Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

With all the people at the festival, you would have to be verrrry sneaky to find these without being seen.  ;)  Of course, there are plenty of sneaky cachers in CVC!  B)

Did you call? Actually, you must be talking about Patsy because she puts me to shame. LOL

I was going to suggest a coffee gathering in the next few weeks but it's getting too close to the Navigational Rally... so I need to be on my best behavior and take care of my homework.

On the other hand, I have a rather long and growing list of Geo-Puzzles that I've solved and need to hunt. Man I wish I had more time to cache. B)

Just send me those solutions Bill and I'll hunt them out for you! :o

Perhaps... but first - you'll need to prove yourself worthy. B) I'll be waiting and picking up the FTF prize in Stockton. Make it good Ryan! :(

I was going to suggest a coffee gathering in the next few weeks but it's getting too close to the Navigational Rally... so I need to be on my best behavior and take care of my homework.

On the other hand, I have a rather long and growing list of Geo-Puzzles that I've solved and need to hunt. Man I wish I had more time to cache. B)

Just send me those solutions Bill and I'll hunt them out for you! B)

Perhaps... but first - you'll need to prove yourself worthy. ;) I'll be waiting and picking up the FTF prize in Stockton. Make it good Ryan! :o

hmmm...I will be in Stocktom this weekend catching-up on some caches and eatins some asparagus...Don't be so quick to claim that FTF!! :(

Is the coffee gathering in order yet??

With all the people at the festival, you would have to be verrrry sneaky to find these without being seen.  B)  Of course, there are plenty of sneaky cachers in CVC!  B)

Did you call? Actually, you must be talking about Patsy because she puts me to shame. LOL

On the other hand, I have a rather long and growing list of Geo-Puzzles that I've solved and need to hunt. Man I wish I had more time to cache. :(

Just send me those solutions Bill and I'll hunt them out for you! ;)

Perhaps... but first - you'll need to prove yourself worthy. :o I'll be waiting and picking up the FTF prize in Stockton. Make it good Ryan! B)

That is on my list of solved puzzles but I have not gone for the find yet....

Eye open? I'm even fast asleep!

Great to see Manteca being developed more. When we placed the first caches in that city, I thought it was really difficult to find a good location. Now days, all I can see is good locations. Is that because the area has changed or because I've learned how wrong I was. :o

It's great to see the 7th cacher to ever solve and find the Black Box cache. Talk about a limited club! :o

And what's really funny is how close the 1st 2 were. Another funny thing is what Krypton told me at the CITO event. He told me that he wouldn't approve my next cache hide. I planted a cache and he did just that. Maybe he's a bit psychic because I know he was just joking. I really do need to start paying closer attention to other caches and how close I get to them. [:o] Anyways, that problem has been fixed. Too funny....

Edited by Brute-Force

Yes, Ron Streeter and I stashed the first two Manteca caches with in a day of each other - neither one telling the other. It turns out that they were stashed about 70 feet apart. Now Ron had placed his before mine but I submitted mine before he. It was really all funny.

Now that Geocaching even tracks every step of multi's and puzzle's so we have a growing challenge to do any work of depth. What really floors me is the number of caches in San Jose. It takes a super computer just to figure out the available Geo-space there.

Yes, Ron Streeter and I stashed the first two Manteca caches with in a day of each other - neither one telling the other. It turns out that they were stashed about 70 feet apart. Now Ron had placed his before mine but I submitted mine before he. It was really all funny.

Now that Geocaching even tracks every step of multi's and puzzle's so we have a growing challenge to do any work of depth. What really floors me is the number of caches in San Jose. It takes a super computer just to figure out the available Geo-space there.

I have been thinking of archiving a few of mine...That may open-up some Modesto space! :lol:

Can anyone reccommend a good 4x4 cache near Stockton? I just bought a 4Runner to GC in, and I need to break it in. Any suggestions?

Welcome to Geo4x4caching. Sure... you can start easy and go do the caches Fizzymagic and I did today up at Red Hills area (Hwy 108 @ Hwy 120). I'll see if I can upload a good picture soon.

The best part of the day was when we were at Brute Force's cache and I looked into a cave and saw what I thought was a bear looking back at me. :D Holy smokes, did that get my attention. It took us 30 minutes to get brave enough to stick a camera in the openning to get a flash photo... turns out to only be a large buzzard.

Fizzy's the winner on being brave (or is that stupid if it really was a bear? :D ). I stood watch at a good vantage point [holding the car keys] while he leaned in. We never did find the cache but that's OK. It was really cool to be that close to a large bird and her hugh eggs [i'm going to have to talk to my chickens about that].

Can anyone reccommend a good 4x4 cache near Stockton? I just bought a 4Runner to GC in, and I need to break it in. Any suggestions?

