Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

Novice Geo-Boot Camp? The brochure looks pritty but the topics look more beginner level.

(QUOTE) Input Waypoints... Navigate to known (archeological) sites...(/QUOTE)

I'd just be happy to make it to a logical site, let alone one that has archeo-logic.

Now, if they could teach us how to find difficult adventure caches and puzzle [or how to keep our foot out of our mouths], then you'd have my attention. :rolleyes:

HELP!!!!! :D  B)

Ok Ive ran pocket queries many many times and allways got my email back soon with the down load. Have ran it tonight like 4 times and been like over 2 hours and NO EMAIL???

Any one got any suggestions? Or had this happen before?  :D

Me TOO, I think something is going on tonight, the night before I head back to Baja. I am glad I have the caches for half the trip already downloaded.

I tested this on my own cell phone and was able to enter a log. check it out at

http://wap.geocaching.com

This will be the permanent location for the WAP interface. You can also log caches with a web browser if you want to bypass all the web pages on geocaching.com

Let me know if your phone doesn't work with it. We tried it with a multitude of mobile phone simulators, but I'm sure we missed a couple.

Found this on the site, some may want to try it!

OK, This has my interest. Who put WAP up? Does Geocaching know about it? I'm looking forward to trying it out but not before I learn more information about it. Is there an informational site on it?

When you go to the site (which you can do from a regular PC as well) it says "© Groundspeak 2004" right there on the page. so one would assume that it is run by the geocaching gooroos.

When you go to the site (which you can do from a regular PC as well) it says "© Groundspeak 2004" right there on the page. so one would assume that it is run by the geocaching gooroos.

Right. :huh: Everything you read on the internet it true. That's because of that new honesty web laws. :) There's no way someone wrote a simple program which also mines passwords. (''Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean you don't have enemies.'') :ph34r:

Thanks Ted for the lead on the chatter.

I'm looking forward to lunch on Saturday however, I'm a little concerned about my order... I'd like my pizzle plucked and not paved. :ph34r: Hey Laura, I've returned your stolen log sheet and forgiven you for your dastardly deed. Any chances of by passing the formallities of the Tar and Feathers. [After all - you started it. :) ]

------------

Is anyone else going to the night hike in two weeks. It's going up Mission Peak and should be a really great adventure. Here's the Thread for more info. Maybe we could carpool. Anyone interested in a ride (from Ripon, Manteca, or Tracy)?

Hidden in yon secret glen

Far beyond the eyes of men,

We clever sisters brewed this pot

Chanting loudly o'er the spot:

"Round about the cauldron go;

In the poison'd entrails throw,

Eye of newt, and toe of frog,

Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,

Adder's fork and blind-worm's sting,

Lizard's leg, and owlet's wing,

For a charm of powerful trouble,

Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.

Double, double toil and trouble;

Fire, burn; and cauldron, bubble."

Now dark potion's time has come

To guard the prize from muggles dumb

'Til first to find creeps up and spies

The magic wand before their eyes.

Know last full moon when mists swirl'd round?

Twas then this wand was cut and bound,

Then mighty spells about this stick

Were chanted softly. . . . . . . .

In the poison'd entrails throw,

Adder's fork and blind-worm's sting,

Know last full moon when mists swirl'd round?

Were chanted softly. . . . . . . .

Not sure I want to know what was left out!!!!!! :blink:

Had dinner tonight with some friends when one of them told a story of driving under I-5 on March lane about a month ago and seeing two women up along the side of the road in the bushes using canes. Thinking they were two blind women who didn't know where they were, she made a u-turn, parked at the Union 76, and proceeded to "save" the two blind women. Turns out, of course, that the two "blind" women were actually geocachers, using their canes to search the plants for the cache. I'm assuming they were looking for CVC tag? Would the "blind" women care to identify themselves? :blink:

Would the "blind" women care to identify themselves?  :)

Although I told Green Achers the story, I was saving it to tell the rest of you at an event. I guess we have been outed.

Duck Hunter and I climbed up the embankment off March Lane up toward I 5 where we were poking around in the bushes with SKI POLES looking for CVC Tag. Duck Hunter was near the top of the rise close to I5 looking back down toward the off ramp. I was part way up the hill but closer to the March Lane sidewalk with my back to the off ramp when we heard someone screaming at us. Not wanting to turn around I asked Duck Hunter if the person was yelling AT US. "I think so," she said.

"Is it a cop?" I asked. :)

"I don't know."

"Is she in uniform?"

"No"

So I turned around, leaning on my ski pole to watch a very agitated woman waiting for the walk light. It was obvious that once the light changed she intended to rush toward us --- and rush she did.

When she reached the sidewalk beneath us, she began giving instructions in a measured authoritative voice. "Walk toward me. -- Slowly now. -- That's right. -- Just keep walking. -- Hold on to the cable that is right by your left hand. -- That's good. -- Just keep walking. -- slowly. -- You are about to reach some rocks. -- Be careful."

By now I am thinking - plain clothes cop or raving lunatic, and I wasn't sure which. I followed her instructions until I was within about 15 feet of her. Hey, she looks like a nice lady, but she is bigger than I am and 15 feet is plenty close enough, thank you. I'm not sure I know how to protect myself with a GPS and a skipole! For all we knew she was armed and dangerous! :lol:

"I really don't understand why you want me to come any closer to you," I said more frightened than assertive. (I was trying to sound assertive!)

"Oh my gosh," she exclaimed burying her face in her hands. "I am SOOO embarrassed. I thought you were blind!! You are playing that caching game!"

She explained between numerous gasps of "I'm so embarrassed" that she had been driving East on March Lane when she saw two blind ladies about to walk right up onto I5. Wanting to save them from certain death, she made a U turn on March, parked in the gas station lot, and hightailed it across the street to talk us down the hill from our certain doom.

After she left, and Duck Hunter and I recovered from our laughing convulsions, we thought about what a kind and caring person she was. We wished that we had thought to ask her name. Duck Hunter did wonder why she thought we were blind since we were wearing glasses! :)

Edited by Team GUI

POT OF TROUBLE

In the poison'd entrails throw.

Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,

Know last full moon when mists swirl'd 'round?

Were chanted softly. Here's the trick:

When o'er a log it's brought to hover

No previous finds will you discover,

But heed me well "can't find" fakers

Sanruft, Clayham and Green Achers;

Beware! On you this spell will turn

Because you chose the posts to spurn.

Forever more you'll rue your past.

If YOU employ it, you'll be LAST!

So weigh this wisely would-be taker.

Be it worth it?

~~~~~~~signed Mischief Maker

Oh you mean the meat from cachecows because I'm so mad his puzzle cache doesn't make any sense? I don't have the Rainman skills to figure out his "puzzle" cache. I guess you need Rainman skills to play golf because it is one of the most moronic "sport" ever. :)

Edited by TeamTek
I guess you need Rainman skills to play golf because it is one of the most moronic "sport" ever. :)

Ya. No coordinates on the ball's location... Once you find it, you hide it again - still no coordiantes. No Spoilers either. From time to time, you up the ball in a hole and then take it back out again - lie about how many times you hid the ball on a score card - then go for a short walk to do it all over again. I'm with you on this point, Ryan. :lol:

Thank you team GUI for that report of your encounter with my over-eager friend. You made an already funny story even better by telling it from your vantage point! :) I intend to share your story with my friend and our whole church small group tomorrow for additional laughs! :) BTW, she is a very kind-hearted person, (not a nutcase) and she really did think you were two blind women who had lost their way. :lol:

Soooooo sorry I missed the event today. Wife had a meeting she couldn't blow off. As a consolation, I got to go and get a couple of local caches that had been on my radar. Still wish I could have been there.

Peace!

No problem, I think there were a couple of people that signed upp but never came, it also went vice versa when a couple of ppl that didn't signed up came but there was no problem with that cause there was plenty of room! :)

This was our very first event cache and we had the best time! Props to those who took the time to put the event together, you guys and gals really out did yourselves. The course was awesome and we were able to hang around afterwards and grab some of the other local caches. We hope to get back that way in the near future to finish them up!! Thanks so much and it was nice meeting all of you.

I'd like to also add my thanks to Laura, Peter & TeamTek(& their Families) for the time & effort they put in to make this event a success! We had a great time. We even got to show a few people how to input waypoints on their GPSr's. Then the newbies proceeded to show us how to locate caches! Doh! :D Oh well, we got a few & still reeling from a few! :mad: There were quite a few things on our course that Z & I never saw & one that would've had us still looking today had not someone found it! :P This course was tuff! :P A cake walk is was not! :D:o I consider Z & myself rookies because we haven't been caching all that long & I'm glad we do because this was a challenging course & may very well have put Stockton on the map! :D Z wants to know if this was the first Stockton Event because it was such a blow out! Great food, great friends, & great course!

We had great time! Here it is a day later & Z & I are still discussing a few hides on that course. :mad: This is one event that will not be forgotten. Great job!

Thank for everyone that showed up. It was a success!! :mad::mad::P I'm glad everyone had a good time and I was really surprised with the course! I didn't realise it would be so hard!! :D:P:D Anyway..it was a great day to get a few caches and meet some great people. Bill...that was the same course for everyone so no complaining!! :D I'm also glad that TeamAlamo, bthomas and lildevil showed up.....a few pleasant surprises from the powerhitters! Welcome to the new cachers from Elk Grove...you guys were awesome...showing JeepySR the way!!! :o Thank you Laura for making all of the signs and providing the containers and camo and also for making those great car window stickers!! You should sell those!!!!!!

Peter

Thank you Laura for making all of the signs and providing the containers and camo and also for making those great car window stickers!! You should sell those!!!!!!

Peter

I think those are probally trademarked :mad:

Why don't you go and tell the WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD THEN MISTER GEOCOP!!! :mad: No one had to know what they were!!!! LOL

BTW...for the approver I was kidding

The macfamily6 team had a great time, too. Thanks again to Outrageous Fortunes, TeamTek, and cachecows209 for organizing the event and the wild goose chase!

We've been out of the caching scene for a while until recently, and this event was the perfect way to fully immerse ourselves again.

We are nearing the 100-cache mark (94 and counting...), and I'm thinking we'll hit it when we're in Washington, D.C. from Oct. 9-16.

Anybody know of some good D.C. caches we should shoot for, from personal experience?

Mike of macfamily6

Yep, I had fun too! Thanks for the nice CVC event! Nice to meet new and see some of the old. Ugh, I shouldn't say old as my BD is next week. If my cache gets approved, it will be my toughest hide to date. I usually like to do the easy for everyone types but I needed to place a difficult one. Anyways, I'll be err a well, older next week and if I could get up there......

....... Bill...that was the same course for everyone except you so no complaining!! :D .......

Peter

everyone except Bill???!!! I thought I saw him walking in a completely different direction! ;)

Oh? I got to hunt them all. Didn't you? LOL

Fizzy - You are unquestionably a big gun and it was a blast that you where there. Sorry you missed out on that torture course. It was a real educational experience and the greatest part was all the cling-ons laughing at me as I sat right in front of one of the caches without being able to see/find it. I later told them that ''if it was a snake, my dead body would have been the one next to it.''

Happy Birthday to OL' Brute Force. You sure don't look much older. Did you say you hiked up a little hill? LOL. [Guess I better be prepared to go get it.] :P