Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

Well, our next event will have to move to some other town as it seems that Modesto is always involved in some high-profile something or other...(I wonder if Oakdale is too far for an event??) :) Plus, if we have it at about, say 3:00 pm on a Saturday in mid-august should eliminate the chances of that nasty rain re-appearing. Shouldn't be TOO hot... :):)

I think Lodi would be a good place to have a event. however 3pm might be to late for some. Also at your last event If I rember you had about 30 or so people show up..

Well, our next event will have to move to some other town as it seems that Modesto is always involved in some high-profile something or other...(I wonder if Oakdale is too far for an event??)  :( Plus, if we have it at about, say 3:00 pm on a Saturday in mid-august should eliminate the chances of that nasty rain re-appearing. Shouldn't be TOO hot... :anibad:  :anibad:

I think Lodi would be a good place to have a event. however 3pm might be to late for some. Also at your last event If I rember you had about 30 or so people show up..

LOL...I was just kidding about the 3:00pm remark...It is WAY too ho at that time in mid-August.

Yes, we had a little more than a few people show up for our last one. We did a final total and figured it to be closer to 110 people.

MR DUCKS

MR NOT

OSAR

CM WANGS

LIB MR DUCKS!

:(

This is your fault Tim. :anibad:

BTW, CVG would be Central Valley Geocachers, FYI. FWIW, we're CVC. OMG, I'm turning into a acro-nerd. :)

hmmm...Not sure how I released the redneck within Ted, but you have to admit, it is pretty funny! :anibad:

Edited by Sanruft

I went to Stockton and got a 'bakers dozen'. 12 I logged, and one virtual I am waiting on Ron Streeter to email back on, Delta Dawn. I should have gone the Modesto way, I could have gotten cAChE.

BTW Bill, here is a breakfast order I heard once.

FENEM

SEFM

FENEX

SEFX

OK, MNX

Edited by wornout

Between Oak Park in Stockton and the parks in Lodi, we bagged 10 today. Then I got home and realized we passed like 16 more easy ones so we are off again next Sunday. Should be into the mid 90's on finds by then. We are closing in fast on 100. Any cool suggestions for #100? Within 50 or so miles of Stockton and not toooooo hard :anibad: .Any and all suggestions are so very welcome....thanx! :anibad:

I went out a found a few caches today. While I was out, I had a very nice visit with Tim and Barbara. It was a little on the hot side, but all in all I had a good time.

Anyone else go out and conquer the heat? :anibad:

Didn't do any caching this weekend but did get to watch a pro in action...We too, enjoyed our visit with Pat!

Did get to feel the heat though... :anibad:

We are closing in fast on 100. Any cool suggestions for #100? Within 50 or so miles of Stockton and not toooooo hard :) .Any and all suggestions are so very welcome....thanx! :D

Without a doubt, make your century complete. Wait Until Dark is my all time favorite. Well worth the drive time (make sure to have dinner while waiting to start the adventure) and comes with my highest recommendation.

-----

I follow you Warren. Don't encourage Ted, please. It's like cancer around here. ;) You're not allowed to play together until you two get over this. :D

Edited by Green Achers

Without a doubt, make your century complete. Wait Until Dark is my all time favorite. Well worth the drive time (make sure to have dinner while waiting to start the adventure) and comes with my highest recommendation.

FWIW, We of the "Southern" end of CVC are planning a side trip to "Wait Until Dark" right after our EVENT cache "Picnic with the Blackbird." So, if anyone wants to tag along, we can carpool.

That's Saturday, September 17th - probably head out about 5 pm or so.

;)

-Tom-

We are closing in fast on 100. Any cool suggestions for #100? Within 50 or so miles of Stockton and not toooooo hard ;) .Any and all suggestions are so very welcome....thanx! :)

If you haven't found it yet - I would recommend "Get the Point" in Ripon. Very clever and FUN! That would be a very nice #100. :D

-Tom-

We are closing in fast on 100. Any cool suggestions for #100? Within 50 or so miles of Stockton and not toooooo hard :laughing: .Any and all suggestions are so very welcome....thanx! :laughing:

Another "must do", if you have not already done so is National Treasure . It is well worth the time invested to do it.

Oh, almost forgot...Yet another GreenAchers cache well worth doing is Watermark . This was a great one as well!

By the way Bill...I have not received this month's payment for pushing your caches... :laughing::unsure:

Edited by Sanruft

Didn't do any caching this weekend but did get to watch a pro in action...

Is that what you call it.

Pro-NOT.

You got to see what it is like when you don't cache as much anymore. If I was caching all the time, I probably would have been able to find it quickly. Oh well, had a good time anyways.

Didn't do any caching this weekend but did get to watch a pro in action...

Is that what you call it.

Pro-NOT.

You got to see what it is like when you don't cache as much anymore. If I was caching all the time, I probably would have been able to find it quickly. Oh well, had a good time anyways.

LOL! We were talking more than you were searching...I think the searching part took less than a couple of minutes...

Besides, experienced cachers don't lose their skills, they acquire more patience to find a cache! :laughing::laughing:

Edited for gnilleps

Edited by Sanruft

:laughing: Look who's here!! And you thought I was lost somewhere near the Watermark! HA!

I've been away, marrying off my baby and moving she and her hubby into their new home. Way to much real life tugging at me but I've managed to pick up 2 or 3 local caches here and received word that LADY LIBERTY is on her way home! She should be in New Mexico at the moment. My thanks again to SANRUFT who gave her the biggest boost! :laughing:

Also picked up a cache in Truckee, California couple weeks ago. If you are ever that way try UNDER LOCK AND KEY.

Any of you find yourself in Vegas the 4 CORNERS CACHE is a must!

Hope to see you guys while out and about!

I made it to Stockton today and found Tag. Then made a morning of it before I was busted. Someone was biking past me and stopped to make a cell call. Then sat there laughing at me so I left. Shortly after, she chased me down and explained I was hunting her cache. Yep, it was MicroTaz (uTaz). Her cache is one tough cache.

I quickly realized I would have to even the score so I told her about CVC Tag (which she didn't know about) and said it was about to be posted in the area soon. She then biked home to wait for the posting and then biked back out to look after I posted. I'm not sure how many trips she ended up taking but she really earned that fined and was a great sport. :laughing:

:laughing: Look who's here!! And you thought I was lost somewhere near the Watermark! HA!

I've been away, marrying off my baby and moving she and her hubby into their new home. Way to much real life tugging at me but I've managed to pick up 2 or 3 local caches here and received word that LADY LIBERTY is on her way home! She should be in New Mexico at the moment. My thanks again to SANRUFT who gave her the biggest boost! :laughing:

Welcome back Janet!! I had hust asked Bill about you a few weeks ago, wondering where you have been. (Busy I see!!)

I did the Four Corners Cache, but we were not as creative as you were! (Nice photo!) :laughing:

By the way Bill...I have not received this month's payment for pushing your caches... :ph34r:  :laughing:

The check's in the mail. Now get back to the phones and call more cachers. :laughing:

Calling all cachers....I beleive there will be a party at this location: This Location . Party will be on the second Saturday of next week. :unsure:

There will be lots of fun, food and mischief for all! :laughing:

By the way Bill...I have not received this month's payment for pushing your caches... :laughing:  :ph34r:

The check's in the mail. Now get back to the phones and call more cachers. :laughing:

Calling all cachers....I beleive there will be a party at this location: This Location . Party will be on the second Saturday of next week. :laughing:

There will be lots of fun, food and mischief for all! :unsure:

Hey Tim...... How many Saturdays are there next week?

I assume you meant month? :huh:

By the way Bill...I have not received this month's payment for pushing your caches... :laughing:  :ph34r:

Calling all cachers....I beleive there will be a party at this location: This Location . Party will be on the second Saturday of next week. :laughing:

There will be lots of fun, food and mischief for all! :unsure:

I assume you meant month? :huh:

Q. How many birthdays does the average person (includes all you) have in their life time??

:laughing:  Look who's here!! And you thought I was lost somewhere near the Watermark! HA!

I've been away, marrying off my baby and moving she and her hubby into their new home. Way to much real life tugging at me but I've managed to pick up 2 or 3 local caches here and received word that LADY LIBERTY is on her way home! She should be in New Mexico at the moment. My thanks again to SANRUFT who gave her the biggest boost!  :unsure:

Welcome back Janet!! I had hust asked Bill about you a few weeks ago, wondering where you have been. (Busy I see!!)

I did the Four Corners Cache, but we were not as creative as you were! (Nice photo!) :laughing:

Wasn't that a fun cache?! Hey there's absolutely no way to rid that area of mugglers, lol Funny thing was people thought that what I did was neat but did not ask once why, lol

By the way, I'm not a gambler but learned to play Texas Hold'em 6 months ago. Tried my luck at the Luxor and paid for our family trip of 8!

I miss all of you but hope to be able to get out more.

:(  Look who's here!!

Hey. Is that a new cacher? The name sound familiar. :D Welcome back. You missed out last coffee gathering and it was a blast. :D

Hey. Is that a new cacher? The name sound familiar. :D

How quickly you forget! *sniff* lol

I remember the coffee event, Ethan was baptized that day. His oxygen and feeding tubes are now gone, he's 2 and walking.....errrrr running and doing well. For the latest: www.babyethan.org

I'd sure like to make it to your next event and will keep my eyes open for the 2nd Saturday of next week. *g*

By the way Bill...I have not received this month's payment for pushing your caches... :D  :D

The check's in the mail. Now get back to the phones and call more cachers. :(

Calling all cachers....I beleive there will be a party at this location: This Location . Party will be on the second Saturday of next week. :D

There will be lots of fun, food and mischief for all! :D

I assume you meant month? :D

No, I had it right the first time...Second Saturday of next week. (yes, it was a joke...There is no party) :D

By the way Bill...I have not received this month's payment for pushing your caches... :D  :D

The check's in the mail. Now get back to the phones and call more cachers. :D

Calling all cachers....I beleive there will be a party at this location: This Location . Party will be on the second Saturday of next week. :D

There will be lots of fun, food and mischief for all! :D

I assume you meant month? :D

No, I had it right the first time...Second Saturday of next week. (yes, it was a joke...There is no party) :D

You big teaser! Here I thought I re-appeared at the perfect time to see you all! Well....I NEVER! HMPFFFFFFF

You big teaser! Here I thought I re-appeared at the perfect time to see you all! Well....I NEVER! HMPFFFFFFF

Welcome back Stashseeker! Actually you are a couple of weeks late. We had a great time at the coffee cache in Ripon. Wish you had been there.

By the way, does anyone have any pictures of the last get-together they could post here so Stashseeker could see the turnout? We had such a good time we forgot all about our camera so we don't have any.

By the way, does anyone have any pictures of the last get-together they could post here so Stashseeker could see the turnout? We had such a good time we forgot all about our camera so we don't have any.

Seems to me Marky was taking a few shots??

I must say...we had a fun day. Got a little refresher from the sprinklers that popped up and eventually found the MOST EVIL of all the caches we have seen yet! And HONEST...OUR cache isnt all that hard...but we still upped the difficulty to a 2.

:D EVIL?? EVIL?? Unless OF or Bill did something to it, it was just like I said. I put it in my trunk as a lil' log. Then I heard some very weird noises - kinda scary. When I opened the truck, the lil' log was gone and something else was there. (And, the trunk was totally empty when I put the lil' log inside.)

I must say...we had a fun day. Got a little refresher from the sprinklers that popped up and eventually found the MOST EVIL of all the caches we have seen yet! And HONEST...OUR cache isnt all that hard...but we still upped the difficulty to a 2.

:D EVIL?? EVIL?? Unless OF or Bill did something to it, it was just like I said. I put it in my trunk as a lil' log. Then I heard some very weird noises - kinda scary. When I opened the truck, the lil' log was gone and something else was there. (And, the trunk was totally empty when I put the lil' log inside.)

Yes, when I heard about the source... I was floored. I was blaming OF because I figured she had taken that kind of time to plot and scheme.

Good thing for us guys you're on our side or I'd be afraid.

By the way Bill...I have not received this month's payment for pushing your caches... :(  B)

The check's in the mail. Now get back to the phones and call more cachers. :P

Calling all cachers....I beleive there will be a party at this location: This Location . Party will be on the second Saturday of next week. :(

There will be lots of fun, food and mischief for all! :(

I assume you meant month? B)

No, I had it right the first time...Second Saturday of next week. (yes, it was a joke...There is no party) :P

I assumed as much... just thought I'd add to the confusion :)

Edited by Camel680
...just thought I'd add to the confusion :lol:

I thought that was my job! :):lol::):lol::):):(It's not like there isn't a ton of was to stir up the confusion either.

Well, maybe not solely your job, but you are definitely the ring-leader! :laughing:

I thought OF was the ring leader?

of course it could be any number of us lately!!!! :)

...just thought I'd add to the confusion :D

I thought that was my job! :D:blink::D;):DB):DIt's not like there isn't a ton of was to stir up the confusion either.

Well, maybe not solely your job, but you are definitely the ring-leader! ;)

I thought OF was the ring leader?

of course it could be any number of us lately!!!! B)

No, Bill is definitely the ring leader...He has ties to every one of the pranks in the CVC! ;)

OF is bad, REALLY bad, but Bill still has at least his little tow in all of them! :D

Yesterday I attempted the MASTER OF DISGUISE II for a second time and still no luck. First time was high Muggle interference and yesterday was early in the day but city workers out and about. What I was able to do still left me puzzled. While there a very nice looking gentleman (no trouble spotting him, lol) was sitting on his bicycle by the restrooms waiting for his children. I'm being as stealth as I could be (camera in hand for those macro shots, lol) but it became obvious to me he was curious as to what I was doing so i decided to move on to the "Just a Bit Out of Reach".

I spent a little bit of time there but luckily a lot of alone time. As I was walking back to my car I hear from afar "HEY!!!! Did't I just see you at the park over there!?!" I turned to find the gentleman with his 2 children in tow cycling towards me. I said, "Yes, you did". He said (glancing at my camera) "Do you work for the newspaper?" I said, "No", "You work for the city?" I said, "Um, no I don't" by now he's cycling past me and still trying to figure out what I'm doing. "Well, the county! Thats it, you work for the county!" I said, "Nope". He suddenly stopped, put his foot down, turned to me and said. "Holy *#&& my wife paying you to keep track of me?" I said, "No Comment". We both laughed and he continued on his way. LOL! I love geocaching, lol