Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

Bill....I need your help!  or the young eagles..

Ripon Pack 414 is having a park day for the pack meeting next month.  They are planning a geocaching/orienteering activity.  There is a very small committee meeting next week on Wednesday night. I can't go because I am starting a 6 week mentoring class.  Don can go, but could use some help. 

I would think it would be best to just fake up a temporary geocache for the boys to find.  Do you think you can help with ideas? or go to the committee meeting?    or give a little talk at the pack meeting? 

I also think it best to leave the real geocaches alone.  what do you think.

PS. I found two caches in the past couplea days.

She's looking for help on this Wednesday 4/6/05. Contact AmyTinCan for more info.

Edited by Green Achers
PS. its only the committee meeting Wednesday night. Or if you want to email any ideas to me.

ok, to clarify. The event itself with the boys will be at a pack meeting I think the 4th tuesday of April. However, the guidance I need will be for the committee meeting when I was supposed to give an idea on what to do with the boys. but I have a class and can't go. The den leader wants to hear about it.

Oh, boy. Have I been having fun working The Ultimate Multipuzzlecache (GCJKJZ) by PhilippeGPS and The Rat. What a most excellent adventure and I haven't even gotten to the hunt yet! :):rolleyes:

I can see why it is the ultimate. I have clicked on the link multiple times, and have refreshed twice as many, and only come up with a blank box in the middle of the cache page. I'm not sure where to even begin. :rolleyes:

Bill....I need your help!  or the young eagles..

Ripon Pack 414 is having a park day for the pack meeting next month.  They are planning a geocaching/orienteering activity.  There is a very small committee meeting next week on Wednesday night. I can't go because I am starting a 6 week mentoring class.  Don can go, but could use some help. 

I would think it would be best to just fake up a temporary geocache for the boys to find.  Do you think you can help with ideas? or go to the committee meeting?    or give a little talk at the pack meeting? 

I also think it best to leave the real geocaches alone.  what do you think.

PS. I found two caches in the past couplea days.

She's looking for help on this Wednesday 4/6/05. Contact AmyTinCan for more info.

Wish I could help... but being baseball season and wth 2 players on different teams... I can't commit to anything as I never know wen a practice will pop up right now!!!!! I would love to help otherwise!

I'm not sure where to even begin. :lol:

Ah Grasshopper, you have much to learn.

Wise man say, "Often first step of long journey is most difficult."

Wise woman say, "Think carefully and the RIGHT idea will CLICK into your head to SAVE you from embarassment of FURTHER explanation of why you delayed your INSPECTION of this cache." :P

Thanks Patsy. That was well put.

ok, so how about some ideas for young boys and GPS?

And, we went on a walk today and checked on some caches. The bridge one had fallen and was on the piling and so hubby replaced it. Cache Ninja had some water in him, and the decoy had been stepped on. Blackwater is missing. By the way Peanuts Peanuts isn't there anymore either.

I really enjoyed a series today and would like to point out that they'd make a great bike ride for the Geo-family. It starts with Beaver Glen and then includes all these (below) for a nice flat couple miles (one way) in the wildlife. I even found a nice beaver scull and donated it to the Micky Grove Zoo.

85915_300.jpg

So, are there any other family bike ride series in CVC? I'd love to take $ATM$ out and her knee will only allow easy rides. (She's recoverying from Fattuhr's co-workers :o )

Speaking of Fattuhr... CONGRATULATIONS to CVC's JaimeeG. She's been AWAL/MIA while getting her degree and it looks like she's done us proud! Way to go Jaimee. :D

Speaking of Fattuhr... CONGRATULATIONS to CVC's JaimeeG. She's been AWAL/MIA while getting her degree and it looks like she's done us proud! Way to go Jaimee. :o

I'm pretty dang proud of her too. She has busted her hiney the last few years. That series looks fun Bill, I might just have to pack up the bike and head on out to do it. :D

I really enjoyed a series today and would like to point out that they'd make a great bike ride for the Geo-family. It starts with Beaver Glen and then includes all these (below) for a nice flat couple miles (one way) in the wildlife. I even found a nice beaver scull and donated it to the Micky Grove Zoo.

