Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

OMG!!!!! I CANT BELIEVE I SCREWED UP ON MY NEW CACHE!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I'M GOING TO GO NUTS!!!! SORRY FOR ANYONE THAT WENT LOOKING FOR IT, I OWE YA'LL A MUCH NEED APOLIGEE!!!!

[Rant]

Ryan, tell me you didn't archive your new cache just because you needed to correct the coordinates - and then you submitted another cache. :blink: Those waypoint alpha-numbers are running out (they ran out before and it created problems).

Moving a cache's coordinates too far flags it for reapproval but it's quick and easy for Hemlock to do that rather than approval of a new cache.

[/Rant]

Maybe I'm venting because I need to do Physics 101 and I flopped so hard on my first calculations. That really hurt but I'm going to redeem myself. :D

OMG!!!!! I CANT BELIEVE I SCREWED UP ON MY NEW CACHE!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I'M GOING TO GO NUTS!!!! SORRY FOR ANYONE THAT WENT LOOKING FOR IT, I OWE YA'LL A MUCH NEED APOLIGEE!!!!

[Rant]

Ryan, tell me you didn't archive your new cache just because you needed to correct the coordinates - and then you submitted another cache. :blink: Those waypoint alpha-numbers are running out (they ran out before and it created problems).

Moving a cache's coordinates too far flags it for reapproval but it's quick and easy for Hemlock to do that rather than approval of a new cache.

[/Rant]

Maybe I'm venting because I need to do Physics 101 and I flopped so hard on my first calculations. That really hurt but I'm going to redeem myself. :D

Yeah I guess I just got over excited, long night I was a little pissed off. But I guess it's fixed now, in a way. Next time I know what to do!

Edited by TeamTek
Yeah I guess I just got over excited, long night I was a little pissed off. But I guess it's fixed now, in a way. Next time I know what to do!

Apology accepted! I guess, :D So you're telling me I have to go back out there, trudge through all that mudd & gook again! I almost threw out my hiking boots last night because they were so caked with mudd! :D Not only mudd but clay! :lol: I'll have to hose them down, soak'em, & maybe even boil them to get all that stuff off them. :blink: I think I brought back half that poor famer's topsoil with me! Alot of it is still deposited in my car. :lol: Terrain should definately be increased due to the mudd factor! :lol: All in all, it was quite an adventure! We were laughing because we spotted someone else across the pond looking for the same thing we were but turns out the joke was on us! :lol: Hmmm,.......wonder who that was??? :D

Sal & Z ( Go St. Mary's!!!!! Beat Nevada Onion!!!)

Good thing I never get over excited. [Ya, right] And for a minute there, I thought Jeepysr was going to ask you to clean his boots and his car. LOL

Hey, I figured out where I was going wrong on Physics 101. I failed to read the distructions. Not that I was over excited... I was just saving time. [Ya, Right again] After those cachers stopped their vehicle, they had to GO BACK - doubling my answer! You might say I had a bad Latitude. I'm off hunting...

Sounds like another tar and feathering is in order! My son and I went out today about noon to try to find this (I didn't look in the forum beforehand) We decided we were on the wrong side of the water and couldn't find a way to get to the other side since it was a little too cold to swim and we didn't want to walk across the farmer's field (private property). You hold him down Jeepy and I'll flog him! :blink:

Is that you talking Fizzy or Vinona? Dead Drop 238 :blink:

LOL. Me. It is a pain to have a cache around that you placed with somebody else under their name. I have about 4 out there now. I filter them out automatically from my PQs using my own software, but they do take up spots in the PQs and and they do keep on showing up on my "nearest caches" page. I wish the site would have an easy way to deal with them so they could just be ignored.

But no, I will never log a find on Dead Drop 238. :D

Sounds like another tar and feathering is in order! My son and I went out today about noon to try to find this (I didn't look in the forum beforehand) We decided we were on the wrong side of the water and couldn't find a way to get to the other side since it was a little too cold to swim and we didn't want to walk across the farmer's field (private property). You hold him down Jeepy and I'll flog him! :blink:

O geezzzz......... I'm sorry u guys went out there :anicute: . Now I'm waiting for a cache that messes with my head like a 20 step multi, all of which are magnetic strips, and lead you all in the wrong direction.... Sorry again!

