Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

...I'm sure Hemlock deferred it to someone else so he can solve and find it which is probably why it has been delayed.  As I have not gotten any notes for it.

No way. I can assure you, Hemlock is of the highest of integrity. There's no way he ever uses his position to get the upper hand. In fact, I'll go as far as to say he handicaps himself so there's no appearance of cheating as well.

On the other hand, Hemlock is thorough. Too thorough as he's often corrected ''error's'' that I've made on my caches... even when they where not by mistake. B)

Now here's the delema as I see it. I have no baseball knowledge but do have a car. CacheCow's got the know-how but no way to get there. [isn't life tough?!] So I'm seeing - in the near future - my phone ringing with a comprimize. Coordinates shared and ride provided. Sounds like a good deal, right? But now who's saying I'm getting the correct coords? :rolleyes: Could it be that I'm going to be mislead, lost a little while the little one swoops in for the FTF!? Maybe. Maybe not. B) [Yes, life is tough!]

Edited by Green Achers
So here it is....  I present......  (drum roll please)  Dreaming of the Major League

It should be approved soon.

I see that it has been approved, and there has been an FTF. I did manage to solve the puzzle already, now it's a matter of time when I will go caching again, and actually find the cache. :lol:

Glad to see that Fattuhr is getting back into caching...We haven't seen him caching in awhile! :mad:

So here it is....  I present......  (drum roll please)  Dreaming of the Major League

It should be approved soon.

I see that it has been approved, and there has been an FTF. I did manage to solve the puzzle already, now it's a matter of time when I will go caching again, and actually find the cache. :mad:

Hiya Fattuhr, nice to see that you are still doing some caching here and there. Hope all is well with you guys.

--Marky

...I'm sure Hemlock deferred it to someone else so he can solve and find it which is probably why it has been delayed.  As I have not gotten any notes for it.

No way. I can assure you, Hemlock is of the highest of integrity. There's no way he ever uses his position to get the upper hand. In fact, I'll go as far as to say he handicaps himself so there's no appearance of cheating as well.

On the other hand, Hemlock is thorough. Too thorough as he's often corrected ''error's'' that I've made on my caches... even when they where not by mistake. :lol:

Now here's the delema as I see it. I have no baseball knowledge but do have a car. CacheCow's got the know-how but no way to get there. [isn't life tough?!] So I'm seeing - in the near future - my phone ringing with a comprimize. Coordinates shared and ride provided. Sounds like a good deal, right? But now who's saying I'm getting the correct coords? B) Could it be that I'm going to be mislead, lost a little while the little one swoops in for the FTF!? Maybe. Maybe not. :mad: [Yes, life is tough!]

Not what I was saying at all Bill. I am not saying that he was already solving it. I was jsut figuring that he let someone else to the approving so that he wouldn't have already seen the coordinates. That's all. Cuz I know if I was an approver I woulnd't want to appriove a code cache (now that you got me hooked on them) because I would want the pleasure and satisfaction of figuring them out myself.

I was never questioning Hemlocks Integrity. I might question my own!!!!!!! :mad: But not his!

Oh yeah BTW....Where do you guys get your little baggies for micro caches? I haven't been able to locate a place where you can buy them.

Make that 2 of us now

Thanks

Anyone looking for 2" x 1.5" plastic ziplock baggies? I am an electrician and I get hundreds of them (trim screws for receptacle covers come in them). I'd be happy to send them snail mail in a SASE, say 10 per envelope? Or could leave them in a Sacramento area cache. Also have some 3.5" x 6", but they have a 3" x 3" mfg's logo on them (you could put a sticker over the logo). Email me if interested.

Edited by bratc7 & snuzieq
Oh yeah BTW....Where do you guys get your little baggies for micro caches? I haven't been able to locate a place where you can buy them.

Make that 2 of us now

Thanks

Anyone looking for 2" x 1.5" plastic ziplock baggies? I am an electrician and I get hundreds of them (trim screws for receptacle covers come in them). I'd be happy to send them snail mail in a SASE, say 10 per envelope? Or could leave them in a Sacramento area cache. Also have some 3.5" x 6", but they have a 3" x 3" mfg's logo on them (you could put a sticker over the logo). Email me if interested.

I think leaving them as packets in caches is a great idea!

Now here's the delema as I see it. I have no baseball knowledge but do have a car. CacheCow's got the know-how but no way to get there. [isn't life tough?!] So I'm seeing - in the near future - my phone ringing with a comprimize. Coordinates shared and ride provided. Sounds like a good deal, right? But now who's saying I'm getting the correct coords? :lol: Could it be that I'm going to be mislead, lost a little while the little one swoops in for the FTF!? Maybe. Maybe not. :mad: [Yes, life is tough!]

Hmmmm...I think I would like ALL the glory Bill!!!! :mad: Ill make it to Motown or wherever the cache is soon enough. Did you see I expanded my horizons and have no dnf's in Ripon anymore B) (I had found chambers but couldn't get the darn cache!! I found the container but it stumped me!! Anyway I'm not a big A's fan but they are getting the Port's next year so I might have to give this one a try

Not what I was saying at all Bill. I am not saying that he was already solving it. I was jsut figuring that he let someone else to the approving so that he wouldn't have already seen the coordinates. That's all. Cuz I know if I was an approver I woulnd't want to appriove a code cache (now that you got me hooked on them) because I would want the pleasure and satisfaction of figuring them out myself.

I was never questioning Hemlocks Integrity. I might question my own!!!!!!! :lol: But not his!

Sorry I messed that up. That's what I get for reading and replying to this thread while commuting. [is that addicted? No way! It's efficient use of my free time.] :huh:

Good evening all,

Question,... Is it me or has CVC Tag Transformed? Z & I thought we were going to be sly & run down to Motown & swipe that sucker, but we got scammed by a kindergartener. :huh: (Turns out to be one of the younger Soul2Soul team members I think)We thought we knew what we were looking for but was surprised at how it looks now. Anyway, to ease our pain & bruised egos, we did a few caches in the area to cheer us up. Would've liked to have met Soul2Soul but they must've had other caches to do as they were in a hurry! Oh well, CVC will pop up again on the radar soon. Until then :lol:

Good evening all,

Question,... Is it me or has CVC Tag Transformed? Z & I thought we were going to be sly & run down to Motown & swipe that sucker, but we got scammed by a kindergartener. :huh: (Turns out to be one of the younger Soul2Soul team members I think)We thought we knew what we were looking for but was surprised at how it looks now. Anyway, to ease our pain & bruised egos, we did a few caches in the area to cheer us up. Would've liked to have met Soul2Soul but they must've had other caches to do as they were in a hurry! Oh well, CVC will pop up again on the radar soon. Until then :lol:

LOL! I heard the story this evening from soul2soul...TOO FUNNY! Well, at least you didn't go home empty handed. You were able to find a few caches while in town!

Sounds like there will be lots of stories at that upcoming event! I'm sorry that I'm going to miss them!

Sounds like there will be lots of stories at that upcoming event! I'm sorry that I'm going to miss them!

Oh, ya... you're not going to be there to defend yourself. Poor guy! :huh:

Tomorrow, I hope to get out to the new Ripon TB Hotel to replace that wonderful FTF Log. I've had it since O$ returned it. LOL. Ya. There's going to be ''stories'' told. :lol:

Oh, ya... you're not going to be there to defend yourself. Poor guy! :huh:

Tomorrow, I hope to get out to the new Ripon TB Hotel to replace that wonderful FTF Log. I've had it since O$ returned it. LOL. Ya. There's going to be ''stories'' told. :lol:

LOL! No, I call it smart! I have heard a tar and feather rumor...You can handle this one in my absence, can't you Bill???

Hiya Fattuhr, nice to see that you are still doing some caching here and there. Hope all is well with you guys.

--Marky

Marky

I am actually going out every now and then. Jaimee has pretty much quit, with going to school full time and working. Plus now we are making our plans for the future. We bought land in Missouri, and will be planning on moving in 2006 after the little one is off to college.

...We bought land in Missouri, and will be planning on moving in 2006 after the little one is off to college.

That's not fair. You can't just leave and be happy ever after. Oh, no. You have to stay here and suffer along with the rest of us. [You can't leave without going to dinner with us first!]

As far as Tar and Feathers... I know a good strong cup of coffee can be refered to as a 'Tar' but I can't guess what the Feathers could be used for. Maybe it's not a good thing as $ATM$ said she's not going to the Gathering. Do you think she knows something I don't? [What's that drumming sound in the distance?] :huh:

Oh, ya... you're not going to be there to defend yourself. Poor guy! :lol:

Tomorrow, I hope to get out to the new Ripon TB Hotel to replace that wonderful FTF Log. I've had it since O$ returned it. LOL. Ya. There's going to be ''stories'' told. :rolleyes:

Just after today when Laura told me what was up did I finally get the whole thing about the TB hotel...and I really wanted to find that one!!!

Nah I don' think he's looked for it yet. BTW Bill, keep your eyes out for the first, that I'm aware of, puzzle cache in Stockton. It's going to be a little challenging because it envolves physics. We're just getting the bugs out and it should be up within a week or two.

It's a good thing it doesn't involve spelling! LOL

... envolves physics...

It's a good thing it doesn't involve spelling! LOL

Cold, Ted. Funny, yet cold. :lol:

As far as the first puzzle cache... I believe Ron Streeter got that award with Pythagorus Likes Equilaterals Too ! which was archived after proving to be too challenging to Te... Uhm... cachers. [And it turned up missing too.] Since it was a M.O. cache, I'll give you the credit for the first open puzzle cache in Stockton. [i'll pick it up on Saturday or you can just bring the log to the Gathering to save me the time. LOL]

Hey Ted. I need to give you a call tomorrow. I need your opinion. :rolleyes:

Edited by Green Achers
Ok we'll have to see, even though it is pretty basic stuff. :lol:

That's how all this stuff starts. Basic. Before long, you'll have us solving quantum physic puzzles and we'll be thanking you. ;):rolleyes: Right guys - ah, Ladies?! :lol:

Now that you mention it I guess I have some room for some quantum physics...... :huh:

by the way the thing in the top right corner of my new avatar is in fact not a cow...although it may look like it....its a blingcow...my new word :D

Good thing you have a GPSr or you'd be lost... Don't you mean the top LEFT side (Yellow)?!! I do like it but those dirrections I just couldn't let slide. :)

I think they meant the other top right corner.

Don

And Bill, it's all your fault!!!! :D  :D  :)  :D

I know... more tag and feathers. Right. I'll take care of it in advance for everyone. At least it's getting you a few bonus points with your teacher. But for the spoiler, would you mind providing his (her) life line number. :D

You mean tar and feathers? Or do we need more CVC Tags??? :D

I know...  more tag and feathers. Right. I'll take care of it in advance for everyone.

You mean tar and feathers? Or do we need more CVC Tags??? :D

You mean what I know. Dyslexic? Ya, but when you're farming who cares that you plow the rows out of order! As long as you don't 'tag' the road when you're intending to 'tar' it.

More CVC Tags? Sorry but Geocaching will no longer allow that type of moving cache to be approved. CVC Tag is a grand-fathered relic that must be preserved. [Kind of like me.] Once it's gone, there'll be no replacement. Fortunately, we can't loose it. Only Geocaching going stupid with new rules again can take it away! :D

Now I'm off to create more hate and discontent around CVC. Wish me luck! :):D:D

Now I'm off to create more hate and discontent around CVC. Wish me luck! :anitongue:  :surprise:  :)

:rolleyes: Sounds like my kind of fun ! :ph34r:

So it seems there may be a shortage of "adventure" caches... :P

It may be near time for me to dust off the ol' GPSR and get to work on something. I've only been on a break since Watermark.

:););):(:P:(:)

Ya, Toad. Make something that only guys are smart enough to do. Those women keep messing things up and getting all the FTF prizes. They even boast about being better than guys.

[i know I'm going to pay for posting this. More Tar and Feathers I'd guess. It just doesn't pay to be a jerk anymore.]

Hidden in yon secret glen

Far beyond the eyes of men,

We clever sisters brewed this pot

Chanting loudly o'er the spot:

"Round about the cauldron go;

In the poison'd entrails throw,

Eye of newt, and toe of frog,

Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,

Adder's fork and blind-worm's sting,

Lizard's leg, and owlet's wing,

For a charm of powerful trouble,

Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.

Double, double toil and trouble;

Fire, burn; and cauldron, bubble."

It just doesn't pay to be a jerk anymore.

hmmmmmmmm ;)

jerk............ hmmmmmm...........

Thought provoking, it is....... (sorry just watched yoda with my son the other night)........I'll have to go rent an old Steve Martin film

A cache ........a jerk........... a reward........... devious.......... :P

I believe a new cache of adventure is due, if you Got the Point and saw the Watermark then ......... jerk....... start thinking outside the box. :(:(:)

Hey GeoBandits,

Are you coming to the event this weekend? The guys will probably need all the help they can get. Heheheheheheheeeeeee! I'm bringing feathers.

Hey Outrageous Fortunes email is on the way :blink:

If we make it GRB Bandit said she would bring our kettle with plenty of nice HOT TAR!!! <_< Hope u all can stand the smell :lol:

I saw this post in the San Francisco thread. Thought some of you might be interested.

My sister-in-law's sister-in-law just sent me some information about a GPS/geocaching weekend event coming up (tentatively scheduled for mid-November) in the Sierra foothills near Sequoia National Park. You can see the info by going to:

http://www.river-ridge.net/

and clicking on "GPS & Geocaching Camp." I hadn't heard of this place before, but one of the owners is my SIL's SIL's sister. (Still with me? :-)) I just read the About Us part, and evidently it's a ranch that was saved from development and is now permanently a conservation area. I probably won't make it down for this event, but they seem to have a lot of interesting outdoor educational classes and events.

If any of you hang out in the discussion areas for central and southern California, feel free to forward this information to them.