Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

We are coming up on our 300th cache. Does anyone have any ideas for a really fun find for that one? (In the CVC area please.) Thanks for any suggestions.

If you haven't alreadt done so, you may also consider Watermark by good ol' GreenAchers...It's a great one!

Number 300 deserves a road trip and hike.  Try "Burning Bush" by Green Achers near lake alpine.

What if I go this Sunday, Ted? Will God punish me like He did on Bouldered Over?

Probably, but it will be worth it! :blink: Besides, with a name like "Burning Bush" it's almost a Sunday School lesson in itself. B)

Edited by Ted & Rosa
Number 300 deserves a road trip and hike.  Try "Burning Bush" by Green Achers near lake alpine.

What if I go this Sunday, Ted? Will God punish me like He did on Bouldered Over?

Hunting the Burming Bush on the Sabath? Bare foot?? :blink:

----

Hey, I really like the new avatar's Ted and Laura! I wonder what Tim's is going to look like. B)

----

Hey, I really like the new avatar's Ted and Laura! I wonder what Tim's is going to look like. :lol:

hmmm...I would be afraid to see the avatar if Bill or Laura got a hold of my password... :laughing:

I guess I am do for a change...I will have to give it some thought... :)

I normally take a small cooler that holds 6 cans/bottles of water. I may take my big cooler with ice and throw a lot more water in it. I plan on starting from here at 7 AM like I did last week. I did 32 last week with DavidT21 & Fisherwoman but we totally skipped Stockton and half of Lodi. I have hundreds of caches in my palm and GPSr that I can do in your area.

I always carrry a towel! I have read Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy. :P

Well, here we are, Dawn and I got to So. California on Fri. The drive down was not to bad. We did run in to some slow traffic, but the trip took about 6 and half hours with a few stops on the way. Temp. high is around 83 or so.. :P Today we will be down to Laguna Beach.. Tommorow we will be at Disney for their 50th Birthday. Disney opened on July 17th 1955 and we will be there on July 17th 2005. With about 100,000 other people. I was told that the park will fill up by 1pm or so. Monday we will be at DCA.

Tues. we will be driving back to Lodi. Hope it's not to hot when we return.

That is about it for now..

Have a good day.

Richard of the GeoCrickets

I was thinking of caching in the central valley tomorrow. Am I mentally derranged for wanting to cache  in that heat over caching near the bay?  I live in Dublin where it was just as hot today.

Well, did you do it (cache in the heat)? I did, I went to Lodi. If you are going to cache in the heat, that is a great place to do it. Lots of caches in parks and they all had big trees with a lot of shade. I didn't get there until 1:30 pm and I had a blast. Found 11 and had 1 DNF.

I went and did it. I hit Tracy/Manteca/Ripon. Got only 11 finds, a bunch of DNFs and dropped "The Green One Returns" where I couldn't retrieve it. :blink: .

It was 107 at 6 PM in Ripon! I ended up drinking 9.5 bottles of soda/water.

I went to Dew a Water Dance at 8 PM , but it was still too busy to get it. I did stick my head in the water- refreshing!

Edited by Wacka
I went and did it. I hit Tracy/Manteca/Ripon. Got only 11 finds, a bunch of DNFs and dropped "The Green One Returns" where I couldn't retrieve it. :blink: .

It was 107 at 6 PM in Ripon! I ended up drinking 9.5 bottles of soda/water.

I went to Dew a Water Dance at 8 PM , but it was still too busy to get it. I did stick my head in the water- refreshing!

Kool, glad you had fun.........

...I didn't get there until 1:30 pm and I had a blast...

Don't you live in the tropics because you like this kind of heat?!! It's too hot for me.

-----

Hey all you Pocket PC users! There's a new option for going paperless. BeeLineGPS. I'm not sure how well it works because I use CacheMate on a Palm (and Treo and Handspring). I know Forman will be interested in BeeLineGPS and thought others would as well. B)

...I didn't get there until 1:30 pm and I had a blast...

Don't you live in the tropics because you like this kind of heat?!! It's too hot for me.

-----

Hey all you Pocket PC users! There's a new option for going paperless. BeeLineGPS. I'm not sure how well it works because I use CacheMate on a Palm (and Treo and Handspring). I know Forman will be interested in BeeLineGPS and thought others would as well. B)

Thanks Bill...I will check it out this week.

Also, thanks for the avatar suggestion! I like it! B)

Caching in the heat...Think I'll pass. I will leave it to thsoe brave souls out there. And speaking of brave, I wonder how Geocrickets faired at the 50th anniversary of the big mouse event?? I like the Disney experience and all, but you could not pay me to endure those types of crowds!! B)B) (Maybe they got lucky and everyone thought there would be huge crowds and stayed away from the park, leaving the Geocricket family there by themselves.... B) )

...And speaking of brave, I wonder how Geocrickets faired at the 50th anniversary of the big mouse event?? I like the Disney experience and all, but you could not pay me to endure those types of crowds!! B)B) (Maybe they got lucky and everyone thought there would be huge crowds and stayed away from the park, leaving the Geocricket family there by themselves.... B) )

Uh... ya! When we lived next to the mouse, the place was packed every summer day and every possible day that could even remotely be associated with a school holiday. It's doesn't take much to make the people show up. At least they didn't need to carry jackets with them.

BTW, Disney is anti-Geocaching - removed every last real cache in the park as I understand it. It now only has virtuals (placed by local cachers and a couple grandfathered in vacation virtual cache stashers). I'm no longer interested in joining that mob. B)

Uh... ya! When we lived next to the mouse, the place was packed every summer day and every possible day that could even remotely be associated with a school holiday. It's doesn't take much to make the people show up. At least they didn't need to carry jackets with them.

BTW, Disney is anti-Geocaching - removed every last real cache in the park as I understand it. It now only has virtuals (placed by local cachers and a couple grandfathered in vacation virtual cache stashers). I'm no longer interested in joining that mob. :)

I haven't heard any numbers posted for the attendance of the anniversary date. I'm quite sure that it was a sell-out crowd!

We have done a few of the virtuals within the park grounds, but no regular caches were available when we went. (They must have removed them awhile ago) B)B) Oh well, Disney's loss!

On another note, I recently read where Disney is requiring ALL visitors to be thumb-printed on the way in now. It used to be only for season ticket holders, ut now everyone is required. I'm not sure I understand the safety factors involved with this decision..>Seems a little strange to me. (Maybe tied to marketing somehow??) B)

We may go out and grab a few caches this weekend. We are going to try to go before it heats up. (That means we are caching at 2:00am!!) :)

On another note, I recently read where Disney is requiring ALL visitors to be thumb-printed on the way in now.

I thought it odd when I used a locker (mandatory for your personal items) at the Statue of Liberty. They use your finger print to lock and then open your locker. But wouldn't that make a great Geocache?!!! :)

On another note, I recently read where Disney is requiring ALL visitors to be thumb-printed on the way in now.

I thought it odd when I used a locker (mandatory for your personal items) at the Statue of Liberty. They use your finger print to lock and then open your locker. But wouldn't that make a great Geocache?!!! :)

hmmm...The technology is there...Must look into that! B)

I haven't heard any numbers posted for the attendance of the anniversary date. I'm quite sure that it was a sell-out crowd!

We have done a few of the virtuals within the park grounds, but no regular caches were available when we went. (They must have removed them awhile ago) :D:D Oh well, Disney's loss!

On another note, I recently read where Disney is requiring ALL visitors to be thumb-printed on the way in now. It used to be only for season ticket holders, ut now everyone is required. I'm not sure I understand the safety factors involved with this decision..>Seems a little strange to me. (Maybe tied to marketing somehow??) :unsure:

Well, we are back from our trip down south to see the mouse. Weather was about 85 for all Days we were there. Sunday was the BIG day. Dawn and I got up at about 3AM to get in line. :D We had our tickets already. When we arived at 3:30am to find long lines at the tram area. This was the staging area. Good thing was that at 3am Disney was letting people in DCA to line up and the lines kept moving. Disney let people in DCA as groups. Each group had a different color wrist band. Each band had about 1000 people. There was 10 colors that was lined up in DCA. At 7pm Disney took us from DCA to Disneyland. That was a sight to see. As we went from park to park there was thousands of people lined up at the gates. However Disney let everyone in DCA to come in first. AS we went down main street the "Cast Members" were clapping and saying Welcome Home. That was something to see and to be part of. At that point we had to decide if we wanted to stand in line to get the LE pins of (5000) only or ride Space Mountain. That ride just reopened 2 days ago. Well we went for the pins. That was another 4 hour wait. :D We did get the pin and other items that was only given out that day shirts and such. We also got Golden Mouse Ears and a cupcake at the gate. After all that we did get to ride many rides using fast pass. And some rides only had a 15 min. wait. For the most part is was a fun day and something I will not forget.

