Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

I'm getting bored waiting for CVC Tag!!! to be placed, so I've been reading "Today's Cacher". I especially liked this page: Geocaching Terminology

I thought up these:

Misfortune: When you call OF for a life line and the half adults won't tell you anything.

Tagger: Someone who is obsessed with finding and hiding CVC Tag!!!

Tromp Loy: What some local cachers wanted to do after they looked for "Trom's First" cache at the Civic Auditorium.

:lol::P:P

Now let's hear some others.

ps: I just love it when my cute little third grade face pops up first on a new forum page :)

Edited by Outrageous Fortunes

Don't think the article mentioned:

Cachemobile........how we get from cache to cache.

Cachelight.........how we find the cache when we are night caching.

PS Love that 3rd grade photo too, and have to smile each time I see it and remember how it got there! :P

Edited by 2 for the road
I just discovered a problem with the way I was sorting pocket queries (I'm kind of slow that way) :P I decided to share it here to save someone else the frustration. I had checked the "Is Active" box on the query, thinking I didn't want to download inactive caches. The problem is, on 2-1 I downloaded a cache, and on 2-4 it was archived. Since it was now inactive, it didn't get selected on future queries, therefore was not downloaded into GSAK and my palm. I went searching for the cache last weekend, not knowing it was archived a month ago. I have now gone back and unchecked that box and will do my sorting in GSAK. :lol:

LOL! Been there, done that. times before slowing my process down!!) Thanks for the tip though! :)

Nanocache: 1/1000 the size of a mirocache. (Don't ask about a picocache!)

Fortune: The amount of money we're spending waiting for Kenny to get it in gear. CVC Tag!!!

Geocaching Disorder: (a) When you go to work, knowing full well that there's a Geocache 1.4 miles to the N/W. (:lol: Watching a storage container commercial and figuring out how much that would cost per cache and then noting down the 800 number because it just may work if you just through away the storage rack that comes with it. [i'm sure there's a few more definitions - ©, (d), etc]

FTF: (a) First To Find. (B) Forth To Find. © Fifth To Find. (d) Fourteenth To Find. (e) Fifteenth To Find. (f) Fourtyth To Find.

Near Miss: (a) Claiming a cache is gone and starting to walk away when it catches your eye. (B) Looking up from your GPSr and realizing the car in front of you is dead stopped and you're still at the speed limit. You jam on your breaks and make an awsome effort to scrub the speed off. You end up stopped, but two feet too long. [Often confused with 'Near accident!'] :rolleyes:

Half Right: Solving the Latitude puzzle on Team Tek's puzzle-cache and then hunting a really embarassing location because you messed up on the Longitude puzzle.

Hand Off: Having your caching friend call you up with the new coordinates to an old cache that you've been waiting to grab before a certain She-Tagger.

I thought of some more definitions:

dramadary = a Camel who enjoys creating drama in the caching world

kennydothat? = what you say when you realize what Camel has done

schmucklist = a totally useless Geocaching feature (especially when you're playing with cheaters)

farceur de chevre = a goat farming clown

;)

and let's not forget

patsy = my new name

I thought of some more definitions:

dramadary = a Camel who enjoys creating drama in the caching world

kennydothat? = what you say when you realize what Camel has done

schmucklist = a totally useless Geocaching feature (especially when you're playing with cheaters)

farceur de chevre = a goat farming clown

:P

and let's not forget

patsy = my new name

OK apparantely the secret it out!!!!!!

YES CVC TAG!! has been placed... (on Monday just like I told everyone it would be! ;) )

And yes the coordinates are on the cache page.

And yes!!!!!! Go find it now!!!!!!!!

And no Bill did not go find it because I gave him the coordinates. He was waiting for my OK to go get it. We just wanted to see if anyone noticed or not!

HAHAHA... Thanks Bill for letting me get one over on the community for a change!

There are still surprises however that even Bill is unaware of! so good luck and may the best man.... er.... person win! :P

:D:D

I'm looking forward to his next little adventure! ;)

You may regret that. Snitch! :P

Hummm. Let's see. Get The Point. Watermark. National Treasure. What could be next? You guys didn't like solving the Rubic Cube so that would have to be included. :D How about if I use my poor French in it too?

Joker of goat!? I was think more in the lines of Crateur d'aventure and/or Fermier d'amusement.

I'm looking forward to his next little adventure!  :)

You may regret that. Snitch! :D

Hummm. Let's see. Get The Point. Watermark. National Treasure. What could be next? You guys didn't like solving the Rubic Cube so that would have to be included. :) How about if I use my poor French in it too?

Joker of goat!? I was think more in the lines of Crateur d'aventure and/or Fermier d'amusement.

If you use French, I will counter that with a little German... :D:D

Hello all. I live in Cuyama, and was wondering what your definition of "Central Valley" was? When I lived in Bakersfield, I thought that was the Central Valley.

I have been geocaching for under a month, and would love to get to know others who cache :blink:

Thanks!

Hello all. I live in Cuyama, and was wondering what your definition of "Central Valley" was? When I lived in Bakersfield, I thought that was the Central Valley.

