Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

I'm really curious which cache you got in trouble at fizzy.

Oh, it was not an illegal place... It was at the second stage of Magnetic Tour of Stockton. The place is closed for the winter, and the parking lots gate is closed, so I walked in. But it took me a while to find the little thing, so I think I caught the eye of a rent-a-cop.

Of course, I wrote the numbers down wrong, which meant that finding the third stage was quite a challenge. Because there was no way I was going back to the second stage again!

I was merely exaggerating. As usual.

:lol:

I'm really curious which cache you got in trouble at fizzy.

Oh, it was not an illegal place... It was at the second stage of Magnetic Tour of Stockton. The place is closed for the winter, and the parking lots gate is closed, so I walked in. But it took me a while to find the little thing, so I think I caught the eye of a rent-a-cop.

Of course, I wrote the numbers down wrong, which meant that finding the third stage was quite a challenge. Because there was no way I was going back to the second stage again!

I was merely exaggerating. As usual.

:lol:

HAHA.... too funny! glad you got it anyhow!

okay they're listed now. suprise!

Ione! That's not even close to Ripon! So now I'll have more room to place my caches. Thanks, Amy.

Ref: Picnic Place and Mini Tupperware.

Ione!! That's a fun town.... I spent 4 years there back in the mid 70's.

Lived next door to the big red building on the hill.

I look forward to going back for a visit.

Alan, so did you live there on your own free will? LOL LOL LOL LOL! Did you work for CYA or CDF?

Great. I now know everything about Ione:

It has two jobs;

Just because you live there doesn't mean you can't be paroled;

There's one Red House;

And one hill;

The Shark did four years hard labor;

AmyTinCan does visitations there [to see O.F. perhaps?];

The best thing that's happened to the area is the new draw to two Geocaches.

Woo Wee! Sell my shoes. I'm heading to Ione. :lol:;):lol::(:P:(:)

It has two jobs;

There's one Red House;

And one hill;

Woo Wee! Sell my shoes. I'm heading to Ione. :P:);):P:lol:B)B)

:lol::(:) In a nut shell of course :(

It has two jobs;

There's one Red House;

And one hill;

Woo Wee! Sell my shoes. I'm heading to Ione. :):):laughing::(:huh::):)

Hard Labor.....ha!

Good job, Ryan. I sure wish I could ''get it''. I'm still clueless and haven't had the time to boot.

On Monday, I did take a run up the mountain to maintain a couple of my missing caches. Turns out they were both gone due to nature so I archived one and moved the location of the other. It was a really fun adventure going back up there and the sights were very relaxing. Since it's only at 3,600 feet, you can hunt it almost year round. PG&E keep the route open as much as possible and I must say, they do a darn nice job. [Cal-Trans be warned.]

I was going to hunt a few Stockton caches on the way home but got called back instead. Gee, that happens often these days. :laughing:

Good job, Ryan. I sure wish I could ''get it''. I'm still clueless and haven't had the time to boot.

Gee, Bill, that cache took me a grand total of 30 seconds to solve, without any paper, after I first read it in my Palm. I am afraid your "no time" excuse is entirely without merit.

In other words: that there dawg jist dont hunt.

:laughing:

<fizzymagic is not a nice person. Not only that, he is looking forward to seeing Bill on Friday night!>

Oh my gosh! I can't believe how stupid we are!!! We fininally got the just of Trom's First!!! LOL! I can't believ how stupid we are!!! :laughing: Probally going for it tonight cause we're so curious to find it!

Let us in on the "just"!! Those of us who have hunted it and didn't find it need the hint.

Ever have those caches that are just invisible to you but obvious to everybody else. I think my nemisis is Victory park by the Haggin Museum. I went looking 4 times and came up bust each time. Now Trom's first, I searched and searched around that whole building and only came away smelling like urine. EEEWWWWWW!!! I only do those types of caches once then head back to the hills and do those nice leisurely walks through the hills looking for 5 gallon buckets and ammo cans. I hate urban micros.

Finally, went to ATC's Ione caches yesterday to be first to find. Got them and then found that I could have had a first to find closer to home. So now I am going out this morning to get a cache that is less than a half a mile from home and nobody has gotten it yet!!!! I hope Rexraptor or Reptilman haven't checked for caches in their area yet this morning.

Peace!

Oh my gosh! I can't believe how stupid we are!!! We fininally got the just of Trom's First!!! LOL! I can't believ how stupid we are!!! :laughing: Probally going for it tonight cause we're so curious to find it!

