Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

We just received our geocoin and will make an offer here for sale. The coins are trackable on geocaching.com and the regular coin is $8.00 There will be only 75 coins sold That is why we are offering them here before going to the goecoin forum.

If you respond make sure to include your geocaching name and an email address that I can invoice you.

ONLY 15 COINS LEFT

Bill there is one put aside for you.

Email me at oldhippy@sbcglobal.net

Oldhippy

33547073-c843-40d3-9955-64da2edc7705.jpg

Email has been sent... :P

CVC Tag has not been kidnapped or taken out of the area...Just been a little busy...It will be placed later today!! :)

Just wanted to let everyone know before the tar gets warmed-up. ;)

Thought I saw some feathers flying about around your house tim! :P

lol! Those were leaves from all the wind lately! ;)

As you know there will be a event in Lodi called the CVC/RCGDS Breaking down the wall. Well I have been

working on a coin for the event. There will be 600 made. 400 Reg and 200 for the Event only. The Reg coin will be sold by Coins and Pins at the time of the event. The Event only coins will have a different metal. If I have any extras after the event I may drop them in a cache or two or more. The coin should be about $7 Each. The

coins will be trackable on GC.Com With Icon. If you would like to take a Look at what it will look like go to http://tinyurl.com/z3zct Please let me know what you think.

Richard of the GeoCrickets

Edited by GeoCrickets

2006 GBES Geocaching & Navigational Rally

The date is set for June 16-17 (first rally starts Friday Night) and will be in the greater Carson City, Nv. This is a event that requires a 4x4 with a driver and navigator and passengers are allowed (the winner of the day course last year had 4 people). Want-a-bee 4x4's are not allowed but don't let that stop you. The courses are safe and the pace is very reasonable. In fact, going too fast will count against you at double the cost of going too slow. Because of this, the challenge is more on the navigational skills more than the vehicle ability.

For those of you that don't have a 4x4 but are interested in the GBES Rally, you have two options. Team up with someone that has a 4x4 and needs a navigator (this really is a need). Better yet, become a volunteer and watch the action from the course edge. Either way, the GBES Gathering will be posted soon and you can log your intent then or send an email to SKWERL and ask how you can help. Mark your calenders. :ph34r:

New Future Cacher.

Anessa Jeannette Vargas

Arrived into the world today at 5:02 PM 3/3/06

6 lbs 6 oz and 19 inches long.

Grampa Brute has a 5th grandkid.. :huh:

Geeze Brute. Some folks will do anything to have a cache finding helper!

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! ! :D:D:D

As you know there will be a event in Lodi called the CVC/RCGDS Breaking down the wall. Well I have been

working on a coin for the event. There will be 600 made. 400 Reg and 200 for the Event only. The Reg coin will be sold by Coins and Pins at the time of the event. The Event only coins will have a different metal. If I have any extras after the event I may drop them in a cache or two or more. The coin should be about $7 Each. The

coins will be trackable on GC.Com With Icon. If you would like to take a Look at what it will look like go to http://tinyurl.com/z3zct Please let me know what you think.

Richard of the GeoCrickets

Looks great. We can't wait for the event or the coins!

Dennis

"D" of MCgeoDE

2006 GBES Geocaching & Navigational Rally

The date is set for June 16-17 (first rally starts Friday Night) and will be in the greater Carson City, Nv. This is a event that requires a 4x4 with a driver and navigator and passengers are allowed (the winner of the day course last year had 4 people). Want-a-bee 4x4's are not allowed but don't let that stop you. The courses are safe and the pace is very reasonable. In fact, going too fast will count against you at double the cost of going too slow. Because of this, the challenge is more on the navigational skills more than the vehicle ability.

For those of you that don't have a 4x4 but are interested in the GBES Rally, you have two options. Team up with someone that has a 4x4 and needs a navigator (this really is a need). Better yet, become a volunteer and watch the action from the course edge. Either way, the GBES Gathering will be posted soon and you can log your intent then or send an email to SKWERL and ask how you can help. Mark your calenders. :laughing:

Sounds like a lot of fun Bill...Do dune buggies count as a 4x4?? I have seen a lot of dune buggies go where 4x4's can't...Just wondering if this is a case that a 4x4 can go that a dune buggy can't?

For those people who don't visit the geocoin forums, you may have missed Joani's California Poppy geocoin that we are minting at a really low price to encourage people to release them into caches to travel (plus, they are only 1" diameter so they fit in micros!)

califmicrofront150.gifcalifmicroback150.gif

*click on the poppies!* :D

--Marky - K6FTF

For those people who don't visit the geocoin forums, you may have missed Joani's California Poppy geocoin that we are minting at a really low price to encourage people to release them into caches to travel (plus, they are only 1" diameter so they fit in micros!)

califmicrofront150.gifcalifmicroback150.gif

*click on the poppies!* :D

--Marky - K6FTF

Those look awesome Marky, I just ordered 10 for me :D

OK so I have ben lagging a bit. I knew where I wanted to put TAG but haven't had the time. SO I placed it in a much easier place.

I have permission from the land owner so do not worry about going into private property. In fact they might even be watching you!

I willpost coordinates later tonight.

Sounds like a lot of fun Bill...Do dune buggies count as a 4x4?? I have seen a lot of dune buggies go where 4x4's can't...Just wondering if this is a case that a 4x4 can go that a dune buggy can't?

Good question. Seeing how we had to pick not one but two Jeep CJ's up at the staging of the first nights race last year... and a dune buggy's got to be lighter... I'd ask the race directors that one.

...Joani's California Poppy geocoin...

