Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

My newest cache is up! Check it out!

hmmm...No FTF yet on this one! I may have to make a trip Northward soon. :o

They're on the way...

...Yesterday, I was in Stockton waiting for this to be approved and ended up with four DNF's - three of which are confirmed MIA's but I believe it's the lot. :P On a good note, we did get six finds including a Stump Tek that had burned me before.

Now what? Work or Tek's 50th? Work or Tek's 50th? Hummm. That's a difficult one. I know what Kenny would do. :D

hmmm...No FTF yet on this one! I may have to make a trip Northward soon. :D

They're on the way...

...Yesterday, I was in Stockton waiting for this to be approved and ended up with four DNF's - three of which are confirmed MIA's but I believe it's the lot. ;) On a good note, we did get six finds including a Stump Tek that had burned me before.

Now what? Work or Tek's 50th? Work or Tek's 50th? Hummm. That's a difficult one. I know what Kenny would do. B)

geez... a guy goes on vacation... (not a very successful one at that since I had 3 rejected attempts to get a cache while out there.... kept picking the wrong ones to go for at the wrong times of the day!!!) but anyways... he goes on vacation and comes back to being harassed by Bill!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA..... :D:o:):PB)

Though I am sure it is payback for some harassment that I dished out to him before! :D

Edited by Camel680

hmmm...No FTF yet on this one! I may have to make a trip Northward soon. :D

They're on the way...

...Yesterday, I was in Stockton waiting for this to be approved and ended up with four DNF's - three of which are confirmed MIA's but I believe it's the lot. :o On a good note, we did get six finds including a Stump Tek that had burned me before.

Now what? Work or Tek's 50th? Work or Tek's 50th? Hummm. That's a difficult one. I know what Kenny would do. :D

Even if you did decide to come up here I think you'd be wasting your time cause your not going to find it. :P:D;):)

2005 Jeep Travel Bugs have been released. I won one at the GBES Rally and have been holding it until the tracking numbers where freed up. They are so I think it's time for a CVC Gathering so we can all log it. What do you think about a coffee get together in Ripon?! Everyone that shows up gets to log the Jeep and then I'll go drop it into a cache afterwards. Proposed 6/4/05 from 8AM to 9:30 AM. Who's in? :D:wub:

2005 Jeep Travel Bugs have been released. I won one at the GBES Rally and have been holding it until the tracking numbers where freed up. They are so I think it's time for a CVC Gathering so we can all log it. What do you think about a coffee get together in Ripon?! Everyone that shows up gets to log the Jeep and then I'll go drop it into a cache afterwards. Proposed 6/4/05 from 8AM to 9:30 AM. Who's in?  :wub:  :D

Correction...WE'LL be there!! :wub:

Edited by Sanruft
2005 Jeep Travel Bugs have been released. I won one at the GBES Rally and have been holding it until the tracking numbers where freed up. They are so I think it's time for a CVC Gathering so we can all log it. What do you think about a coffee get together in Ripon?! Everyone that shows up gets to log the Jeep and then I'll go drop it into a cache afterwards. Proposed 6/4/05 from 8AM to 9:30 AM. Who's in? :D:wub:

Dang, we are having our own little event in San Jose on the same day (Little Shop of Horrors: The Sequel). It's in the evening so maybe you can drive that little jeep over our way. :wub:

I'm guessing that some of the folks who attended the GWIII may have brought some back so maybe one will show up.

--Marky

2005 Jeep Travel Bugs have been released. I won one at the GBES Rally and have been holding it until the tracking numbers where freed up. They are so I think it's time for a CVC Gathering so we can all log it. What do you think about a coffee get together in Ripon?! Everyone that shows up gets to log the Jeep and then I'll go drop it into a cache afterwards. Proposed 6/4/05 from 8AM to 9:30 AM. Who's in? :grin::rolleyes:

sounds like a plan... unfortunately I will be head deep in activities for the kids that day. with end of the eyar field trips and families visiting. I'll try to stop by but we'll have to see.

Breaking News on this Saturday...

I didn't know it but Gatherings require two weeks notice. Since this is an urgent issue (I know everyone wants to get their grubby little hands on a 2005 Jeep Travel Bug), I'm going to be there anyway. No gathering credits but we can still visit or you can do a hit and run or whatever.

The joy will be seeing each other, talking and logging this 2005 Jeep Travel Bug. After the event, I will be taking it to a secret location (and installing a Ford Suspension) and stashing it into a CVC cache. I won't be logging the drop until someone finds it so your best chance is to meet met for coffee this Saturday.