In another month or so you can do "ttora1" up by Mt. Reba. It is a great 4x4 road with terrific views at the cache site. I went in with my stock ford explorer so you shouldn't have any trouble, just wait for the snow to melt!

This sound like you need a ROAD TRIP....to Lake county

Bovine Hill Stash

by Eric Zeller

Hidden: 12/3/2000

Use waypoint: GCD4

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...94-7d62557613a7

This cache is one of the older caches in California.

There is also travel bug that has been stranded there for over a year.

Don

What do all the abbreviations mean in the logs? I figured out TNLN. What are some of the others that I've seen? Is there a cheat sheet somewhere?

Which abbreviations are you struggling with? (DNF = Did not find. TB - Travel Bug...etc...)

What do all the abbreviations mean in the logs? I figured out TNLN. What are some of the others that I've seen? Is there a cheat sheet somewhere?

The FAQ section of the Getting Started thread has great information like that.

Here are a couple of the best lists I've seen:

The Lexicon of Geocaching

Geo-Neologisms

You will find more if you do a google search on Geocaching Acronyms.

Enjoy....

...you can start easy and go do the caches Fizzymagic and I did today up at Red Hills area (Hwy 108 @ Hwy 120). I'll see if I can upload a good picture soon.

We took ATVs up there but it turns out you can't use them in the park. So we left them on the truck. Or at least we tried to!

ATV2_sm.jpg

We also saw something really awesome on Highway 120 on the way back. Anyone else ever noticed this?

Produce_sm.jpg

Which abbreviations are you struggling with? (DNF = Did not find. TB - Travel Bug...etc...)

Well, like: TNLNSL, TFTC ???

I saw that a few years ago. If I remember correctly someone else saw it and asked Bill if they were related.  :(

Related? Not that I know of. But they would make good kin folk. :D Fact is, they're fixin' to have a new Gee-O-cash on their farm so we're darn near closer than a tick on a hound dog.

Speaking of being close... here a picture of me hunting a cache in the upper two caves while thinking there was a bear in the large cave below. It turns out the 'bear head with fangs' was really an old buzzard. It took the nerves of steel but Fizzy was able to get a digital camera (with flash) into the opening. Up until that point, it was really difficult to focus on the hunt! :D

6b79a90c-19c2-4a77-8c23-843188d4270d.jpg

Edited by Green Achers

;) Hello,

I am a newly repatriated to Hanford after living in the Seattle area for the past 4 years. It’s good to be home. I was wondering if the central valley Geo Cachers ever planned any events. I would really enjoy meeting the local gang. I hope to place a few challenging caches out some time soon.

Hey 4Chin Seeker. Yes, we do gatherings a few times per year. Normally centered around Modesto, Manteca or Stockton. Modesto is a good 2 hour drive from Hanford, Califonia but we'd love to have you join us.

Washington? Did you run into Pepper up there? She used to live in Pleasanton and loves Geocaching. :(

Hey 4Chin Seeker. Yes, we do gatherings a few times per year. Normally centered around Modesto, Manteca or Stockton. Modesto is a good 2 hour drive from Hanford, Califonia but we'd love to have you join us.

Washington? Did you run into Pepper up there? She used to live in Pleasanton and loves Geocaching. :(

Yes I have met Pepper a few times. She is a bucket of laughs :( I tried to get a Pepper Geo Coin, but never could get my hands on one. I think I even have a pic of her from a event in Port Angelis, WA. She placed a few really hard caches. Nice Gal she is.

Where'd everyone go?? B)

Hey the half adult is here!!! :wub: We met some new cachers that go to my sister's school... Microtaz. I will tell them about the Forums! :D:mad: How's Yax-alot? tell her I said hi! This is the other half adult! My rat helped my aunt and uncle find a cache a while ago. . . he was sitting on it! B) "Buffy the Caching rat" !!!! B)

Man it's quite in the forum these days. Where'd everyone go?? :)

Still here...Been very busy with work lately and haven't had any time for caching. Interestingly enough though, I have met several cachers at business meetings and conventions lately. Seems like everywhere I turn, I run into a cacher! :D

Edited by Sanruft

Hey the half adult is here!!!   

Don't say that! Just because you're short it doesn't make you only half a person. :)

:D Ahem, Ted... How do I say this. That's Laura's kids. I called them 'Half Adults' on one of my logs because they're so intelligent beyond their years. Laura calls herself a Patsy and a Mischief Maker. Yaks-Alot would be my youngest. I think you met here on one of our Geo-boating trips so you can figure out how she earned that name. :D

Happy Mothers Day to all the ladies with kids. Especially if they're young and you drag them around caching. Talk about a handicapped cacher. :D Have a great day.

Don't say that! Just because you're short it doesn't make you only half a person. :)

:D Ahem, Ted... How do I say this. That's Laura's kids. I called them 'Half Adults' on one of my logs because they're so intelligent beyond their years. Laura calls herself a Patsy and a Mischief Maker. Yaks-Alot would be my youngest. I think you met here on one of our Geo-boating trips so you can figure out how she earned that name. :D

Happy Mothers Day to all the ladies with kids. Especially if they're young and you drag them around caching. Talk about a handicapped cacher. :D Have a great day.

Thanks for clearing that up Bill. :)

Don't say that! Just because you're short it doesn't make you only half a person. ;)

:blink: Ahem, Ted... How do I say this. That's Laura's kids. I called them 'Half Adults' on one of my logs because they're so intelligent beyond their years. Laura calls herself a Patsy and a Mischief Maker. Yaks-Alot would be my youngest. I think you met here on one of our Geo-boating trips so you can figure out how she earned that name. :unsure:

This is exactly what I'm doing today. I'm in Texas visiting Rowdy Bunch and we've managed 10 caches so far with only one being sans kids. The others were all with either a 2, 5 or 7 year old along, sometimes all of them! You are right, it's challenging and ups the difficulty rating on even a 1/1 cache! Still, it's caching, the kids love it and I enjoy being with them!

Happy Mom's Day to all the Moms out there in caching land! :D

Edited by 2 for the road

Howdy!

Thought I'd drop a line. I live in Santa Barbara but grew up in Stockton. I'm now coming here every one or two months since my mom just moved back home. She had brain surgery and has been in assisted living and with my sister in Cupertino. I like to take her geocaching to get out of the house and we found the one in Victory Park yesterday. I'm pretty new at this, but have been quite active the last few months. Getting ready to hide my first cache and my first bugs are already out and about. Just completed TeamTek's Temple of Cache today and am quite pleased with the quality of the caches here. Even got to meet OF at Cambio. I'll watch this thread for future events and hopefully I can time a visit to make one.

Bye for now!

-Peter

Howdy!

Thought I'd drop a line. I live in Santa Barbara but grew up in Stockton. I'm now coming here every one or two months since my mom just moved back home. She had brain surgery and has been in assisted living and with my sister in Cupertino. I like to take her geocaching to get out of the house and we found the one in Victory Park yesterday. I'm pretty new at this, but have been quite active the last few months. Getting ready to hide my first cache and my first bugs are already out and about. Just completed TeamTek's Temple of Cache today and am quite pleased with the quality of the caches here. Even got to meet OF at Cambio. I'll watch this thread for future events and hopefully I can time a visit to make one.

Bye for now!

-Peter

Welcome to the CVC Peter! I think you will find a quality group of cachers up in this area that will all be willing to help you should you need it! :unsure:

anybody see law and order last nite? cool highlight on geocaching...you should check it out!!

P.S. nice to be back...ima try and start caching somemore!!

Pete

I saw the episode last night...interesting story...I am just concerned that things like this will give some nut an idea and then ruin Geocaching as a hobby. I'm not sure that shows like that are good for Geocaching. :):):unsure:

And welcome back!

anybody see law and order last nite? cool highlight on geocaching...you should check it out!!

Pete

I saw the episode last night...interesting story...I am just concerned that things like this will give some nut an idea and then ruin Geocaching as a hobby. I'm not sure that shows like that are good for Geocaching. :D:D:)

And welcome back!

Too bad they highlighted the illegal burried cache. :):):) don't expect any like this to be listed by me :):unsure:

Edited by Krypton
That's Laura's kids. I called them 'Half Adults' on one of my logs because they're so intelligent beyond their years.

THANK YOU!! Bill! Am i really that smart? :mad:

;)

Um, hows Yax-alot?? tell her I said hi!

.:Yaxalot:.

HEY!!! LTNC!!! sry i haven't been n touch! my email is all messed up and won't let me check 4 messeges and i don't have aim nemore... :-\ ((dad's doing)) call me l8r k? bi!

------

-Bill-

OK, That was interesting. Nice to see our youth using proper grammer. I can hardly wait to see the future. OMG!

Pete

I saw the episode last night...interesting story...I am just concerned that things like this will give some nut an idea and then ruin Geocaching as a hobby. I'm not sure that shows like that are good for Geocaching. :D:D:D

And welcome back!

Too bad they highlighted the illegal burried cache. :D:D:D don't expect any like this to be listed by me :mad:;)

So, are you saying we aren't to bury caches or are you telling us to stop cutting down fences and digging the caches back up - after marching over the vegitation tops so as to get the best vantage point. :)

I can't believe people that are smart enough to make TV shows can't figure out such a simple perspective as 'Zero Impact.' :D