--Marky - K6FTF

Cool coin and do I see a 1 by 3?? Yep, Marky has joined the Amateurs. BTW, so did OldHippy but he's yet to unvail his new call sign. I'm sure it will complete a puzzle I've aways wanted to do so I can hardly wait. :wub:

Good question. Seeing how we had to pick not one but two Jeep CJ's up at the staging of the first nights race last year... and a dune buggy's got to be lighter... I'd ask the race directors that one.

Any contact information for these race directors?

"GBES Admin" <gbesevents@gmail.com>

SKWERL (aka Bryan Wright) or Monty Wolf (the one and only DJ) should be able to answer your question. Brian, BTW knows what it's like to get a lift... we picked him and his motorcycle out of a cattle grate last year. I should have left another 'Oh, Grate' cache there but it would have been a 'vacation cache'. :rolleyes:

"GBES Admin" <gbesevents@gmail.com>

SKWERL (aka Bryan Wright) or Monty Wolf (the one and only DJ) should be able to answer your question. Brian, BTW knows what it's like to get a lift... we picked him and his motorcycle out of a cattle grate last year. I should have left another 'Oh, Grate' cache there but it would have been a 'vacation cache'. :rolleyes:

lol! Thanks Bill...Depending on my schedule, we may end-up going.

I have checked and TAG is still there waiting to be moved on. Any takers?

As I know where TAG was placed, I am wondering if a few have "considered" looking and drove by, but thought that the coordinates may be off and did not want to disturb those nearby just in case they were off by a little...I know for a fact that the owner won't bite! (maybe bark a little, but that's about it). lol

But then again, I may be wrong and everybody is just too cold recently to get out of their houses! :P

Edited by Sanruft

I have checked and TAG is still there waiting to be moved on. Any takers?

As I know where TAG was placed, I am wondering if a few have "considered" looking and drove by, but thought that the coordinates may be off and did not want to disturb those nearby just in case they were off by a little...I know for a fact that the owner won't bite! (maybe bark a little, but that's about it). lol

But then again, I may be wrong and everybody is just too cold recently to get out of their houses! :)

OK so they might bite. BUT only if you step on the plants to get TAG.

He is getting cold and lonely out there in the rain!

Also please note that the location IS a very geo friendly location.

Edited by Camel680

Anyone from the CVC area going to the GeoWoodstock event, or has anyone from the CVC been to a previous one?

I am just curious as to how it compares with some of the larger events out here.

I have a hard enough time getting to Modesto for a caching event, let alone Texas!

LOL! It is a long way away and I'm not sure that we can go, but it has always been hyped as the "best" in the geocaching community. I like our "little" ones that I have attended throughout the valley though! :)

This isn't really geocaching related other that I will find a few virtuals while I am there, but I need some help with driving directions to Sacramento.

I have to be at a job site in Downtown Sacramento at 10 AM Monday. I live in Dublin. Google maps is telling me to take 680 to 80. I know the Cordelia junction is a mess. How is it taking 580 to 205 and then to 5 or 99? Is the traffic really bad in Stockton in the morning?

TIA.

This isn't really geocaching related other that I will find a few virtuals while I am there, but I need some help with driving directions to Sacramento.

I have to be at a job site in Downtown Sacramento at 10 AM Monday. I live in Dublin. Google maps is telling me to take 680 to 80. I know the Cordelia junction is a mess. How is it taking 580 to 205 and then to 5 or 99? Is the traffic really bad in Stockton in the morning?

TIA.

You should be going in the reverse commute direction in the morning so I am thinking that traffic shouldn't be terrible in Stockton...You may hit a small pocket when the cross town freeway merges, but other than that, Stockton shouldn't be terrible.

TIA.

Follow your GPS, Wacka! LOL. (Just kidding.)

To answer your question, Take 580 to 205 to 5 North. Then depending on which side of Sac-of-tomateos you're ending at (East or West), use either 99 or 5 respectfully. To get to 99, I'd transfer on the 'Cross Town Freeway' at Stockton which is just after 'Charter Way'.

Remember that you'll hit traffic in Sac but I could tell you how long to add for that. Oh, make sure you down load a Pocket Query because there's a ton of caches up there. And if you pass by the infamous - CVC Tag T.P. - just keep (snicker) going!! (See photo above).

TIA.

I spoke with my wife who can only vouch for 99 south of 4 and 5 north of 4 but she said that 5 north from about 4 north for about 4 or 5 miles sucks but not too bad. The cross town is a mess both ways usually in the morning but you should be fine regardless either way youa re going as there is jsut a small amount of Stockton traffic at that point for you.

BTW, The Green Achers Glowing Geocoin (and only CVC coin to date I believe) has arrived! They look great and I'm hoping to see a few turn up around the area in the near future. Perhaps I'll give an indication when that may have happened and you can all start Easter Hunting a little early this year. B)

Hey Bill,

You want me to plant a few of those in MIssouri? B)

BTW, The Green Achers Glowing Geocoin (and only CVC coin to date I believe) has arrived! They look great and I'm hoping to see a few turn up around the area in the near future. Perhaps I'll give an indication when that may have happened and you can all start Easter Hunting a little early this year. B)

Is Easter here already??? Sheesh!

Where I'm going first is on K St, two blocks from the Capitol, so I'll be taking 5. I have other places to go after that, all in Sacramento,but am using my Mapsource for that.

Right now I'm just planning on getting the virtuals at lunch. if I get done early, I may get some more. I'm planning on taking my GPSr. I'll be using it to help me navigate to the various places I have to go to.

Thanks.

Edited by Wacka