Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

On another note:

I gave you all a fair warning awhile back, but someone forgot to tell the newbies.

I have tag, and have a nice little spot picked out for him.

Watch the cache page for the new co-ordinates.

OMG! First it's the TERRIBLE TRIPLE TRIO. Now it's the TICK TRICKSTER.

Bill, oh Bill, oh Bill...... whatever will you do THIS TIME?

:D:D

It's OK he has to pass US on the way out of town at the event! So we can hold him hostage for the safe return of TAG!

I had a hard time getting on tonight too...Got the same error and used a link to get on as well. I am sure they will fix it though.

I like the new changes to the forum...It looks nice! :D

I had a hard time getting to the forum. I kept getting a error code. I finally got here by using a link to the forum from the GBA forums.

On another note:

I gave you all a fair warning awhile back, but someone forgot to tell the newbies.

I have tag, and have a nice little spot picked out for him.

Watch the cache page for the new co-ordinates.

It's ok Pat, you will be in (cough) good company with regards to kidnapping Tag...Withn all its recent travels though, who is claiming the frequent flier miles?? :D:D

Hey Pat...Are you going on one last caching run while in California?? Did you ever do the night one in the bay area?

I might get a chance to find a few more, but don't have the time (packing) for a full out caching run.

Well, I hope you have time to run up to Manteca and find my latest project. It's my 1st LARGE container and what I consider my best ever cache. Hope to see it approved soon. And, it may have something interesting in it that you can take back east when you go.

20a4e054-ade3-4d26-b2fe-d21532329646.jpg

4169253f-2049-4ea6-b773-85d1c1cefb90.jpg

I'm taking the day off for the gathering. See you there.

Thanks Bill. I think I will be giving up the personalized plate, but I think Jaimee will be getting hers in Missouri.

Looks better in California plates anyways! LOL

Well, I will miss the California plates as that means that they will be gone, BUT, just about everything looks better in other states anymore! :o (Grass is always greener, but I think they have indeed found greener pastures!) :(

I'm excited for you! (And a little jealous!) :)

Me too! But please don't make me come to Missouri to bring CVC Tag home!

I'm sure looking forward to Saturday night - it should be fun!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a more serious note guys and gals - I have reason to believe that some new cachers in the area don't think we welcome them with open arms. I guess some of the comments in the forums or perhaps on logs make us sound like a clique with no new entrants allowed.

That's all I'm saying. No hints. No additional clues. No coordinates.

While I certainly know it is not true in the slightest, it gives me reason to consider wording my posts & logs in a more politically correct (or whatever the word would be) manner. The question is, "can I really tone myself down???" Hmmmm. :D:D

On a more serious note guys and gals - I have reason to believe that some new cachers in the area don't think we welcome them with open arms. I guess some of the comments in the forums or perhaps on logs make us sound like a clique with no new entrants allowed.

While I certainly know it is not true in the slightest, it gives me reason to consider wording my posts & logs in a more politically correct (or whatever the word would be) manner. The question is, "can I really tone myself down???" Hmmmm. :):D

OM. Was I the only person spending time welcoming everyone? Sorry that I've let things distract me but where are all the other CVC happy faces?!

For what it's worth... WELCOME to any and all new cachers that either live in or visit the greater CVC area. It sure would be nice to see the entire CVC Clan (old and new) this Saturday at the Gathering. Perhaps everyone could do a little research and send out personal invites (with Welcoming) to all the new faces. :D

While I certainly know it is not true in the slightest, it gives me reason to consider wording my posts & logs in a more politically correct (or whatever the word would be) manner. The question is, "can I really tone myself down???" Hmmmm. :P:P

OM. Was I the only person spending time welcoming everyone? Sorry that I've let things distract me but where are all the other CVC happy faces?!

For what it's worth... WELCOME to any and all new cachers that either live in or visit the greater CVC area. It sure would be nice to see the entire CVC Clan (old and new) this Saturday at the Gathering. Perhaps everyone could do a little research and send out personal invites (with Welcoming) to all the new faces. B)

I tried with a couple that I noticed finding my caches recently. But so far none have responded to me! B)

While I certainly know it is not true in the slightest, it gives me reason to consider wording my posts & logs in a more politically correct (or whatever the word would be) manner. The question is, "can I really tone myself down???" Hmmmm. :PB)

For what it's worth... WELCOME to any and all new cachers that either live in or visit the greater CVC area. It sure would be nice to see the entire CVC Clan (old and new) this Saturday at the Gathering. Perhaps everyone could do a little research and send out personal invites (with Welcoming) to all the new faces. :P

Cajn anyone give me a hint where the event is on Sat. nite

While I certainly know it is not true in the slightest, it gives me reason to consider wording my posts & logs in a more politically correct (or whatever the word would be) manner. The question is, "can I really tone myself down???" Hmmmm. :PB)

For what it's worth... WELCOME to any and all new cachers that either live in or visit the greater CVC area. It sure would be nice to see the entire CVC Clan (old and new) this Saturday at the Gathering. Perhaps everyone could do a little research and send out personal invites (with Welcoming) to all the new faces. :P

While I certainly know it is not true in the slightest, it gives me reason to consider wording my posts & logs in a more politically correct (or whatever the word would be) manner. The question is, "can I really tone myself down???" Hmmmm. B):P

If it was anything I said in my logs regarding Tag I am truly sorry. I started this thread so that all of us in the Central Valley could get together and discuss caching. We have made a lot of new friends from this hobby, and this forum. All new cachers are always welcome, this is how are hobby gets better. :P

I'm excited for you! (And a little jealous!) :D

Me too! But please don't make me come to Missouri to bring CVC Tag home!

