Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

Thanks to all that responded to my question... We went with a palmone zire 72. Down loaded all the support programs and tried them. Liked a few things about them all!!!!! Looks like the winners are GSAK with cachemate for now. Now if someone can just take a little of this and that and make a program with it all...lol....ok maybe iam dreaming now...But looks like this will get the job done.

Thanks for all the feed back..

Also just a note: updated to a Meridian Color and WOW!!! How nice of a change that was!Love it and has been A+ so far!

....Down loaded all the support programs and tried them. Liked a few things about them all!!!!! Looks like the winners are GSAK with cachemate for now.  Now if someone can just take a little of this and that and make a program with it all....

It would be interesting to learn what features put Cachemate over the top for you. What does it have that the others do not, and what do the others have that Cachemate lacks? As a brand new user of Plucker I am not yet wedded to anything. Since you have done all the research, can we pick your brain? :huh:

....Down loaded all the support programs and tried them. Liked a few things about them all!!!!! Looks like the winners are GSAK with cachemate for now.  Now if someone can just take a little of this and that and make a program with it all....

It would be interesting to learn what features put Cachemate over the top for you. What does it have that the others do not, and what do the others have that Cachemate lacks? As a brand new user of Plucker I am not yet wedded to anything. Since you have done all the research, can we pick your brain? :huh:

Well here's my side of the deal, After trying them out On the Plucker side I didnot like going to the GPX spinner and then to plucker and then to pda ect. With the gsak once the file(s) is in gsak you hit the cachemate button and its in there, my pda screen comes up and there on there way, was a very fast thing for me. Just seems so easier to use them and that way, I hope thats makes sense?? Also in the gsak I really like how its laid out and what you can do in there ect...still learning the ropes there but we seem to like it over the rest. On plucker the lay out like the website was great, but it dont seem you can do much there like in cachemate. In cachemate being able to log it and then it moving it into a file that shows you that you fond it was the bottom line for me. After doing an all day cache run, and doing it with zero paper, we had to beable to see what was found and not. 20 to 30 caches in a day...well My memory is not that good. Also being able to track tbs on it and took/left notes was that deal for us. But then again this is all in the last two days for us and we will see what the next day brings. Will be doing about 15 caches in Sac. on 9-1- useing both programs so stay stuned for more info. on that.

One last note when downlading waypoints from gsak to gpsr was very smooth and just seem to fit me better.

Hope this helps out? may not make any sense to anyone or it mite?

I sure hope Team GUI forgives me for telling her a BFL today. :D

Team GUI found Indiana Jones and The Temple of Cache (Unknown (Mystery) Cache)

Hey guys - where are you? Only the females can find this cache? 

I received a phone call from Green Achers this morning asking me to meet him at the temple. He was pretty vague about the reason and being busy, I was pretty reticent to meet him. After some cajoling on his part, I agreed to show up. No Green Achers --- HOWEVER, sitting there patiently waiting was my daughter from New Jersey! A surprise visit!! Green Achers and she hatched the plot to have the surprise take place at the temple. First some lunch then we braved the wild dogs, dust storms, barbed wire, etc. and completed the journey. Took the travel bug, left sunglasses and a stress ball. (You may need the latter after completing this cache.) Nice to meet Tek's dad. He came out to greet us. Thanks for the cache.

I sure hope Team GUI forgives me for telling her a BFL today.

You are forgiven Mr. Achers. BRS and I had a great time today. Tomorrow we will try to find your DNFs!!!

We enjoyed the Indiana Jones cache but can't figure out why only women can find it.

Women 3 Men 0

Of course it does take advanced intelligence along with logical thinking skills and perseverance. Perhaps that is the explanation.

gauntlet? What gauntlet?

:D

I have to get my sorry butt up at 6

sorry butt is right!! :D

:D sorry butt is Right! again!!!!! Ryan what did you do?!?!?! Well I guess that means you're out of the running for the credit for el cache de evento but you can still write it up :D and find the caches too...if you can anyway Laura is a very splendid person and I was glad to meet her. Everyone watch out!! Two very devious minds at work!!!

I have to get my sorry butt up at 6

sorry butt is right!! :anitongue:

:lol: sorry butt is Right! again!!!!! Ryan what did you do?!?!?! Well I guess that means you're out of the running for the credit for el cache de evento but you can still write it up :anitongue: and find the caches too...if you can anyway Laura is a very splendid person and I was glad to meet her. Everyone watch out!! Two very devious minds at work!!!

:D

My sorry a** coach made us practice todady at 8 in the morning to warm up for the game at 10 :D . Anyways we beat Davis 49-7 so it wasn't a day that was totally lost. :D BTW the cache page looks great if I do say so myself.......I'm also maybe even having a simple class on how to do HTML for your cache pages so we can get everybody's to look great, because I've had a couple people on how to do it...

Edited by ryanctek
We enjoyed the Indiana Jones cache but can't figure out why only women can find it.

Women 3 Men 0

Of course it does take advanced intelligence along with logical thinking skills and perseverance. Perhaps that is the explanation.