Edited by TeamTek

Speaking of Multi's, I was out verifing my bad coords again on Physics 101 ['101' stands for the number of trips the old farming's going to have to take before he get's edjumacated real good], and noticed that one of Ryan's 4th of July Multi's is locked up until 12/26/04.

Fizzy, That totally sounds like UNKnown by Fallen and friends. Notice that date is was stashed, too. Who do you think the 'friends' were? Likely someone that didn't log a find but still helped out. Hummm. :anicute::blink::lol:

I better get back to see which of the two physics problems I blew. I'm guessing I now need a longitude adjustment as before I had a bad latitude. Gee this is more fun than walking into a muddy swamp. LOL

Speaking of Multi's, I was out verifing my bad coords again on Physics 101 ['101' stands for the number of trips the old farming's going to have to take before he get's edjumacated real good], and noticed that one of Ryan's 4th of July Multi's is locked up until 12/26/04.

Hey bill, just act like you're buying a Christmas tree. they'll never know! :D

However, stage 4 of 4th of July should only be attemped during the daylight hours. No kidding! :blink: People have gone missing in that park. A few days ago A woman was murdered and found about 500ft or so from the cache! :o Its a shame because it really is a nice park. However I have to almost use 2 (yes 2) hands to count how many people have been killed in or near this park. :lol:

Hey Ted, I'm glad I'm not the only one who went out & got stuck in the muck! :lol: We saw another team acrossed the pond searching for something & we we're laughing because we had the "cache" in our hands. Well, what we thought was the cache that is. :anicute: I agree, we should set up sump'em really good for this youngin'. Tar & feathers are just too kind!

On a Happy note, St, Mary's beat the highly touted Nevada Union Football team

50-45!!! :D It was a great game! Division I Champs!!! :D Way to go Rams! :D

Just did the Amazing Race, by Outrageous Fortunes. Great cache! Took us three tries to get the last step but we got it finally! Thanks OF for the great cache! This cache kinda reminded me of Magnetic Tour of Stockton now that I think of it.

Edited by TeamTek
Looks as though Ted and Rosa, and Sal and Z found the cache today with no problem. At least I didn't screw up a second time  :unsure:

Yeah, just had to give this one another go. :huh: Z & I had fun out there again today. No mud at all this time. :D We tossed the football around while we were out there. We must've just missed Ted & Rosa. Ted was that your Station Wagon parked near the fence? :huh: Anyway, after finding this we were off to do Devil's Pulpit It was a blast & the weather was just amazing.

Congrats to Team Alamo for FTF on Devil's Pulpit, however we were FTL(First to Log) :D Actually, we were 3rd to find. There were 2 signatures in the log when we got there. One on 12/5 Team Alamo & 2 For today 12/12. Z & I had a great time on Mt. Diablo today. A Nice cache & Hike. :unsure: Just what we needed. :D

Not my station wagon, unless you were dissing my ford exploder.  :huh:

Na, just joking! :unsure: I noticed that car there & thought someone had dumped it. Seems as if dumping things there is the norm despite the posted no dumping signs.

Also, I forgot to mention, if anyone is planning to do Devil's Pulpit, there is a really easy Survey Marker to find to make this a 2fer. There are a lot of Survey Markers around this place but this one is really a "walk-up" one. :unsure:

I did it! Physics 101 is a friendly cache to hunt, once you do the math. :huh: I dropped a travel bug to encourage more people to hunt it. I can't believe I was only the forth to find. Lil Devil beat me but hasn't submitted his log yet.

Who's next?? :unsure:

I think its Sal and Z's turn to find it. :huh: . I think I have found all of the caches in Stockton again....or so I think. :unsure:

I did it! Physics 101 is a friendly cache to hunt, once you do the math. :huh: I dropped a travel bug to encourage more people to hunt it. I can't believe I was only the forth to find. Lil Devil beat me but hasn't submitted his log yet.

