Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

I may just have to go searching one of these days.

Uh, ahem. Maybe you should search for a place to drop the CVC tag! I'm getting vibes that he is being mistreated and wants to get outa that car trunk. :D

lol! Patience Tom, or I may be forced to drop Tag WAY deep in Stanislaus County! :D

Thanks Green Achers and Touchstone. This is a start.

Wouldn't mind the 12 mile RT trip to the B-23, but getting myself to Idaho is another story! ;)

Bill, what is the name and location of the cache/pic you included?

Ron

Here's a couple more for you Ron. I posted these on that much maligned and detested new site :anitongue:

John Denver's Last Flight

The Macon Disaster

Neither is really a place you can visit (being in the middle of the ocean), but they were interesting stories.

I also seem to recall a cache that mentions the crash of a Air Force plane in Huntington Lake. I can't recall the name off the top of my head.

There are a couple more crash sites in Southern Monterey County that I've been investigating to make into a couple of Waymarks, but I think both of those are on private property.

And of course my all time favorite: The 1977 Lodestar Drug Plane crash in Yosemite. This story formed the basis for Nevada Barr's book, High Country.

lol! Patience Tom, or I may be forced to drop Tag WAY deep in Stanislaus County!  ;)

Put it up NorthEast of Farmington, that's still in the county. Technically Merced is not in Stanislaus County. :mad:

Yeah, but that may be a bit too close for those Stocktonians...I was thinking of going more towards Don Pedro and the like. :o;)

[ Technically Merced is not in Stanislaus County.  ;)

Yeah, but that may be a bit too close for those Stocktonians...I was thinking of going more towards Don Pedro and the like. :o;)

So Pat - is it called the Stanislaus County TAG?

You can't quibble that Merced is definitely part of the Central Valley!!

Guess I'd better shut up now or we will be looking for poor Tag in the snow of Missouri! :mad:

[ Technically Merced is not in Stanislaus County.  ;)

Guess I'd better shut up now or we will be looking for poor Tag in the snow of Missouri! :mad:

I hear there is a central valley in Missouri! LOL

I just checked the cache page. It has changed a bit from the original. Originally it was to be kept in Stanislaus County.

Yes Merced is in the Central Valley, no doubt about that. I hadn't read the cache page since it was originally posted.

Better hope I don't find Tag around the middle of February, or I gonna have to add Webster county as part of the hiding area. :cool:

Actually, I'd like Tag to remain within a reasonable distance from the person responsible for maintaining it. Merced is pushing it but Missouri is out of bounds (even if someone's paying for my flight and rental car - Pat). :anicute:

Past experience indicates Tag will sit way too long in distant locations (like Copperopolis). It's more fun anyway to have it around and see who's quick on the recovery plus the challenge of it morphing from time to time.

What kind of evil geocacher would even think of taking Tag out of the CVC area? I admit I've had fun with morphing it and planting it in nasty areas, but come on! Please don't even talk about taking it beyond the great Central Valley! :anicute:

Three things:

1. SOME of the folks think Merced is on a different planet, right Bill? But TAG has survived well in Merced (and has actually lived there quite a bit.)

2. Tag told me he HATES snow. Be kind to him.

3. The phrase "That Stockton Lady" was copyrighted last month!! <_<

What kind of evil geocacher would even think of taking Tag out of the CVC area? I admit I've had fun with morphing it and planting it in nasty areas, but come on! Please don't even talk about taking it beyond the great Central Valley!  :anicute:

Three things:

1. SOME of the folks think Merced is on a different planet, right Bill? But TAG has survived well in Merced (and has actually lived there quite a bit.)

2. Tag told me he HATES snow. Be kind to him.

3. The phrase "That Stockton Lady" was copyrighted last month!! <_<

Uh oh.......

Actually, I'd like Tag to remain within a reasonable distance from the person responsible for maintaining it. Merced is pushing it but Missouri is out of bounds (even if someone's paying for my flight and rental car - Pat). :rolleyes:

Past experience indicates Tag will sit way too long in distant locations (like Copperopolis). It's more fun anyway to have it around and see who's quick on the recovery plus the challenge of it morphing from time to time.

Yes Dad....

And yes, it is WELL within the Stanislaus County borders, and near the center of the Central Valley. (Now why on Earth would I want to move TAG from this little slice of heaven we call the Central Valley??!!) :anibad:

Tell the truth now Tim. You know you are looking at property elsewhere. :santa:

And yes, it is WELL within the Stanislaus County borders, and near the center of the Central Valley. (Now why on Earth would I want to move TAG from this little slice of heaven we call the Central Valley??!!)  :anibad:

Tell the truth now Tim. You know you are looking at property elsewhere. :santa:

Well, maybe just a little! (ok, more than just a little...and yes, I was exaggerating slightly by referring to the Central Valley about being a slice of heaven) :o

Bill? Are you still around? I have something for you. We're moving (again) things are again well with us, but I'm tying up some loose ends. The house is about to go in escrow and we are again moving to Idaho.

I will check back later. if you want to email me, I use the same user name but @charter.net I still have hotmail but I don't check as often.

Thread Hijack - for a minute only.  Anyone heard from KRYPTON or HEMLOCK lately?  I put 2 new caches out for approval on the 16th... and so far, just silence???

I think we have been spoiled by how fast KRYPTON and HEMLOCK have been approving our caches. It's only been 3 days. Even cache approvers have to take a break once in a while. :P:lol::D

Thread Hijack - for a minute only. Anyone heard from KRYPTON or HEMLOCK lately? I put 2 new caches out for approval on the 16th... and so far, just silence???

I talked to KRYPTON after bagging that FTF (out from under the feet of MAC). He's doing well but I think not approving too much these days.

HEMLOCK keeps popping into CVC to Geocache. I think he's trying to have a life in addition to keeping all of Northern California on the straight and narrow. [i know what some of you are thinking. Don't say it!!] :rolleyes:

Venona on the other hand is going to be in trouble. I think we'll have breaking news tonight - which I'll likely relay over to this forum when it happens. In case anyone's interested in reviewing the progress that's been made, go to the GBA Forum. :D

Thread Hijack - for a minute only.  Anyone heard from KRYPTON or HEMLOCK lately?  I put 2 new caches out for approval on the 16th... and so far, just silence???

I talked to KRYPTON after bagging that FTF (out from under the feet of MAC). He's doing well but I think not approving too much these days.

HEMLOCK keeps popping into CVC to Geocache. I think he's trying to have a life in addition to keeping all of Northern California on the straight and narrow. [i know what some of you are thinking. Don't say it!!] <_<

Venona on the other hand is going to be in trouble. I think we'll have breaking news tonight - which I'll likely relay over to this forum when it happens. In case anyone's interested in reviewing the progress that's been made, go to the GBA Forum. :D

Uh oh... maybe Venona KIDNAPPED Hemlock along with the travel bugs!! It's been 6 days now since my new caches were posted.

We really need to get movin if Hemlock is in the hands of Venona. But his (or her) codes are way hard!

Dastardly, I say, dastardly. :rolleyes:

Uh oh... maybe Venona KIDNAPPED Hemlock along with the travel bugs!!  It's been 6 days now since my new caches were posted.

We really need to get movin if Hemlock is in the hands of Venona.  But his (or her) codes are way hard!

Cancel the Hemlock alert. He / she is alive and well and has approved 2 of the 3 caches I had in the queue.

But Bill, we expected some breaking news, maybe even an arrest of the travel bug kidnapper. What happened? :)

So glad you asked. We have completed our investigation and are now preparing for the arrest. It looks like we have a meeting scheduled...

CONGRATULATIONS.

YOU NOW HAVE ALL ACTIVITIES COMPLETE. WE RETURN TRAVELS BUG HOTEL WITH TRAVELS BUGS.

RETURN DROPSITE AT TRADER COIN EVENT AFTER TWO DAYS PEARL HARBOR IN SOUP CITY.

AT EXACTLY 1900 HOURS PST AT EVENT OPEN URL:

http://home.comcast.net/~Venona/2005/RELEASE.html

ONLY URL VALID FOR 5 MINUTES.

DO NOT OPEN BEFORE MOMENT OR WE MAY KILL TRAVELS BUG.

It's been a real battle and I'm not sure it's over yet! The forum is open to all but requires you create a user name and password. Venona 2005

Anyone interested in a little survailance mission?! <_<

So glad you asked. We have completed our investigation and are now preparing for the arrest. It looks like we have a meeting scheduled...

CONGRATULATIONS.

YOU NOW HAVE ALL ACTIVITIES COMPLETE. WE RETURN TRAVELS BUG HOTEL WITH TRAVELS BUGS.

RETURN DROPSITE AT TRADER COIN EVENT AFTER TWO DAYS PEARL HARBOR IN SOUP CITY.

AT EXACTLY 1900 HOURS PST AT EVENT OPEN URL:

http://home.comcast.net/~Venona/2005/RELEASE.html

ONLY URL VALID FOR 5 MINUTES.

DO NOT OPEN BEFORE MOMENT OR WE MAY KILL TRAVELS BUG.

It's been a real battle and I'm not sure it's over yet! The forum is open to all but requires you create a user name and password. Venona 2005

Anyone interested in a little survailance mission?! :o

sounds very much like fun..... Wish I could make it to watch someone besides me get geo arrested! LOL

I jsut might make it regardless I think I am due to go to the inlaws there in San Jose that weekend anyways!

I know you'll all need more things to talk about today so print this out for your family to solve. Tell them out your addiction. Then take them out on an adventure! :mad:

OK Bill. I had other plans for the day, but this one looks like fun. Now I'm gonna have to spend time figuring it out. Probably won't go hunt it today though. :)