I just bought a trackable geocoin. Any advice on how to not get my geo coin stolen right off the bat?

nickoooook

13 hours ago, nickoooook said:

Any advice on how to not get my geo coin stolen right off the bat?  Are there any procautions I can take to help boost my chances?

Why another name ?  It doesn't allow one to click on it without an error   (unless it's captured in a post).

A lot of travel for your first two caches...  :)

Most would say keep that trackable with you if you don't want it ever stolen.  There's no guarantee otherwise.

- Most cases, we're dealing with humans...

14 hours ago, nickoooook said:

Are there any procautions I can take to help boost my chances?

You found a geocache in Poland and one in Maryland today. In my opinion your chances of the coin not being stolen immediately are better if you place it in the geocache in Poland. 

Edited by Max and 99
  • Funny 4
15 minutes ago, NanCycle said:

I disagree.  Or at least don't give a hoot about "etiquette". Go ahead and make a copy, laminate it and send it out.

One of the nicest replacements I've seen for a lost geocoin was a washer sandwiched between photos of each side of the original coin, placed inside a plastic coin protector. No, it wasn't the original geocoin, but it was pretty nice.

• Upvote 2
On 8/27/2021 at 12:09 PM, Max and 99 said:

You found a geocache in Poland and one in Maryland today. In my opinion your chances of the coin not being stolen immediately are better if you place it in the geocache in Poland. 

The OP should keep it secure during transcontinental trips.  That's a long drive!

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1