...If you DO place him in Yorkshire County, make sure that you leave them long enough for other cachers to grab! I have an office in Yorkshire County and can have it picked-up in a moments notice! :(

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...e0-47a6a1d43691

I can say in complete honesty that WE DID NOT TAKE TAG TO STOCKTON FOR "that Stockton lady" to pick up. :( As a matter of fact we drove around for quite some time looking for a specific "LAW OFFICE" only to find the brass name plate had been recently changed (at least it looked a lot shinier than the other one). If she does happen to come upon it though, at least we made an honest attempt at getting it back in play up North. So enough with the tar and feathes, My scalp is still peeling from the unpleasantness at Micki Grove Park!

COUGH, COUGH...CHOKE, CHOKE...Even with the rainy season over it still seems to be getting a bit deep! :(

And, BTW, I did indeed take Tag to Stockton today - but not for that Stockton lady. I was hoping the poor attorney who hasn't held poor Tag in an embrace since 2004 would have that priviledge. But alas, he DNF'd the attempt. I'd lay odds that OF will indeed find Tag if she elects to venture out. :)

I smell a rat! :laughing:

And, BTW, I did indeed take Tag to Stockton today - but not for that Stockton lady. I was hoping the poor attorney who hasn't held poor Tag in an embrace since 2004 would have that priviledge. But alas, he DNF'd the attempt. I'd lay odds that OF will indeed find Tag if she elects to venture out. :)

I smell a rat! :laughing:

Sorry Ted, but there's no cheese involved here. It's a straight forward hide in plain sight. If you want a hint, just let me know. I'll agree to provide hints to keep it out of the grasp of TSL. :(

I'll be out today but feel free to call my cell (BOGA has # if you don't .

Edited by Photom

I'll be out today but feel free to call my cell (BOGA has # if you don't .

Ya Ted, Just say the word and I'll post his cell phone number here for you to get. Guess I owe you that after my lawyer joke. I knew it was bad but honestly didn't think I was breaking any rules.

On another note, I just learned how to make a small fortune in farming... You just start out with a large fortune. :laughing:;);):):(:):huh::(:(:(