CONGRATULATIONS Valerie and daughter on finding Indian Jones and the Temple of Cache! :lol:

I don't understand why men aren't looking for this cache. Is is because of the barbed wire, trained attack dogs, poisonous snakes, black widow spiders, dangerous cliffs, dust storms, chamber of spikes, or the heiroglyphics? What's the problem, it's just a typical RyanCTek cache! (I think he learned most of what he knows from Ron Streeter!) Seriously folks, this is a fun cache. Go for it.

Hope everyone can come to our Event Cache on October 2nd. CacheCows209 and I are working on a fun cache course to entertain everyone.

I have been meaning to go out and place a few more caches and have had them ready for quite some time, so they are finally making their way into the world of caching.

I have placed several over the weekend, six of which are already approved. (They are approving caches rather quickly these days!)

Nothing to compare with Ryan's up north, but it gives you some alternate targets! :lol:

Happy Labor Day Weekend!!

Edited by Sanruft

Women 3  Men  0

Of course it does take advanced intelligence along with logical thinking skills and perseverance.  Perhaps that is the explanation.

CONGRATULATIONS Valerie and daughter on finding Indian Jones and the Temple of Cache! ;)

I don't understand why men aren't looking for this cache. Is is because of the barbed wire, trained attack dogs, poisonous snakes, black widow spiders, dangerous cliffs, dust storms, chamber of spikes, or the heiroglyphics? What's the problem, it's just a typical RyanCTek cache! (I think he learned most of what he knows from Ron Streeter!) Seriously folks, this is a fun cache. Go for it.

SPIDERS??? ummm....The ladies can go kill them for me first! ;):lol:

Thank you Stocktonites! ;);):lol:

A little group of 13 RCGDS members (6 teams) went south of Lodi and had a fun time blitzing Stockton today.

We had 22 finds and only 2 DNF's.

It's a joy to visit another area and see new, very creative hides.

Lots of clever ones today...a few were close to evil. :lol:

Ryanctek, Cachecows and Outrageous Fortunes will have a few emails in their inbox tonight.

Thanks again,

Alan GeoSharks and the rest of the blitz members.

Edited by GeoSharks
Thank you Stocktonites! ;);):lol:

A little group of 13 RCGDS members (6 teams) went south of Lodi and had a fun time blitzing Stockton today.

We had 22 finds and only 2 DNF's.

It's a joy to visit another area and see new, very creative hides.

Lots of clever ones today...a few were close to evil. :lol:

Ryanctek, Cachecows and Outrageous Fortunes will have a few emails in their inbox tonight.

Thanks again,

Alan GeoSharks and the rest of the blitz members.

a few emails?!!! I had 162 messages in my indox for caches i am watching which include most of the ones you guys found. Anyway sorry about Op Stump Tek #2...It was out again and I forgot to reboot the cache page. Anyway...good job!!

I'm back !

No, not really. Just saw that the SAC group had come to Stockton and it brought back memories of days gone by.

Speaking of which, is there a site anywhere that lists the top 10 finders/placers around the world? I know several of the bay area cachers are in the 4K to 5K range for finds, though for the life of me I can't imagine how the "sport" can still demand that much attention after "x" number of finds!

Ron

I'm back !

No, not really. Just saw that the SAC group had come to Stockton and it brought back memories of days gone by.

Speaking of which, is there a site anywhere that lists the top 10 finders/placers around the world? I know several of the bay area cachers are in the 4K to 5K range for finds, though for the life of me I can't imagine how the "sport" can still demand that much attention after "x" number of finds!

Ron

Ron? Ron Streeter?? Is that you, our old friend? Do you see the damage you've caused in this area!? We're hooked... dedicated... absorbed. In fact, we're enjoying every adventure.

Those mega-finders... I'm not sure they remember much of the caches they've ''found.'' Since there's a few cachers that commonly go out in teams and find 60 to 70 or more caches per day, I'm guessing they only see about half and enjoy much less.

As far as a leaders board... I think the only currect records are far from real. It's based on each cacher signing in and updating their own records. This is not like the earlier tracking system that included all cachers - grabbing data each night. In otherwords, there's no way to really check who's in what place.

The main thing is to enjoy yourself and don't let the ladies be the only finder of a given cache or you'll never hear the end of it. :D:blink:

Ah, Ladies?! I hear you. We hear you. And pritty soon, the whole CVC will hear you. Don't hold back in your moment of glory. LOL

Now, I need to figure out where I put those darn keys to the Geo-Mobile. One of the men are going to need to end this abuse and it may as well be me. :D

Speaking of which, is there a site anywhere that lists the top 10 finders/placers around the world?

Ron, we did not make this list :blink:

http://boulter.com/geocaching/leaders/?groupID=3

Don

Thanks Ron,

That's one of the best leader trackers currently available even though it is still missing many cachers. It list me as 60th place but doesn't list Ryan whom is ahead of me. Also, I couldn't figure out how to scroll through the list but found this at the same site...

Leaders.

Who is Ron?

Don

who is ron? hah!!! Ron is one osf the foremost geocachers in our area. he basically brought geocaching here from what I've heard. He is also one of the most prestigious hiders of the cache with well over 100. He has some great caches to find and is almost at 1000 found. His caches are well thought out and tricky.

Anyway...someone else want to chime in?!

Who is Ron?

Don

who is ron? hah!!! Ron is one osf the foremost geocachers in our area. he basically brought geocaching here from what I've heard. He is also one of the most prestigious hiders of the cache with well over 100. He has some great caches to find and is almost at 1000 found. His caches are well thought out and tricky.

Anyway...someone else want to chime in?!

We 2 that!

Some of are best finds have been of Rons. Just wished he had more time now to hide some more! When I want to hide a cache I some times think....well what would Ron do or a few others out there... It looks like we got to meet Ron just as he was starting to slow down a bit....For all you new cacher's out there you will enjoy looking for and finding his caches... If Geocaching had or will ever have a Hall of Fame .. We vote him in!

To try and bring Ron back, I am thinking up a truely devious cache involving a long hike, a tall mountain, and only one point of access that is miles and miles away from nowhere!!!!! :blink::D Now all I have to do is wait for the weather to cool so I don't die of dehydration placing this bad boy.

Peace!

Now that's the kind of cache I have dreamed about...one that only the true die-hard hiker/cacher will go for. That was the impetus behind my set of caches at a nearby resevoir. Only a few cachers have gone the distance.

Still busy with other interests though, and hot weather is not THIS cacher's friend.

Thanks for all the kind words above. I still have a few "evil" ideas left in me....maybe someday.

Ron

P.S. Hi Don!

I'm back !

Ron

TO ALL OF THE CVC,

I myself was looking for a site or something that would track your finds and have a run down on them. After reading Rons post and seeing the other things that were posted I did some home work on this. My idea is to have a CVC site for the greater Valley for all CVC cachers. Just like the Bay Area one. So my question to all of you, Is this something you would want and use??? Any feed back or suggestions would be great. I have been in contact with Jeff @ boulter.com who makes the list of the Bay Area and others. Jeff has offered to set this up for us, but again I would like to get all of your feed back first.

If this is something that you all would like, I will donate my time to help set it up and help Jeff out if there is any thing he will need.

Thanks,

BKSGRB

Where do we get the CVC log from? Cant get it off the forum...tried every thing or just dont know the trick?

Well, Macintoshes can pick any image but how do you do that with a PC, I don't know. Send me an email and I'll mail it to you. [sorry that I don't have your e-ddress.]

Wow, First Ron. Now Pat. What's going on here. Is there really life in the valley of the dead? :) Welcome back all. How about us offing CacheCow's logo and having a celebration?! B)

To try and bring Ron back, I am thinking up a truely devious cache involving a long hike, a tall mountain, and only one point of access that is miles and miles away from nowhere!!!!! :)  B) Now all I have to do is wait for the weather to cool so I don't die of dehydration placing this bad boy.

Peace!

Now that's the kind of cache I have dreamed about...one that only the true die-hard hiker/cacher will go for. That was the impetus behind my set of caches at a nearby resevoir. Only a few cachers have gone the distance.

Still busy with other interests though, and hot weather is not THIS cacher's friend.

Thanks for all the kind words above. I still have a few "evil" ideas left in me....maybe someday.

Ron

P.S. Hi Don!

Hello There Ron,

I met you awhile back at a cache near Ben Holt in Stockton. Glad to see that you still have interest in this GeoCaching thing. Maybe to get you back into it you should try this one: GC15A2 Sonora Cache by Ruprecht-Seamus It is to Die for! B) Simply Awesome! B) Looking forward to doing your caches around Camanche & Pardee in the near future.

Take care & hope to see you around soon!

Sal of JeepySr

Where do we get the CVC log from? Cant get it off the forum...tried every thing or just dont know the trick?

Just right click on the picture or logo or whatever and "save picture as...." It's really easy.

Cachecows209, you asked if you can log CVC Tag!!! more than once. Yes, you can, but you have to let two other cachers find it before you go after it again. (Can you really ride that bike of yours all the way to Merced? B) I'm impressed!)

Just right click on the picture or logo or whatever and "save picture as...." It's really easy.

Cachecows209, you asked if you can log CVC Tag!!! more than once. Yes, you can, but you have to let two other cachers find it before you go after it again. (Can you really ride that bike of yours all the way to Merced? B) I'm impressed!)

Tried that too..

Thanks any way.. was able to get it the hard way lol......

oh yah and Bill for the last time...

YOU CANT COOK MY COW..........HE HAS WEST NILE AND YOU WILL DIE!!!! B)

West Nile!!!!! B)

The picture looks more like Mad Cow's Disease!!! :)B)

edit: I was referring to the old avatar! I didn't notice that you had changed it! B)

Edited by Camel680
West Nile!!!!! B)

The picture looks more like Mad Cow's Disease!!! B)B)

edit: I was referring to the old avatar! I didn't notice that you had changed it! B)

Ya! The new icon says B-B-Que all over it.

-------

Looking forward to the Gathering (even though there's no Que going). :) Maybe Ron will show up since it's so close to him. B)