Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

[Political grin] Gee, CVC Tag!!! can be fun. :lol:

Well now.... I'm heading north to Sacratomato tomorrow - so maybe, just maybe, I should rescue the Tag once again.

The FARMER takes the poor tag to a city hall when all TAG wanted to do was visit with his friends from the north. Tag doesn't especially like to be around political hacks.

Decisions, decisions - are there others from the north that Tag would like to visit with? Or are OF and Bill the extennt of his friends?

:drama:

Decisions, decisions - are there others from the north that Tag would like to visit with? Or are OF and Bill the extennt of his friends?

:drama:

Well, I did challenge Bill to put it in my neck of the woods. I guess I'm to far south for him. :lol:

I'm up awful early this morning, but I do have things to do. Maybe I'll time to head north today. :drama:

Only about 9 days this time...And I was very happy about that!!

So what did you bring us? World Geocoins? New cache idea's? Odd trade items? Tell me - tell me! Huh?! :blink:;)

hmmm...what did I learn....Well, perhaps I will show you rather than TELL you!! :ph34r:;) (Although I did not find any world coins or treasures) :ph34r:

I gotta say that caching was a painful experience today. Instead of finding the cache I found a nest of angry bees instead. Ran like heck but got stung quite a few times before we got them out of my hair and shirt :) Good thing Im not allergic or I would really be hating it.

wooo.... what cache was that I'll have to stay away from it for a while!!!! atleast until the rain washes it all away! :huh:

Hope you are allright!

New stuff coming soon! I've just completed several more "Master of Disguise" caches and Photom and I are going to set out a new one soon. All should be fun. The Absoulte best cache idea I've ever had, (and I don't think it's ever been done) will be set out soon. Sorry CVC, it's going to be bay area. I wonder what the possibility is of getting a waypoint that is already assigned to another cache. Getting that waypoint would truely make this cache awesome.

New stuff coming soon!  ....I wonder what the possibility is of getting a waypoint that is already assigned to another cache. Getting that waypoint would truely make this cache awesome.

I can hardly wait to see what you two are up to... seeing how I hardly trust either one of you, let alone the mix. :ph34r:

BILL! There you go again! It's obvious you are the one we should be very cautious about. You and that Stockton lady. I'm sure if we took a poll, Brute and I wouldn't even make the "watch out for" list.

I think you are much more pleasant when you are worring about your nuts! :lol:

...... that Stockton lady.  I'm sure if we took a poll, Brute and I wouldn't even make the "watch out for" list. 

Hey Tom, "That Stockton Lady" wants to know why you are holding on to CVC Tag. Are you changing it into something even more devilish than last time?? I can hardly wait.

Uhhh, OF, I believe if you look closer you will see that CAMEL680 has had it for over a week now. Maybe he is morphing it.

But if you want to get it from him and bring it to Merced again, I'd be glad to make a new container...... maybe.

...... that Stockton lady.  I'm sure if we took a poll, Brute and I wouldn't even make the "watch out for" list. 

Hey Tom, "That Stockton Lady" wants to know why you are holding on to CVC Tag. Are you changing it into something even more devilish than last time?? I can hardly wait.

Uhhh, OF, I believe if you look closer you will see that CAMEL680 has had it for over a week now. Maybe he is morphing it.

But if you want to get it from him and bring it to Merced again, I'd be glad to make a new container...... maybe.

Who has it???????????? I haven't gotten any caches lately let alone TAG! I wanted to go get it... bUT I missed it.

Geez you hijak one white Jeep and you get a rep forever! :rolleyes:

(Edited cuz I ca't type!)

Edited by Camel680

Who has it????????????  I haven't gotten any caches lately let alone TAG!  I wanted to go get it...  bUT I missed it.

Geez you hijak one white Jeep and you get a rep forever!  :rolleyes:

Ooops, sorry, guess it was Fattuhr who's hoarding it.

But you are right Camel680, even knowing that Pat has it, I can't help but think that you are involved somehow.

Who has it????????????  I haven't gotten any caches lately let alone TAG!  I wanted to go get it...  bUT I missed it.

Geez you hijak one white Jeep and you get a rep forever!  :blink:

Ooops, sorry, guess it was Fattuhr who's hoarding it.

But you are right Camel680, even knowing that Pat has it, I can't help but think that you are involved somehow.

Gee Thanks!!!!!!!!!!! LOL :rolleyes:

Now Pat, why are you holding on to Tag?

It has been hidden. I figured that it would have been picked up by now, since you were all worried about it. :o

Pat I believe the problem for most was that they were looking at the coordinates at the top of the page.

I was gone until late alst night in Alabama.... But rest assured this is close enough for me to go looking maybe later today when I get a lunch.

I see a new cache but it's in Merced which everyone knows is past the edge of the earth. :P

SOUTHERNERS!! LOCK YOUR DOORS. SECURE the HATCHES. I just got a call from Bill who is taking the huge risk of crossing the line past the end of the earth!

Yes - he called to get confidence that he could safely traverse that "line."

Naturally, I told him that he would be fine.... but I did have my fingers crossed when I told him.

Q: How many farmers does it take to play Hide and Seek"?