I'm sure looking forward to Saturday night - it should be fun!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I certainly know it is not true in the slightest, it gives me reason to consider wording my posts & logs in a more politically correct (or whatever the word would be) manner. The question is, "can I really tone myself down???" Hmmmm. :D:D

I have personally sent emails to some of the "newbies" welcoming them to the CVC as well as encouraging their cache placements...I did get a couple of encouraging replies, but not all replied to my email. So to all newbies in the area...WELCOME!!!! :D

I have some good news and some bad news.

First the bad news: I have to leave a day earlier than planned. I will not be able to make the going away event. I emailed Kenny to let him know, to see if everyone would like to do it a day earlier. He said that is not a good day for him. I am sorry, but you can still have the event on Saturday, and I will be thinking about you guys.

Second the good news: I get to arrive at my new house a day earlier, which means I can get things unpacked quicker and start my new job (which I am looking forward to).

First the bad news: I have to leave a day earlier than planned. I will not be able to make the going away event. I emailed Kenny to let him know, to see if everyone would like to do it a day earlier. He said that is not a good day for him. I am sorry, but you can still have the event on Saturday, and I will be thinking about you guys.

Second the good news: I get to arrive at my new house a day earlier, which means I can get things unpacked quicker and start my new job (which I am looking forward to).

Oh sure...You call me at the office, and harass ME about not being able to go...LOL! Looks like I am WAY off the hook on this one Pat! :)

We wish you safe travels.

OH NO!!

I've had several "associates" that I would like to have a farewell party without them... but you are not one of them.

Drive safe. Cache safe. And Godspeed.

-T- :):anibad::ph34r::)

On another note the event will still be going on... despite the lack of a really good reason. We will still eat, drink and be Mary (or john, or bob, or whomever you want to be)

I will be collecting any of the travel bugs that wanted to ehad easterly and youhad intended to send with Pat anyways and sending them to him afterwards.

I will also have something else for him that we will send afterwards so please do come still and tell your favorite Pat & Jaimee story.

Edited by Camel680

Now that the coast is clear... I guess my 'story' about Pat and Jaimee will work out just fine. :(

It's really a bummer to hear the main suspect will not be attending. Even today, I'm still getting email from cachers trying to get to CVC Tag!!! Talk about getting the 'Welcome wagon'. I think Pat's has a rope! :huh:

I better get back to writing my story - which will all indicate Fattuhr. Too bad he doesn't have a few minutes to defend himself. :(

Thanks to those that joined me in Turlock on Saturday! AND sorry that I goofed somehow on the coordinates. :D guess I needed to clean my glasses a bit.

No, thank YOU for taking the lead on this. And don't worry about the coordinates! I suspect Bill has cacahes posted with coordinates that far off! You sure hit the nail on the head when you put that "Guilty" label on him. :D:laughing:

Well, I really wanted to make the Tick event but at least my better half did and had a nice time.

BUT, while I was away I did a few VERY unique caches...With one of the cache owners permissions, they have allowed me to post some photos for sharing:

1bafd700-4f0b-41a8-a8f4-bd9da4603c49.jpg

c6c808b5-2c1a-4c09-a48a-149db523549c.jpg

52f0e20c-e4f8-4dd0-8673-2931962c4024.jpg

Keep in mind that this is in the middle of the desert near Tombstone...I would LOVE to see an "illegals" face should they have accidentally stumbled upon this!! :D:D:laughing::D (It used to talk as you opened the casket...)

I am also amazed that it has been there for over a year without being muggled...The cache is HUGE!!!

The RCGDS-CVC event will be here soon and this is to give everyone some info on this great event. On April 8th there will be a event in Lodi at Micky Grove Regional Park. I hope to have a very good showing of cachers. I can tell you that at the RCGDS events we get about 100 or so each time we have a event. The web page will be up soon and when it does go up please take a look for more info. Spread the word, invite people that don't read the forums. Send messages to the MAC group lets have some fun.

I hope to have a item that you can only get at the event unless I have extras at the end. This Event will be a meet and greet because we all know that the only numbers that count are the friends that you make.

Thank You

Richard of the GeoCrickets

Edited by GeoCrickets

The RCGDS-CVC event will be here soon and this is to give everyone some info on this great event. On April 8th there will be a event in Lodi at Micky Grove Regional Park. I hope to have a very good showing of cachers. I can tell you that at the RCGDS events we get about 100 or so each time we have a event. The web page will be up soon and when it does go up please take a look for more info. Spread the word, invite people that don't read the forums. Send messages to the MAC group lets have some fun.

I hope to have a item that you can only get at the event unless I have extras at the end. This Event will be a meet and greet because we all know that the only numbers that count are the friends that you make.

Thank You

:DB) Why, that's almost in Stockton! :P Count me in! :)B)

Thank You

Sounds like a lot of fun...We are going to try and make it.

Edited by Sanruft

Thank You

This is going to be one of the best events of the year. I'll try to be there... as long as Tim promisses not to bring any meat!

c082322a-2b89-44d8-ba5c-3ec883c4e2a0.jpg

Just a note: The March issue of "Highways" magazine, the official magazine of the Good Sam Club, has an article on Geocaching, called "Caching In". A very positive article, and it contains this quote: " In a nutshell, we're an eclectic group of people who share a few common traits that most of the general public doesn't have in like quantity. Most geocachers are above average in intelligence. They are creative. They generally have well-paying jobs. They share a love of computer hardware, gadgets and the outdoors." :D I think they must have been reading our forum! :D

Just a note: The March issue of "Highways" magazine, the official magazine of the Good Sam Club, has an article on Geocaching, called "Caching In". A very positive article, and it contains this quote: " In a nutshell, we're an eclectic group of people who share a few common traits that most of the general public doesn't have in like quantity. Most geocachers are above average in intelligence. They are creative. They generally have well-paying jobs. They share a love of computer hardware, gadgets and the outdoors." :D I think they must have been reading our forum! :D

I like that description!

... " In a nutshell, we're an eclectic group of people who share a few common traits that most of the general public doesn't have in like quantity. Most geocachers are above average in intelligence. They are creative. They generally have well-paying jobs. They share a love of computer hardware, gadgets and the outdoors." :huh: I think they must have been reading our forum! :huh:

So how do I fit in all this?

:anicute:

Anyone else going to the gathering? I may have my GA Glow Geocoins in by then!

37f055a7-0d6f-4f51-801b-7a78905848e4.jpg

Just a note: The March issue of "Highways" magazine, the official magazine of the Good Sam Club, has an article on Geocaching, called "Caching In". A very positive article, and it contains this quote: " In a nutshell, we're an eclectic group of people who share a few common traits that most of the general public doesn't have in like quantity. Most geocachers are above average in intelligence. They are creative. They generally have well-paying jobs. They share a love of computer hardware, gadgets and the outdoors." :D I think they must have been reading our forum! :)

I read the same article over the weekend...I found it to be an interesting way of portraying a geocacher.

Thank You

This is going to be one of the best events of the year. I'll try to be there... as long as Tim promisses not to bring any meat!

c082322a-2b89-44d8-ba5c-3ec883c4e2a0.jpg

uhhh..yeah....I can still smell the carcass. There was NO way that was coming home on the plane with me! :)

Hello all, we made is safe and sound. Pulled up to the house to find 6 inches of snow in the front yard. I will post pictures soon. Sounds like everyone had a good time at the event. Sorry I had to miss it.

Bill and Rochelle those coins look great, better send me a few so I can hide them here in Missouri. Talk to you all soon.

Hello all, we made is safe and sound. Pulled up to the house to find 6 inches of snow in the front yard. I will post pictures soon. Sounds like everyone had a good time at the event. Sorry I had to miss it.

Bill and Rochelle those coins look great, better send me a few so I can hide them here in Missouri. Talk to you all soon.

Yippee - you made it in good time. Uh, what is SNOW?

Yep - the party was fun, wish you could have been there. :smile:

-Tom-

Yippee - you made it in good time. Uh, what is SNOW?

Yep - the party was fun, wish you could have been there. :smile:

-Tom-

Tom from what I remember from the movies I have seen Snow is that stuff that makes your toes frozen and makes it hard to drive. Sounds like awful stuff if you ask me! :smile:

Edited by Camel680

... " In a nutshell, we're an eclectic group of people who share a few common traits that most of the general public doesn't have in like quantity. Most geocachers are above average in intelligence. They are creative. They generally have well-paying jobs. They share a love of computer hardware, gadgets and the outdoors." :smile: I think they must have been reading our forum! :wub:

So how do I fit in all this?

:smile:

Anyone else going to the gathering? I may have my GA Glow Geocoins in by then!

37f055a7-0d6f-4f51-801b-7a78905848e4.jpg

I realy like the coin bill. You did a fine job on it.

Richard

We just received our geocoin and will make an offer here for sale. The coins are trackable on geocaching.com and the regular coin is $8.00 There will be only 75 coins sold That is why we are offering them here before going to the goecoin forum.

If you respond make sure to include your geocaching name and an email address that I can invoice you.

ONLY 15 COINS LEFT

Bill there is one put aside for you.

Email me at old.hippy@sbcglobal.net

Oldhippy

33547073-c843-40d3-9955-64da2edc7705.jpg

Edited by Oldhippy & Granny