Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

...The last 2 were in highly populated area at the time I went.

Same here but that stops me a lot less now days. I've found most people will see me and think I'm just another nut on the street. This worries me only if they know me (and don't know I'm a cacher). As far as giving up a location... most caches can't be easily found by a cacher, let alone a muggle. I say suck it up and go for it. LOL <_<

For example... today I got down on my knees around every outside table looking for a magnet cache that wasn't at the busy lunch time crowds location. Talk about drawing attention. I thought someone was going to buy me lunch!

Speaking of DNF's, go ahead and celebrate Ryan. Zero for two today. :ph34r::unsure:<_< Just remember - what goes around, comes around. :huh:

Ryan I like how your complainin when you placed some caches like 4th of July #4!!! You don't like digging through bushes with garbage and bamboo is no different!!!!

Ups. I know where someone got stuck. LOL. Hang in there Peter. If you're beating the bush, you're trying too hard. I almost always regret going head strong after a cache as they most always are tests for your mind. You can make it! <_<

Breaking news...

Monday, August 23, 2004

JeepySr found Ali's Cache (Traditional Cache)     

FTF! Awesome! Quite possibly the best cache to date! It all started out this morning @ 6:30am. Walk up to to site & said Hmmm,.... Looked & Looked Nope, no cache. Let's see, re-read the cache descriptions. Good to go again I know where it has to be now. Nope! Checked another spot. Nope! Come on this can't be happening! Wait a minute, there it is! Can't get it. E-mail to OF's saying the cache may be stuck somewhere. E-mail back from OF's no that's not it. DOH! Decide to go get Z after work. Z never fails me. Back at the park by 4:00pm. No one has FTF yet I'm getting antsy now, any minute someone's going to come up & beat us to this cache. Z & I decide We put coords in wrong. 4:30pm Back to house to verify coords, get Z's GPS as well & head back! Take the Freeway this time to get there faster. Really antsy now, I just know someone is going to be FTF before we get back to the area. 5:10pm pull into parking lot & can clearly see other cachers at the site NOooooo! Suck it up & walk out there anyway. Nice to meet Team GUI. Very nice & pleasent cachers. Explain how many times I've been out here,

then both Z & I. Find out Team GUI hasn't located cache yet!(there's still hope) Anyway after introductions, we begin to search again. Then another team comes walking up!! It was the dadwool clan from Lodi! We all go over everything again. Z searching frantically again(he never stops). Goes to the spot that I checked 3, yes 3 times! Z finds it this time!We all concluded that the coords were off. The only things that were off were us! Nice find Z! Saved us again! Great meeting everyone out here today & hope to see you all soon again! It was fun to put faces to names. We had our own little cache event going for awhile. What a GREAT cache today!!! You almost had 3 DNF's today Ali! Whew!

TFTC

Took Glitter pen, Batteries

Left Will return with a TB

SL

Isn't that really close to where I was waiting for Tag to get reposted. Geez - nine hours and no one's posted jack. They build a heck of a TeePee but need to work on sharing a little. <_< I'm sure there'll be a good story. :unsure:

QUOTE (Green Achers @ Aug 22 2004, 08:38 PM)

Hey Stocktonians! What's going on with your patrism? Why have only two of us completed the 4th of July Series Caches? Humm???

Make that four of us please!!

Got this one today! Took 1hour and 55 mins. to complete. :unsure:

Got to #4 on magnetic tour today and well we will email tek! <_<

Geez - nine hours and no one's posted jack. They build a heck of a TeePee but need to work on sharing a little.  <_< I'm sure there'll be a good story.  :unsure:

Uh, Bill. Are you still hanging around Stockton waiting the the new coords to be posted for tag? Maybe that was your bed over by 4th of July finale!

I think maybe$ATM$ needs to adjust your meds. :ph34r:

Geez - nine hours and no one's posted jack. They build a heck of a TeePee but need to work on sharing a little.  <_< I'm sure there'll be a good story.  :unsure:

Uh, Bill. Are you still hanging around Stockton waiting the the new coords to be posted for tag? Maybe that was your bed over by 4th of July finale!

I think maybe$ATM$ needs to adjust your meds. :ph34r:

Meds? Now I get Meds?? How will that effect the voices??? :huh:

It was quite the event @ Ali's cache today! Boy what a hilarious time we all had. Met some really great people today. Actually, all cachers that I've met have been really great. Anyway, glad Z was there to save it for us today. I must remember these words for always & eternity: "I swear I looked there!" Z has this uncanny knack for locating caches right after I've looked at the same spot. I haven't seen the CVC Tag Coords posted yet. Anyone? Seems as if everyone in Stockton has gone Tag wild! May have to swipe this little baby again. It sure is getting a lot of play.

Got my cachemate up & running again. Whew! It came in really handy when doing a few of the Diablo caches.

