Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

Anyone notice the new scale on each cache? Do a search for caches near you and you'll see each cache has some kind of a rating on it. I'm not sure what it indicates but it's not based on the difficulty, terrain, and it doesn't appear to be the finders approvals. Maybe it's based on the success (Finds to DNF ratio)?

Anyone care to shead some light? I sure couldn't find anything on the Forums nor the Geocaching description page. :lol:

Oh... kay. I guess that makes sense even though it doesn't make any difference to me.

Hey. Hi Escapades. Welcome to the forum.

Soul2Soul, I see you've added to your collection of DNF's today. LOL. At least you made it out. And speaking of getting out, I found out (by chance) that $ATM$ went out caching today. Talk about being floored... it's the first time she's cached without me dragging her out. :lol:

Soul2Soul, I see you've added to your collection of DNF's today. LOL. At least you made it out.

:lol: We wish that we had more time to get out and about, but no DNF's today...is someone impersonating us?!? :)

Ops, that was on the 5th. My mistake. But as I said, at least you were out there trying. It's a lot better than I've been doing. :)

BTW, I'm looking forward to meeting you finally at the up coming Gathering in Stockton. :)

Edited by Green Achers
Ops, that was on the 5th. My mistake. But as I said, at least you were out there trying. It's a lot better than I've been doing.  :lol:

BTW, I'm looking forward to meeting you finally at the up coming Gathering in Stockton.  :)

Oh yeah....that cache...it sure got the better of us that day! :)

Looks like there are plenty of new caches up in the Ripon area...when we plan our return trip to track that one down, we'll have to check out the new caches too! :)

Lately we've been spending our time completing our alphabet caches...I'm happy to say that, pending the approval of two of them, they're all out and ready to be found!

We are hoping to make it to Stockton for the event...should know for sure later this week! We look forward to meeting everyone....

Hey CacheCow, It just accured to me how you can get over to Ripon...  ask Outrageous Fortunes for a lift.  :anibad:

gal.cow.ap.jpg

Great idea, Green Achers. We'd love to help Cachecows get to Ripon, but aside from his parents probably objecting, Malcolm isn't signed off for external loads. Too bad, Cachecows could have made such an IMPRESSIVE entrance to the Ripon caching scene! :D

Ok now thats just plain DIRTY!!!.... Airlifting is not the answer....!!!!!

3dbabyvu found Indiana Jones and the Temple of Cache today! Way to go 3dbabyvu!!!! Even with your two sons helping, the women are still way up on the men on this one. What IS it guys?

Oh, No. More Stockton women cachers completing Indiana Jone! This is really making it difficult. Guys? Where are you?? :anibad:

Welcome to new cacher, 3dbabyvu. We're glad you're here. :D

Is that a USDA cow! :blink:

Not yet... it was still being tested to see if it meets (meats) all the standards. Pictured is test number 87 which of course is the drop test. They're still unsure why this one failed that test so badly. :) Next! :D

I made it out to Stockton today. Cleared up my DNF, replaced Team Alamo's Caching Break cache and maintained A Toast To Marky and Joani. Then I picked up a few more caches to complete a wonderful day of rest.

Oh, Camel... did you catch that? A Toast to Marky and Joani was always there! Almost all guys finding that cache too. :D

Is that a  USDA cow!  :blink:

Not yet... it was still being tested to see if it meets (meats) all the standards. Pictured is test number 87 which of course is the drop test. They're still unsure why this one failed that test so badly. :) Next! :D

I made it out to Stockton today. Cleared up my DNF, replaced Team Alamo's Caching Break cache and maintained A Toast To Marky and Joani. Then I picked up a few more caches to complete a wonderful day of rest.

Oh, Camel... did you catch that? A Toast to Marky and Joani was always there! Almost all guys finding that cache too. :D

I was never convinced it was missing!!! HAHA I just haven't been back up there to check on it again! I'll do it though I am determined now! B)

...I just haven't been back up there to check on it again!  I'll do it though I am determined now!    :rolleyes:

FYI, the longer you wait, the less likely you'll find it. It's one of those caches that must be hunted all the time... kind of like some caches that foot prints are the spoiler. Just looking out for us guys. :laughing:

The new cache over here, A Ripon Multi & TB Hotel has kicked my back side. The third step has proven to be rather difficult for Tim as well as myself. It's impossible to hunt it without being seen so I wrote off laying low from the get go. After spending way too much time trying to get that step, I did something I've never done before. I conceeded. The victory goes to BKS and/or GRB for pushing me past my limits. Now I'm sitting on the side line watching (likely one of those ladie Stockton cachers) for the FTF or other developements that may get me encouraged again. Those corrected coordinates don't even look appealing (the bad coords were 30+ feet off). :rolleyes: I'm sure this cache could rank up in the best of all caches. Time will tell.

The new cache over here, A Ripon Multi & TB Hotel has kicked my back side. The third step has proven to be rather difficult for Tim as well as myself. It's impossible to hunt it without being seen so I wrote off laying low from the get go. After spending way too much time trying to get that step, I did something I've never done before. I conceeded. The victory goes to BKS and/or GRB for pushing me past my limits. Now I'm sitting on the side line watching (likely one of those ladie Stockton cachers) for the FTF or other developements that may get me encouraged again. Those corrected coordinates don't even look appealing (the bad coords were 30+ feet off). :rolleyes:  I'm sure this cache could rank up in the best of all caches. Time will tell.

I'm not willing to concede yet, but I will admit that it is very difficult with the coordinates we found. It has definitely kicked my butt thus far! (I have not seen any new coordinates yet). Much like Bill, I too have given way to the stealth mode on this cache. In fact, I may recruit some muggles to help me the next time I'm out! :laughing: (Just kidding of course...well, maybe I'm kidding...well, the more I think about it....hmmmm) :rolleyes:

Time WILL tell if this is a truly masterful creation!

Edited by Sanruft

The new cache over here, A Ripon Multi & TB Hotel has kicked my back side. The third step has proven to be rather difficult for Tim as well as myself. It's impossible to hunt it without being seen so I wrote off laying low from the get go. After spending way too much time trying to get that step, I did something I've never done before. I conceeded. The victory goes to BKS and/or GRB for pushing me past my limits. Now I'm sitting on the side line watching (likely one of those ladie Stockton cachers) for the FTF or other developements that may get me encouraged again. Those corrected coordinates don't even look appealing (the bad coords were 30+ feet off). :laughing: I'm sure this cache could rank up in the best of all caches. Time will tell.

Now Bill and to all,

That was not our plan to push you to wits end :rolleyes: or any one at that. We how ever wanted to stump those Stocktonians. Dont give up!!! #3 is there, I even moved it a little this am to make it even easier! Should not change the coords, only moved it a few inches. So with that time will tell?

Dont worry Bill you still have another Life Line Left! :rolleyes:

Been looking to find a jeep tb for a while now just to say we found one. Still have came up short on that and I know why now. Its because some cachers like to stock pile them :rolleyes: So my question is WHY? Why would you keep them and not just a small # of them. Is that the game to KEEP them and not let the rest of us find one! Ok maybe Iam over reacting on this but come on now.

Just glad this WAS NOT a CVC Cacher!!!!!!

Been looking to find a jeep tb for a while now just to say we found one. Still have came up short on that and I know why now. Its because some cachers like to stock pile them :rolleyes: So my question is WHY? Why would you keep them and not just a small # of them. Is that the game to KEEP them and not let the rest of us find one! Ok maybe Iam over reacting on this but come on now.

Just glad this WAS NOT a CVC Cacher!!!!!!

I know of two that are going to be placed in the CVC area VERY soon...Keep an eye out for them!

Oh, Camel... did you catch that? A Toast to Marky and Joani was always there! Almost all guys finding that cache too. :rolleyes:

Excuse me.....but my eleven year old daughter and I found this cache today with no help, no lifelines, and no male presence anywhere near. I guess I'll have to go down to Ripon soon and clear up that new cache too. LOL

Seriously folks, we've just been really lucky lately. Thanks for all the fun you've provided for us, and I hope we can give back half as good. Come to the Event Cache in Stockton on October 2nd and let us know if we are anywhere near even.

Any comments on the new look of the cache searches? I kind of like the new look. I'm not sure that I will use the new features, but it's nice to know that I have the option should I choose to. At least it's refreshing to see those in charge of the world of caching trying to experiment with new ideas and/or features.

Oh, Camel...  did you catch that? A Toast to Marky and Joani was always there! Almost all guys finding that cache too.  :rolleyes:

Excuse me.....but my eleven year old daughter and I found this cache today with no help, no lifelines, and no male presence anywhere near. I guess I'll have to go down to Ripon soon and clear up that new cache too. LOL

Seriously folks, we've just been really lucky lately. Thanks for all the fun you've provided for us, and I hope we can give back half as good. Come to the Event Cache in Stockton on October 2nd and let us know if we are anywhere near even.

ahem....You have not finished some of the newer caches in the Modesto area yet!! One of which (and I'm telling which one) will keep you guessing for awhile! :laughing::rolleyes:

(Just trying to keep the pace with those Stocktonites) :rolleyes:

I think a few is ok but when you got 11-15 of them, :rolleyes: I found a few with that many in there hands!

That's the way Jeep has been distributing all those jeeps. They have been handing out hand fulls to certain cachers whom then spread the wealth. Remember it's an over whelming chore to stash thousands of Travel Bugs. Networking is the only way. I'm sure you'll have a jeep one day and if not, I'll let you look at my jeep after the presentation. [You don't think Jeep wants me farming with a Ford Bronko do you?!] :laughing:

Sure would like to get Locked in a Cubical off my not found list. Bill what's the new word on this guy.

Also for the fellow cachers that have found Old City Hall gcg9ub is that one still around? Been out there a few times and came up empty handed and have not got a response back from owner, so maybe someone else could help out?

I think a few is ok but when you got 11-15 of them,  :rolleyes: I found a few with that many in there hands!

That's the way Jeep has been distributing all those jeeps. They have been handing out hand fulls to certain cachers whom then spread the wealth. Remember it's an over whelming chore to stash thousands of Travel Bugs. Networking is the only way. I'm sure you'll have a jeep one day and if not, I'll let you look at my jeep after the presentation. [You don't think Jeep wants me farming with a Ford Bronko do you?!] :laughing:

This we know!!!! But THEY FOUND ALL OF THEM!!! THATS MY POINT HERE!!

Edited by BKSGRB
...Locked in a Cubical...

...Old City Hall gcg9ub...

Locked in a Cubical keeps getting muggled as fast as I stash the puzzle. Perhaps I need to chose a better location for the puzzle and maybe even the cache. It all requires time but I think it's worth it as there's not other puzzle like Locked in a Cubical. Keep WATCHING for any changes. (Estimated time: 2 months)

Manteca's OCH? I'll send you an email to try to enlighten you. :rolleyes:

Gathering? oh boy. When? Where? Food? Oh boy.. Finally finding some time to get out and about and do a bit of caching. Made a couple big runs and finally got past that 500 mark. Still trying to think up something devious to plant here in my new hometown. Have nothing here since my Sprekels Park cache disappeared. Soon.... sooonnnn........

...I guess I'll have to go down to Ripon soon and clear up that new cache too. LOL

OK, Show us your stuff... missy! :rolleyes: [Did you hear it? Unmistakable. Wasn't it!?!] :laughing:

I definitely heard it.... WAAAAYYYY over here in Modesto!! :rolleyes:

Geez, we heard you all the way down here in Merced.

And we say "Outrageous Fortunes, You Go Girl!!" :rolleyes:

...I guess I'll have to go down to Ripon soon and clear up that new cache too. LOL

OK, Show us your stuff... missy! :wacko: [Did you hear it? Unmistakable. Wasn't it!?!] :(

I definitely heard it.... WAAAAYYYY over here in Modesto!! :D

The gauntlet being dropped again? hmmmm..... I might have to call in sick tomorrow and devote the whole day to getting a male FTF on that one then. :wacko:

OK, Show us your stuff... missy! :wacko: [Did you hear it? Unmistakable. Wasn't it!?!] :D

The gauntlet being dropped again? hmmmm..... I might have to call in sick tomorrow and devote the whole day to getting a male FTF on that one then. :(

uhhh wait. Sanruft don't read that last post! *cought - cough* :wacko:

OK, Show us your stuff... missy! B) [Did you hear it? Unmistakable. Wasn't it!?!] B)

The gauntlet being dropped again? hmmmm..... I might have to call in sick tomorrow and devote the whole day to getting a male FTF on that one then. ;)

uhhh wait. Sanruft don't read that last post! *cought - cough* B)

As we are in the same office, unfortunately I seem to be coming down with the same symptoms...cough, sneeze B)