N 37° 44.580 W 121° 08.140

UTM: 10S E 664260 N 4178937

E 1.7mi from your home coordinates.

or convert to NAD27 at Jeeep.com

Click icon to download:

Read about waypoint downloads

In California, United States [view map]

Hidden: 6/4/2005

Use waypoint: GCNOLOG (what's this?)

Make this page print-friendly (no logs)

Please note: To use the services of geocaching.com, you must agree to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

(ratings out of 5 stars. 1 is easiest, 5 is hardest)

Difficulty: 1 Terrain: 1

It time for another cup of coffee and a little chatting. Come and join us for a morning eye openner. If you're new to CVC (Central Valley Cachers), this is a must do. We'll be at this little coffee house from 8AM until at least 9:30AM.

It's been too long and now that I'm back from the desert, it's time to get together and tell some stories. This is a come as your are (unless your in a robe) and enjoy talking event. There will be no surprises (cough) like normal but I will have an official Jeep Travel Bug. Everyone that attends can log it as a find.

Hope to see you all there. (All New Cachers Welcome!)

Edited by Green Achers

I didn't know it but Gatherings require two weeks notice. Since this is an urgent issue (I know everyone wants to get their grubby little hands on a 2005 Jeep Travel Bug), I'm going to be there anyway. No gathering credits but we can still visit or you can do a hit and run or whatever.

The joy will be seeing each other, talking and logging this 2005 Jeep Travel Bug. After the event, I will be taking it to a secret location (and installing a Ford Suspension) and stashing it into a CVC cache. I won't be logging the drop until someone finds it so your best chance is to meet met for coffee this Saturday.

I didn't think that it was an "official" gathering anyway, so no disappointment on this end. We will be there anyway! (Hopefully in our new dune buggy, but I have to do a couple of things to it first). :P

Wish I had ait a few weeks ago for the event! ;)

Edited by Sanruft

Click icon to download:

Please note: To use the services of geocaching.com, you must agree to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Difficulty: 1 Terrain: 1

It time for another cup of coffee and a little chatting. Come and join us for a morning eye openner. If you're new to CVC (Central Valley Cachers), this is a must do. We'll be at this little coffee house from 8AM until at least 9:30AM.

It's been too long and now that I'm back from the desert, it's time to get together and tell some stories. This is a come as your are (unless your in a robe) and enjoy talking event. There will be no surprises (cough) like normal but I will have an official Jeep Travel Bug. Everyone that attends can log it as a find.

I don't know if it's smart to go. I'm sure they'll take me and tape me up in the back begging for a clue on my cache... ;)

Click icon to download:

Difficulty:  1  Terrain:  1

I don't know if it's smart to go. I'm sure they'll take me and tape me up in the back begging for a clue on my cache... ;)

Official? Yes, its always official when we can get together with GreenAchers. Officially a blast that is. Do we need a smilie, NO, Nope, Never, Nada. Just fun, but bet your boots I will get that White Jeep Icon Saturday. Granny and I will get up before the sun to have a cup of coffee and chat with Bill. Now if you believe that what can I sell you?

See you on Saturday.

Click icon to download:

Call me a chicken but I get real nervous about meeting new people (esp when they all know each other already ;) ) But we are dying to place some faces with the names we keep seeing and my daughter said she would make me go by going with me :( How do we know that we are at the right place? Or will you be able to recognize us by the lost looks on our faces??

Call me a chicken but I get real nervous about meeting new people (esp when they all know each other already ;) ) But we are dying to place some faces with the names we keep seeing and my daughter said she would make me go by going with me :( How do we know that we are at the right place? Or will you be able to recognize us by the lost looks on our faces??

Just go the the coordinates at the appointed time and wander into the coffee shop. They should greet you immediately. But hey everybody, here's a photo of Microtaz so when you all see them you'll know them.

ced46864-a811-4f99-9183-2d2c25a40ab6.jpg

Call me a chicken but I get real nervous about meeting new people (esp when they all know each other already  :( ) But we are dying to place some faces with the names we keep seeing and my daughter said she would make me go by going with me  ;)  How do we know that we are at the right place? Or will you be able to recognize us by the lost looks on our faces??

Just go the the coordinates at the appointed time and wander into the coffee shop. They should greet you immediately. But hey everybody, here's a photo of Microtaz so when you all see them you'll know them.

ced46864-a811-4f99-9183-2d2c25a40ab6.jpg

LOL!! Too funny Laura!! Unfortunately, the avatar pictire of Laura (a.k.a. Outrageous Fortunes) is not very accurate of today...That was taken a short while ago. (Was that nice enough??) :(

My avatar picture is accurate, minus the beard, but either way, we will find you and welcome you. ;)

We hope to see you there!! :lol:

Edited by Sanruft
....avatar pictire of Laura (a.k.a. Outrageous Fortunes) is not very accurate of today...That was taken a short while ago. (Was that nice enough??) :(

Too nice Tim. That photo was taken a LOOOOOOONG time ago. Third grade in fact, so that was 42 years ago! There's a funny story associated with my avatar:

I asked my sister Mrs2For to post a find for me one day, so I gave her my password, and she "helped" me update my avatar without my knowledge. What a laugh she had at that! And me too when I first saw it. ;)

Call me a chicken but I get real nervous about meeting new people (esp when they all know each other already :lol: ) But we are dying to place some faces with the names we keep seeing and my daughter said she would make me go by going with me :D How do we know that we are at the right place? Or will you be able to recognize us by the lost looks on our faces??

Your always welcome with our group. Everyone will be very nice, and helpful. :D

Just be weary of Bill, Tim, Laura, and Kenny, everyone else you can trust. :lol:

Call me a chicken but I get real nervous about meeting new people (esp when they all know each other already  :lol: ) But we are dying to place some faces with the names we keep seeing and my daughter said she would make me go by going with me  :D  How do we know that we are at the right place? Or will you be able to recognize us by the lost looks on our faces??

Your always welcome with our group. Everyone will be very nice, and helpful. :D

Just be weary of Bill, Tim, Laura, and Kenny, everyone else you can trust. ;)

LOL! Yeah, watch out for that group...hmmm...I notice that Pat was somehow left off that list... :lol:

...I better join AARP also. Are there good benefits to joining? :D

Who can remember? It's one of those organizations that offers the world but never has to produce it because no one can remember why they joined. :D

Speaking of forgetting... why am I not trustworthy? I surely haven't ever done anything to earn that reputation. I was framed I tell ya. :lol:

How do we know that we are at the right place? Or will you be able to recognize us by the lost looks on our faces??

You'll know when you're in the right place. You'll be able to smell the coffee and see people that look like everyday people blending into the place. Just make sure you walk up to the counter and order the CVC favorite drink. That will be the key. :D

...I better join AARP also. Are there good benefits to joining?  <_<

Who can remember? It's one of those organizations that offers the world but never has to produce it because no one can remember why they joined. :huh:

Speaking of forgetting... why am I not trustworthy? I surely haven't ever done anything to earn that reputation. I was framed I tell ya. :lol:

Yep, he was framed...I was a witness! :lol:

Click icon to download:

Can someone email me with the name and location? I just got my GPS and dont know how to load waypoints other then with a gpx file :)

Me and my Family would like to come...

Click icon to download:

Can someone email me with the name and location? I just got my GPS and dont know how to load waypoints other then with a gpx file :)

Me and my Family would like to come...

Make sure you talk to a few of the vets there they can get you some lessons I'm sure on inputting other waypoints into your GPS.

You'll need to know when placing your own later. :)

I'd volunteer but unfortunately I'll be missing it this time.

Thanks to everyone that stopped by today. What a great turnout and all for the fun of it. Talk about a bunch of addicts. LOL

I hope we can do this again soon but with more notice and get it approved too. Guess I still have time to start plotting and scheming... I'm going to the barn and see what inspires new ideas. :o;)

Thanks to everyone that stopped by today. What a great turnout and all for the fun of it. Talk about a bunch of addicts. LOL

I hope we can do this again soon but with more notice and get it approved too. Guess I still have time to start plotting and scheming...  I'm going to the barn and see what inspires new ideas. ;)  :o

Thank you soooo much for inviting us! We had a great time and it is nice to know I'm not the only one affected with this illness ;) We learned a lot and hopefully some of our new found knowledge will help us a bit in the near future! I am glad we can finally place some faces with the names.....nice meeting ya'll!!

Edited by microtaz
Thank you soooo much for inviting us! We had a great time and it is nice to know I'm not the only one affected with this illness :) We learned a lot and hopefully some of our new found knowledge will help us a bit in the near future! I am glad we can finally place some faces with the names.....nice meeting ya'll!!

What a blast to meet microtaz. We sure could have talked a lot longer.

The best part was having Tim take my picture with the arresting officer.

1b67d989-d674-4e67-9b57-13db4f267ef6.jpg