Who's next?? :unsure:

I think its Sal and Z's turn to find it. :huh: . I think I have found all of the caches in Stockton again....or so I think. :D

Well, the last time I did physics my grandmother administered it to me! :D Z & I actually tried to do this one on paper way back on the day it was listed. We concluded that we were way off on one of the coords & haven't since tryed it again. :D Guess we can no longer dodge this one now that We've been outed! :D If anyone smells lint burning don't panic, just me warming up the mental faculties :D One the other hand, I may have to wait till Z is in Freshman Physics @ St. Mary's. :D That gives us atleast another year to figure this one out! :unsure:

Yeah, so there we were Friday afternoon looking for Ryan's newest cache, expecting a two star terrain, yet walking and walking and walking! And we did see someone on the other side of the water, but couldn't tell what they were doing. I kept thinking, "How could a two star require a mile hike all the way around there?" So we just gave up because it was getting dark. Now I want to strangle Ryan or at least tar and feather him! I think I feel a revenge cache coming on..........let's see; bad coords, lots of mud, creepy place, lots of trash........yep, it's coming!

Edited by Outrageous Fortunes
Yeah, so there we were Friday afternoon looking for Ryan's newest cache, expecting a two star terrain, yet walking and walking and walking! And we did see someone on the other side of the water, but couldn't tell what they were doing. I kept thinking, "How could a two star require a mile hike all the way around there?" So we just gave up because it was getting dark. Now I want to strangle Ryan or at least tar and feather him! I think I feel a revenge cache coming on..........let's see; bad coords, lots of mud, creepy place, lots of trash........yep, it's coming!

[sTIRRING THE POT] I think you are all overlooking the obvious. You were already there. why not place a cache there just for Ryan?!?!?! :grin::huh::grin: Let him walk throught eh same mud you did :grin: [/sTIRRING THE POT]

Edited by Camel680

Hi Laura,

So that must've have been your team across the pond on Friday! I could clearly see 3 people walking at a pretty good clip from our position as I was peering through the binoculars. I could tell they were cachers by the way they were searching around. :grin: It was too dark to make out who it was & I also was looking directly into the setting sun. I was standing there with cache in hand & mud to my knees & wondering why would anyone be over there? I checked the GPSr again but there was no other cache marked nearby. As I opened the cache & saw what was inside, I said to my wife "somethings wrong". She replied, Are you going to buy me new shoes?( She wore clogs out there & has since CITOed them) :grin: As we walked back through the mud again to the car, I just had to see what was going on over on that side of the pond. Got back to the SUV, got the maglight & headed back out. Followed the trampled grass to the cache area but couldn't locate a thing. Z & I located the cache next morning & figured we were about 4ft from the cache when looking the night before! ;) All in All this cache has turned out to be quite the circus act. :huh: I think all involved should get together & plan a very special cache for Mr. Ryan indeed. :grin:

I did it! Physics 101 is a friendly cache to hunt, once you do the math. :D I dropped a travel bug to encourage more people to hunt it. I can't believe I was only the forth to find. Lil Devil beat me but hasn't submitted his log yet.

Who's next?? :grin:

I think its Sal and Z's turn to find it. :D . I think I have found all of the caches in Stockton again....or so I think. ;)

Well, the last time I did physics my grandmother administered it to me! :grin: Z & I actually tried to do this one on paper way back on the day it was listed. We concluded that we were way off on one of the coords & haven't since tryed it again. ;) Guess we can no longer dodge this one now that We've been outed! :D If anyone smells lint burning don't panic, just me warming up the mental faculties :D One the other hand, I may have to wait till Z is in Freshman Physics @ St. Mary's. :tired: That gives us atleast another year to figure this one out! :huh:

BTW you don't learn this stuff untill your senior or junior year, that's if your real smart, which I don't even know that if I'm going to do it. I used my dad's old college books to put together the Physics cache. And now I'm debating if I should run and move to Idaho with amytincan, or stay here, things are starting to get rough :grin::grin::sad:

Edited by TeamTek
I think I feel a revenge cache coming on..........let's see; bad coords, lots of mud, creepy place, lots of trash........yep, it's coming!

Yes, it is on it's way. And, I have it. But it will be findable by anyone with a GPSr and a keen eye. No math, no puzzles, no problem solving of any kind. I think I'll start off the FTF prize at 10 bucks and add from there. Just have to find the right spot for it now. Then I'm going to sit off in the distance with the binocs and watch and laugh at the hunt going on. Maybe this will be good payback at Fizzy for that nasty "Oak can you see" cache. That piece of work was almost as effective at getting a group together as an event cache. And, I can still remember Bill swinging from the tree limbs. :grin:

BTW you don't learn this stuff untill your senior or junior year, that's if your real smart, which I don't even know that if I'm going to do it. I used my dad's old college books to put together the Physics cache. And now I'm debating if I should run and move to Idaho with amytincan, or stay here, things are starting to get rough :grin:  :huh:  ;)

Oh that 's even better Ryan! ;) Z & I Have lots of time to figure this one out! :D We should have it done in atleast 3-4 years. :grin: Thanks for all the extra time, the pressure was starting to mount! :grin:

I think I feel a revenge cache coming on..........let's see; bad coords, lots of mud, creepy place, lots of trash........yep, it's coming!

Yes, it is on it's way. And, I have it. But it will be findable by anyone with a GPSr and a keen eye. No math, no puzzles, no problem solving of any kind. I think I'll start off the FTF prize at 10 bucks and add from there. Just have to find the right spot for it now. Then I'm going to sit off in the distance with the binocs and watch and laugh at the hunt going on. Maybe this will be good payback at Fizzy for that nasty "Oak can you see" cache. That piece of work was almost as effective at getting a group together as an event cache. And, I can still remember Bill swinging from the tree limbs. :grin:

Hey Brute Force,

we are up for this challenge. :grin: We all have had plenty of practice around here lately! :grin: Plus the added bonus of no math, no puzzles & no problem solving of any kind! You can count me in brother! :huh:

I dropped a travel bug to encourage more people to hunt it.

Oh, you mean like MY t-bug placed in that one night time cache that no one ever goes to? It sits. It waits. It want's to be found at least once!! :grin: hehehe

Are you telling me no one's found Touch the Twilight (Night Cache) after me? Maybe JeepySr is afraid of the dark. :grin: Certainly Ryan and CacheCow aren't brave enough. [Did you hear that?]

Edited by Green Achers
I dropped a travel bug to encourage more people to hunt it.

Oh, you mean like MY t-bug placed in that one night time cache that no one ever goes to? It sits. It waits. It want's to be found at least once!! :D hehehe

Are you telling me no one's found Touch the Twilight (Night Cache) after me? Maybe JeepySr is afraid of the dark. :blink: Certainly Ryan and CacheCow aren't brave enough. [Did you hear that?]

You certainly laid that one on really thick Bill!!!! :D

Are you telling me no one's found Touch the Twilight (Night Cache) after me? Maybe JeepySr is afraid of the dark. :D Certainly Ryan and CacheCow aren't brave enough. [Did you hear that?]

Z & I actually were planning on attending this one back in Oct. Z was coming off of recent foot surgery & Wifey thought better of it. (can't argue there). :blink: We have that one marked on our watchlist & can't wait to give it a go. :D

Are you telling me no one's found Touch the Twilight (Night Cache) after me? Maybe JeepySr is afraid of the dark. :blink: Certainly Ryan and CacheCow aren't brave enough. [Did you hear that?]

Z & I actually were planning on attending this one back in Oct. Z was coming off of recent foot surgery & Wifey thought better of it. (can't argue there). :D We have that one marked on our watchlist & can't wait to give it a go. :D

Maybe on a saturday night, and if anyone else wants to go, we'll go and find the cache.

''We looking to the perfect Christmas Tree. The GPSr is just to mark it's location so we can tell all the family where we found it.'' - Geek Christmas Tree Hunters - :rolleyes:  :lol:

I'm looking for the perfect GPSr. The Christmas tree is just to mark it's location so I can tell all the family where I found it! ;):lol::lol:

Edited by GeoSharks