I have been geocaching for under a month, and would love to get to know others who cache :blink:

Thanks!

We have a pretty broad definition of Central Valley. We welcome anyone who lives, works, or caches anywhere from Sacramento to Bakersfield. In fact there is an event in Modesto on March 19th. Here's the link. You would be sure to meet several of the local cachers there. Hope to see you there. -Patsy of Outrageous Fortunes

Thanks!

I think by the "news" definition, they usually refer to the Central Valley as Fresno through Sacramento. Bakersfield isn't too far out of that region so I am sure most would include that in the definition.

Welcome to the CVC forums!!

There is informal travelbug swap 'unevent' this Sunday at 7:00pm at the Highway 84 TB Hotel (GCHTMN). This travelbug hotel is inside a pizza parlor, for those that haven't been there. We'll meet up with Olaf - TravelingViking (550k TBmiles) - and swap bugs and stories and eat some pizza. I thought I'd post this here just in case any of my CVC friends were in the area this Sunday and wanted some pizza.

Edit: I forgot to mention that Olaf wants to swap for any bugs that would like to jump over the Atlantic with him.

--Marky

Edited by Marky

Wish I could go Marky.... would be fun I'm sure.

On another note... all the impatience; :blink: All the griping; :blink: And I go and place CVC TAG! and still no one to find it.. :lol::huh::lol: ... I thought you were in your car ready to go Laura... er..... Patsy.... (wy the name change?)

Edited by Camel680
On another note...  all the impatience;  :(    All the griping;  :)  And I go and place CVC TAG! and still no one to find it.. :D  :)  :D ...  I thought you were in your car ready to go Laura...  er.....  Patsy....  (wy the name change?)

MLC! Shhhhhh. :(

MLC?????????????????? I think I missed something.

I have been geocaching for under a month, and would love to get to know others who cache :(

Thanks!

CVC: Central Valley Cachers

CVC Member: Someone living in or visiting too often to the greater CVC stomping grounds.

CVC Stomping Grounds: See Patsy's posting above with Sanruft's line adjustment. [Well said team]

Welcome Emily! It's always good to see new voices on the forum. :(

Mid-Life Crisis. Now hold it down. I don't want her knowing I was the one that told you. Shhhh. I think I hear her coming. ;)

Mid-Life? But she looks so young in her picture! :(

That's because the picture was taken when I was in third grade Ted. And yes, I admit it, I'm having a mid-life crisis. (Undoubtably caused by certain other cachers who shall remain nameless.) Sometimes I can't even remember my own name!

Anyway, I posted the photos from Pot of Trouble today. Here they are. I got a good laugh out of them and hope you all do too. I couldn't figure out a few of them....maybe the unknowns could post their names? Enjoy! :(

OK.... still no log from CVc Tag! Has it not been found yet or is someone else trying to pull one over on the greater CVC. I was in La Loma park yesterday and I saw what I placed there still intact. Though I did see a teepee of sticks..... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................................. :(

...yes, I admit it, I'm having a mid-life crisis. (Undoubtably caused by certain other cachers who shall remain nameless.)

[Ahem] See what you did, Kenny? OMG. Seams like just yesterday when she wasn't twitching. Too bad to! :(

Love those pictures at the name-sake cache too. :( That was a fun day.

Hi Peter. We missed you before but this time I think I got you.

What if Peter had crib notes for caching...

da524303-ad56-41f7-8073-3459fb46d20c.jpg

Edited by Green Achers
OK.... still no log from CVc Tag! Has it not been found yet or is someone else trying to pull one over on the greater CVC. I was in La Loma park yesterday and I saw what I placed there still intact. Though I did see a teepee of sticks..... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................................. :(

Ah, ya. We're going to work until we show you a thing or two. Perhaps the morning will bring some interest... maybe on their way to an adventure cache?? :(

We just got back from attending our first RCGDS (River City Geocaching and Dining Society) event in Sacramento and had a fantastic time! We met a lot of wonderful people and heard some hilarious stories. (Not to mention a nice meal as well!) For those who have not attended one of their dinners, I HIGHLY recommend the short drive. Everyone was very warm, friendly and welcomming. They had over 120 people attend! (Furthest traveled was two from Australia) :huh: They have one of these events monthly. I am sure that I will be attending more in the near future! ;)

Now I just need to head to the Bay area for one of the BADGES dinners! :huh:

Edited by Sanruft

Ohhh...I almost forgot....One of the fine people I met tonight was the "infamous' KRYPTON. (One of the Norcal Cache Reviewers). I heard some rumors that this person may be attending another upcoming local event. :huh:

Hope to see them there! (As well as everyone else who attnds!) :huh:

Drats! I wanted to go to that so bad. Did you get to go to the Rally Skool as well??

-----

National Treasure - Ripon is now open to all cachers (no longer a members only). All other aspects remain the same.

Patsy, Manteca Wally-World has them near the crayons! I'd guess most all the stores place them in the same location as well. :)

Drats! I wanted to go to that so bad. Did you get to go to the Rally Skool as well??

No, unfortunately time did not allow for the rally school, but learned a lot about it. It will be on my "must-do" list for the future.

