Messaging multiple geo-friends

Ed_S

I can start a conversation with one other friend on my geo-list, so why can't I add another friend or two to that conversation? 

It seems to me that this would be a common sense use for one's friend list. I'm told it's not possible to include more than one recipient to a message when messaging friends.  If that's true, may I suggest Groundspeak consider adding this function?

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1

With all the IT nerds Groundspeak employs, nobody has come up with a spam filter that works reasonably well?  I accept that the reason for not allowing multi-person communication in the geo sites is to control spam or other garbage, but isn't that a little 1990s?  I mean, if that's truly a concern, then let's go back to hand-held GPS and stop using the spam-collecting phones, instead of pushing the GPS devices to the back of the shelf. Nobody ever spammed my Garmin eTrex. 

Again, I accept that this is the way it is, but I think it's unnecessarily restrictive and ill-thought in today's world.

• Funny 4
58 minutes ago, Ed_S said:

With all the IT nerds Groundspeak employs, nobody has come up with a spam filter that works reasonably well?

I have no problems with the current "spam filter" solution. I have received practically no spam or, at least, I can not tell when I have seen spam in the Message Center. What kind of spam are you referring to?

On 8/26/2021 at 9:41 AM, arisoft said:

I have no problems with the current "spam filter" solution. I have received practically no spam or, at least, I can not tell when I have seen spam in the Message Center. What kind of spam are you referring to?

I wasn't referring to any spam - I get practically zero spam from anywhere, and that's fine with me. I was simply replying to others on here who referenced receiving spam as a reason to not permit any additional recipients to one's message from the message center to a fellow cacher. One recipient = good. Two or more recipients = can't be done, and your wheels will fall off if you try!

On 8/26/2021 at 9:49 AM, cerberus1 said:

You do realize that in many areas it's still about 50/50 whether folks are using a phone or GPSr, right ?  :) 

Sure I do - but you'll also have to admit that the phones are the tool of choice for the younger set, right? In other words, dinosaurs like myself (and apparently you) are losing ground in the "phones to GPSr" ratio. 

mascot-illustration-of-an-old-smiley-with-white-long-beard-using-a-JJCT43.jpg