Let us in on the "just"!! Those of us who have hunted it and didn't find it need the hint.

Ever have those caches that are just invisible to you but obvious to everybody else. I think my nemisis is Victory park by the Haggin Museum. I went looking 4 times and came up bust each time. Now Trom's first, I searched and searched around that whole building and only came away smelling like urine. EEEWWWWWW!!! I only do those types of caches once then head back to the hills and do those nice leisurely walks through the hills looking for 5 gallon buckets and ammo cans. I hate urban micros.

Finally, went to ATC's Ione caches yesterday to be first to find. Got them and then found that I could have had a first to find closer to home. So now I am going out this morning to get a cache that is less than a half a mile from home and nobody has gotten it yet!!!! I hope Rexraptor or Reptilman haven't checked for caches in their area yet this morning.

Peace!

Wildlife guy, I prefer caches where I can relax. The urban micros just wig me out. I love cemeteries and parks and outdoorsy ones. When I can't relax, I can't find them.

I hope you enjoyed the area where my first hides are.

I did the same thing as you for Trom's first but I figured out how to do the puzzle with a little help from Laura. Let me just say I laughed and laughed and laughed so hard with how she fooled me. She probably laughed a bit too.

I think she took pity on me.

That did it. I had to go and find out if my suspicions were correct and I was right. We got Trom's first today. We also got Victory Park. I know I looked there at least three times before. I even noticed the nice little lilly in the hiding spot. I thought it was a cymbidium orchid but the wife said no it was some type of lilly. We also traded 3 TB's for 3 Tb's in the Travel bug Inn near 8 mile. For a day of clean up on those Stockton Caches I DNFed before I think we did Ok. Now all I have to do is log them.

Peace!

Greetings CVC. Several of you had asked me to keep them posted to the Nevada Ralley that I raced in this summer. It was a total blast and I highly enjoyed the adventure. The fact that we messed up on understanding one rule (dirrection) and it cost us over an hour of valuable race time - had no impact on the level of fun. For the record, we came in 8th place.

Here's the latest news for the next event.

Subject: GBES Navigational Rally 2005

Hi 2004 Rally Participants:

I trust everyone has found lots of caches, had a great summer and fall

and that you're all getting ready for the holidays.

There are several bits of great news I have for you.

First for Old Business:

Yesterday, Nevada Wolf (Teri), Devil in my Ear (Ivan) and I delivered

the check for the proceeds to Fallon Families First.  After our

expenses we were able to give them $283.  This total would have been

twice this amount if we didn't have to come up with another

porta-potty provider when another one canceled our contract with them

at the last minute forcing us to pay twice as much.  Yes, they all

love Geocaching.  Thank you to all of you for participating and making

this donation possible!

New Business:

The 2005 Navigational Rally is already being put together.  And it's

going to be a real whopper!

We are going to have TWO RALLIES over one weekend.  One of them will

take place at night.  Yes, that means in the dark.  The other rally

will take place the following day under the wonderful Nevada sun and

in a very picturesque area that will make the 2004 rally pale in

comparison.

But, we aren't just adding another rally.

The 2005 rally will have more caches, more types of caches including

one that will give everyone in the vehicle an opportunity to hunt,

more challenges ( the new ones are going to be called "Course

Challenges" that will put the team's driver to a real test of his

skills while the navigator calls out the lightning fast course

changes.  Yes, we will also have "Checkpoint Challenges" similar to

last year's), Rally School and two meals (breakfast social before the

day rally and awards ceremony/banquet after).

We have spent much time refining the rules to make them easier to

understand.  But, to make sure everyone "gets it," we are going to

have a Rally School that will demonstrate, in practical use, each rule

and function the members of the teams will need to perform.  Actually,

there will be two classes; drivers and navigators.  However, if there

was a rule that had you scratching your head while you read them, then

figured it out when you got on the course, please, let me know about

it and we will try to make it easier to understand.  If you think you

have a better way of writing a particular rule, please, do so.  Trust

me, it won't be an insult.

We are making every attempt to have our web page up in the coming

weeks and hope to be able to start accepting entries around the first

of the year.

We are also going to publish a program.  You will have the opportunity

to send us pictures of your team, vehicle and a brief write-up about

you.  Every team will be listed in the program.