Future?? Times up. That Rally ''Skool'' was your chance to train for our Navigational Rally in Nevada this summer. I'm not even sure if they have any entry positions available any more. However, if they do I'd suggest you buy in tonight! It's one big blast. Rally Info Here!

BTW, the page has a few of my photo's taking on the fly during the race last year. :lol:

Edited by Green Achers

No, unfortunately time did not allow for the rally school, but learned a lot about it. It will be on my "must-do" list for the future.

Future?? Times up. That Rally ''Skool'' was your chance to train for our Navigational Rally in Nevada this summer. I'm not even sure if they have any entry positions available any more. However, if they do I'd suggest you buy in tonight! It's one big blast. Rally Info Here!

BTW, the page has a few of my photo's taking on the fly during the race last year. :o

I talked to one of the people in charge of the event for quite awhile and he gave me the run down. It sounds like a lot of fun, but I I am not positive that I will be in the area during that time. They were giving away 1 entry last night to a lucky 'newcomer". I would LOVE to go...Another strike against me going was that I just got rid of my 4 wheel drive a week and a half ago, and have no plans of replacing that void in the very near future.

He was inspecting the vehicles of those interested in attending, making sure they would have a vehicle capable of finishing the course. Light 4x4's are ok, but things like Subaru's and Saturn Vue's (and in our case, Honda Pilot) just did not seem to have what it takes. At least that was his advice.

Well, there is always next year! :lol:

Sanruft did you happen to meet a cacher by the name of Wyldwood. That is my uncle and he has often been to the rivercity events. He geocaches with 4wheeler and Team Alamo and tells me a lot of stories that they experience. I can't believe the amount of finds Team Alamo has: almost 7050!!!

As for the upcoming event in Modesto... I have that saturday off and I am planning to attend. I have 73 finds right now, my goal is to make the event my 100th, I guess I have some work to do!

Sanruft did you happen to meet a cacher by the name of Wyldwood. That is my uncle and he has often been to the rivercity events. He geocaches with 4wheeler and Team Alamo and tells me a lot of stories that they experience. I can't believe the amount of finds Team Alamo has: almost 7050!!!

As for the upcoming event in Modesto... I have that saturday off and I am planning to attend. I have 73 finds right now, my goal is to make the event my 100th, I guess I have some work to do!

My wife recalls seeing a cacher named Wyldwood at the event, but I did not have the pleasure of meeting him personally. (The place had over 120 people there last night!) I met with team Alamo and 4 wheeler though, so he probably wasn't too far away! :lol: I will look for him the next time I attend their event, which will probably be in May as I will be out of town next month.

We look forward to meeting you at the event next week. There are many caches in the area and that are a lot of fun. We will be honored to have our event as your 100th find!

See you on Saturday! :o

Drumroll please..................I think I actually solved my FIRST Fizzymagic puzzle cache! I started with Cross Words and solved it but I'll have to go back to Livermore to find it. I also worked on Speling Qwiz, but still have more work to do on that one. I hope this isn't the start of another addiction! :lol:

Why hasn't anyone found CVC TAg yet? Do I have to go down to the edge of the earth and find it for you local boys? That's pretty far south for me, but I think I could make it there and back again.

Drumroll please..................I think I actually solved my FIRST Fizzymagic puzzle cache! I started with Cross Words and solved it but I'll have to go back to Livermore to find it. I also worked on Speling Qwiz, but still have more work to do on that one. I hope this isn't the start of another addiction! :ninja:

Why hasn't anyone found CVC TAg yet? Do I have to go down to the edge of the earth and find it for you local boys? That's pretty far south for me, but I think I could make it there and back again.

Wow, you could drop by and do Counterparts while you're in the area... and since you're doing those, Double Agent is in one of your languages. Glad you're joining us into the non-addictive caches. :ninja:

Tag? [cough, cough, sniff] Too bad work won't by my sickness story. Otherwise I'd be there tomorrow.

well.....

I hate to be the bearer of bad news.....

In fact I let it ride for a couple of days now...

BUT Tag is not there where I left it. In fact it has been gone since atleast last Wednesday. (or was it thursday? can't remember)

So it was either muggled.... OR someone has found it. I too saw the same pile of sticks at the first stage.. but I removed them. :ninja::ninja:

And yes I did say first stage.... :ninja:

This prompted me to check on the second stage the next day. confirming that it was indeed "found"????? perhaps.... I figure the culprit will come forward eventually.

Edited by Camel680
well.....

I hate to be the bearer of bad news.....

In fact I let it ride for a couple of days now...

BUT Tag is not there where I left it. In fact it has been gone since atleast last Wednesday. (or was it thursday? can't remember)

So it was either muggled.... OR someone has found it. I too saw the same pile of sticks at the first stage.. but I removed them. :ninja::P

And yes I did say first stage.... :ninja:

This prompted me to check on the second stage the next day. confirming that it was indeed "found"????? perhaps.... I figure the culprit will come forward eventually.

I think she's had enough of your tricks and she's showing you why she's the master. I told you leave Patsy alone but did you listen? Nooooooo! :ninja: