Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

B) good cache page Ryan

Event Cache

anyway I'm loving the fact that you can't log the finds that you are going to make at the event becuase you recorded it to your account!! :) or would that be bad for for me and Laura to log it because we made them.. B) tough decision. anyway I hope ya'll can come....bring TB's by the way and we'll see who can get them moving!!

What? I have not problems with Ryan logging the Gathering as a find. If he hides extra caches and then logs them (same thing goes for anyone involved in knowing where the hides are), then there'd be problems.

As an example, the last Coffee Gathering I was very involved in. In fact, I hide all the bonus courses with StashSeeker. Neither of us were able to log any bonuses but we did log the gathering. I'd say we earned a find after all the hours of planning and walking and preparing. It's my guess Ryan, Peter and Rambow (notice the 'w' added) are all going to log the gathering as a find.

Now, I have more important things to do. I'm off to save the CVC male image from the gutter to which it lay. B)

West Nile!!!!!    :blink:   

The picture looks more like Mad Cow's Disease!!!  :o  :o

edit:  I was referring to the old avatar!  I didn't notice that you had changed it!  ;)

Ya! The new icon says B-B-Que all over it.

-------

Looking forward to the Gathering (even though there's no Que going). :blink: Maybe Ron will show up since it's so close to him. :huh:

I just might have to bring a steak for you!!! Na also....My cow is way cooler than that stupid camel..I mean really..who eats a camel!!???

Also everyone better sign up for the event because its going to be awesome and we're all going to log it as a find :huh: hehehehe

I just might have to bring a steak for you!!! Na also....My cow is way cooler than that stupid camel..I mean really..who eats a camel!!???

Eat! :huh: Camel!!!!! :blink: That is my friend. There will be no eating of my friend! :huh: When I grow up I wanna be a camel! LOL :blink::o There will be no eating of my friend!

Edited by Camel680
Hello There Ron,

I met you awhile back at a cache near Ben Holt in Stockton. Glad to see that you still have interest in this GeoCaching thing. Maybe to get you back into it you should try this one: GC15A2 Sonora Cache by Ruprecht-Seamus It is to Die for! :blink: Simply Awesome! :huh: Looking forward to doing your caches around Camanche & Pardee in the near future.

Take care & hope to see you around soon!

Sal of JeepySr

Ok why did I fall for this. Today I went up and did this cache and got the YJTB. It only said 2 miles distance on my GPS.....8.6 miles and 3.5 hours later I was back at the truck with that bad boy. Can anybody say pulminary edema???? Great cache! I agree. just don't go hikin' and cachin' at sea level the day before you go and try this one. I really think Ron would like it! The views are awesome. Now to go and rest these dogs for they are tired!

Peace!

Eat! :huh: Camel!!!!! :blink: That is my friend. There will be no eating of my friend! :blink: When I grow up I wanna be a camel! LOL :o:huh: There will be no eating of my friend!

Camel? Do they taste like goat?? I know they're larger so they have more meat! Hummm!?! ;)

BYW guys... you can show your faces around CVC again. Indiana Jones no longer has all women finders. I sure hope this stops the abuse. :o

Hello There Ron,

I met you awhile back at  a cache near Ben Holt in Stockton. Glad to see that you still have interest in this GeoCaching thing. Maybe to get you back into it you should try this one: GC15A2 Sonora Cache by Ruprecht-Seamus  It is to Die for!  :huh: Simply Awesome! :o  Looking forward to doing your caches around Camanche & Pardee in the near future.

Take care & hope to see you around soon!

Sal of JeepySr

Ok why did I fall for this. Today I went up and did this cache and got the YJTB. It only said 2 miles distance on my GPS.....8.6 miles and 3.5 hours later I was back at the truck with that bad boy. Can anybody say pulminary edema???? Great cache! I agree. just don't go hikin' and cachin' at sea level the day before you go and try this one. I really think Ron would like it! The views are awesome. Now to go and rest these dogs for they are tired!

Peace!

Alright! Way to go wildlifeguy!!! :blink: You know, there was almost no activity at this cache site for about a year now, then all of a sudden You & I do it within 2 days of each other!!??? :blink: I had second thoughts about dropping that YJTB into that cache because of the low cache finds. It was like sending The YJTB in to exile! I thought it was going to be snowed in till next spring thaw! You know you could've just asked me for the YJTB & I would've saved you the trouble. :huh::o;) Just kidding, It was a cool hike & more than alittle nerve racking getting to the cache site! It's sure nice to know there are some real hardcore cachers out there. We may have to hook up & do some really hardcore challenges in the near future. Z had recent foot surgery so is kinda out of the hardcore stuff for awhile. My father came along with me on the Sonora cache hike. The man is only 73yrs old & it was all I could do to stay one step ahead him! Anyway, I have 1 more YJTB that I was going to drop into a cache called Eagles Erye just above Strawberry. The cache has been there for about a year now with no one to log a FTF! You have to have a 4x4 to get to the cache site & my father & I got to within 1.9 miles of the cache & had to turn around due to darkness.(we got a late start, after completing Sonora cache) The Jeep trail was alittle hairy & we had to lock it into 4WD but it wasn't that bad, but I wasn't about to try it in total darkness! May have to give it a go in a few weeks, interested?

Well, take care & again great job!

Sal of JeepySr

BYW guys...  you can show your faces around CVC again. Indiana Jones no longer has all women finders. I sure hope this stops the abuse.  :blink:

Congrats Green Achers on your outstanding performance on Indiana Jones. You work well under pressure - even with spies watching. :huh:

See --- nothing abusive (for a change :blink: )

BTW, wasn't that a female Black Widow that pointed your way to one of the stages?

BTW guys... you can show your faces around CVC again. Indiana Jones no longer has all women finders. I sure hope this stops the abuse. ;)

Congratulations Green Achers! :D

I guess you chose wisely every step of the way. And wasn't it a fun cache? I understood that heiroglyphics were not necessarily written right to left, but rather written as a compact work of art and flowing from a speaker's mouth, be it left or right. Anyway, left, right, up, or down, this was a FUN cache. Great job!

I understood that heiroglyphics were not necessarily written right to left, but rather written as a compact work of art and flowing from a speaker's mouth, be it left or right. Anyway, left, right, up, or down, this was a FUN cache. Great job!

Like I said I didn't do the cache, my dad did. ;) LoL

Alright! Way to go wildlifeguy!!! :D You know, there was almost no activity at this cache site for about a year now, then all of a sudden You & I do it within 2 days of each other!!??? ;) I had second thoughts about dropping that YJTB into that cache because of the low cache finds. It was like sending The YJTB in to exile! I thought it was going to be snowed in till next spring thaw! You know you could've just asked me for the YJTB & I would've saved you the trouble. :lol::lol::lol: Just kidding, It was a cool hike & more than alittle nerve racking getting to the cache site! It's sure nice to know there are some real hardcore cachers out there. We may have to hook up & do some really hardcore challenges in the near future. Z had recent foot surgery so is kinda out of the hardcore stuff for awhile. My father came along with me on the Sonora cache hike. The man is only 73yrs old & it was all I could do to stay one step ahead him! Anyway, I have 1 more YJTB that I was going to drop into a cache called Eagles Erye just above Strawberry. The cache has been there for about a year now with no one to log a FTF! You have to have a 4x4 to get to the cache site & my father & I got to within 1.9 miles of the cache & had to turn around due to darkness.(we got a late start, after completing Sonora cache) The Jeep trail was alittle hairy & we had to lock it into 4WD but it wasn't that bad, but I wasn't about to try it in total darkness! May have to give it a go in a few weeks, interested?

Well, take care & again great job!

Sal of JeepySr

Jeepy SR in a short answer, Yes! I would love to go up to eagles eyrie. I looks like a great cache.

Another cache you may want to look at when it cools down and before it rains is AHHH-HA-HA-HA by Terrier Carrier (GCG5CR). Its only rated a 4.5/5!!!! Takes a 4x4 for the stream crossing but some have done it without. I am tempted to try in my 2 wheel drive suburban but am leary of doing it alone. Why I'm leary of this one alone and not Sonora cache??? There was a well defined trail to Sonora cache and I guess that there is a lot of manzanita bashing to AHHH-Ha-ha.

I'll need a couple of days to recoup from Sonora before I'm ready to hit any hard ones. Plus the wife has been shaking the honey do jar and I'll need to dive into that the rest of the week and this weekend. I think we might be going camping next week but keep me informed on when you want to do Eagles and I'm sure I can wedge a hole in my schedule to go along. Thanks for the invite!

Peace!

Camel? Do they taste like goat?? I know they're larger so they have more meat! Hummm!?! :lol:

Not goat. More like Buffalo! ;)

I heard the hump meat is quite the delicacy. Lots of fat and marbling. Melt in your mouth tender. I think cachecow's cow has Bovine spongiform encyphalitis! :D:lol:

peace!

How do we get so far off topic so quickly? HAHA

Camel? Do they taste like goat?? I know they're larger so they have more meat! Hummm!?! :lol:

Not goat. More like Buffalo! ;)

I heard the hump meat is quite the delicacy. Lots of fat and marbling. Melt in your mouth tender. I think cachecow's cow has Bovine spongiform encyphalitis! :D:lol:

peace!

I have seen the Camel...Trust me, not very appetizing!

Camel? Do they taste like goat?? I know they're larger so they have more meat! Hummm!?! ;)

Whole Stuffed Camel

by Mirj

1 whole camel, medium size

1 whole lamb, large size

20 whole chickens, medium size

60 eggs

12 kg rice

2 kg pine nuts

2 kg almonds

1 kg pistachio nut

110 gallons water

5 lbs black pepper

salt to taste

100 servings | 10 hours 0 minutes cook time 2 hr 0 mins prep time

1. Skin, trim and clean camel (once you get over the hump), lamb and chicken.

2. Boil until tender.

3. Cook rice until fluffy.

4. Fry nuts until brown and mix with rice.

5. Hard boil eggs and peel.

6. Stuff cooked chickens with hard boiled eggs and rice.

7. Stuff the cooked lamb with stuffed chickens.

8. Add more rice.

9. Stuff the camel with the stuffed lamb and add rest of rice.

10. Broil over large charcoal pit until brown.

11. Spread any remaining rice on large tray and place camel on top of rice.

12. Decorate with boiled eggs and nuts.

13. Serves a friendly crowd of 80-100.

Alright! I'm committed. (You know what I mean too).

So, if camel taste like buffalo... and I've had some great Buffalo Jerky... we're in for a great treat at the Gathering. Right?

Now all this talk about off-road cache hunting. I sure wish I had a life that allowed that kind of free time. We're finishing one harvest and getting ready for the next. A have a Pygmy goat from Micky Grove Zoo that's joined the delivery room and it looks like she'll be first. (Stop! I know you're thinking food again. Stop it now!) Think lots of kid goats and hours to days away. No time for caching. :rolleyes:

Hey Bill, about my Geocoin 0138, I looked on the site today and it says that I logged it in already....Is there something I'm missing or am I looking at the wrong geocoin?

Yes, you're missing mileage! Your CA Geocoin is only ranked in the top 10 for total miles but it's really even higher. Notice how it doesn't get credit for any miles between the place you dropped it and the next place it was dropped. That's because you only started the coin but never dropped it via a log. It's my guess Marky will need to step into the picture to fix things. But first, give it a try... write a drop log and make sure you add the old date and waypoint (less the 'GC' portion). Let me know if I lost you here. It's worth a lot of miles to you!

Hey, that was unfair. You got me talking about Geocaching when food was the subject. LOL.

More Ripon Cachers? Well, that's got to be the whole darn town's involved now! Whew-hoow! Welcome Riponites. We're gettin' ready for grub and how ya'll join us.

[breaking news: First two kids arrived. More on the way soon! :blink: It's worse than I thought. No caching and no sleep! :rolleyes: ]

Edited by Green Achers
Ripon Caches....HAH!!! Try some STOCKTON Caches...They're way betterer.... :rolleyes:

Any way I'll need to hook a ride with the Tek's to go and get any more than 5 miles from my house.

BTW has any one done the American River Bike trail caches?! I heard they're great and we might go do them later this year.

With only 48 TDC finds how would you know what is better or NOT! ;)

Still got rookie stripe on..... :blink:

Happy Caching!!!!!

Hey Bill, about my Geocoin 0138, I looked on the site today and it says that I logged it in already....Is there something I'm missing or am I looking at the wrong geocoin?

Yes, you're missing mileage! Your CA Geocoin is only ranked in the top 10 for total miles but it's really even higher. Notice how it doesn't get credit for any miles between the place you dropped it and the next place it was dropped. That's because you only started the coin but never dropped it via a log. It's my guess Marky will need to step into the picture to fix things. But first, give it a try... write a drop log and make sure you add the old date and waypoint (less the 'GC' portion). Let me know if I lost you here. It's worth a lot of miles to you!

Back dating a missing drop should fix up the mileage. Just make sure to drop it at least one day before the drop it preceeds (i.e. don't drop it on the same day as an existing drop). Let me know if it doesn't fix it and I can fix it up for you.

--Marky

Edited by Marky
Ripon Caches....HAH!!! Try some STOCKTON Caches...They're way betterer.... :huh:

Any way I'll need to hook a ride with the Tek's to go and get any more than 5 miles from my house.

BTW has any one done the American River Bike trail caches?! I heard they're great and we might go do them later this year.

hmmm...I've been to both places and must say that overall (per ratio of caches for city size) Ripon has Stockton beat by a wide margin. There are some excellent caches in both cities.

On another note, I have recently placed 9 in the Modesto area, one of which will surely stump the cachecow group and the Ryanctek group...I may even fool Bill! (Not sure about that last one though)

On another note, I have recently placed 9 in the Modesto area, one of which will surely stump the cachecow group and the Ryanctek group...I may even fool Bill! (Not sure about that last one though)

I think I just heard the glove hit the ground for the challenge...... wait.... yes. Challenge was definitely laid out! :huh:

Ripon Caches....HAH!!! Try some STOCKTON Caches...They're way betterer.... :huh:

BTW that was sarcasim...and if you'd stop geocaching for 2 seconds you'd probably realize that..

And it's 58 FYI

Ripon Caches....HAH!!! Try some STOCKTON Caches...They're way betterer.... :o

Any way I'll need to hook a ride with the Tek's to  go and get any more than 5 miles from my house.

BTW that was sarcasim...and if you'd stop geocaching for 2 seconds you'd probably realize that..

And it's 58 FYI

no need to get upset cachecow. I'm sure they were just teasing a little as were you.

Can't we all just get along?!?! :huh:

I think I just heard the glove hit the ground for the challenge...... wait.... yes. Challenge was definitely laid out! :o

Ya. I heard it over here too. That was an un-mistakable challenge. Wasn't it?!

As far as Ripon... did that say caches? I read it as Cachers. Guess I missed yet another FTF opportunity. No worries though as I'm getting used to the abuse. :o

BTW, I'm really getting a kick out of the friendly kidding and clever humor. In keeping, I caught on to CacheCow's sense of rivalry and knew he'd have to eat those words. I was leaning towards making him hunt all the Ripon caches though. :o I will admit, I've hunted some nice challenges in Stockton (and there's that one DNF that everyone else is now finding but me) but other wise Ripon is doing rather well per capita! :huh:

Edited by Green Achers

I think I just heard the glove hit the ground for the challenge...... wait.... yes. Challenge was definitely laid out! :o

Ya. I heard it over here too. That was an un-mistakable challenge. Wasn't it?!

As far as Ripon... did that say caches? I read it as Cachers. Guess I missed yet another FTF opportunity. No worries though as I'm getting used to the abuse. :o

BTW, I'm really getting a kick out of the friendly kidding and clever humor. In keeping, I caught on to CacheCow's sense of rivalry and knew he'd have to eat those words. I was leaning towards making him hunt all the Ripon caches though. :o I will admit, I've hunted some nice challenges in Stockton (and there's that one DNF that everyone else is now finding but me) but other wise Ripon is doing rather well per capita! ;)

are we talking human population or geocacher population?

cuz im sure you got us beat in that department...anyway sorry to blow a gasket

i got upset :huh:

I'm from the East Bay and went caching in Tracy for the first time Sunday. Found a cache Sunday and noticed it was archived Monday. It appears that Madcacher has archived all his caches. This opens up a lot of areas in Tracy for more caches.

Someone must capitalize...It is prime cachestate (as opposed to real estate) anyway...get out there people...and sign up for the event!!!

Not to take away from all of our silliness but.....

Congratulations to McGeode  for reaching their 200th find the other day.  at my Milestones cache.

:) Please go ahead, take away from the silliness. :)

...After all that was an important announcement! :lol:

Thanks!

Dennis (D of MCgeoDE)

I am trying to come up with a sequel to my milestone's cache so that one can have a really good cache for their milestone. As the first one was kinda dull..... I don't really even like doind too many of those types of caches anymore. Or maybe I'll just make this one different but int he same spot! who knows.

and cachecows and camel.....stop fighting

No fighting between the cows and the camels. us animals gotta stick together. I was just trying to keep the peace! :lol:

I agree 'cuz us sharks are peace loving animals....

Where'd all the fish go? :) No feudin'?? Well, we're all family. There's no feudin' going on here.

Looks like I better get over to A Toast to Marky and Joani. I thought I was babysitting it well enough but since it just got put on hold due to all the DNF's (each of which I've personally responded to), I guess I'm failing. Would one of those DNF's that now have special spoilers please get the joy. Otherwise I'll be there Monday!?! :)