Speaking of the program, if you would like to submit a story for the

program we would be happy to consider any and all submission for the

publication.  Put your thinking caps on now.  The stories can be about

the rally, your trip to and from the event, or just about anything you

think would relate to the event.  The program will also have a picture

page of last year's rally and some of the preparations for this

year's.  so, if you have a cool shot you'd like to pass along, please

do.

In summary, next year's rally is going to be BIGGER, BETTER, EASIER TO

UNDERSTAND, MORE PICTURESQUE (well, at least the day event), MORE OF

WHAT YOU ASKED FOR AND REFINED FROM THE FIRST EVENT.

"LAST YEAR WAS JUST PRACTICE!"

That's it for now.  We just wanted let you know we haven't been

sitting around on our duffs.  We have taken a strong look at the last

year's successes and shortcomings and believe we've come up with an

event will eclipse the previous and one you will remember forever!

The only problem with the 2005 rally is that it's going to make

finding a course for the 2006 rally a real challenge for us.  But,

that's our problem and one we won't have to deal with for another

year.

We expect the 2005 rally to be a sell-out, so keep it in mind and let

your friends know.

We are looking forward to seeing all of you in Fallon this May.

Sincerely.

Monty Wolf

Dr. of Rockology

Gee, Bill, that cache took me a grand total of 30 seconds to solve, without any paper, after I first read it in my Palm. I am afraid your "no time" excuse is entirely without merit.

I figured it out. OF, you're... despicable. :blink:

Edited by Green Achers

I'm so glad you are all FINALLY trying and having fun with Trom's First and Amazing Race. I thought surely folks who tackled Return of Venona (hint hint GA)would jump on Trom's First because it's so EASY!

And I thought SURELY cachers who had created their own multi caches (hint hint Ryan) would LEAP at Amazing Race. It is a fun, clean, interesting series of stops, and I think there is a TB at the final location.

Good Luck everyone!

-Laura of Outrageous Fortunes

Wow. What a weekend. Started out by completing Dead Drop 238 [as in Pu238]. What an excellent adventure. And my reward was a CIA pen light [CVC be warned!]. ;)

Today we completed all the leg work to get the Amazing Race destination SeaWorld. We didn't get to hunt the San Diego stop due to the kids effort to drive me insane.;) But tomorrow, we taking them to the zoo and leaving them there. So I see victory on the way. Anyone else want to drop there kids off and play hooky tomorrow? [cough, cough, sniff] ;):P

Why do they call them 'Finals' when they're really not. IMHO, there is only one 'Final' in school and that's the last test you take before you graduate. Same as smoking... you can only quit once. Anything else is just intermission.

Using the schools logic of 'Finals,' we could create a Multi Cache and call each step a Final Location. You'd never know how far along you are to completing the Multi as the stasher would keep messing with your mind, making you think your done by calling it a 'Final.'

I think I feel a cache coming on. :grin:

hey guys, with our upcoming move and work we have to finish on the house we decided to take temporary housing in Manteca from a friend of ours who had a house available. We should be moving next weekend, but our kids will be staying in school in Ripon. We won't be leaving the state until Spring.

Kinda sucks, I'll be busy and won't have as much time to GPS.

Why do they call them 'Finals' when they're really not. IMHO, there is only one 'Final' in school and that's the last test you take before you graduate. Same as smoking... you can only quit once. Anything else is just intermission.

Using the schools logic of 'Finals,' we could create a Multi Cache and call each step a Final Location. You'd never know how far along you are to completing the Multi as the stasher would keep messing with your mind, making you think your done by calling it a 'Final.'

I think I feel a cache coming on. :D

You bring up a very good point. I may even make a Muti or Unknown cache where to get the coordinates you need to answer questions from my, should I say, "mid-terms" :blink: . HHHMMMMMM.

Im guessing youre back from the trip? If so how was it?

Yep, I was back but now I'm gone again. (Although I am still in the Country on this trip). The trip to Spain and the UK was successful. (Translation - I did some caching while over there!) B)

On another note, TeamJudd is with me on this business trip and we had some time this evening to knock out some caches. He has now topped the 500 mark! Conrats Robert!

IMHO, that's the best Geo-Write-up I've ever read by a Muggle-reporter. Put's that Mountain House reporter to shame! [Of course, I'm rather sure she couldn't give a darn about us and just wanted her agenda pushed.]

Congratulations to the Sac-of-tomato cachers. It could have happened to a better group... brace yourselves for more cachers. :lol: