Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

........What do you all think? .......

I think you should email me the whole cache so I can preview it. You know me, just trying to help whenever I can. -Laura :huh:

Me to! You know how much I love multi's :huh:

Don

Me too, you know how much we like to be FTF! :P

Sal & Z

Torches = flashlights!  :huh:

Sorry about the language barrier, we did indeed mean flashlights. I now have a mental image of someone turning up with 2 big sticks with flames on the end, olympic torch style!

I had the same image, that's why I thought I would translate English into American for the locals! :huh:

Have a great time caching in the US. Traveling and caching; it just doesn't get much better!

The last time we were over here someone had to remind us that the phrase 'Have we got time to smoke a fag?' means something completely different as well.

Tigger

Yep. This could be interpreted as being a personal threat. I'm not sure why that strikes me as funny. Perhaps because of watching way too much Benny Hill! :huh: English humor.

I'll make sure you have a light or two. When I hunted the cache by myself, I used a micro light no better than $5 cheep. Oh course, that did cause a little problem in identifying danger at one point. LOL

I think you should email me the whole cache so I can preview it. You know me, just trying to help whenever I can. -Laura :huh:

Me to! You know how much I love multi's :P

Don

Me too, you know how much we like to be FTF! :huh:

Sal & Z

OK, Stand by and I'll give you all a chance at FTF. But remember... you asked for it. [How many walnuts does it take to make humble pie?] :D

FYI, My newest cache is not being approved until I submit each step of the multi for the Geocaching database. I'm not sure this is going to happen. In fact, I'm going to sleep on it before I decide if I'm go out and remove the entire adventure. Not because it wouldn't pass but for several other reasons.

For one reason, Geocaching is going to protect each stage of the multi as if it's a cache. In other words, no one would be able to place another cache within 528 feet radius of each. I guess that includes locations that are information stops and don't even have anything associated with Geocaching. Does that make sense?

What do you all think? Is it fair to have a multi lock up an area so other caches can't infringe?

[i ask hear to my CVC friends but think I'll do some research on threads regarding this rub as well.] :huh:

I'm not sure I understand the logic behind it. Personally, I don't see why the powers that be would have issues about having cache placements close to the mid-section of a multi cache...

In fact, what is the difference between this and making a multi with each stage only being 50 yards or so between stages? (I have done plenty of caches like these). There are a few caches locally that have you crossing back-and-forth between stages, with some being very close to one another. I didn't find anything wrong with these.

Oh well...I'm with Laura...If you need me to "check it out" for you Bill, just let me know! :P

I sure you hope you decide to keep it...Unless it's another puzzle cache which I can never seem to solve. :D:huh:

I've been kindly corrected.

We only hold the first and final stage to 528 feet. All other stages are judged on their own merit. Typically 100 feet or so for physicals. I don't typically care about virtual stages.

I don't like the rule but I will say we're lucky to have two good/caring approvers.

Approval's pending.

Me to! You know how much I love multi's :D

Don

Me too, you know how much we like to be FTF! :huh:

Sal & Z

Ready? Set? Whoa! I present to you, FTF opertunities on National Treasure - Ripon. Did I say, you asked for it. :P

YOU DON'T HAVE TO SHOUT! :( I have the day off today, so I'll be coming up solo for this non-event. Unfortunately, I have to be to work early tommorrow morning so I won't be able to make it to Team Alamo's Pizza ding-ding :D

Anybody have a clue how much time I should allow for driving up from Monterey on a Friday afternoon (101 to 680)? I was thinking two hours, but my wife suggested three :(

Ready? Set? Whoa! I present to you, FTF opertunities on National Treasure - Ripon. Did I say, you asked for it.  :(

I like to think that I am a little smarter than the average bear, but I don't know where to start with this thing! :(

My sentiments exactly, Ted. I'm totally confused and frustrated! I guess we will just have to meet tomorrow at 10:00am and have a mini Event Cache.

-Laura

Anybody have a clue how much time I should allow for driving up from Monterey on a Friday afternoon (101 to 680)? I was thinking two hours, but my wife suggested three :(

I would say three hours. Why not leave really early, like by 2pm, beat the traffic, and do some other caches in/around Alamo and Danville.

Ready? Set? Whoa! I present to you, FTF opertunities on National Treasure - Ripon. Did I say, you asked for it.  :D

I like to think that I am a little smarter than the average bear, but I don't know where to start with this thing! :D

My sentiments exactly, Ted. I'm totally confused and frustrated! I guess we will just have to meet tomorrow at 10:00am and have a mini Event Cache.

-Laura

:(:D Been to this place a few times over the years! We think it used to be open one day during the week but only Sat. now :D But we know what Bill is thinking :D Too bad we are leaving tonight to get out of this CVC area for a few days... this weather has us :(

Ready? Set? Whoa! I present to you, FTF opertunities on National Treasure - Ripon. Did I say, you asked for it.  :laughing:

I like to think that I am a little smarter than the average bear, but I don't know where to start with this thing! :anibad:

-Laura

Meet??? Where??? At the listed coords? Or are they irrelevent? I'm so confused! B)B)B)

YOU DON'T HAVE TO SHOUT! :laughing: I have the day off today, so I'll be coming up solo for this non-event. Unfortunately, I have to be to work early tommorrow morning so I won't be able to make it to Team Alamo's Pizza ding-ding :anibad:

Anybody have a clue how much time I should allow for driving up from Monterey on a Friday afternoon (101 to 680)? I was thinking two hours, but my wife suggested three B)

Not yelling, I'm preventing the yelling! B) Just making sure no one gets confused on where to meet. B)

Ready? Set? Whoa! I present to you, FTF opertunities on National Treasure - Ripon. Did I say, you asked for it.  :laughing:

I like to think that I am a little smarter than the average bear, but I don't know where to start with this thing! :anibad:

-Laura

Meet??? Where??? At the listed coords? Or are they irrelevent? I'm so confused! B)B)B)

Better stick with the ladies, Ted. Looks like Laura's got a plan (or at least a clue about a plan). Now I'm getting confused. :D

But first... Eat! Drink! Be merry!

