Los Angeles (SoCal) gathering?

Dru Morgan

I am passing from the very new cacher to the been here a bit cacher status. I have found 15 caches to date centered around my home in Studio City. I see several of the same names in the logs and figure for the amount of caches/cachers here in the area, some of us are neighbors. Any thoughts as to a gathering of some kind? I'd love to meet my competition.

There is a a group I plan to meet on Thursdays in Disneyland, but that wouldn't work for anyone not an annual passholder, or willing to part with a big chunk of cash for the entrance fee.

For the rest of you, are there any meeting spots that you have gathered before? I like the Tree People at Coldwater and Mulholland, where there happen to be a couple of caches placed. Easy parking and a place to have a picnic lunch or something similar.

I have a three year old daughter, so some place family friendly and close would be in order. Is this idea appealing to anyone here in the Valley or LA? Let me know, and if enough people are interested, maybe we can set a date.

Half my life is spent explaining to Christians why I am a deadhead. The other half is spent explaining to deadheads why I am a Christian.

-Dru Morgan www.theheavenlyhost.com

Good idea which I think is inevitable. As this sport grows the people who play are going to want to meet each other for all kinds of reasons. It's going to take organization by people/geocachers who are good at that stuff. I'm not but I'll sure be at the designated coordinates at the right time! icon_cool.gif

Good idea which I think is inevitable. As this sport grows the people who play are going to want to meet each other for all kinds of reasons. It's going to take organization by people/geocachers who are good at that stuff. I'm not but I'll sure be at the designated coordinates at the right time! icon_cool.gif

Uneakone, Happy1, and Ranboze have all suggested an end-of-summer informal beach geo-gathering at "The Swimmer's Cache" in Long Beach, kinda on the order of the Otis Pug Favorite Walk impromptu gathering. We think it would be fun, but aren't good at organizing such things. If someone else takes the lead, we're good followers and will help. Whataya think? We could have a mass cache swim and beach picnic or something. The weekend after Labor Day weekend, or there abouts, would be good, because the crowds would go way down. We're aware of the 2nd annual Eat, Drink, And God Bless America II gathering 9/29/02 in the Thousand Oaks area, so perhaps not that weekend. And we plan to re-activate the LBJG-HDQTRS cache(nearby) then, too. Spread the word and see what people think...

Regards,

Kevin & Susan :~