Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

We see that someone mischievous is at #199! :( Does she have something special planned for #200?? Congrats for finding so many caches so quickly and remember, you're not addicted........you can quit anytime! :(

Looks like there'll be some type of gathering on 12/3/04 (location TBA) as we're moving in to capture Venona. What a challenging task this has been. It would make a most memorable century find. [200? You sure don't look that old, OF] :( Congrats in advance.

We see that someone mischievous is at #199!  :( Does she have something special planned for #200??  Congrats for finding so many caches so quickly and remember, you're not addicted........you can quit anytime!  :(

No I don't have anything special planned for #200, although cachenapping CVC Tag has crossed my mind. What is it with everyone, are they afraid to go to Merced? But of course I wouldn't leave it in Stanislaus County, no, I'd take it back to Stockton! Bwaaaa Haaaa Haaaa :(

Congratulations to Amy for finding Trom's First! You go girl! Let's show those guys! Now you need to do my Amazing Race. I think there is a travel bug there too.

-Laura Outrageous

Edited by Outrageous Fortunes
Looks like a couple cachers came by the Stockton area and looks like they couldn't find some of mine, three so far, hope thier not missing because I'm planning on placing a new one. (hint)(hint) :P

I hope they're not missing too. They might be on my to-do list.

It's Ok with me if you place your new one soon.

That way it will be approved before next Saturday (hint) (hint).. :laughing::P ..(nudge) (nudge)...

Back from Idaho, We placed an offer on a house in Council. Most likely they'll accept it, but since we're selling ours we asked for 90 days to close our house and another 15 to close thiers. We'll probably move in the spring, because Dh is framing a house.

Hey Amy, Sorry to see you plans taking you so far away. I know Idaho is an interesting land though as my dad once lived there.

I learned to ski at Bogus Basin - Boise, Idaho when I was 14. Oh, those fun filled night slopes at -10 degrees with a wind chill factor or -40 degrees. You've got to love it. Yes, the backpacking out of Idaho City over to Center Ville with real life Gold Miners even to this day! In the summer, there's tubing down the Boise River or shoot the rapids out at McCall. Then back to that wonderful snow packed winter - drifts going over the house... digging for hours to find the cars and then out to the street so you can drive to work but then having the wind kick up and ruin all your shoveling. Good memories here! :P:P Of course, it gets rather cold around here too. [burr] :laughing:

Are there any geocachers in the Livermore area that could help me out? My daughters The Dog TB was dropped off at Buzzards Roost at Del Valle Lake in June and has been stuck there. The cache is a easy walk from the parking lot and in a beautiful park, so I'm surprised it's had so few finds. This is my daughters first TB and she keeps asking about it. Any help to get it moving would be greatly appreciated.

Are there any geocachers in the Livermore area that could help me out?  My daughters The Dog TB was dropped off at Buzzards Roost at Del Valle Lake in June and has been stuck there.  The cache is a easy walk from the parking lot and in a beautiful park, so I'm surprised it's had so few finds.  This is my daughters first TB and she keeps asking about it.  Any help to get it moving would be greatly appreciated.

I placed a copy of your message in the Bay Area forum. Might have better luck there.

I think the Shark is right but then again... that's one of the caches that I need to do and that is one of my caching area's. We'll be having a gathering there on 12/3/04 at 8 PM as we've once again defeated Venona's evil plans. I'm guessing a few cachers will be hunting around the general area prior to the meeting time. One way or another, I'll make sure your Travel Bug gets going again.

Looks like a couple cachers came by the Stockton area and looks like they couldn't find some of mine, three so far, hope thier not missing because I'm planning on placing a new one. (hint)(hint) :yikes:

I hope they're not missing too. They might be on my to-do list.

It's Ok with me if you place your new one soon.

That way it will be approved before next Saturday (hint) (hint).. :D:D ..(nudge) (nudge)...

Well actually it's still in the planning stages. And a puzzle cache. And I haven't even got a place to place it. So all-in-all its going to be a while. <_<

Back from Idaho,  We placed an offer on a house in Council.  Most likely they'll accept it,  but since we're selling ours we asked for 90 days to close our house and another 15 to close thiers. We'll probably move in the spring, because Dh is framing a house.

Hey Amy, Sorry to see you plans taking you so far away. I know Idaho is an interesting land though as my dad once lived there.

I learned to ski at Bogus Basin - Boise, Idaho when I was 14. Oh, those fun filled night slopes at -10 degrees with a wind chill factor or -40 degrees. You've got to love it. Yes, the backpacking out of Idaho City over to Center Ville with real life Gold Miners even to this day! In the summer, there's tubing down the Boise River or shoot the rapids out at McCall. Then back to that wonderful snow packed winter - drifts going over the house... digging for hours to find the cars and then out to the street so you can drive to work but then having the wind kick up and ruin all your shoveling. Good memories here! :D:yikes: Of course, it gets rather cold around here too. [burr] <_<

We'll be in Council if all goes well. It was very very cold there. It just gets colder, but at least its only about 3000 feet.

I'm rather sad at leaving California and all the good and local geocaches, and all my roots. But happy to start a new life.

But we won't be gone until spring, so I'll be around to bother you still.

Quite? Yes it is. It's also been several weeks since I've been out hunting. This is all going to have to stop! ;) Maybe I'll be able to get out before the weekend is over.

For those of you that didn't follow the pursuit of VENONA, we're going to be recovering the Travel Bug that he kidnapped on 12/3/04 at 8 PM in Livermore (W121 43.573, N37 41.068). If anyone thinks they can contribute to the stakeout of the general area, feel free to join us. It should be a memorable event to say the least. <_<

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. [gobble gobble]

Quite? Yes it is. It's also been several weeks since I've been out hunting. This is all going to have to stop! ;) Maybe I'll be able to get out before the weekend is over.

For those of you that didn't follow the pursuit of VENONA, we're going to be recovering the Travel Bug that he kidnapped on 12/3/04 at 8 PM in Livermore (W121 43.573, N37 41.068). If anyone thinks they can contribute to the stakeout of the general area, feel free to join us. It should be a memorable event to say the least. <_<

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. [gobble gobble]

maybe I'll give you something new to do.

ON 12/3 Hubby and I are going to be strolling Ripon's wine thingy. so I won't do the Venona thing. But man youse guys have some pretty big brains to figure out that puzzle.

wow guys....no one talking at turkeyday??? My dad set up a Gps course for me and i had to go to places and tell why I am thankful for them....HE decided to put a 1 inch by 1/4 inch magnetic strip on the back of a wrought iron fense with bad coords!!! Anyway...a couple good placements and fun had by me and my sis who drove me around!!! Great fun!!!!

I too time off today and thought I'd go out caching after talking to Fizzy a couple times. We got into the GA Cache Tractor and I spent quit a long time looking for a cache that would be of interest and be able to hold the travel bug that I've withheld for way too long. Turns out that I haven't even uploaded a waypoint into either my PDA or GPSr in over a month. I ended up not leaving and really frustrated. To make things worse, my new PC is non-op and it's back in the shop for repairs so I can't even do the uploading now. Arggg. <_<

I too time off today and thought I'd go out caching after talking to Fizzy a couple times. We got into the GA Cache Tractor and I spent quit a long time looking for a cache that would be of interest and be able to hold the travel bug that I've withheld for way too long. Turns out that I haven't even uploaded a waypoint into either my PDA or GPSr in over a month. I ended up not leaving and really frustrated. To make things worse, my new PC is non-op and it's back in the shop for repairs so I can't even do the uploading now. Arggg. <_<

Hey no problem if you wanted to stop by tonight and use mine. and borrow my palm. Email me and I'll give you my phone number. Dh should be home after 7PM

That's almost as fustrating as all my caches disappearing... <_<  Now with latest news Secret Trail #2 is gone.....UGH!!! :mad:

A small group came down from the north to cache Lodi and Stockton today.

Two fine cachers from the UK joined us.

Turned out to be a nice day after the rain storm passed.

Sorry to see your cache missing..it might be there and we didn't see it.

We had 19 finds and 5 DNFs. I don't think we have ever had that many DNFs before in Stockton.

Maybe it was the weather, maybe it was bad mojo...I don't know.

Anyway, many thanks to the Stocktonites and Lodionians for a fun day of caching.

Well I just got home from a 6 day excursion to visit relatives in So. Cal. (Hollywood) and got a great idea for a new cache in our area. I hope I can do it. It's nearly 11 pm and I still have to write all my logs I have done for the past 6 days let alone catch up on all my emails and forum pages. I'm kinda glad there wasn't much here to read over turkey day!!! I hope all was well for everybody. I went to the south with 3 TBs, a Jeep TB, and a Coin. Came home with 3 new TBs, a new hippied out Jeep, and a different coin. Life is Good!

On to the writing of the logs.

Peace!

we placed two caches yesterday.

But none in Mountain House. This is your last warning....

:lol:

In working with Marky on the most recent GeoROCKs "puzzle" cache (it's not really a puzzle; it's a power trip) I have come up with some truly evil ideas. Evil, evil ideas.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!

Fizzy there is no way I can outdo you--but I am planning a very very very evil puzzle you will have to admit your weakness! It will be called MARTHA STEWART truly my area of expertise. and you may be able to solve the puzzle but you will likely need help or admit your vulnerability. (at least I hope.....HA HA)

we placed two caches yesterday.

But none in Mountain House. This is your last warning....

<_<

In working with Marky on the most recent GeoROCKs "puzzle" cache (it's not really a puzzle; it's a power trip) I have come up with some truly evil ideas. Evil, evil ideas.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!

...Said the man that gave us Oak Say Can You See. Good greif.

All in Ripon I'm guessing?

Duh!?! Where else? LOL :ph34r:

<_< hey guys.......back from my (whats the opposite of power?) caching weekend....I mosied on up to Sacto and nabbed 6 caches and met the Sleuther and wife and then went down to Santa Cruz to my cabin and nabbed one i wanted to get at a covered bridge. 7 caches in 3 days not bad when none was intended!!!! My dad now uses caching against me......"You want to go with me to (insert boring place name)?....Why don't you pop up a coupla caches and we'll go do them?"....blargh who knew? :ph34r: Edited by cachecows209
Hey Ryan, you almost got me arrested this weekend.  I hope you're proud of yourself.

:lol:

OK Fizzy..... I'll Bite. How did you almost get arrested?????

You don't know, Camel? First you stash a cache and then a muggle finds it and as the tell the story up the chain, it morphs into a really big deal. Want a minute. You do remember! Don't you? :lol: