Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

Either that, or we all have old houses! 

Ours is 30 years old and needs new everything!  We started with a new roof in August and are moving on to other projects as time will allow!

Put us in the old house category too. We did the roof a few years ago and the kitchen last year.

The house and pool is about 33 years old, so the current projects in the mill are: Complete redo of the pool, putting tile floors in the family room and one bathroom, and putiing wood flooring in the master B/R.

When will it end... or will it??

:rolleyes:

We had a great time at that MAC Picnic in Merced yesterday.  We took the tour of the Airplane Museum and then it was lunch time.  Lots of great food and the tri-tip sandwiches were delicious.  After lunch we broke up in groups and started the poker run.  It was great with caches all over the base.  I had not been here before so I really enjoyed it.  bThomas, DavidT21 and I came in second with two pair.  They had great prizes for ALL.  Next thing you know it was time to leave, no, not go home, just do a little more caching before heading home.  The MAC group put on a fabulous event, thanks guys and gals.    The only problem was they couldn't get the SR71 started so we did not get rides.

:rolleyes: ("Re-hiding" New York was a highlight) :D

:D

Check the freezer, yea right, I knew somebody was up to no good <_< Well, the rehide wasn't that bad.:( Of course we, team 9, got blamed for it but talked our way out of being the culprit B):DB):D

LOL! Yeah, it was funny to see the fingerpointing. We "learned" those bad habits from watching people like Laura of OF and Bill of GA...The sad part is that we had some newbies with us and unfortunately, they picked-up those bad habits!! :cry: We all had a good laugh about it. :D

Ours is 30 years old and needs new everything!  We started with a new roof in August and are moving on to other projects as time will allow!

Put us in the old house category too. We did the roof a few years ago and the kitchen last year.

The house and pool is about 33 years old, so the current projects in the mill are: Complete redo of the pool, putting tile floors in the family room and one bathroom, and putiing wood flooring in the master B/R.

Just re-did the pool and everything else mentioned, and we are already looking at new ideas for other projects. (And all new furniture as well!!) <_< I don't think that it ever ends.

And we are in the "old-house" category. (About 27 years old)

And we are in the "old-house" category. (About 27 years old)

Old house? Our's turns 70 next year! Anybody remember knob and post wiring? <_<

Yeah, Ted, but 70 years old is "charming" and "quaint", 30 years old is just worn and tired. :cry:

Tim, you totally taught those newbies the fun way to cache!

LOL!! Too funny!! :rolleyes: Actually, it is I who feels just worn and tired!! <_<

Yeah, the newbies went and purchased GPS's (His and hers) today. They caught the bug. :(

Ours is 30 years old and needs new everything! We started with a new roof in August and are moving on to other projects as time will allow!

30 years old? That doesn't even have knob and tube wiring like our farm house was upgraded with. At least I think wiring was an upgrade!?! Anyone old enough to know about the building codes from 1912? Or did they even have building codes?

Anyway, one of the bonuses to rebuilting our place was when I found a 1936 buffalo nickle that was under one of the walls. :rolleyes:

Old house? Our's turns 70 next year! Anybody remember knob and post wiring? :cry:

I think one of our last contractors we hired still uses that! :rolleyes::D<_< (He didn't even turn off the power when installing he new lighting / fans, etc... :(

That explains why I got shot across the garage last week when installing that ceiling fan?!?!?!?!?!?!

Hey Bill....

Welcome back... How was the Reno Air races? Did you get he package I left on your porch?

Very sad, and scary. Hope things work out OK for the poor lady.

I'm impressed by those kids stepping in (presumeably under a fairly dangerous situation too). They are to be applauded for their efforts. Having been in a similar situation (the CPR part anyway), I know how panicky it can feel. Did they have access to an AED? A device like that can definitely make the difference between life and death in a situation like that.

Very sad tonight...A lady was struck by lightnening not too far from our home tonight. One of the students from our childrens' high-school performed CPR unil the medics arrived...edited...She is reported to be in critical condition. :ph34r:

I heard all of the sirens and such.... My kids and I were outside when one of the lightning strikes hit and the noise was crashing and the lightning was literally right above us....... I knew that it was one of several that were very near our neighborhood...... I think our power was out for about 2 hours or so.....

My hats off to those young adults that stepped in and helped out in a very urgent time of need.

I saw it on the news this morning that was the first that I had heard that anyone had been hit.

Very sad, and scary. Hope things work out OK for the poor lady.

I'm impressed by those kids stepping in (presumeably under a fairly dangerous situation too). They are to be applauded for their efforts. Having been in a similar situation (the CPR part anyway), I know how panicky it can feel. Did they have access to an AED? A device like that can definitely make the difference between life and death in a situation like that.

She did not have access to an AED...She just stepped-up and did what she knew how to do. It is really refreshing to see someone so young go above and beyond to help someone. :ph34r:

A local realtor also stepped-in to help.

She did not have access to an AED...She just stepped-up and did what she knew how to do. It is really refreshing to see someone so young go above and beyond to help someone. :(

A local realtor also stepped-in to help.

It is wonderful to see kids think so un-selfishly. In todays world, a good majority wouldn't have done what she did. She should be nominated for an outstanding citizen award. :(

I had an uplifting view of people's good will yesterday... we had been clueless about the evenings breaking news when we walked into a Sizzler. While selecting our order, I noticed that the entire place was stopped and fixed on the various TV's [a trademark of a quality steak house]. I wrote it off as a bunch of ball game nuts until the entire place broke out in cheers and then aplause. Unlike any portion of the best game, every last person had lost their composure.

It was then that I realized that these people were truely interested in the safety of the 180+ people that had just crash landed in LAX without a single injury. No one knew anyone in the plane but everyone was hoping (praying even) for the best.

All I could think was 'Gee, it's great to see so many people with the right attitude.'

As far as the lightning, it would be my prayer that this would turn out with a happy ending. I'm sure the little hero would be walking a mile high if her efforts saves a life.

It was then that I realized that these people were truely interested in the safety of the 180+ people that had just crash landed in LAX without a single injury. No one knew anyone in the plane but everyone was hoping (praying even) for the best.

All I could think was 'Gee, it's great to see so many people with the right attitude.'

As far as the lightning, it would be my prayer that this would turn out with a happy ending. I'm sure the little hero would be walking a mile high if her efforts saves a life.

I can only hope that my pilot is that competent...He did a fantastic job landing that plane.

Interestingly enough, our family knows this girl rather well. She has had some "self-created difficulties" over the last few years and if you knew her the way we do, you would be even more impressed. She most definitely went "outside" her more recent charcacter to prove her own worthiness. it was really quite moving and impressive. I have not seen any updates about the woman's condition. We are hoping for the best.

Finally got to go out and use my dusty GPS this weekend. Just did 4 but it was nice to get out again for a change.

The wife had to work so it gave me an excuse to druve up to Stockton also. Just spent a couple of hours. AND ran into Ted of Ted andRosa also at the first cache I was doing.

Nice to see you again Detective Ted.

...ran into Ted of Ted andRosa also at the first cache I was doing.

Nice to see you again Detective Ted.

That wasn't by chance... he's still casing you, Kenny. Guess it's your long record and all. :laughing::lol:

You know I was wondering why hew had the 2 billion candle power light pointing at my face and was asking what I was doing the afternoon of September 17th! :laughing:

You know I was wondering why hew had the 2 billion candle power light pointing at my face and was asking what I was doing the afternoon of September 17th! :laughing:

Oh, that light had to be held by Ryan Tek (aka, Landing Light Lad). He introduced us to his shoulder strapped 'flashlight' at Wait Until Dark. Shortly into the night hike, the FAA had to detour traffic so they'd stop taking their final approach towards the fire-flies. :unsure: I'm telling you, that kid's got a light that you can weld metal with.

Good to know that Ryan and Ted are on your case. :blink:

You know I was wondering why hew had the 2 billion candle power light pointing at my face and was asking what I was doing the afternoon of September 17th!  :laughing:

Oh, that light had to be held by Ryan Tek (aka, Landing Light Lad). He introduced us to his shoulder strapped 'flashlight' at Wait Until Dark. Shortly into the night hike, the FAA had to detour traffic so they'd stop taking their final approach towards the fire-flies. :unsure: I'm telling you, that kid's got a light that you can weld metal with.

I remember that flashlight from the WUDstock event.... However I thought it was Peter who had it.. Don't know... Memory is one of the first things to go in ones old age!!! (atleast my wife keeps telling me I am old!)

You know I was wondering why hew had the 2 billion candle power light pointing at my face and was asking what I was doing the afternoon of September 17th!  :laughing:

I remember that flashlight from the WUDstock event.... However I thought it was Peter who had it.. Don't know... Memory is one of the first things to go in ones old age!!! (atleast my wife keeps telling me I am old!)

OK, I bit on 'Hot Potato' and sent it to friends in WY, OR and NV. I see the WY folks already entered it.

PS: I too went out last weekend and got a few caches in Livermore, finally got around to Green Acres Code Cache.

7cf90c29-6f92-4b5a-9bba-268eff40e88e.jpg

IS he hauling a new cache container?? :laughing:

Might be but knowing his trickiness it is probably not the bvious one. Probably one of the lug nuts or something like that! Plus it will be a multi where you ahve to find the keys to the tractor elsewhere and then use them to unlock the glove box to get the tool for the lugnut.

(hopefully I didn't just give you all an idea!!! )

Hi there,

I was told that the center of California is:

lat=36.965 & lon=-119.63

http://www.geocaching.com/map/getmap.aspx?...965&lon=-119.63

Do you know if this is true? It appears accesible ... Why no cache in the area?

I'm not sure what coordinate format you're using, but this cache by the fogheads is considered the geographical center of California:

Center of California Cache

On the first California Geocoin, that was used for the little flag point on the main side of the coin on the outline of California.

Hi there,

I was told that the center of California is:

lat=36.965 & lon=-119.63

http://www.geocaching.com/map/getmap.aspx?...965&lon=-119.63

Do you know if this is true? It appears accesible ... Why no cache in the area?

The debate about the center of California has been ongoing for many, many years. Some beleive it is a little further north (like Merced or Modesto) while others beleive it is closer to Fresno or Madera or even further south. (I have even heard an argument for Patterson once). Those who have traveled the entire distance probably have an entirely different idea as well.

To my knowledge, it has never been proven to the exact center of the state. (But feel free to place a new cache anyway!!) :lol::):)

B)B):PB):DB)

Problem is I think that might be $ATM$

$ATM$'s tractor is a convertable but it's burgany - not 'pull me over, red'. Otherwise, the unburnt - high octain fuel looks familiar.

As far as the lug nut... I've already entertained that idea. But everyone knows tractors don't have glove boxes. B) The key would be inside the tire anyway. Ever break the bead on a tractor tire?!? B)

:PB)B):DB)B)

$ATM$'s tractor is a convertable but it's burgany - not 'pull me over, red'. Otherwise, the unburnt - high octain fuel looks familiar.

As far as the lug nut... I've already entertained that idea. But everyone knows tractors don't have glove boxes. B) The key would be inside the tire anyway. Ever break the bead on a tractor tire?!? B)

No can't say I ever broke the bead on a tractor tire.... Just a stock car. And a 1/4 midget.

:PB)B):DB)B)

Broke a bead once on a lawn mower...Does that count? :P