Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

I have noticed that the bay area cachers, Sacramento area cachers and North state cachers all have their own, dedicated web sites. When will the CVC have one?? :D:D:D:D (And no, I am not volunteering for this one. I know nothing about creating a site!) :(...But I WILL help write material for it, post photos, etc...

Edited by Sanruft
I have noticed that the bay area cachers, Sacramento area cachers and North state cachers all have their own, dedicated web sites. When will the CVC have one?? :D:D:o:D (And no, I am not volunteering for this one. I know nothing about creating a site!) :D...But I WILL help write material for it, post photos, etc...

All I know about that is you have to register a domain name. www.cvc.com is already taken, but cvcachers.com and centralvalleycachers.com would be an option. Depending on where you register, you could get software included such as frontpage where all you would do is drag and click any pictures, frames, text, into their position and it converts it to HTML. Some registering websites I googled are: www.register.com, www.godaddy.com, www.alldomains.com. You'd have to pay a beginning fee and then a monthly fee. Well that's all I know about that (i guess I should have paid more attention in computer science class in high school) :(:D . I'm sure there is a book for dummies out there that will help... No, I'm not implying anything at all.... B):D

It seems that I am the last, trustworthy member of this bunch!  :D  :D  :D

Ah... right. If you have so much integrity, what are you doing hanging about with all of them? You heard Patsy saying she's even corrupting children into her vendetta. Camel's off getting drunk on 'soda'. M&M Lovers are profiling. B) Good thing I'm hear to keep you all in line. :D:(

Hey, Last night I made a cache that I think will drive folks nuts. At least, that's the plans. Brace your self while I finish the last details. :D

Edited by Green Achers
I have noticed that the bay area cachers, Sacramento area cachers and North state cachers all have their own, dedicated web sites. When will the CVC have one??  :D  :D  :o  B)  (And no, I am not volunteering for this one. I know nothing about creating a site!)  :D...But I WILL help write material for it, post photos, etc...

All I know about that is you have to register a domain name. www.cvc.com is already taken, but cvcachers.com and centralvalleycachers.com would be an option. Depending on where you register, you could get software included such as frontpage where all you would do is drag and click any pictures, frames, text, into their position and it converts it to HTML. Some registering websites I googled are: www.register.com, www.godaddy.com, www.alldomains.com. You'd have to pay a beginning fee and then a monthly fee. Well that's all I know about that (i guess I should have paid more attention in computer science class in high school) :(:D . I'm sure there is a book for dummies out there that will help... No, I'm not implying anything at all.... :D:D

Thanks for the info...Maybe I'll give it a try. I own several domain names already so I am familiar with that process, just not building the site. I am also ok with a little HTML, but can pick things up rather quickly.

Thanks for the info...Maybe I'll give it a try. I own several domain names already so I am familiar with that process, just not building the site. I am also ok with a little HTML, but can pick things up rather quickly.

You could take a look at www.sitecrossing.com. Cost looks reasonable and it has options of a whole lot of the features you might wish to use. I haven't used it, but have considered it.

You could take a look at www.sitecrossing.com. Cost looks reasonable and it has options of a whole lot of the features you might wish to use. I haven't used it, but have considered it.

Thanks Cap'n Finder. [is that a reference to CAP?]

I have a couple sites I operate on a free host. The only complaint is that it hords free time. :(

March 21 by Green Achers (528 found)

OK, I also hiked (ran actually) in from the preserve. The hunt took a while as I finally found the cache about 50+ feet South of the coordinates. However, I'm sure that is debatible as those trees really mess with the GPSr. I took my readings out in the clear and projected in several times.

It's now nice to see JeepySR DNFed this before me. It will add some room for poking fun.

Thanks for the fun and exersise today.

Bill of Green Achers

Hmmm, I recall being run off this area twice! Once by human, Once by K-9 :D Sorry Z & I missed Motowns Greatest Hits. :) My father has some health issues we are dealing with right now but we should be right as rain in a month or so. :D Really enjoying reading all the logs & posts. :blink: Even though we won't beable to cache for awhile, I can still be up to date with all that's going on within the CVC. Hope to see all soon :)

Sal & Z

Another good lead...I will do some homework tomorrow and maybe start down this path.

Has the CVC ever had an official site?

OK, I also hiked (ran actually) in from the preserve. The hunt took a while as I finally found the cache about 50+ feet South of the coordinates. However, I'm sure that is debatible as those trees really mess with the GPSr. I took my readings out in the clear and projected in several times.

It's now nice to see JeepySR DNFed this before me. It will add some room for poking fun.

