Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

Has anyone else ever had an OTF? (Only to Find) We found a cache on September 19, 2004 and no one else has ever found it! It's still there, cachers are trying to find it, but no one else has.

I challenge you geo-genius types to find this cache: To market, To market

The gauntlet has been thrown down.  ;)

CONGRATULATIONS to Sanruft and TeamJudd for finding this cache! They accepted the challenge and came through with a little hint. (They received the hint while out caching because they have "internet access" on the creek. :D:D ) Way to go guys!

Edited by Outrageous Fortunes
Hey! I've had my Hyundai in more horrible spots than you can imagine. And possibly a few more than I can believe I was stupid enough to try. lol. Just wondering Bill, is perhaps this cache Bridge to Nowhere II above the snow line? Over 3 months with no FTF. Either it's snowed in or folks out there are slacking off!

I'd tell them what you're racing with and if they have no problem, I say... Bring it on! ;)

For that FTF: JeepySR must of DNF. Perhaps it's too far for WildLifeGuy. Maybe 4Wheeler doesn't like the cold. Could SnoWake be a sleep. I know it's the busy time of the year for Special Delivery. TeamTek probably can't get a ride. Cachecows209 has the same problem. AmyTinCan is on the move. Snow? That wouldn't keep these cachers away! :D

Nah, just a little too far for us just for a cache. Our limit is around 25-30 miles away or 1+ hours to get there. Or we're just too lazy! :D

Hey! I've had my Hyundai in more horrible spots than you can imagine. And possibly a few more than I can believe I was stupid enough to try. lol. Just wondering Bill, is perhaps this cache Bridge to Nowhere II above the snow line? Over 3 months with no FTF. Either it's snowed in or folks out there are slacking off!

I'd tell them what you're racing with and if they have no problem, I say... Bring it on! ;)

For that FTF: JeepySR must of DNF. Perhaps it's too far for WildLifeGuy. Maybe 4Wheeler doesn't like the cold. Could SnoWake be a sleep. I know it's the busy time of the year for Special Delivery. TeamTek probably can't get a ride. Cachecows209 has the same problem. AmyTinCan is on the move. Snow? That wouldn't keep these cachers away! :o

Nah, just a little too far for us just for a cache. Our limit is around 25-30 miles away or 1+ hours to get there. Or we're just too lazy! ;)

Come Thaw out we are there! :huh: Caught a lot of fish near this bridge over the years so know exactly where it at. Ofcourse we can lead an expedition through the snow to retrieve this one. Any takers? :o

CVC Question: How's planning (or at least thinking about planning) to do this years Navigational Rally? It was a total blast last year and I highly encourage everyone. [No want-2-bee Off-Road Vehicles. It's a ground clearance requirement for a couple locations in the race.] :blink:

We are game for it as of now... We do have a race on May 14th at Mesa Marin

so if the car comes home as it went then we should be up for it... Is there places to camp in a trailer near by? Any one know of any thing? We would like to take our camp trailer to stay in.

CVC Question: Who's planning (or at least thinking about planning) to do this years Navigational Rally? It was a total blast last year and I highly encourage everyone. [No want-2-bee Off-Road Vehicles. It's a ground clearance requirement for a couple locations in the race.] :mad:

We are game for it as of now... We do have a race on May 14th at Mesa Marin

so if the car comes home as it went then we should be up for it... Is there places to camp in a trailer near by? Any one know of any thing? We would like to take our camp trailer to stay in.

I thought about bringing the trailer as well. But with diesel prices going up at the same rate as gasoline, it's cheaper for us to stay in the hotel. Judging from last year, I'd guess there would be no problem in camping just about anywhere. However, I'd check with the race director as they're locals and will likely take great care of you.

Best wishes on the Mesa Marin race. Is that a car race?

Geo Bandits and I are both closing in on the 500 cache milestone. Since the century finds are noteworthy, I wonder if a STF (Second To Find) at a cache that hasn't been found since 6/21/03 would do? :mad:

Hey all... I can't believe I have gone this long without knowing this thread existed... I decided to look up the caches that I haven't found and Just Forum You by green achers popped up. Looks like I got quite a bit of reading to do! lol also... just found Chambers of Ripon today. Awesome.

Hey all... I can't believe I have gone this long without knowing this thread existed... I decided to look up the caches that I haven't found and Just Forum You by green achers popped up. Looks like I got quite a bit of reading to do! lol also... just found Chambers of Ripon today. Awesome.

Well let me be the first to welcome you and hopefully you will make our upcoming event March 26th here in Modesto. It is not approved yet but once it is you will find it as "Motowns Greatest Hits" Hope to see you there and again.... Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the CVC forums! We have found this forum to be extremely helpful, friendly, and useful. (Not to mention a lot of fun!) :D

We hope you have as much fun here as we do!

Happy caching!

Holy cow I found a central valley part of the forum and I wasn't even looking for it!

I'm Chris and I live in Fresno. I see some familiar names here. Green Archers, your Pheromone cache is still one of my favorites and when I get a TB or 2 that needs to go north I'll bring em to ya!

And a big welcome to you as well! Welcome to the CVC forums!

(It's usually GreenAchers that gives the "official" greeting here...I think the roosters failed to wake him up today!) :D

I'm awake... for now. Ya. Darn lazy rooster. I think he's getting even with me for waking him up in the middle of the night as a joke! :D:D

WELCOME to all the new forum faces. [That's not my job to say that either. It's just my way of letting people know not to run away.] Nobleman I've been talking to. Craigvince, Thanks for the heads up. Lets see if I can beat most of the crowd there. LongDrive (aka Chris), Thank you but I have much better caches you have yet to enjoy. :D

Just Forum You is the cache that opens this door to the wealth of knowledge (and kidding) that flows here so often. It's a great way to keep in touch to the greater area.

I got a few more finds today and one DNF. Looks like I'll be beating GeoBandits to the 500 mark but not by much. They started way after me and have been doing great on the numbers as well as the hides. I'll be looking forward to meeting them and all the other CVC members at the March gathering. :D It should be a lot of fun.

BTW, The cache name Recess sounds like a cache Camel once tried. :D:D

On another note, I'll be listing soon an event to be held on April 1. It will be a low key thing at a pizza joint in the Dublin/Pleasanton area, with the main purpose of collecting travel bugs and fellow Geocachers that would like to join me in a trip toThis Event In Ventura I'll only be at the pizza thing for about an hour(around 7pm+), and then plan to drive to around Bakersfield on Friday night, and complete the journey to the Event on Saturday morning. contact me if you're interested in going to Ventura (Carpool, or Convoy)

I know It wouldn't make sense to come out to the Pizza, but if anyone wants to hook up and follow along, that would be cool

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT
WooHoo! We passed 500 like it was tied to a stump!!! I just posted 63 finds! :lostsignal:

Congrats! You sure have been busy!!

On another note...Our upcoming event was moved-up one weekend to March 19th. We all forgot that the 26th was Easter weekend. (Oooops) :D

I hope to see everyone there!

BTW, The cache name Recess sounds like a cache Camel once tried. :D  :lostsignal:

Bill, Are you referring to A Lunch Hour Multi then that wasn't officially my cache. It was jsut placed for me. (especially since my lunch hours were commonly 2 hours long! HAHA! )

2 Hours??? Only on your busiest day!! I think you are on a permanent lunch now!! :D:D:D:D

I wish I could be on permanent lunch!

LOL! Even still...You have longer lunches than anyone I have ever met!! :P

(That's right...I'm jealous!) Some of us have to work for a living!! B):lol:

On another note...Our upcoming event was moved-up one weekend to March 19th. We all forgot that the 26th was Easter weekend. (Oooops) :lol:

I hope to see everyone there!

Speaking of...... This just In! MoTown's Greatest Hits Is officially an event. It has now been approved! Hope to see you all there.... we have some good games planned for the event! plus we are spending some great time working on some challenges. Plan on attending! It will be great fun!

BTW, The cache name Recess sounds like a cache Camel once tried. :D  :mad:

Bill, Are you referring to A Lunch Hour Multi then that wasn't officially my cache. It was jsut placed for me. (especially since my lunch hours were commonly 2 hours long! HAHA! )

2 Hours??? Only on your busiest day!! I think you are on a permanent lunch now!! :mad::mad::mad::lol:

LOL! Even still...You have longer lunches than anyone I have ever met!! :mad:

(That's right...I'm jealous!) Some of us have to work for a living!! :mad::mad:

I'm sorry.... you said you "work" for a living... must be using that term loosely!

:(:D:(:mad::mad::mad::D:D:D

Edited by Camel680

I would be out with my loved one today Camel680, but we broke up about 2 weeks ago. Rough stuff. :( Its a shame cuz she liked geocaching. Well anyways I was deciding to go find a couple today because I have the day off work, but coming home from school in modesto changed my mind. It was decent weather there, but once I hit Manteca it was so dreary I decided to just stay home and do homework. Fun valentine's day huh.

Motown's greatest hits sounds fun. I hope I have that day off. I most likely won't though because I requested for that sunday off because I'm going to an Alicia Keys concert in Oakland. Maybe they'll give me a break that weekend and let me take two days. It sure is hard working 40 hours a week, going to school full time and finding time to cache. :lol:

Edited by Nobleman

BTW, The cache name Recess sounds like a cache Camel once tried. :lol:  :lol:

2 Hours??? Only on your busiest day!! I think you are on a permanent lunch now!! :lol::):huh::huh:

LOL! Even still...You have longer lunches than anyone I have ever met!! :P

(That's right...I'm jealous!) Some of us have to work for a living!! :lol::lol:

I'm sorry.... you said you "work" for a living... must be using that term loosely!

:):D:laughing::lol::D:lol::laughing::laughing::unsure:

As loosely as I can!! ;)

I would be out with my loved one today Camel680, but we broke up about 2 weeks ago. Rough stuff. :laughing: Its a shame cuz she liked geocaching. Well anyways I was deciding to go find a couple today because I have the day off work, but coming home from school in modesto changed my mind. It was decent weather there, but once I hit Manteca it was so dreary I decided to just stay home and do homework. Fun valentine's day huh.

Motown's greatest hits sounds fun. I hope I have that day off. I most likely won't though because I requested for that sunday off because I'm going to an Alicia Keys concert in Oakland. Maybe they'll give me a break that weekend and let me take two days. It sure is hard working 40 hours a week, going to school full time and finding time to cache. :laughing:

Sorry to hear about the recent break-up Nobleman...I hope all works out ok!

Valentine's Day power caching weekend update...........brag, brag, brag! ;) We managed to grab 125 caches, passing both 500 and 600 in the same weekend.

Caching in the desert is very fun! We even put the AWD to a few tests. Lots of different cache styles and we learned a few new tricks so beware.

Thanks for the congratulations here on the forums and a special thank you to Wheeler Dealers for a great weekend, two caches dedicated to our visit, and wonderful hospitality!

Sanruft, the date change for your event makes it possible for us to attend. See you all there!