Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

HEY!!! LTNC!!! sry i haven't been n touch! my email is all messed up and won't let me check 4 messeges and i don't have aim nemore... :-\ ((dad's doing)) call me l8r k? bi!

Whats LTNC? i am confused... :D

So how are all of you CVCers???

:D :D

~ali half-adult outrageous fortune

I think LTNC is long time no chat.... but I am not too sure......

WOW I havent been on the forum in quite a while. alot of new names. I see you and Pat are still going strong Bill. (and a few others from the old days). with all the new caches out there I guess it's time to dust off the GPS.

Mike M.

Hey Mike! LTNC. :D Let us know if you need any help in re-learning how to use that thing. LOL. I'm sure you'll be sorry to learn I'm packing for the Navigational (off-road) Rally in Nevada. I think it would be your kind of fun. You do still have the Jeep. Right? :(

OK, That was interesting. Nice to see our youth using proper grammer. I can hardly wait to see the future. OMG!

That version of shorthand 'speak' was 'invented' by people who send text messages on their phones. It's sole purpose is to get the message across with the minimum number of button presses. If you've ever tried to type a message on a phone, you'll know that all the triple tapping is a PIA. :anibad:

--Marky

OK, That was interesting. Nice to see our youth using proper grammer. I can hardly wait to see the future. OMG!

That version of shorthand 'speak' was 'invented' by people who send text messages on their phones. It's sole purpose is to get the message across with the minimum number of button presses. If you've ever tried to type a message on a phone, you'll know that all the triple tapping is a PIA. :rolleyes:

--Marky

I had the "preiveledge" of watching someone type what it seemed like 60 words a minute on a cell phone...And they were not the shortened version that we just witnessed in the forums. It was realy amazing! :rolleyes:

After an almost 2 year break, I dug out the old GPS and jumped back into Geocaching. Anybody remember me? Probably not.

Well, I'm Scot from Lodi and I hope to see you while I'm out hunting.

Found "Against my Wife's better Judgement" today, but got Stumped by the clever placement of "Taste of Lodi". Second time I have tried that one. Maybe the grass is getting too tall.

Hello again,

Scot

Hello hello everyone....we are pretty new to this and having sooooooo much fun. We have already had the pleasure of meeting Outrageous Fortunes and look forward to maybe meeting others in the future. Pretty much just wanted to make our presence known...hope everyone had a great weekend!

Welcome to all the new faces. Love to see them because it means the valley of the dead is alive.

The Half Adults where asking about Yaks-Alot... just after I replied, things changed. She's going to be out of Geocaching for a good while. While playing softball (which is a non-caching activity) she fractured her tibia and fibia at the growth plate. She'll have surgery tomorrow to install pins. Just another example of how unsafe it is to no be Geocaching. :huh:

The Half Adults where asking about Yaks-Alot... just after I replied, things changed. She's going to be out of Geocaching for a good while. While playing softball (which is a non-caching activity) she fractured her tibia and fibia at the growth plate. She'll have surgery tomorrow to install pins. Just another example of how unsafe it is to no be Geocaching. :huh:

Poor Yax-alot... Well I hope she feels better!!!

Half adult of OF

Welcome to all the new faces. Love to see them because it means the valley of the dead is alive.

The Half Adults where asking about Yaks-Alot...  just after I replied, things changed. She's going to be out of Geocaching for a good while. While playing softball (which is a non-caching activity) she fractured her tibia and fibia at the growth plate. She'll have surgery tomorrow to install pins. Just another example of how unsafe it is to no be Geocaching. :huh:

OUCH!!!!!!!!! :D:D:lol:

Please let her know that she is in our thought in the Camel cage here at our Zoo!

Edited by Camel680

A big welcome to the new and returning geocachers. Hope to see you out on the hunt or at a CVC function.

Poor Yaksalot! That's gotta hurt! :o We're praying that your surgery goes well. Sorry you won't be able to cache for awhile, but more importantly, can you still use your cell phone with only one good arm? :D

The Half Adults where asking about Yaks-Alot... just after I replied, things changed. She's going to be out of Geocaching for a good while. While playing softball (which is a non-caching activity) she fractured her tibia and fibia at the growth plate. She'll have surgery tomorrow to install pins. Just another example of how unsafe it is to no be Geocaching. :o

I just got back and read the news...I hope she is ok. She is in our thouhgts and prayers...I hope she is feeling better!

Thanks everyone for the kind words and prayers and hello to yet another new cacher - Isolino.

Sorry Pat, but we couldn't get her over there. All I hope we're going to second best.

Good news Ted, both of her arms are phone ready. It's her ankle that's going in for warranty work! $ATM$ wanted to translate for me... Fibia = Fibula. I got the Tibia at least.

Thanks again ya'll.

She's back from the dealer but it will be a while until she's good as new. Only took three pins and a little over two hours to install. Not too bad for $10 bucks, huh?! :lol:

Oh, I got a two fur today too. I got to spend all morning with my sister's boy who thought he broke his arm (while not caching). I told all the other kids that all we needed was one more to get a bulk rate discount... Three for the price of five! :lol:

Thank you again for the cares and prayers.

Hopefully, we're all done with this and can start getting back to having fun. Only three days left to get ready for the Rally so I'll be real busy this week.

Only three days left to get ready for the Rally so I'll be real busy this week.

Haven't you got that tractor to start yet? :lol:

Like I should talk. I'm still down in Fremont at work until Tuesday evening. Then I have to drive home and I'll have one day to get the truck and RV ready to head up there Thursday. THAT's busy.

Haven't you got that tractor to start yet? :D

I would love to see Bill on his tractor in the rally! Just picturing it now! :D:D:D (Although I bet he would do well with it!) :D

Haven't you got that tractor to start yet? :D

Like I should talk. I'm still down in Fremont at work until Tuesday evening. Then I have to drive home and I'll have one day to get the truck and RV ready to head up there Thursday. THAT's busy.

You'll be finished in time to leave on Thursday? Wow, do you need a lesson on busy. :D:D I'm still working on getting the ponymotor started. :D Next, I'll need to order that jet/diesel fuel to be delivered to the Green Achers pits.

Does Ron Streeter ever hang around this place any more? I haven't seen him in a long time and was wondering how he is doing.

Scot

He chimed in last on page 118, which wasn't that long ago. I have not had the pleasure of meeting the legend, but have had many an opportunity to get stumped by his cache placements! :antenna::santa::o So to answer your question, yes, he has "popped-in' here recently.

Does Ron Streeter ever hang around this place any more? I haven't seen him in a long time and was wondering how he is doing.

Scot

Scot

You can email him through the geocaching website. He will return your email. We sent a few emails back and forth a few weeks ago when he posted on pg 118. I'm going to try to hook up with him and go up to Stockton to find some caches with him. :antenna:

Pat

Help, help! We're being repressed----Oops, wrong line. Yes, we're newbies to the Forum and trying to figure out how to reply to different posts/topics, etc. Where can we go for some informational reading on this issue? Thanks a bunch in advance. My5Clan, Ken and Beth in the Central Valley of Riverbank. :antenna:

PS-Why does "tadpole" show up below our link of My5Clan??

Edited by my5clan
Help, help! We're being repressed----Oops, wrong line. Yes, we're newbies to the Forum and trying to figure out how to reply to different posts/topics, etc. Where can we go for some informational reading on this issue? Thanks a bunch in advance. My5Clan, Ken and Beth in the Central Valley of Riverbank. :antenna:

The 5 mud hog clan--"No mud 4 U" :santa:

Help, help! We're being repressed----Oops, wrong line.  Yes, we're newbies to the Forum and trying to figure out how to reply to different posts/topics, etc.  Where can we go for some informational reading on this issue?  Thanks a bunch in advance.  My5Clan, Ken and Beth in the Central Valley of Riverbank.  :)

Welcome to the CVC forum my5clan! If you go to the main forum page, there is a forum topic called getting started which has lots of helpful information, and a test forum to try things out to see if they work. http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=5

You can also post a question here and the helpful folks in CVC will usually be glad to lend a hand. :)

Help, help! We're being repressed----Oops, wrong line. Yes, we're newbies to the Forum and trying to figure out how to reply to different posts/topics, etc. Where can we go for some informational reading on this issue? Thanks a bunch in advance. My5Clan, Ken and Beth in the Central Valley of Riverbank. B)

Welcome my5clan! As Ted and Rosa stated, just about everyone in the CVC area will be willing to help you with any questions you have. They have really helped us over the past year and a half of caching! B)

Happy caching! B)B)

No reports on the rally yet?? :D How did everyone fair?

What? Huh? [Yawn, stretch]... OML, was that one great weekend. You all missed out big time. Sorry I'm still recovering and just woke up.

How did things go?? CVC brought home some of the joy (and pride). Thanks to all the good training by you guys.

The plaques were given to the best three teams in (1) Friday Night Rally, (2) Saturday Rally and trophies to (3) Average of both Rally's. Winners were determined by points which were earned (or lost) based on a number of requirements including (a) correctly tracking routes, (:D correctly averaging the right speed over a quarter leg, © averaging the right speed during a surprise section of the leg, (d) finding numberous bricks, stakes and reading sign's, (e) completing multi cache hunts, (f) completing timed challenge hunts.

b4ac896d-48af-43c3-8fe5-496fb47c63b0.jpg

013b692d-bfc4-4bd0-be49-733b4e603ab4.jpg

More Rally Pictures here.

Oh, ya. My Reno Air Race Cache was included in a book, Geocaching Around Reno by Team Laughing Gravey. It was really funny because I kept having people ask me for my autograph. Too much fun for just one weekend with a great group of dusty people. :P

..It was really funny because I kept having people ask me for my autograph.

That picture of my at night is not signing a book. Rather I'm checking in at a 'Check Point Challenge' where I'm getting my sealed envelope opened and time stamped so I can enter the cache coordinates into the GPSr and then dash off to find it and then run back to time out after finding it... all with in a mintute or two. Yikes!

No reports on the rally yet??  ;)  How did everyone fair?

What? Huh? [Yawn, stretch]... OML, was that one great weekend. You all missed out big time. Sorry I'm still recovering and just woke up.

How did things go?? CVC brought home some of the joy (and pride). Thanks to all the good training by you guys.

The plaques were given to the best three teams in (1) Friday Night Rally, (2) Saturday Rally and trophies to (3) Average of both Rally's. Winners were determined by points which were earned (or lost) based on a number of requirements including (a) correctly tracking routes, (:) correctly averaging the right speed over a quarter leg, © averaging the right speed during a surprise section of the leg, (d) finding numberous bricks, stakes and reading sign's, (e) completing multi cache hunts, (f) completing timed challenge hunts.

Oh, ya. My Reno Air Race Cache was included in a book, Geocaching Around Reno by Team Laughing Gravey. It was really funny because I kept having people ask me for my autograph. Too much fun for just one weekend with a great group of dusty people. :blink:

I knew the stories would not disappoint! I am already planning to be there next year...(Pending my Jeep purchase of course!) :)

Glad you had an awesome time! We were with you in spirit.

Edited by Sanruft

Here's the mug shot... see all the mugs?!

08287f4a-9290-4d10-988d-fb86c43b550a.jpg

From left to right, that's Green Achers' Driver and Navigator (4X and Bill), Team High Pointers' Driver and Navigator (Father and Son), Team NoSo-Cal Driver and Navigator (Ranboze and BThomas) and Team Spinner (Hynr, Teachermom, Angel and Lil Devil aka Hemlock).

The three groups represent the winners of the Night Rally, Best Over All and the Day Rally. There you have it! Green Achers... Best at Night. :blink::(

If there's a quiet before the storm... we're in for a dozzy. :laughing: Besides that, it's a three day weekend for most. That means one more day to cache! :)

It HAS been quiet in here!! I sure hope a storm is not following! :drama:

I haven't been caching at all lately, but plan on going ou Sunday afternoon. There are a dew newer ones (and some old ones) hat I have not found in the area so I will start there. We will be taking some new cachers along.

I hope everyone has a fun and safe holiday weekend! :o