Bill of Green Achers

Hmmm, I recall being run off this area twice! Once by human, Once by K-9 :) Sorry Z & I missed Motowns Greatest Hits. :D My father has some health issues we are dealing with right now but we should be right as rain in a month or so. :blink: Really enjoying reading all the logs & posts. :D Even though we won't beable to cache for awhile, I can still be up to date with all that's going on within the CVC. Hope to see all soon :)

Sal & Z

I think I'll hide some caches. I have some REALLY devious ideas for some caches, some I think Bill knows from a certain source at the event... :D

Thanks Cap'n Finder. [is that a reference to CAP?]

I have a couple sites I operate on a free host. The only complaint is that it hords free time. :)

No reference to CAP. Just a nickname--see my profile for my disclaimer.

I piggyback my personal site on a server that I maintain for someone else; else I'd volunteer to host a CVC site. Well... plus the fact that the poor little DSL line already sucks in terms of performance.

Bill of Green Achers

Hmmm, I recall being run off this area twice! Once by human, Once by K-9 :D Sorry Z & I missed Motowns Greatest Hits. :D My father has some health issues we are dealing with right now but we should be right as rain in a month or so. :D Really enjoying reading all the logs & posts. :D Even though we won't beable to cache for awhile, I can still be up to date with all that's going on within the CVC. Hope to see all soon :D

Sal & Z

Yes, that would be a good area to get buck-shot in the GPSr. So glad I walked the distance and no cars passed and the horse didn't tell and I didn't give up. It could be a great cache stop but only if everyone there knew what we were doing. I was rather nervous. :blink::):D

Sorry to hear about your dad. Hope he's up and caching soon. :)

Another good lead...I will do some homework tomorrow and maybe start down this path.

Tim I beleive Adobe has a website making utility. Pagemaker I think.

Thanks Kenny...I own every Adobe product that they have made. (Guess I should read the instructions evry now and then!) :grin:

Thanks Kenny...I own every Adobe product that they have made. (Guess I should read the instructions evry now and then!) :(

I hate Adobe. Everytime a person uses it to make a webpage it takes a really long time to load it. Could be just me. :grin:

Thanks Kenny...I own every Adobe product that they have made. (Guess I should read the instructions evry now and then!) :(

Man i know some adobe products can be quite expensive ;):( , I'm looking to buy photoshop, premier, and after effects. Do you know of any place I can get a good deal on them? ;)

Man i know some adobe products can be quite expensive ;):( , I'm looking to buy photoshop, premier, and after effects. Do you know of any place I can get a good deal on them? :(

If you are a full time student, or know someone who is, you can often get deeply discounted prices at college bookstores (like $99 instead of $495).

--Marky

Man i know some adobe products can be quite expensive ;):(  , I'm looking to buy photoshop, premier, and after effects.  Do you know of any place I can get a good deal on them? :(

If you are a full time student, or know someone who is, you can often get deeply discounted prices at college bookstores (like $99 instead of $495).

--Marky

Thanks for the tip, I'm in the computer lab right now at school, so i'll head over to the bookstore and check it out!

Thanks Kenny...I own every Adobe product that they have made. (Guess I should read the instructions evry now and then!) ;)

Man i know some adobe products can be quite expensive :tired:;) , I'm looking to buy photoshop, premier, and after effects. Do you know of any place I can get a good deal on them? :D

I did a trade with Adobe for some of my equipment. Unfortunately, I do not know of anyplace to buy it cheap. In fact, I just bought the new Photoshop CS package.

Do whatever you want to the logo. Use it how you want.

Back to lurking for me.

george

Wow. That was George... one of the founders of CVC. All hail, George. ;) Thanks for the logo. Oh. And the Black Box too. Looks like it's going to be hunted, if not found. Can you believe it's been over two years since anyone's been able to solve that darn puzzle?! :tired: I wonder how many shirt tailing cachers are going to be in the area tomorrow at noon?

Hey, we're pretty much out of the loop geocaching wise but I'm going to Vegas for spring break. Any quick and easy caches that are located in semi interesting spots that I should look for. Near the strip or the old part of Vegas (Fremont St.)

Nothing complicated, no long hikes, tricky is good, creative is good, touristy or historicall is very very good. I'm not sure if I could find a cache unless I tripped over it.

Not to many, maybe 5 or 6.

Did you take a big trip down there last year Marky?

george

Edited by georgeandmary
Hey, we're pretty much out of the loop geocaching wise but I'm going to Vegas for spring break. Any quick and easy caches that are located in semi interesting spots that I should look for. Near the strip or the old part of Vegas (Fremont St.)

Nothing complicated, no long hikes, tricky is good, creative is good, touristy or historicall is very very good. I'm not sure if I could find a cache unless I tripped over it.

Not to many, maybe 5 or 6.

Did you take a big trip down there last year Marky?

george

I liked the cache: "Shhh! Where's The Envelop?" (GCHKKZ) in Las Vegas. It wasn't anything spectacular, but I liked the concept and especially liked the break from the noise of Vegas. In fact, I have been toying with placing one similar here.

Have fun! :anibad:

Don't plant any while your there. NP's are out of bounds for Geocaching. They only want people enjoying the parks in the method they want you to enjoy them. Rock climbing and leaving spikes in the rock however is allowed! :( And don't walk below the climbers unless you're ready to see a lot of trash... humm, perhaps that would make a good CITO Gathering!! :D

Edited by Green Achers

We just got back from DC last week and grabbed a handful of the Virts on the Mall. Ones I would've liked to have grabbed (suggested by Sgt Stitches):

Last stop for a weary traveler (that's also on Mtn Man's list)

FDR Memorial (also on MM's list - and adopted by him)

"Awakening" (actually a couple miles south of the mall, but pretty cool sounding location)

Have a great time. We were a bit too early for the cherry blossoms, but maybe you'll get lucky.

We just got back from DC last week and grabbed a handful of the Virts on the Mall. Ones I would've liked to have grabbed (suggested by Sgt Stitches):

"Awakening" (actually a couple miles south of the mall, but pretty cool sounding location)

Have a great time. We were a bit too early for the cherry blossoms, but maybe you'll get lucky.

Perfect! Another great hint! I will be there for a little over a week and should be able to fit some caches in during the early evenings. Thank you! :ph34r:

We just got back from DC last week and grabbed a handful of the Virts on the Mall.  Ones I would've liked to have grabbed (suggested by Sgt Stitches):

Have a great time.  We were a bit too early for the cherry blossoms, but maybe you'll get lucky.

Perfect! Another great hint! I will be there for a little over a week and should be able to fit some caches in during the early evenings. Thank you! :ph34r:

I want'a go! Need someone to carry the luggage?! :ph34r:

In case anyone's still thinking about joining the fun in May at the GBES Nevada Navigational Rally, they still have available slots (no pun intended) but the rate is about to increase! Hurry and save!! This is a must do event IMHO as long as you have a vehicle with ground clearance (as most all pickup trucks do). If you don't have a ride, find someone that needs a willing navigator. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

We just got back from DC last week and grabbed a handful of the Virts on the Mall.  Ones I would've liked to have grabbed (suggested by Sgt Stitches):

Have a great time.  We were a bit too early for the cherry blossoms, but maybe you'll get lucky.

Perfect! Another great hint! I will be there for a little over a week and should be able to fit some caches in during the early evenings. Thank you! :(

I want'a go! Need someone to carry the luggage?! :D

In case anyone's still thinking about joining the fun in May at the GBES Nevada Navigational Rally, they still have available slots (no pun intended) but the rate is about to increase! Hurry and save!! This is a must do event IMHO as long as you have a vehicle with ground clearance (as most all pickup trucks do). If you don't have a ride, find someone that needs a willing navigator. :ph34r::(:D

I always need someone to carry luggage! :huh:

The rally sounds like fun. I have heard a lot of people speaking about it and they all have said that it is fantastic!

SlideRule reports he found GeorgeandMary's Black Box. Way to go, San Diego! Talk about devotion to puzzle caching. Wow!! :(:ph34r::( That's only the sixth time anyone's been able to find it and over two years since finder number five. Who's next?? :huh:

Here's his Find Log. Good reading. Especially if you're going to be the next to find! Funny that this cache has brought so many cachers to their knees. :D

Edited by Green Achers
Was the circular weed thing actually in a news paper??

I don't think so. That account was created the same day as the post. My guess would be that it was Bill. :blink:

You see the abuse I live with. I had nothing to do with that.

-------------

Is CVC going to do a CITO event on 4/16/05? It's a big push to promote Geocaching and although I think everyday is CITO day... perhaps we should choose a location. Since Ripon can't contribute to a CITO location, it's going to be up to Tracy, Stockton, Modesto or where ever. Between those, I'd say Modesto has the most area's that need it. Post your submission and I'll start posting the event now and modify the location as needed. :blink:

Was the circular weed thing actually in a news paper??

I don't think so. That account was created the same day as the post. My guess would be that it was Bill. :blink:

You see the abuse I live with. I had nothing to do with that.

-------------

Is CVC going to do a CITO event on 4/16/05? It's a big push to promote Geocaching and although I think everyday is CITO day... perhaps we should choose a location. Since Ripon can't contribute to a CITO location, it's going to be up to Tracy, Stockton, Modesto or where ever. Between those, I'd say Modesto has the most area's that need it. Post your submission and I'll start posting the event now and modify the location as needed. :o

I would REALLY like to have one down here, however, I will not be in town during that time. I will be gone for 3 weeks in April. :blink: I can think of several areas in need.

Happy Easter!