Richard

On another note, I recently read where Disney is requiring ALL visitors to be thumb-printed on the way in now. It used to be only for season ticket holders, ut now everyone is required. I'm not sure I understand the safety factors involved with this decision..>Seems a little strange to me. (Maybe tied to marketing somehow??)  :unsure:

I know when we were there we did not get our thumb printed. They do a bag check but that is about it..

Richard

Edited by GeoCrickets
On another note, I recently read where Disney is requiring ALL visitors to be thumb-printed on the way in now. It used to be only for season ticket holders, ut now everyone is required. I'm not sure I understand the safety factors involved with this decision..>Seems a little strange to me. (Maybe tied to marketing somehow??)  :unsure:

I know when we were there we did not get our thumb printed. They do a bag check but that is about it..

Richard

Maybe it was DisneyWorld that has implemented this proceedure. I read it in the Wall Street Journal.

At that point we had to decide if we wanted to stand in line to get the LE pins of (5000) only or ride Space Mountain. That ride just reopened 2 days ago. Well we went for the pins. That was another 4 hour wait. :D We did get the pin and other items that was only given out that day shirts and such.

LOL! Only the strong could survive THAT much fun!! :D

Will we be seeing this pin in a geocache sometime soon?? :unsure::D

At that point we had to decide if we wanted to stand in line to get the LE pins of (5000) only or ride Space Mountain. That ride just reopened 2 days ago. Well we went for the pins. That was another 4 hour wait.  :D  We did get the pin and other items that was only given out that day shirts and such.

Ya, in a cache. I was just getting worn out reading about all that waiting in the crowds. Perhaps you'll understand and just deliver the pins to my house. :D

At that point we had to decide if we wanted to stand in line to get the LE pins of (5000) only or ride Space Mountain. That ride just reopened 2 days ago. Well we went for the pins. That was another 4 hour wait.  :D  We did get the pin and other items that was only given out that day shirts and such.

Ya, in a cache. I was just getting worn out reading about all that waiting in the crowds. Perhaps you'll understand and just deliver the pins to my house. :D

Richard will only have to wait TWO hours outside Bill's house to drop off the pin! :D:lol: Your wait time was just cut in half! :D

At that point we had to decide if we wanted to stand in line to get the LE pins of (5000) only or ride Space Mountain. That ride just reopened 2 days ago. Well we went for the pins.

Aaack! Phthpphth!

I seriously do not get this pin thing. In May we went on the first-ever cruise of the Disney Magic to LA, and they were going to release limited special-edition pins every day. They had to give up after two days because people were sleeping in line overnight to get them. On a cruise ship! I actually have a picture of the line from the middle of the night!

We all got commemorative pins sent to us after the cruise, along with several other collectibles. Didn't even have to wait in line at all! I wonder how much mine would get on EBay? :D

But seriously, I don't get it. Must be related to the signature-item-collection thing for geocaching, which I also don't really get, even though I saved my original kablooey geocoin. And my special California Geocoin #147. And my Pepper coin, too, come to think of it.

OK, maybe I do get it. Just a little. :unsure:

Yep. That's how Richard's habbit started. First one. Then one more. Then oh, two more. And now... 15 and a half hours without handcuffs. :rolleyes:

When we arived at 3:30am to find long lines at the tram area....At 7pm Disney took us from DCA to Disneyland.

BTW, What the heck is DCA stand for? Disney California Adventure? Don't make me do an acronym cache because you won't like it! :lol::ph34r::lol::mad::)

Edited by Green Achers
At that point we had to decide if we wanted to stand in line to get the LE pins of (5000) only or ride Space Mountain. That ride just reopened 2 days ago. Well we went for the pins.

Aaack! Phthpphth!

I seriously do not get this pin thing. In May we went on the first-ever cruise of the Disney Magic to LA, and they were going to release limited special-edition pins every day. They had to give up after two days because people were sleeping in line overnight to get them. On a cruise ship! I actually have a picture of the line from the middle of the night!

We all got commemorative pins sent to us after the cruise, along with several other collectibles. Didn't even have to wait in line at all! I wonder how much mine would get on EBay? :rolleyes:

But seriously, I don't get it. Must be related to the signature-item-collection thing for geocaching, which I also don't really get, even though I saved my original kablooey geocoin. And my special California Geocoin #147. And my Pepper coin, too, come to think of it.

OK, maybe I do get it. Just a little. :ph34r:

The pin was not the reasen I was there, however it was a nice thing to get. I was there just to say "I was there for the 50th Birthday Bash" . If you plan your day even mid summer you can ride most of the rides at disneyland.

Yep. That's how Richard's habbit started. First one. Then one more. Then oh, two more. And now... 15 and a half hours without handcuffs. :rolleyes:
When we arived at 3:30am to find long lines at the tram area....At 7pm Disney took us from DCA to Disneyland.

BTW, What the heck is DCA stand for? Disney California Adventure? Don't make me do an acronym cache because you won't like it! :ph34r::):):lol::lol:

Bill, you got it right "DCA" is just so easy to type. Hmmm a acronym cache.. I may need to thing about that one. :mad:

Yep. That's how Richard's habbit started. First one. Then one more. Then oh, two more. And now... 15 and a half hours without handcuffs. :unsure:

BTW, What the heck is DCA stand for? Disney California Adventure? Don't make me do an acronym cache because you won't like it! :rolleyes::lol::lol::unsure::lol:

Sounds like a good idea Bill IMHO...... Before TPTB approve it IM me the answer ASAP and I'll rush out and get the FTF. OK (sorry wanted to use more but couldn't think of them quickly enough! LOL

Stop laughing Tim. We'll never get this to stop now. <_<

Hey. Who's going to (GCPMVM) MAC Presents ''Picnic with the Blackbird''? Mark your calenders for Sept 17th from 11am to 4pm (plus extra caching). This is one you really don't want to miss.

That event looks like so much fun!! I am not sure that I will be in town for that one though, but I am sure going to try. :o

I wish everyone would just run their plans by me first so I could advise them on dates that are clear for me!! :o:D:):D

Stop laughing Tim. We'll never get this to stop now. <_<

Hey. Who's going to (GCPMVM) MAC Presents ''Picnic with the Blackbird''? Mark your calenders for Sept 17th from 11am to 4pm (plus extra caching). This is one you really don't want to miss.

I really want to go.... but that is smack int he middle of soccer season.... and being as how I usually coach! Probably not going to happen this time!.. (unless I get lucky and have morning games!!!!)

I wish everyone would just run their plans by me first so I could advise them on dates that are clear for me!!  <_<  :D  :)  :D

Host 'em and you can have that advantage! :o

I tried that once...No one showed! :o (ok, maybe a FEW people showed...)

Edited by Sanruft
I wish everyone would just run their plans by me first so I could advise them on dates that are clear for me!!  ;)  :)  :)  :(

Host 'em and you can have that advantage! ;)

I tried that once...No one showed! ;) (ok, maybe a FEW people showed...)

It was raining for one thing! And you threw the gathering right next to the scene of a high profile murder case - while the trial was still going! Then you had 'Sitting Bull' at one of the caches and we kept having to pick the dude up and grabing the cache - figuring he was in on the gathering. Turns out he was an axe murderer trying to enjoy being so close to where someone else died.

Otherwise, I'm not really sure why the turn out was so small. :):):)

[bTW, See what I told you about Ted. :) ]

Edited by Green Achers
I wish everyone would just run their plans by me first so I could advise them on dates that are clear for me!!  ;)  ;)  :)  :)

Host 'em and you can have that advantage! ;)

I tried that once...No one showed! ;) (ok, maybe a FEW people showed...)

It was raining for one thing! And you threw the gathering right next to the scene of a high profile murder case - while the trial was still going! Then you had 'Sitting Bull' at one of the caches and we kept having to pick the dude up and grabing the cache - figuring he was in on the gathering. Turns out he was an axe murderer trying to enjoy being so close to where someone else died.

Otherwise, I'm not really sure why the turn out was so small. :):(:)

[bTW, See what I told you about Ted. ;) ]

Apparantly Ted had an itch and you allowed him to scratch it...(Still think they are funny!) :)

Well, our next event will have to move to some other town as it seems that Modesto is always involved in some high-profile something or other...(I wonder if Oakdale is too far for an event??) :) Plus, if we have it at about, say 3:00 pm on a Saturday in mid-august should eliminate the chances of that nasty rain re-appearing. Shouldn't be TOO hot... :);)