How do I change posted coordinates for a cache?

Chipper3

The posted coordinates for a cache must be changed as the landmark that was a reference point for the cacher taking a bearing and a distance has been removed.  The distance moved was about 25 feet from the original location and the Final location has not changed.  I used the Post Log entry to change the coordinates per the pop up message on the cache page in edit mode.  The changes show up in the log  but the posted coordinates remain the old coordinates. 

I am concerned that someone trying to find the cache will never check the log posting.  Or will an admin get flagged by the log post and make the change?  I can understand why an admin would need to check for cache collisions, etc.

The cache in question is https://coord.info/GC8J4XA

8 minutes ago, Chipper3 said:

Additional info: the listed coordinates in the header should read N 34° 52.442 W 82° 22.443    and not  N 34° 52.443 W 82° 22.438

I'm seeing your new coordinates on your cache page:

image.png.e7ac884d1281fc6f356d8c3b7a3dcb56.png

It could be that the old version of the cache page has been cached in your browser.

Thanks to the responders!  Yes, got to be a cache issue!  I'm glad the correct info is now in place but I cant get my browser to show correctly..  I'll give it some time.  Not the first time cache has caused  me pain! =)

I tried all of the cache clearing methods.  Even logged in from a different computer that has never accessed Geocache site.  I still can't  see the coord changes.

What am I missing?

1 hour ago, Chipper3 said:

What am I missing?

Just a thought, check that you haven't inadvertently clicked on the pencil icon next to the coordinates at some point and set Corrected Coordinates. If you have, the coordinates will be shown in italic font with an underline, like this example:

image.png.065e77e5c39dc7442f600521fb59a3c1.png

If that's what's happened, you can clear it by clicking on the pencil icon and then clicking on Restore:

image.png.f20b85e464379954637cfa498379e55e.png

• Helpful 2
16 hours ago, barefootjeff said:

Just a thought, check that you haven't inadvertently clicked on the pencil icon next to the coordinates at some point and set Corrected Coordinates. If you have, the coordinates will be shown in italic font with an underline, like this example:

image.png.065e77e5c39dc7442f600521fb59a3c1.png

If that's what's happened, you can clear it by clicking on the pencil icon and then clicking on Restore:

image.png.f20b85e464379954637cfa498379e55e.png

Thank you very much, barefootjeff!  That had happened and the restore also fixed confusion on the list of waypoints on the site.  All is now well!  Only the correct waypoints show up without an extra one.  

Edited by Chipper3
added a line for clarity