Fattuhr

Patsy?! Where were you between 3/10/05 at 12:30 PM and 3/16/05? Hummm?! :lol:

3-10-05 I was at work all day

3-11-05 I was at work all day

3-12-05 We were making lemoncello and entertaining the neighbors

384df521-19b8-4664-ae12-d9316661a526.jpg

3-13-05 We were in Livermore caching

3-14-05 I was working/caching in Angels Camp

I'm innocent, I tell ya! Do you have a warrant?

OK, I'll bite. Whats a lemoncello? Is that a musical instrument that plays sour notes? Also, is that a tostone maker someone is using to squeeze lemons?

OK, I'll bite. Whats a lemoncello? Is that a musical instrument that plays sour notes? Also, is that a tostone maker someone is using to squeeze lemons?

Yeah really what is that? It looks like lemons and apples or something.

Only two Corona's for all those lemons? :D

This calls for Corona! :D

[3-13-05 We were in Livermore caching

I've never heard of this before..had to Google it.

Looks very interesting....

I liked Ted's suggestion best - that Lemoncello is a musical instrument that only plays sour notes. :blink: But actually it's a liqueur that is made with vodka, lemon zest, sugar and water. You can easily Google a recipe. The important part is to use only the yellow part of the lemon peels, and to let it sit for a total of 80 days. We first had it in Siena, and loved it. It is stored in the freezer and served VERY cold in a tiny tall glass. Typically a summer drink, served after dinner to cleanse the palate. We processed over 100 lemons Saturday, but I'm thinking we could make some more, so let's all head over to GreenAchers with our baskets! Ryan can help pick lemons, but he is too young to drink the stuff so Ara will have to drink his share. :rolleyes:

I liked Ted's suggestion best - that Lemoncello is a musical instrument that only plays sour notes.  :lol:  But actually it's a liqueur that is made with vodka, lemon zest, sugar and water. You can easily Google a recipe. The important part is to use only the yellow part of the lemon peels, and to let it sit for a total of 80 days. We first had it in Siena, and loved it. It is stored in the freezer and served VERY cold in a tiny tall glass. Typically a summer drink, served after dinner to cleanse the palate. We processed over 100 lemons Saturday, but I'm thinking we could make some more, so let's all head over to GreenAchers with our baskets! Ryan can help pick lemons, but he is too young to drink the stuff so Ara will have to drink his share.  :lol:

So it's a booze?

I'm-a-hafta-check-this-out.

(edit/off topic?)

http://www.recipezaar.com/93851

Edited by Marcie/Eric
I liked Ted's suggestion best - that Lemoncello is a musical instrument that only plays sour notes. :lol: But actually it's a liqueur that is made with vodka, lemon zest, sugar and water. You can easily Google a recipe. The important part is to use only the yellow part of the lemon peels, and to let it sit for a total of 80 days. We first had it in Siena, and loved it. It is stored in the freezer and served VERY cold in a tiny tall glass. Typically a summer drink, served after dinner to cleanse the palate. We processed over 100 lemons Saturday, but I'm thinking we could make some more, so let's all head over to GreenAchers with our baskets! Ryan can help pick lemons, but he is too young to drink the stuff so Ara will have to drink his share. :lol:

We actually have a backyard full of fruit trees and also have a lemon tree.

...actually it's a liqueur that is made with vodka, lemon zest, sugar and water...

Sounds more like a good paint stripper or parts solvent. Watch out for open flames or fire when you're pouring that suff! :D:D

Paint stripper...Isn't that what they originally invented coke-a-cola for?? :D:D

Anyone else having problems with not getting the CVC forum emails? I am signed up for them and I get them for every other forumn I am registered for.... hmmmmm...... Is the CVC shutting me out? LOL :D:D

I still get all of the forum emails...I'm just not as big a trouble-maker in the CVC area so maybe it IS a lock-out!! :D:D:laughing: (Just kidding of course) :laughing:

Anyone else having problems with not getting the CVC forum emails?  I am signed up for them and I get them for every other forumn I am registered for....    hmmmmm...... Is the CVC shutting me out?  LOL  :D  :D

I still get all of the forum emails...I'm just not as big a trouble-maker in the CVC area so maybe it IS a lock-out!! :D:D:laughing: (Just kidding of course) :laughing:

No kidding! I never get notified about CVC forum. Well, almost never.

I see the tractor was fired-up with rocket fuel for the latest CVC Tag find! I may have to take a drive Westward to locate it again! :)

Also, TeamJudd was a bit busy placing some new caches around our city for those coming to the event on Saturday. Thanks Robert and Donna!

Tomorrow's the Gathering!

Looks like it's going to a great turn out too. As a reminder, try to repair your caches if needed. At a mimimum, reactivate them now and then do your foot work at the early morning. Certain cachers will be uploading their quaries tonight. Others will be working through the night over their kettle! :blink: I guess that means, come prepared. :ph34r: Rain shouldn't scare us! :lol::unsure::lol::lol::wacko::lol:

Hi there!!