A: Just 1 :P:D

BILL is coming HERE????? :D

I'm going to go stake out a cache and watch 'cause I won't BELIEVE it unless I actually SEE it! :P

UPDATE:

He he. NOW WE HAVE EVIDENCE!!! Bill got BUSTED by security cameras at the new "Master of Disguise IV!!!"

Apparently, he was asked to leave the area - and return to the NORTH of the line to the end of the Earth!!

I told you I had my fingeres crossed when I told him it was OK.... :P:P

Well, he does look suspicious! :D No one questioned us, but we did wonder about cameras.

So much for "Southern Hospitality", huh? Now he'll probably NEVER come back. :P

Never come back? NEVER?

Well then, maybe you Southerners would do better at finding FTF's!

While he was across the line, he managed to snag the FTF on the new Brute-Photom cache, "The Eyes Have It." Southerners, be ashamed.

Not only did an outsider get the FTF, but a FARMER as well!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, while Bill was out floundering around in Snelling, I played diplomat with the security folks at Master of Disguise IV. That cache (and any associated material) is now securely sleeping in my car.

[Never come back? NEVER?

Well then, maybe you Southerners would do better at finding FTF's!

While he was across the line, he managed to snag the FTF on the new Brute-Photom cache, "The Eyes Have It." Southerners, be ashamed.

Not only did an outsider get the FTF, but a FARMER as well!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, while Bill was out floundering around in Snelling, I played diplomat with the security folks at Master of Disguise IV. That cache (and any associated material) is now securely sleeping in my car.

Bill is a crafty one...When he sets-out to do something, he usually does it right. (and the FTF is proof of that!) :rolleyes:

Talk about a the cold shoulder... can't they warm those hand cuffs up a little. :rolleyes: Thanks again for posting bail Photom.

But really, Mr. Brute did a wonderful job on the cache (other than setting it up in front of a bunch of security camera's). I hope he can relocate it to somewhere a little less guarded. I suggest

es-fortknox390.jpg

Had a great victory dance as Tom pointed out. How sweat it is to beat the locals in their own game! Whoa, I'm still feeling the groove. :lol:

Ya, that's the problem with driving 2 hours RT... hunting a cache... booking... posting bail... etc. You know. :ph34r:

I look forward to returning (now that I know I won't fall off the earth).

Careful bill.... next thing you know they'll be telling you that they are your father and asking you to join the dark side :(

Hey Central Valley Cachers...

Been a long time since i've posted here, but I still see some familiar names, so here goes.

Some two years since I looked for or placed a cache, having gotten involved in other treasure hunting pursuits.

Now I am getting a little interested in "Wreck Chasing". No, not the kind I posted in my "Where's That Valet?" series, but aircraft wrecks.

There are several books out on the subject (I haven't ordered any yet) and at least some of the newer ones post latitude and longitude for GPS users...only makes sense. Some of the reading I've done on the internet though gives the impression that there is a bit of a secretive flavor coming from those who do it. Trying to protect the wrecks from the masses I guess.

Of course the wreckage that still exists is off the beaten path...usually means going cross country across rugged terrain. Crashes in more civilized areas are cleaned up, and not much point in going to them.

Anyway, any interest here and has anyone done any of this?

Ron :lol:

Edited by Ron Streeter
Hey Central Valley Cachers...

Been a long time since i've posted here, but I still see some familiar names, so here goes.

Some two years since I looked for or placed a cache, having gotten involved in other treasure hunting pursuits.

Now I am getting a little interested in "Wreck Chasing". No, not the kind I posted in my "Where's That Valet?" series, but aircraft wrecks.

There are several books out on the subject (I haven't ordered any yet) and at least some of the newer ones post latitude and longitude for GPS users...only makes sense. Some of the reading I've done on the internet though gives the impression that there is a bit of a secretive flavor coming from those who do it. Trying to protect the wrecks from the masses I guess.

Of course the wreckage that still exists is off the beaten path...usually means going cross country across rugged terrain. Crashes in more civilized areas are cleaned up, and not much point in going to them.

Anyway, any interest here and has anyone done any of this?

Ron  :lol:

That actually sounds kind of interesting. I had never heard of it before though....

Ohhh and welcome back!

Edited by Camel680

Hey Ron! Great to hear you're around. I often wonder what you're up to.

Yes, I've thought about tracking downed plans. Current crashes normally turn on the on board signal which is tracked by satillite and reported to CAP to investigate. Older wrecks and drug runners are normally found by dumb chance. Here's one I just found a few days ago.

8a963ba4-feee-4e3d-a514-29f9f0fb9937.jpg

Notice the label on it. It's really a life sized Geocache!

Oooh, nice wreck Bill :D

Here's one of my all time favorite DNF's:

87c05445-eae6-4e6f-bce9-8fbfdba69249.jpg

It was something like a 12 mile hike RT, with a handful of other caches in route. The story of the crash is nearly as amazing as the plane itself (although the cache description doesn't say much about it).

Here's the cache: B-23

Here's the story of the crash: Dragon Bomber Crash Story.

Crashing a plane in the middle of winter in Idaho, miles from nowhere; I can't even begin to imagine :lol: