Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

It is getting closer to the gathering in Merced...it will be nice to see everyone again!  :D

:huh: Yep - the MAC folks are meeting this week to finalize the dastardly devious details!

hmmmm...Judging by the last time we picked-up the CVC Tag hidden by someone from Merced, this should be interesting!! ;):D

Just for clarification Tom..... I wasn't laughing at the fact that you got Ivy..... Jsut the way you tied it in.....

I have never had the misfortune of getting it and I am sure it sucks! I am jsut not sure if I am allergic or not.

No offence taken. I didn't use to get it either, then one year, I got into some poison oak on a gold dredging trip and wowzers. Ever since then, it seems it is easy to get. My problem was that I recognize the oak, but not the ivy they have in the midwest.

It's nearly all cleared up now.... :lol:

Hey Pat...How is Jaimee doing back in New Orleans?

She gets depressed quite often, but she is working hard and helping out as much as she can. :D

Is she depressed because she is away from her home, or is it the surroundings?? (Could be both I suppose).

What she is doing is honorable. Proud should be what she should be feeling! :D

Hey Pat...How is Jaimee doing back in New Orleans?

She gets depressed quite often, but she is working hard and helping out as much as she can. :D

Is she depressed because she is away from her home, or is it the surroundings?? (Could be both I suppose).

What she is doing is honorable. Proud should be what she should be feeling! :D

She absolutely should feel proud..... She is doing what MOST of us wouldn't do even if they could.

There haven't been a lot of new caches placed in the (Modesto / Ripon / Turlock / Manteca) area in awhile...hmmm...Maybe it's time to place a cache or two!  ;)

I have reason to believe that the Merced area will have quite a few new caches, maybe even a dozen, just in time for the "Picnic with the Blackbird." THis does not include the "temporary" caches for the event. Watch for postings about Thursday afternoon! :D

Edited by Photom
There haven't been a lot of new caches placed in the (Modesto / Ripon / Turlock / Manteca) area in awhile...hmmm...Maybe it's time to place a cache or two! ;)

I heard that. Maybe I need to get a life and get rid of all these caches that I've been working on for so long. Good thing I know where they all go... now I just need to find a life. :D

There haven't been a lot of new caches placed in the (Modesto / Ripon / Turlock / Manteca) area in awhile...hmmm...Maybe it's time to place a cache or two!  :D

I have reason to believe that the Merced area will have quite a few new caches, maybe even a dozen, just in time for the "Picnic with the Blackbird." THis does not include the "temporary" caches for the event. Watch for postings about Thursday afternoon! :laughing:

Tom, You are right! I know what I am doing this weekend. Putting the final touches on a few caches I have up my sleeve. Anyone who needs to satisfy their caching itch should keep their eyes on the Merced area :D .

There haven't been a lot of new caches placed in the (Modesto / Ripon / Turlock / Manteca) area in awhile...hmmm...Maybe it's time to place a cache or two!  B)

I have reason to believe that the Merced area will have quite a few new caches, maybe even a dozen, just in time for the "Picnic with the Blackbird." THis does not include the "temporary" caches for the event. Watch for postings about Thursday afternoon! :grin:

Tom, You are right! I know what I am doing this weekend. Putting the final touches on a few caches I have up my sleeve. Anyone who needs to satisfy their caching itch should keep their eyes on the Merced area B) .

We always do! :o

NEW CACHE IN MO-TOWN JUST POSTED........

Any one on the east side may have a shot at FTF...

hmmm...A travel bug hotel as well...I have a bug that needs to get on its way so I may have to venture that way soon! (VERY soon!) :D

WOW!!!!!! it went all day and no logs....for sure I was thinking one of you would have went 4 it!!!! :D

hmmm...A travel bug hotel as well...I have a bug that needs to get on its way so I may have to venture that way soon! (VERY soon!) :D

WOW!!!!!! it went all day and no logs....for sure I was thinking one of you would have went 4 it!!!! :D

I had every intention on doing it today but had to work late tonight. (Bummer!) :D

I had every intention on doing it today but had to work late tonight. (Bummer!) :D

Ok, we couldn't stand it...We just had to grab this one tonight as it was so close to our home. Nice cache! :D:D

Ok, we couldn't stand it...We just had to grab this one tonight as it was so close to our home. Nice cache! :D:D

Way to go!!!!! FTF!!!! hope u liked..not the best but should work out...I hope!

Hey! It wasn't me saying I was hiding caches last weekend. Someone must have been using my alias! :D:lol:;):D:P:D

In any event.......ha ha, event, get it? Anyway, come on down to Merced on Saturday for some good geofood, geofellowship and geocaching fun. Oh yeah, we have geoprizes, I know because I bought some of them! :D See you there.

Edited by 2 for the road
Hey! It wasn't me saying I was hiding caches last weekend. Someone must have been using my alias! ;):D:D:P:P:P

Aha - a mystery in the making! Who has the 2fer's signon? I'd vote for either:

Outrageous Fortunes or Radikel.

But after the Ripon event, I could also be persuaded that it was Camel680 or Bill of Green Archers too.

But, I do have FIVE new caches in the mill to be approved on Thursday - or maybe Friday.

Hey!  It wasn't me saying I was hiding caches last weekend.  Someone must have been using my alias!  :D  :D  ;)  :P  :D  :P

Aha - a mystery in the making! Who has the 2fer's signon? I'd vote for either:

Outrageous Fortunes or Radikel.

But after the Ripon event, I could also be persuaded that it was Camel680 or Bill of Green Archers too.

But, I do have FIVE new caches in the mill to be approved on Thursday - or maybe Friday.

If it is the banner you speak of, Bill has it and I have agreed to pick it up and bring it to the event. If it is NOT the banner, than I have NO idea what you are referring to!! :P

If it is the banner you speak of, Bill has it and I have agreed to pick it up and bring it to the event. If it is NOT the banner, than I have NO idea what you are referring to!! ;)

I have a banner that Pepper made, and brought to an event that was at our house a few years ago. She made it for the CVC, and since I am moving away from the CVC, I will have to leave it for you all. I'll get in touch with you Tim. :P

If it is the banner you speak of, Bill has it and I have agreed to pick it up and bring it to the event. If it is NOT the banner, than I have NO idea what you are referring to!!  :P

I have a banner that Pepper made, and brought to an event that was at our house a few years ago. She made it for the CVC, and since I am moving away from the CVC, I will have to leave it for you all. I'll get in touch with you Tim. ;)

Very cool Pat...I will await your call. :P

There haven't been a lot of new caches placed in the (Modesto / Ripon / Turlock / Manteca) area in awhile...hmmm...Maybe it's time to place a cache or two!  :)

I have reason to believe that the Merced area will have quite a few new caches, maybe even a dozen, just in time for the "Picnic with the Blackbird." THis does not include the "temporary" caches for the event. Watch for postings about Thursday afternoon! :P

Whoa! There are FIFTEEN (yes 15) new Merced area caches posted today!!

Guess the picnic attendees will have plenty to do before and after.

FOR THOSE ATTENDING THE PICNIC WITH THE BLACKBIRD TOUR:

Please see the web page. Tour starts at 11:00 AM. $3 adults $2 kids.

There haven't been a lot of new caches placed in the (Modesto / Ripon / Turlock / Manteca) area in awhile...hmmm...Maybe it's time to place a cache or two!  :)

I have reason to believe that the Merced area will have quite a few new caches, maybe even a dozen, just in time for the "Picnic with the Blackbird." THis does not include the "temporary" caches for the event. Watch for postings about Thursday afternoon! :)

Whoa! There are FIFTEEN (yes 15) new Merced area caches posted today!!

Guess the picnic attendees will have plenty to do before and after.

FOR THOSE ATTENDING THE PICNIC WITH THE BLACKBIRD TOUR:

Please see the web page. Tour starts at 11:00 AM. $3 adults $2 kids.

Excellent!! It sounds like a great deal of fun and we are looking forward to it! :)

...But after the Ripon event, I could also be persuaded that it was Camel680 or Bill of Green Archers too...

Not a chance... I haven't found a life yet and didn't even get to do any stashing of my already prepared caches - and I know where they each are going too. Maybe I'll stir things up at the next even. :laughing:<_<

Always the first to deny are the ones who dun it..... (remember Iw as the first to deny last time!!!!! :D )

Wasn't me.... I won't be at this one either.... too much cost in gas to drive that far right now.... Go too much going on around the house. Getting ready to remodel... Much like others that live near me.... They appear to be bulding a whoel new house over there as much construction is going on :o You finally adding that Room over there Tim?

Edited by Camel680
...But after the Ripon event, I could also be persuaded that it was Camel680 or Bill of Green Archers too...

Not a chance... I haven't found a life yet and didn't even get to do any stashing of my already prepared caches - and I know where they each are going too. Maybe I'll stir things up at the next even. <_<:laughing:

Always the first to deny are the ones who dun it..... (remember Iw as the first to deny last time!!!!! :D )

Wasn't me.... I won't be at this one either.... too much cost in gas to drive that far right now.... Go too much going on around the house. Getting ready to remodel... Much like others that live near me.... They appear to be bulding a whoel new house over there as much construction is going on :o You finally adding that Room over there Tim?

That is exactly the reason that I AM going!! I need to get away from this war zone!!

No additions to the house, just a whole lot of changing going on. B)

Not a chance... I haven't found a life yet and didn't even get to do any stashing of my already prepared caches - and I know where they each are going too. Maybe I'll stir things up at the next even. B):blink:

Always the first to deny are the ones who dun it..... (remember Iw as the first to deny last time!!!!! :P )

Wasn't me.... I won't be at this one either.... too much cost in gas to drive that far right now.... Go too much going on around the house. Getting ready to remodel... Much like others that live near me.... They appear to be bulding a whoel new house over there as much construction is going on :laughing: You finally adding that Room over there Tim?

That is exactly the reason that I AM going!! I need to get away from this war zone!!

No additions to the house, just a whole lot of changing going on. :blink:

Getting ready to do a bunch of that ourselves actually..... We have been getting bids etc for the past 4 months and finally are about ready to do it all. Landscaping... (yes finally fixing that darned yard! :D ) Painting, Garage, Cabinets, Heat and A/C, Water heater, and windows.

All to be done in the next few months.... So jsut about the time yours get's done we should be starting ourselves!

Edited by Camel680

We had a great time at that MAC Picnic in Merced yesterday. We took the tour of the Airplane Museum and then it was lunch time. Lots of great food and the tri-tip sandwiches were delicious. After lunch we broke up in groups and started the poker run. It was great with caches all over the base. I had not been here before so I really enjoyed it. bThomas, DavidT21 and I came in second with two pair. They had great prizes for ALL. Next thing you know it was time to leave, no, not go home, just do a little more caching before heading home. The MAC group put on a fabulous event, thanks guys and gals. The only problem was they couldn't get the SR71 started so we did not get rides.

Not a chance... I haven't found a life yet and didn't even get to do any stashing of my already prepared caches - and I know where they each are going too. Maybe I'll stir things up at the next even. :):)

Wasn't me.... I won't be at this one either.... too much cost in gas to drive that far right now.... Go too much going on around the house. Getting ready to remodel... Much like others that live near me.... They appear to be bulding a whoel new house over there as much construction is going on :wub: You finally adding that Room over there Tim?

No additions to the house, just a whole lot of changing going on. :D

Getting ready to do a bunch of that ourselves actually..... We have been getting bids etc for the past 4 months and finally are about ready to do it all. Landscaping... (yes finally fixing that darned yard! :D ) Painting, Garage, Cabinets, Heat and A/C, Water heater, and windows.

All to be done in the next few months.... So jsut about the time yours get's done we should be starting ourselves!

We did all but the windows (and a little more)... We looked seriously at windows but did not like the look of them at all. (Can't paint them). :huh:

Several of my neighbors are doing whole-house projects...must be that time of year!

We had a great time at that MAC Picnic in Merced yesterday. We took the tour of the Airplane Museum and then it was lunch time. Lots of great food and the tri-tip sandwiches were delicious. After lunch we broke up in groups and started the poker run. It was great with caches all over the base. I had not been here before so I really enjoyed it. bThomas, DavidT21 and I came in second with two pair. They had great prizes for ALL. Next thing you know it was time to leave, no, not go home, just do a little more caching before heading home. The MAC group put on a fabulous event, thanks guys and gals. The only problem was they couldn't get the SR71 started so we did not get rides.

I agree...Fisrt rate event all the way! Very generous of their time and resources. The food was fabulous and the company even better. We had a ball with the poker run..what a geat idea!! (We laughed our tails off on this game!) :D ("Re-hiding" New York was a highlight) :)

Thank you to everyone down in the MAC area for putting-on such a fantastic and fun event! (The newbies we brought have already purchased a GPS!!) :D

We had a great time at that MAC Picnic in Merced yesterday.  We took the tour of the Airplane Museum and then it was lunch time.  Lots of great food and the tri-tip sandwiches were delicious.  After lunch we broke up in groups and started the poker run.  It was great with caches all over the base.  I had not been here before so I really enjoyed it.  bThomas, DavidT21 and I came in second with two pair.  They had great prizes for ALL.  Next thing you know it was time to leave, no, not go home, just do a little more caching before heading home.  The MAC group put on a fabulous event, thanks guys and gals.    The only problem was they couldn't get the SR71 started so we did not get rides.

:lol: ("Re-hiding" New York was a highlight) :(

:lol:

Check the freezer, yea right, I knew somebody was up to no good :lol: Well, the rehide wasn't that bad.:( Of course we, team 9, got blamed for it but talked our way out of being the culprit :(:(;):D

Not a chance... I haven't found a life yet and didn't even get to do any stashing of my already prepared caches - and I know where they each are going too. Maybe I'll stir things up at the next even. B):rolleyes:

Wasn't me.... I won't be at this one either.... too much cost in gas to drive that far right now.... Go too much going on around the house. Getting ready to remodel... Much like others that live near me.... They appear to be bulding a whoel new house over there as much construction is going on :cry: You finally adding that Room over there Tim?

No additions to the house, just a whole lot of changing going on. :(

We did all but the windows (and a little more)... We looked seriously at windows but did not like the look of them at all. (Can't paint them). <_<

Several of my neighbors are doing whole-house projects...must be that time of year!

Either that, or we all have old houses!

Ours is 30 years old and needs new everything! We started with a new roof in August and are moving on to other projects as time will allow!