The caching event, “Motown's Greatest Hits” has grown! In fact, it has grown so large that we would like to start it at the location for the games, rather than staging the beginning at Round Table Pizza.

With that in mind, the coordinates for the park where the cache-games are as follows:

N 37º 39.067 W 120º 57.762 (LaLoma Park)

We know many of you were coming to enjoy the pizza as well, so we will be providing 20 large pizzas on a first-come, first-serve basis. (Cheese, pepperoni, and sausage pizzas only).

You may wish to bring chairs as there will not be any at the new location.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Happy caching!!

Sanruft, Camel680 and TeamJudd

Looks like it's going to a great turn out too. As a reminder, try to repair your caches if needed. At a mimimum, reactivate them now and then do your foot work at the early morning. Certain cachers will be uploading their quaries tonight. Others will be working through the night over their kettle! :lol: I guess that means, come prepared. :lol: Rain shouldn't scare us! :wacko::blink::P:lol::lol::unsure:

What the noble Bill said but this should be kept up on a regular basis.

BTW those of you that know me, :o lets keep Bill in the dark for a while. :P

Hope to be there early but don't have any hides to maintain :ph34r::lol:

Looks like it's going to a great turn out too. As a reminder, try to repair your caches if needed. At a mimimum, reactivate them now and then do your foot work at the early morning. Certain cachers will be uploading their quaries tonight. Others will be working through the night over their kettle! :blink: I guess that means, come prepared. :ph34r: Rain shouldn't scare us! :wacko:  :lol:  :D  :D  :lol:  :unsure:

What the noble Bill said but this should be kept up on a regular basis.

BTW those of you that know me, :o lets keep Bill in the dark for a while. :P

Hope to be there early but don't have any hides to maintain :lol::lol:

Rain or shine...Motown's Greatest hits will go on. (It may be a bit modified, but wither way, we will be hosting it!) :D

Krypton...I have heard that name somewhere... :P:D:lol: Secret is safe with me! :D

I second that. Totally great event and no rain (other than one quick/light sprinkle). Camel680, Sanruft, Team Judd and their wives deserve kudo's. Thanks for the free lunch and baby caches. I've never seen a large ice chest used for a mommy cache before! :P

The bonus hunt was a blast too. Especially as we kept putting the back in a way no one else thought of. :D But in spite of our efforts, FTF was not going to happen. Guess we'll have to cheat harder next time. :D

Anyone that missed this gathering, missed out big time. Many friends, new and old, pleanty of food, fun and good weather. :D

Yes yes yes. Good thing the weather cooperated for the most part! It was cool meeting all of you who I've seen on the forum. The game was also fun. Thanks Sanruft, Camel680, and TeamJudd for the event. It was my first, but definately won't be my last! Also thanks for the "easy ten" caches and lottery ticket! Great job.

oh man that biker on the bench still makes me laugh. He was just listening to his headphones not knowing what was going on as group after group of people came up and took his bench apart. HAHA.

LOL! yes, the only "rain" for the day was on his parade! (I did apologize, but he was pretty mody!) :D

THANK YOU to EVERYONE who attended the event today! We had a wonderful time and thoroughly enjoyed watching everyone hunt for the caches.

And another BIG thank you to those who offered to help fund the event, (and those that "forced" their money on my wife!) :D The gestures were very nice and thoughtful.

The event was successful on MANY levels, but one that comes to mind is the insight we have to several mischeivious cachers. No one immediately comes to mind Bill, but it will make me aware at future events! :D:D (Note for self - Pick your teammates VERY carefully!) :P:D:D

Had a great time everyone! It is a reflection of the cachers that came. We consider ourselves very fortunate to be surounded by such fantastic people. :D

Just one more note...For those who attended the cache event today (Motown's Greatest Hits), please make sure that you log "attended" 10 times to claim the caches. (1 for the event and 9 for the caches).

Thank you again for making this such a great time! :P

We are really looking forward to some more events! (I heard some rumblings of Merced, Antioch and Lodi caching events??) :D:D:D

The picture of the cyclist that DavidT and Fisherwoman posted at the event is absolutly hilarious! :D:lol::D That poor guy had no clue what was happening!

Thanks for posting the photo!

edited for spelling

I jsut saw that picture.... He wasn't going to budge if the bench was on fire!!!!!! :D

Thanks to all who attended and made tis event memorable.... Everyone's willingness to endure the weather was what amde this event successful!!!!!!

I took a lot of photos that I will be posting this week. Some of them are also very funny! (I especially liked the "pre-event" shots!) :D

Ahem, Laura...err, I mean "Patsy"...I would not throw the stones TOO hard! (They might go through some of your own windows!) :D:D

It seems that I am the last, trustworthy member of this bunch! :DB):(