85915_300.jpg

So, are there any other family bike ride series in CVC? I'd love to take $ATM$ out and her knee will only allow easy rides. (She's recoverying from Fattuhr's co-workers :( )

Speaking of Fattuhr... CONGRATULATIONS to CVC's JaimeeG. She's been AWAL/MIA while getting her degree and it looks like she's done us proud! Way to go Jaimee. :(

Congrats to Jaimee on her completion of her schooling!!!!!

And Bill,

I'm sure you did it by now but there is a string of about 5 caches along Dry Creek in Modesto. (that is the creek that ran along the park we had the last event at) And Sanruft's string of caches along a bike trail in north Modesto near Standiford and Carver.

And Bill,

I'm sure you did it by now but there is a string of about 5 caches along Dry Creek in Modesto. (that is the creek that ran along the park we had the last event at) And Sanruft's string of caches along a bike trail in north Modesto near Standiford and Carver.

Ya, I already got in trouble for doing those two trails without her. :ph34r::lol: I was really hoping for a forth area as I keep mistakenly doing these without her. :laughing:

-------

Now that the CVC CITO Event has the correct coordinates and we're less than two weeks away, I'm going to be sending out a personal invite to all the CVC that I have e-ddress's for. Not because we need any given number to help out but I'd like everyone to have the opportunity. There will be a game with prizes awarded!

This is our chance to look good in front of the community.

And Bill,

I'm sure you did it by now but there is a string of about 5 caches along Dry Creek in Modesto.  (that is the creek that ran along the park we had the last event at)  And Sanruft's string of caches along a bike trail in north Modesto  near Standiford and Carver.

Ya, I already got in trouble for doing those two trails without her. :ph34r::lol: I was really hoping for a forth area as I keep mistakenly doing these without her. :laughing:

Hey, are these bike trails you're talking about OK for skinny tire road bikes, or are fat tired mtn bikes needed?

Has anybody seen the new google maps? Here is an example of one in the Ripon area. An what fairly new cache is in this picture? Lets hope we can start linking to these maps from www.geocaching.com. The map came from: http://maps.google.com

Whose Treasure?

Hey, Look. It's the posted coordiantes to start National Treasure - Ripon. Did you take that picture while doing some survailance, Warren?! :laughing:

natltreas.jpg

My wife showed me those Googlemaps last night. Pretty awesome imagery, although when I tried to zoom in on some of my cache locations the resolution took a major dive. It appeared that the HiRes stuff was mostly around the urban areas from what I could see. I was wondering if anyone knows if the images are current or stale data like Terraserver? Seems like with satellite data they could update it more frequently.

Has anybody seen the new google maps?  Here is an example of one in the Ripon area.  An what fairly new cache is in this picture?  Lets hope we can start linking to these maps from www.geocaching.com.  The map came from:  http://maps.google.com

I was also playing around with Google maps last night. I tried searching on a couple of different lat/lon styles--no go. Perhaps Google needs some encouragement.

I've also found Marky's Terraserver Viewer to be useful.

My wife showed me those Googlemaps last night. Pretty awesome imagery, although when I tried to zoom in on some of my cache locations the resolution took a major dive. It appeared that the HiRes stuff was mostly around the urban areas from what I could see. I was wondering if anyone knows if the images are current or stale data like Terraserver? Seems like with satellite data they could update it more frequently.

Actually, I don't think current data like that is appropriate in this day and age. Although, it would make for a lot of fun Geocaching adventures. :unsure:

We got this thing called keyhole off the internet. I think it is g a google thing. But you can see anywhere in the world like that instantly, but you have to be connected to the internet. Heres the link.

Link

Its pretty cool, you should check it out and see. Just thought I would tell everybody

The price is a bit steep though

-Andrew

We got this thing called keyhole off the internet. I think it is g a google thing. But you can see anywhere in the world like that instantly, but you have to be connected to the internet. Heres the link.

Link

Its pretty cool, you should check it out and see. Just thought I would tell everybody

The price is a bit steep though

-Andrew

Can you see me now?? :D

Looks like the CITO event is coming together...Thanks Bill for all of hard work putting this together.

Congrats to JaimeeG on her recent graduation. Having a nursing student in the house allows me to see just how difficult ANY schooling can be!

...Having a nursing student in the house allows me to see just how difficult ANY schooling can be!

Ya. And you can go for those level 5 difficulties without worry of going to the hospital. :(

The Details of the target area where put together by Tim and that was a lot of work and organization. Thanks Tim!!

Congrats to JaimeeG on her recent graduation. Having a nursing student in the house allows me to see just how difficult ANY schooling can be!

Jaimee is graduating from the nursing program. :(

Wow that's great! Incredibly difficult program...Is she planning on using her skills locally??

...Having a nursing student in the house allows me to see just how difficult ANY schooling can be!

Ya. And you can go for those level 5 difficulties without worry of going to the hospital. B)

The Details of the target area where put together by Tim and that was a lot of work and organization. Thanks Tim!!

Not as difficult as your National Treasure cache! :D Seriously, I didn't do much. I just hope we have a fantastic turn-out to put the CVC cachers in a positive light. :(

And thanks alot Bill...Now you went and JINXED me on my next 5-difficulty cache...May as well call an ambulance now! :(B):D

Ya. And you can go for those level 5 difficulties without worry of going to the hospital. :D

Not as difficult as your National Treasure cache! :( Seriously, I didn't do much. I just hope we have a fantastic turn-out to put the CVC cachers in a positive light. B)

I really wish I could attend..... I might be able to do a fly by in the morning first thing but with a 10:30 coaching obligation I can't be there for more than an hour.

Wish I could stay longer... besides... that would add another different icon to my stats page! HAHA :(

Flatlander CVCers looking for some up (and down) in life should go to h... :laughing: Wait, let me rephrase that. Last Saturday I visited Las Trampas East Bay Regional Park and did a loop hike into the Devil's Hole area and visited:

ltcaches.jpg

Terrain ratings range from 3 to 4. I had a 7 mile round trip (but took some shortcuts) and was out hiking for less than 5 hours. Incredible views from the ridge. Saw no one after I dropped over the south side of the ridge. Recommended--but then, I like hiking :lol:

Edited by Cap'n Finder

Just a notice regarding "Captain Weber" and "Magnetic Tour of Stockton"

These two caches are within the footprint of the Asparagus Festival which is this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. You could still go for them, but you'll have to pay $10 to get in. :rolleyes: The upside is you'll have a great time at the Festival. The Festival Area

ps: and "Trom's First" seems like it might be at the Festival too, BUT IT'S NOT!

Edited by Outrageous Fortunes
Just a notice regarding "Captain Weber" and "Magnetic Tour of Stockton"

These two caches are within the footprint of the Asparagus Festival which is this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. You could still go for them, but you'll have to pay $10 to get in.  :rolleyes:  The upside is you'll have a great time at the Festival. The Festival Area

ps: and "Trom's First" seems like it might be at the Festival too, BUT IT'S NOT!

With all the people at the festival, you would have to be verrrry sneaky to find these without being seen. :( Of course, there are plenty of sneaky cachers in CVC! ;)

With all the people at the festival, you would have to be verrrry sneaky to find these without being seen. :lol: Of course, there are plenty of sneaky cachers in CVC! :lol:

Did you call? Actually, you must be talking about Patsy because she puts me to shame. LOL

I was going to suggest a coffee gathering in the next few weeks but it's getting too close to the Navigational Rally... so I need to be on my best behavior and take care of my homework.

On the other hand, I have a rather long and growing list of Geo-Puzzles that I've solved and need to hunt. Man I wish I had more time to cache. :P

Can I ask where the capital of the CVC's are?

Good question... I'd guess that's somewhere between Stockton and Modesto based on the people that claim the CVC colors.

For the record, the tag 'CVC' was started before this thread. It started in the first year of Geocaching and the members at the time lived in Patterson, Stockton, Modesto and Ceres. There has never been an official list of membership and no one has ever collected [nor should they ever collect] fees. You become a member by either living in the general area and/or visiting it too many times. Of course, planning a gathering makes you a life member. :lol: Rather undefined group. Aren't we?! :lol:

With all the people at the festival, you would have to be verrrry sneaky to find these without being seen.  :lol:  Of course, there are plenty of sneaky cachers in CVC!  :lol:

Did you call? Actually, you must be talking about Patsy because she puts me to shame. LOL

I was going to suggest a coffee gathering in the next few weeks but it's getting too close to the Navigational Rally... so I need to be on my best behavior and take care of my homework.

On the other hand, I have a rather long and growing list of Geo-Puzzles that I've solved and need to hunt. Man I wish I had more time to cache. :P

Just send me those solutions Bill and I'll hunt them out for you! :P