Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

Hi! I'm new to Geocaching. I just discovered it a few days ago, and have done 8 or so now. Not including the 2 I couldn't find. Ugh! I'm near Fresno. Anyone else here in the area?

Welcome to the fund and this thread UltrazGSD. I'm in Ripon and most of CVC is in or near Modesto, Manteca, Stockton or people that frequent the general area's including Tracy and the mountains. You become a member by default of either living the area or coming around too often. :D I hope you'll become a member. :D

.......You become a member by default of either living the area or coming around too often.  :D  I hope you'll become a member. :D

Hi Bill. I may be returning to Tracy again this summer. I cached out the Point Reyes area last summer and it looks like there are a lot of caches I haven't found in the CVC area. The only thing that would stop my return now is finding a workamper job in a cache richer area. Its' all a matter of priorities you know.....

Edited by wornout

" Hope everythings well down in the tropics... it's been rainy here but we've got a break today." GA

Speaking of the tropics. We just returned from two weeks in Puerto Rico. Had a great time, lots of warm sunshine and we were able to find three caches. It's always good to be home though.

Feliz Ano Nuevo!

Snip..  Ugh!  I'm near Fresno.  Anyone else here in the area?

Snip, Snip.. You become a member by default of either living the area or coming around too often. :lol: I hope you'll become a member. :rolleyes:

Bill,

How often is too often???

Do I qualify??

Happy New Year all you CVC'rs!!!

You always know when Alan's around because the fish all swim away. ;) Yes GeoSharks, you are CVC family. It's not like your heading off to Puerto Rico without us. :unsure:

.....and I just learned that OF hasn't found my Magnetic Tour of Stockton....

Ryan, we looked for that cache last summer and couldn't find the final location. Don't you remember my DNF: "so now I still have no idea where the cache is, but I have the cleanest pantry in town." ? Well, I've decided to keep my pantry clean instead of trying for that cache again.

Take your time Laura. Ryan's not going to complete the Ripon Multi and TB Hotel too quickly either. :)

Welcome to the fund and this thread UltrazGSD. I'm in Ripon and most of CVC is in or near Modesto, Manteca, Stockton or people that frequent the general area's including Tracy and the mountains. You become a member by default of either living the area or coming around too often. :D I hope you'll become a member. :D

How about being born in Modesto? Can I be an honorary member? (or do we already come around too often?) Debby

That would be Wait Until Dark and it's to the North...  Alamo, Ca. Well worth the drive IMHO. Only, it doesn't have Brutes bullet TB!

I'm really sorry to hear about the theft of Touch the Twilight Cache and Brute Forces TB.  :D

Oooh! This looks mighty tempting! Jan. 22, 04 looks like a full Moon too! :D Might have to mark the Calender for this day. Thanks for the info Bill :D Let's see how much interest this generates,.....

OK, so Geodanimal calls and wants to go on a night hunt, so we head out for Wait Until Dark. Didn't have to dodge too many raindrops. Trail was very slippery in spots (like oops! splat!). I saw many markers that I followed, until they blinked or moved! It was great fun. Recommended! (In fact, if ya'll go, I'd tag along just to do the hike again :D )

I'm just waiting for JeepySr's reply on January 21st cause we can't make it on the 22nd.

Yup! Looks as if Friday the 21st of Jan. is good to go for us. :D Anyone else care to venture into the darkness? :D I have room for approx. 5 people. So if anyone is interested & needs a ride in the Stockton area just give us a holler. :D

Looking forward to your visit: CVC Comes to Alamo (GCME3G)

That would be Wait Until Dark and it's to the North...  Alamo, Ca. Well worth the drive IMHO. Only, it doesn't have Brutes bullet TB!

I'm really sorry to hear about the theft of Touch the Twilight Cache and Brute Forces TB.  :D

Oooh! This looks mighty tempting! Jan. 22, 04 looks like a full Moon too! :D Might have to mark the Calender for this day. Thanks for the info Bill :D Let's see how much interest this generates,.....

OK, so Geodanimal calls and wants to go on a night hunt, so we head out for Wait Until Dark. Didn't have to dodge too many raindrops. Trail was very slippery in spots (like oops! splat!). I saw many markers that I followed, until they blinked or moved! It was great fun. Recommended! (In fact, if ya'll go, I'd tag along just to do the hike again :D )

I'm just waiting for JeepySr's reply on January 21st cause we can't make it on the 22nd.

