Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

Hi everyone... We are planning to do our 100th cache (Wait Until Dark) on Saturday night :D  It should be a full moon and we were wondering if anyone else might be interested in joining. We plan on starting around 8pm. Any and all are welcome.

Bummer...We are going the week after...Would have been a fun time!

There are some people in the Bay area that want to do it the same weekend you are. Go to the forums on thegba.net to find the thread.

I even spotted my house on this thing! The detail is incredible! :D:o

Google maps can do the same thing. When you get the location you want just click on the sattelite button in the upper right hand corner.

We've been using this to look at our new house and property in Missouri. ;)

Hi everyone... We are planning to do our 100th cache (Wait Until Dark) on Saturday night :D It should be a full moon and we were wondering if anyone else might be interested in joining. We plan on starting around 8pm. Any and all are welcome.

Have you got anyone to go with you yet?

Richard of the GeoCrickets

I even spotted my house on this thing! The detail is incredible!  :)  :D

Google maps can do the same thing. When you get the location you want just click on the sattelite button in the upper right hand corner.

We've been using this to look at our new house and property in Missouri. :rolleyes:

So that mapping site help you look into houses too? I'm impressed. :D

For WUD... don't make the mistake TeamTek made. His ''flash light'' was 10,000,000 candle power! Every time he turned it on, airliners started mistaking it for landing lights. :) I on my first trip used a penlight with 2 AAA batteries and had a blast.

BTW, Remember not to feed the cougars while you're there. :D You and Laura have a wonderful time. :)

Well we finally reached #100! Thank you everyone who suggested Wait Until Dark. What a great cache!! Shadow101 accompanied us from the South Bay and we had a great time. Will be going back during daylight hrs to snag the rest off the nearby caches that I now know are there. :laughing:

Well we finally reached #100! Thank you everyone who suggested Wait Until Dark. What a great cache!! Shadow101 accompanied us from the South Bay and we had a great time. Will be going back during daylight hrs to snag the rest off the nearby caches that I now know are there. :lol:

Congrats on #100!!

And for those that haven't seen a prior note, we are planning a trip to Wait Until Dark right after the Merced Area Cacher's "Picnic with the Blackbird" event on September 17th. Tag-alongs certainly welcome. :anibad:

Well we finally reached #100! Thank you everyone who suggested Wait Until Dark. What a great cache!! Shadow101 accompanied us from the South Bay and we had a great time. Will be going back during daylight hrs to snag the rest off the nearby caches that I now know are there. :lol:

Congrats on #100!!

And for those that haven't seen a prior note, we are planning a trip to Wait Until Dark right after the Merced Area Cacher's "Picnic with the Blackbird" event on September 17th. Tag-alongs certainly welcome. :lol:

thank you :anibad:

I found this site today by accident and thought it was interesting. FlashEarth .

I even spotted my house on this thing! The detail is incredible!  :laughing:  :lol:

That is a great site.... I know it is after I moves in to this house in 2000 because it has the new roof on it.... I just can't figure out which cart that is in my driveway.... I can tell that is it right after the city took the tree from my front yard though cuz II can see the big brown round spot.... ohh wait... that is just how my grass always looks! :-)

Edited by Camel680

That is a great site.... I know it is after I moves in to this house in 2000 because it has the new roof on it....

It is from 2005. You can see the imprint on the satellite photo saying Google 2005.

:D

The 2005 you see superimposed on the page is not the date of the satellite picture. The photo of my home is at least two years old. I can tell by the fact that some cement work has been done in my front yard that is not present in the photo.

That is a great site.... I know it is after I moves in to this house in 2000 because it has the new roof on it....

It is from 2005. You can see the imprint on the satellite photo saying Google 2005.

The 2005 you see superimposed on the page is not the date of the satellite picture. The photo of my home is at least two years old. I can tell by the fact that some cement work has been done in my front yard that is not present in the photo.

I estimated it to be about 4 or 5 years old based on the changes at my house and our company.

Still was a fun site to look at though!

Anyone going to the upcoming CVC event? (Or is it the upcoming MAC event??) :D Sounds like a lot of fun and for a change, I won't be out of the area during an event. :D

Edited by TeamSanruft

Hey all... it's been a while since i've been on the forum. Just checkin up to see how the caching has been lately. I've been in a slump and haven't gone caching as often as i would like, due to lack of motivation, and other priorities. I did find a few in Georgia while I was there for a week. Well hope all is well, and hopefully i'll be finding some soon!

I estimated it to be about 4 or 5 years old based on the changes at my house and our company.

Still was a fun site to look at though!

Anyone going to the upcoming CVC event? (Or is it the upcoming MAC event??) ;) Sounds like a lot of fun and for a change, I won't be out of the area during an event. ;)

Dawn, and I should be there. There is also the RCGDS event the week before in Elk Grove. We will also be at that one. Any one else going to the one in Elk Grove. It will start at around 8am just the right time for bill. :D

Richard

Dawn, and I should be there. There is also the RCGDS event the week before in Elk Grove. We will also be at that one. Any one else going to the one in Elk Grove. It will start at around 8am just the right time for bill. ;)

Richard

I'm sure I'll be there. Only a couple miles from my house.

Plan to go to the MAC event also.

Hey all... it's been a while since i've been on the forum. Just checkin up to see how the caching has been lately. I've been in a slump and haven't gone caching as often as i would like, due to lack of motivation, and other priorities. I did find a few in Georgia while I was there for a week. Well hope all is well, and hopefully i'll be finding some soon!

Hey Pat. Welcome back. I hope we can help put a fire back in your desire (for caching that is). Wow, a week in Georgia. That didn't do it?? Life's got to be good to allow you to run off caching over there! :laughing:

I think we will have new cachers in the CVC real soon...my friends in Modesto are HOOKED! Yay! :(

Reel 'em in and don't let that line go slack or they'll snap the line. I think the new-bee's are running right now. Grab your gear...

Julimint and MDK13 have also independently been hooked. Both in the heart of CVC.

Good thing we're not doing this fishin' in New Orleans. Katrina looks ticked off! :wub:

Edited by Green Achers
I think we will have new cachers in the CVC real soon...my friends in Modesto are HOOKED! Yay! :lol:

Reel 'em in and don't let that line go slack or they'll snap the line. I think the new-bee's are running right now. Grab your gear...

Julimint and MDK13 have also independently been hooked. Both in the heart of CVC.

Good thing we're not doing this fishin' in New Orleans. Katrina looks ticked off! :ph34r:

The good news is that tey will see just how waterproof their caching containers are out there...

Katrina actually broke the superdome

Read about it here

I just got my wooden nickels in today. They look great!

Should anyone need any let me know. I am not looking to make any money from them.... I just oprdered extras as I figured some might have missed the deadline.

Pat was kind enough to give me several...I'm covered.

Boy, I feel sooooo sorry for those in New Orleans and Mississippi...What a horrible situation.  :P

Jaimee is working on going back there to help out. There is a big need for medical people.

Really?? That's great! :P

I saw on the news that the Red Cross did not want any volunteers, only money as they could not house / feed / water the volunteers. I would imagine that medical staff would be greatly needed.

Boy, I feel sooooo sorry for those in New Orleans and Mississippi...What a horrible situation.  :laughing:

Jaimee is working on going back there to help out. There is a big need for medical people.

Really?? That's great! ;)

I saw on the news that the Red Cross did not want any volunteers, only money as they could not house / feed / water the volunteers. I would imagine that medical staff would be greatly needed.

I was watching on the news where the Red Cross was giving crash courses to people it was a 1 day course that you could take to go out and help out. But I wasn't really watching it that good so I might have mis-understood what the class was about.

On another note My aunt was in GulfPort at the time of the hurricane. We are working now trying to get her out here. She was scheduled for Surgery on Tuesday but it was obviously canceled.

We jsut barely got in contact with her yesterday for the first time since Katrina hit.

Edited by Camel680

We sent cash but I am also willing to send bullets to use on the looters...What a bunch of cockroaches. It's one thing to loot some food / water to feed yourself and your family, but DVD players? Potted plants? Electronics? Jewelry? Those people deserve life in prison without parol.

These types of situations either bring out the worse in people or bring out the best. (Such as those flying over to help)

I am also willing to send bullets to use on the looters...

They need to use some of those bullets on those scumbag gas station owners too. $6.00 per gallon!!!!!! Geez and I thought 3 was bad out here.

Salt Rock would be more effective (or is that infective). The highest I've seen is $3.999 at a Shell station when all the other stations are ranging $3.109 to 3.259 if they're even open.

Madness from the sadness.

Best wishes Jaimee! I'll be praying for your safety and success. Make sure you work around 'protected' area's. There doesn't appear to be too much organization in the kaos so you need to set your standards or they'll ignore your needs.

I am also willing to send bullets to use on the looters...

They need to use some of those bullets on those scumbag gas station owners too. $6.00 per gallon!!!!!! Geez and I thought 3 was bad out here.

I think this is what Kenny was referring to: Extreme Gas Price Gouging

Pretty sickening...You would think that a responsible business owner would help it's fellow community members...Not kick them while they are down! ;) It was even reported that law enforcement officers are now walking of the job. (They are cowards in my mind!) They signed-up to "serve and protect"...Apparantly, those who walked off the job didn't read that part of the credo. (They are as bad as the looters and should never be allowed to return to the law enforcment community again). :D

I really wish they would print more stories of the "heroes" among the disaster area. People tend to rally support when they see other doing special things. There must be hundreds of them...It's too bad that all the negative stuff gets the most attention. (Makes for more exciting news I guess). ;)

Best wishes Jaimee! I'll be praying for your safety and success. Make sure you work around 'protected' area's. There doesn't appear to be too much organization in the kaos so you need to set your standards or they'll ignore your needs.

Jaimee says thanks. She got to Houston safely, and now is heading to Baton Rouge with a group of other nurses. She should be there by 7:00 pm our time. Keep praying for her. :D

Jaimee says thanks. She got to Houston safely, and now is heading to Baton Rouge with a group of other nurses. She should be there by 7:00 pm our time. Keep praying for her. :D

I am sure I speak for everyone when I say that she is in our thoughts right now. Tell her to stay safe!!!

It is getting closer to the gathering in Merced...it will be nice to see everyone again!  :huh:

;) Yep - the MAC folks are meeting this week to finalize the dastardly devious details!

Please see the note on the page about a docent-led tour. If you would like to take that tour, pop a note on the page so we will have a count for them. And, be sure to be there by 11 am. Thanks. We are looking forward to seein y'all!