New cachers beat me to CVC Tag!!! [piano music stops - people clear to the sides of the room] :lol::o

Welcome to CVC, Daddy'zGirlz! :( [music continues]

Outrageous Fortunes posted a note for CVC Tag!!! (Unknown (Mystery) Cache)

N 37° 59.953 W 121° 20.239

We introduced some friends to Geocaching yesterday and they found CVC Tag!!!, but apparently they are having a little trouble getting up and running, so I will post the coords for them. Sorry for the delay. Their name is Daddy'zGirlz.

HEADS UP EVERYBODY!!!!

ONE OF THE HARDEST CACHES HAS BEEN HIDDEN BY ME!

Oh, I thought that was CVC Tag in the hands of a entry cacher! At least your cache is hidden so therefor can be hunted. [grumble - grumble] Don't get me wrong. I'm really glad to see new cachers but after having back to back intro cachers fumble around... I can only laugh.

So Ryan, how many stages does this newer better cache have? Is it approved? :lol:

Hey Ryan did you get my email?

You can't beg for clues... cheater! LOL

Talk about being impressed, Laura went wild today. ;):P

Outrageous Fortunes found 4th of July Series Cache (Finale) (Unknown (Mystery) Cache)

FFTF (First Females To Find)

When I went on the Forums last night, I was sure I heard a gauntlet being flung down regarding women finding this cache.......so......We went out before school and found Fourth of July #4, and after school we found the Finale. Can you believe it, a couple of GIRLS found this cache without any help, without any life lines, and without any macho dudes to fight the BAD BUSH!!! WoooHooo!!!

Took two paint balls, left a pencil and a Sponge Bob keychain.

Not only does she stump me on a cache, now she's going Rambow. Are there no limits?!? Congratulations. :lol:

Edited by Green Achers
Every since Hemlock became charge of approvals its takes around 2 days to get approved :o . LoL West Coast Admin only took around 3-4 hours to approve! O well.....I'll have to check when I get back from school.

Poor Hemlock must be swamped with new caches to approve the way you and others have been placing caches. Give the guy a break! B)

Yeah well the wait is going to be well deserved because the cache that is in the approval is, what I think, is my best creation......now that I can check the forums at school I can keep in touch with the geocaching world 24/7 :o

Edited by ryanctek
Sorry if I may sound stupid but huh?

Me too. Huh? Is this an example of too much caching in one day and then trying to write in the forum. LOL.

Congratulations on picking up The Chambers of Ripon cache, BKSGRB.

Cool. Looks like I'll be able to stop in for a little coffee and a Krispy Kreme tomorrow morning again. This time I'll start earlier so no Stocktonians beat me. Tally ho! :P

Edited by Green Achers

We have another new Stockton cacher -- Duckfarmer. I really want her to get her own GPSr so that I can have mine back! She doesn't want to spend a lot of $$$$. (Heck I just got her to buy her very first computer so we have to give the gal a break --- actually we have to give her husband a break. :(

Any suggestions? I have a GPS V, but that's out of her price range. By the way, my daughter in NJ (BRS) has a new 60CS and she loves it. I think someone on this forum asked about them a few posts back. Lightweight - at least compared to mine - easy to read, tons of map storage space and the color is cool. The 60C and 60CS are well out of Duckfarmer's price bracket though.

Anxious to hear suggestions. I want my GPSr back!

BTW I placed CVC Tag yesterday afternoon ----- good luck. :o

okay here we go: Ryan and I are brainstorming and an event or two are in the making. We want just a pizza getogether but we also would like to host an event mayb out in white slough or somewhere. We were thinking of maybe having our scout troop host it in December. Anyway by this weekend we'll have a weekend to do it!

And from the infamous Captain Tenneal....."Geeeetiton" and from blue collar comedy " geterdone"

we'll "geterdone" soon

We have another new Stockton cacher -- Duckfarmer. I really want her to get her own GPSr so that I can have mine back! She doesn't want to spend a lot of $$$$. (Heck I just got her to buy her very first computer so we have to give the gal a break --- actually we have to give her husband a break. :unsure:

Any suggestions? I have a GPS V, but that's out of her price range. By the way, my daughter in NJ (BRS) has a new 60CS and she loves it. I think someone on this forum asked about them a few posts back. Lightweight - at least compared to mine - easy to read, tons of map storage space and the color is cool. The 60C and 60CS are well out of Duckfarmer's price bracket though.

Anxious to hear suggestions. I want my GPSr back!

BTW I placed CVC Tag yesterday afternoon ----- good luck. :lol:

I started with an etrex Venture, which you can pick up new for just over $100 dollars.

I recently moved up to an etrex vista, with lots more memory, a basemap, and the ability to download additional maps to it. Cost was $225 at gpsdiscount.com. My son now uses the Venture.

An inexpensive gps will get you just as close to the cache as an expensive one, just without the additional bells and whistles.

Welcome Duckfarmer!

Hey tek, Ya' need my farm duct tape?! <_< I'm not filing DNF's if your cache is broken. [humored]

-----------------

Q. Why are the Modesto cachers allowing the Stocktonians to abuse CVC Tag??? Is it too great a challenge to reclaim the control? [Yes, you heard it hit again - :):P ] Looks like they've lost interest too. Maybe it will be my turn next. :)