Yup! Looks as if Friday the 21st of Jan. is good to go for us. :D Anyone else care to venture into the darkness? :D I have room for approx. 5 people. So if anyone is interested & needs a ride in the Stockton area just give us a holler. :D

Looking forward to your visit: CVC Comes to Alamo (GCME3G)

This looks like fun. I work in Stockton. Any seats left for a ride?

oh boy this event sounds like a lot of fun. I have to work that day and the wife will be working in Tuleburg. We have already done this hike but will try and clear our schedules to make it.

Camel asked if the trail is stroller friendly, I guess that would depend on your stroller. If it is one of those 3 wheeled off road stroller you might be ok other than that I would say no.

I'll keep my fingers crossed and see if we can make it.

Peace!

oh boy this event sounds like a lot of fun. I have to work that day and the wife will be working in Tuleburg. We have already done this hike but will try and clear our schedules to make it.

Camel asked if the trail is stroller friendly, I guess that would depend on your stroller. If it is one of those 3 wheeled off road stroller you might be ok other than that I would say no.

I'll keep my fingers crossed and see if we can make it.

Peace!

Thanks WLG. I will definitely be there atleast myself. Trying to talk Muh WIfey into going. She works in Tracy I would jsut head up from there. Maybe. I might need to get the kids to Antioch for a sitter with my mom though. Not sure. Or maybe I'll get my mom to meet me in Alamo and she can jsut go to the Pizza with us. hmmmmmm that might work better. (less driving for me!!!!! :(

If the trail is still wet, it will be muddy and slick. You will be sliding a little just to get yourself up so I don't know how one would get a stroller up (or down). And of course, some of the hunt is off-trail.

When me and JeepySr first planned it we were thinking around 7 or 8, but that was pre-event. Would someone with experience tell me how long it takes to do this cache?

I think it took us about an hour from leaving the car to back to the car. Speed may depend on sure-footedness on a sloppy trail.

Strollers OK? Not a chance! It could make a good treat for the cougars though. ;)

Muddy? Extra cloths (shoes).

Time? An Hour hunt. We'll be there at 7 PM.

NVM? You can't deleat your post but you can erase your words.

Looks like it's going to be a good turn out. Too bad I can't just get a hotel for the night as the BADGES Dinner is the next night. I sent out emails to all the people I have an e-ddress for. Most of those messages bounced so I think that effort backfired. <_<

I sent out emails to all the people I have an e-ddress for. Most of those messages bounced so I think that effort backfired. :rolleyes:

I got your email Bill. Don't think I will be attending, but thanks for for the offer. I am getting back into doing some caches though. ;)

Edited by Fattuhr
I got your email Bill. Don't think I will be attending, but thanks for for the offer. I am getting back into doing some caches though. :rolleyes:

Good thing Pat. I was starting to wonder if we were going to need Jaimee to check for a pulse. :rolleyes:

Dang, this rain and cold weather has been putting the breaks on my latest adventure stash. :blink: Lucky for everyone, it should be complete this weekend and approved there after. :lol:

.....and I just learned that OF hasn't found my Magnetic Tour of Stockton....

Ryan, we looked for that cache last summer and couldn't find the final location. Don't you remember my DNF: "so now I still have no idea where the cache is, but I have the cleanest pantry in town." ? Well, I've decided to keep my pantry clean instead of trying for that cache again.

Take your time Laura. Ryan's not going to complete the Ripon Multi and TB Hotel too quickly either. :rolleyes:

Humm... I'll bet she's waiting for you to catch up to her. No TeamTek find log here.

What's this about me not finding it? :lol::rolleyes::blink:

WHat happened to you Bill? I haven't heard from you yet since we found the TB hotel. :huh:;):huh:<_<:P:huh:

I'm pouting. Every time I throw you a challenge, you quickly complete it. Every time you throw me one, it never gets done. :huh: I'm still working on getting all the Stockton caches.

I've also been rather busy and haven't been able to meet any of my Geo-Deadlines. Once I do get time to complete my next work... you'll suffer and pay. ;)

[Congrats on completing yet another great cache - Ripon Multi And Travel Bug Hotel that is.]

I would help but only one problem...I don't know what cache that it. If I get a little refresher maybe I can remember again, afterall once you have found 600+ caches you tend to forget what each of the caches are about. <_<

UPDATE: I remember what that cache is now! What kind of a hint are you looking for?

Edited by TeamTek