See everyone at Wait Until Dark! [Wait a minute. If you're reading this thread, you don't have time to drive from CVC.]

Or, you could follow the dude with the snappy looking bug suit. [Hi Pat!]

Just be there at 10 Bill, and we'll discuss the suit. :anibad:

OK let me figure this out... so we meet at the coordinates listed on the page at 10 Laura.. Pat.... ??? Anyone who knows?!?! :laughing:

Also Bill... will I be alright with my 3 year old and a stroller?

Yes, my plan was to start at the listed coords at 10am, but now I have this added complication; my office was broken into last night and I should go to work to tidy up and see if anything is missing.....Work?.....Geocache?.....Work?....Geocache? This is a tough one.

Maybe I'll just go to work now, and still make it there by 10am.

But what did Bill mean when he said "But first, eat, drink and be merry"? Another clue, I'm guessing.

-Laura

Yes, my plan was to start at the listed coords at 10am, but now I have this added complication; my office was broken into last night and I should go to work to tidy up and see if anything is missing.....Work?.....Geocache?.....Work?....Geocache? This is a tough one.

But what did Bill mean when he said "But first, eat, drink and be merry"? Another clue, I'm guessing.

-Laura

Well I'll be there at 10. I've solved my children problem.... (not that I don't like having them along.... jsut that the 3 year old doesn't have much patience for caching!!! :ph34r:

See you all at 10!

-Laura

Could be a clue.... or was he jsut referring to last night and the event? hmmmm.... it's tough to say with him! He never says what he mens when it comes to a cache. I have had several phone conversations with him and always feel like I should have recorded it because he always says something that seems like a clue!!! HAHAHAHA jsut a questions of whether we take it as a hint or just general conversation.

-Laura

Could be a clue.... or was he jsut referring to last night and the event? hmmmm.... it's tough to say with him! He never says what he mens when it comes to a cache. I have had several phone conversations with him and always feel like I should have recorded it because he always says something that seems like a clue!!! HAHAHAHA jsut a questions of whether we take it as a hint or just general conversation.

Burp. Was that a great party of what! Camel and Mrs. Camel joined the GA Klan and had a wonderful time. That was the Eat, Drink and Be Merry which is part of a Bible quote [nothing to do with any clue]. Seemed fitting for the night before the first opportunity at the National Treasure - Ripon.

You're sick Laura. Everyone knows Geocaching. Take on your responsibilities.

[Really sorry to hear about that. I hope everything is in order.] :ph34r:

You're sick Laura. Everyone knows Geocaching. Take on your responsibilities.

[Really sorry to hear about that. I hope everything is in order.] :ph34r:

OK!!!! We came, We saw.. We conquered... Though I think we need to break out some Tar and Feathers for 2 reasons!!!!!

1. The deviousness of Mr. Achers!

2. TeamTek and CacheCows for holding out on us out there on the trail this morning!!!

I do highly recomend National Treasure However!!!! Great cache! Easily my favorite cache to date!

We had a great time this morning searching for "National Treasure - Ripon". What a devious cache it is. I will put some effort into a similar cache in Stockton. Any preferences: Harry Potter? National Treasure? Physics? Aviation? Architecture? Art?, French? Italian? No, that's too easy, I'll make it something really obscure like the adventures of Osa Johnson. Now who could SHE be?

What happened to Laura? I was just kidding. :)

----

Looks like JeepySR found the perfect location for ol' CVC Tag!!! No one's been able to find it before getting escourted off the private property. This may call for a stealth, clever, ruthless, devious cacher. But since Brute Force has already been there, it may just require a fairer cacher that meets all the above requirements. :huh:

Looks like JeepySR found the perfect location for ol' CVC Tag!!! No one's been able to find it before getting escourted off the private property. This may call for a stealth, clever, ruthless, devious cacher. But since Brute Force has already been there, it may just require a fairer cacher that meets all the above requirements. :wub:

Hmmm, I don't know how come it's been so hard to locate the CVC Tag. It's there right in the open! :wub: As for the private property & people coming out asking questions, You should've seen Z & I while we were down in Motown Searching for Tag in front of a Dental Complex when someone came out asked if they could help us. Z & I said Yes! That would be great! :o

I better go check on this one, it HAS been out there a few storms ago & could have "Settled" abit. Stay tuned,....

ATTENTION Stockton cachers!!!! I plan on hiding a cache every week so we can boost the amount of traffic through Stockton. So I hope that you will join us and hide caches! Thats all I ask :blink:A CACHE A WEEK!!! <_<

With the new cache in Ripon and the 11 new ones in Modesto, it may be worth a trip to the Southern end of the Valley!! :rolleyes: